FYI: Space Bug exploiting in safe zones

millstreet2

Old Alpha
Oboy Oboyto
Player "X" used the 1 shot bug exploit to shoot/loot me in NI's safe area.

He understands its wrong, but does not care what the reaction is from the community.

Going with the other people are doing it, so that makes it okay for him approach.

This player must be delt with.

Take care of this problem MA.

I was cutting back. But now I am quitting EU for good. =/

I think its time to re-evaluate the bugs and how it reflects on the player experience!

Im Sorry , but what happend and where ? ni safe zone ? space ? at tp ?

you had stackables in space and wasnt in lootable ? please explain

im really concerned going to space with stackables cos of some unknown bugg that would get me looted even if i thought I was secure , and I dont talk about small peds ,

Player "X" used the 1 shot bug exploit to shoot/loot me in NI's safe area.

He understands its wrong, but does not care what the reaction is from the community.

Going with the other people are doing it, so that makes it okay for him approach.

This player must be delt with.

Take care of this problem MA.

I was cutting back. But now I am quitting EU for good. =/

I think its time to re-evaluate the bugs and how it reflects on the player experience!

This sure is a Next Island safe area. Last I checked Arkadia was far from Next Island.... sorry I couldn't help myself. You mention NI yet show a SS of Arkadia chat? I'm very confused....:scratch2:

~Danimal

Aside from the fact If someone was exploiting for profit again, what exactly was looted?

This sure is a Next Island safe area. Last I checked Arkadia was far from Next Island.... sorry I couldn't help myself. You mention NI yet show a SS of Arkadia chat? I'm very confused....:scratch2:

~Danimal

I saw him the next day on arkadia.

He was talking among some of the people so I made it public knowledge of him abusing the bug. That is when we initiated the conversation.

He used the bug to get a 1 shot kill knowing that in a safe zone you have 30 seconds to get full safety. He wouldn't have been able to kill me, heck get a few shots off within the time limit unless he used this bug to 1 shot.

I've lost 2k ped just recently to a pirate, I assure you losing 17 ped to this exploiter has made me a lot more upset than someone playing within the guidelines.

When someone cheats there way to steal from another player, abusing the system... theres something so wrong about that words cannot even describe. PVE exploits are bad enough, but 100% lootable PVP bugs.. used to kill people in and out of safe zones.

Im sorry for your loss Seriously I am , But Dont Feed The Pirates , Dont Bring Goods in quads

Bugg or not , Risk 2k to save 20 peds the cost for a safe trip aint worth it,

I know the margins in trade is slim but loosing it all is even worse

I never did understand the 30 second "unsafe" zone rule. I mean I understand the reason it's there... so that you can't hide at the borders and hop back and forth over the line... but really, there are better ways to prevent that kind of behavior. A traveller should be able to hit the safe zone and be safe, IMO. Since it's often possible to successfully evade for 30 seconds, I think this particular case is a more serious exploit than the standard ones we've seen.

Just arrived in space, Got SHOT?

So as I materialized in space from NI, I see a pirate. I think no problem. Im in the safe zone. next thing I know, Im taking damage. WTF? I thought when we were in a SS area it was a NON PVP Zone? Can someone tell me if I am supposed to be safe in the safe zone or has there been a patch and now all of Space is PVP?

So as I materialized in space from NI, I see a pirate. I think no problem. Im in the safe zone. next thing I know, Im taking damage. WTF? I thought when we were in a SS area it was a NON PVP Zone? Can someone tell me if I am supposed to be safe in the safe zone or has there been a patch and now all of Space is PVP?

this would be an seriuos issue

I saw him the next day on arkadia.

He was talking among some of the people so I made it public knowledge of him abusing the bug. That is when we initiated the conversation.

He used the bug to get a 1 shot kill knowing that in a safe zone you have 30 seconds to get full safety. He wouldn't have been able to kill me, heck get a few shots off within the time limit unless he used this bug to 1 shot.

I've lost 2k ped just recently to a pirate, I assure you losing 17 ped to this exploiter has made me a lot more upset than someone playing within the guidelines.

When someone cheats there way to steal from another player, abusing the system... theres something so wrong about that words cannot even describe. PVE exploits are bad enough, but 100% lootable PVP bugs.. used to kill people in and out of safe zones.

You didn't read about the 1KS and "how not to get into your quad" topic? :scratch2: If you are in FIRST person and get into your quad you will stick out like a sore thumb... :(

~Danimal

You didn't read about the 1KS and "how not to get into your quad" topic? :scratch2: If you are in FIRST person and get into your quad you will stick out like a sore thumb... :(

~Danimal

No, I have been playing more casually lately.

I had to cut back by this time of year anyways due to RL things like moving into a new place ect... Haven't had time to keep up on the latest bug abuse / exploits. =/

I find it troublesome that people use exploits to steal from people. And even more so that its just part of daily entropia life.

People who use exploits to gain on the system need to be punished.

So how about exploiters who steal directly from another players pockets?

Its criminal that bugs like this are not delt with in a timely manor. People are being stole from and abused daily. All kids need to do is look on the forum and have detailed directions of how to exploit themselves. Which many have now taken too.

This whole thing stinks, from the Community abusing the bugs, to the company allowing such things to happen over a long period of time with no consequence?

Im getting my ped back in my RL pockets where you'll have to do better than search a forum to find ways to steal from your fellow community members.

Current state of Entropia: Its steal or be stolen from, and thats not how I make my living. GL to you all.

I think is PVP non-lootable.

Well, for starters, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
I truly wish i could take credit for this kill, (i really need the 2k)
BUT!

WHO THE FUCK CARRIES 2k PED IN SPACE!? sorry, your fault.
im going to make a quote from MA....

"At your own risk"

im sorry, whether or not you did or didn't loose 2k to someone, (really wish you would post there name), its a legit stragity and to me, this just sounds like a "loot sucks" thread.

This isn't about the loot a pirate got from me legit. I took that loss, I dont post his name or flame him. It was my fault.

This is about a exploit used to harm another avatar. I lost 30 ped in this case of value. And this upsets me to an extreme degree. Way more than losing 2000 PED. Because honestly. 2000 ped is not a huge deal to me. I've made more than 5000 ped in 1 hour on entropia on my best days.

THERE IS NO SAFE ZONE WHEN YOU CAN 1 SHOT. They are not only exploiting the space system. They are exploiting another player in a safe zone directly. Where they should have a closed window in which a full tt vehicle would have plenty of time to retreat into the safety of the space station. When 1 shot will KILL you. There is NO safety.

This is beyond low to use this technique, and seeing how common it is amongst the players and how its a priveledge to abuse the system.. It has real effects on the community.

The faith in this community has never been above aweful once in my EU career, so for once instead of just taking it. I am putting my money where my mouth is and taking my business elsewhere.:wise:

so your aying its possible to kill someone when they just load into space from the planet?

MA have already replied on a support about the 1 shot killing avatars.

If you go into a PvP zone then back into a safe zone and you get shot in them 30 seconds thats within the rules of the game.

The one shot may be a bug but MA dont seem to care on the issue right now :wise:

He used the bug to get a 1 shot kill knowing that in a safe zone you have 30 seconds to get full safety.

Did you lose anything from getting killed in the safe zone?
I thought the 30 seconds was that, you could be killed but not looted.

I dont think he could know that he would 1 shot kill you so i dont understand why you are so upset, dont go to space with lootables if you dont want to loose them, very simple advice.

I dont think he could know that he would 1 shot kill you so i dont understand why you are so upset, dont go to space with lootables if you dont want to loose them, very simple advice.

I would be upset if I was killed and looted because of a bug.

In lootable areas, especially those you have no (practical and legal) option to bypass, the rules should be crystal clear - and of course only not for lootable areas but for safe areas aswell.

I mean, what if you're flying to a mothership to request passenger status, but you at some point accidently wander outside the "parking zone" but immediately turn back, and then get one-hitted by an opportunist?

On the planet you need an antitoxic shot to be able to enter lootable area - there is no such safeguard in space. And if I recall right, the indicatur turns red without warning once you're over the invisible border. (And the toxic zone indicator, which warns about lootable areas on planet, is sleeping in space.)

Last edited:
Did you lose anything from getting killed in the safe zone?
I thought the 30 seconds was that, you could be killed but not looted.

Yes I was looted =/ , I lost a whole 17 ped tt of blue paint! :)

All you need to do is go red for .1 second and your vulnerable to a player 1 shotting you for 30 seconds minimum, and having the ability to loot you.

read the OP screenshot. He knew he was doing it. He stated he didn't care because someone had done it to him.

So clearly he did understand what he did. And used a exploit to gain a advantage in a 100% lootable area.

This seems okay for you toad?

Maybe you didn't look close enough at all the information before you drew your conclusion. Honest mistake im sure!

L Quads are equal in speed, the only way he could have gotten that kill shot on you is if you either stopped (knowing there is a 30second rule) or you exposed the top of your quad to the guy or faced him...all of which measn you didnt keep flying in a straight line to ss.

As far as i know u had the same chance at that kill shot if you chose to try, u either chose not to arm your quad or try.

As far as im concerned you were lazy in your attempt to defend and evade.

i still fail to see the problem here,

You know that once you enter a "safezone", you still have 30 sec of lootable pvp to survive through. so each time i read the title of this thread, i want to freak out.
*there is no bug here
*nothing is being exploited

and when it comes to Lootable PVP. anything goes.

if it is in the game, it is "at your own risk"
THAT IS THE ONLY RULE OF LOOTABLE PVP!
"AT YOUR OWN RISK"

As far as i know u had the same chance at that kill shot if you chose to try, u chose not to arm your quad or try.

First, someone who attacks you from behind has the advantage of making the first damage, aswell as (if enough pvp skilled) being able to make additional damage while the target is turning around to aim back.

Secondly, if it's a matter of (ab)using a bug (if I understand it right, it's some bodypart sticking out from the ship), someone who is good both on pvp (ie aiming) aswell as kniwing where to look for the vulnerable spot, has an advantage. Also, someone who (ab)uses the bug that allows one-hitting someone in space has an advantage over someone who wants to play fair and not take advantage of such bugs. Not to forget, if someone one-hits you, you're dead and can't shoot back.

I think most people who fly in space expect to be able to take 5-10 hits before being in real danger (=the time it takes for your ship to reach 0 SI), not to be killed in a single hit.

How can I explain this simply.

He used an exploit.

See a problem yet?

and as for "anything goes"

Thats not true, look at how many people are banned for exploiting.

My vehicle did not get damaged one bit. How can I be killed inside an untouched vehicle?

Its clearly a exploit no?

You know that once you enter a "safezone", you still have 30 sec of lootable pvp to survive

;
a) From what people have told me historically (ie pvp3); once you leave lootable pvp, you can be killed but not looted. This is the first time someone claims to have been looted in safe zone.

b) When you're in a vehicle, the vehicle is supposed to take damage before you do; if you're entering safe space and you have a persuer, you typically have just enough time to survive those 30 seconds with some evasive manoevers. (I don't think that valks and bots as vehicles are applicable in the lootable parts of space.)

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to be that Ryan that Lazaro got killed by (four times)?

How can I explain this simply.

He used an exploit.

See a problem yet?

and as for "anything goes"

Thats not true, look at how many people are banned for exploiting.

My vehicle did not get damaged one bit. How can I be killed inside an untouched vehicle?

Its clearly a exploit no?

THERE IS NO EXPLOIT! ITS PVP! its the same way in all PVP! at the rig, in the ring, in pvp4 ITS ALL THE SAME! it has been a par of the game sense day 1!!! your only calling it an exploit when you loose to it. "at your own risk" you know that, you have been in game longer than i have.

;
a) From what people have told me historically (ie pvp3); once you leave lootable pvp, you can be killed but not looted. This is the first time someone claims to have been looted in safe zone.

b) When you're in a vehicle, the vehicle is supposed to take damage before you do; if you're entering safe space and you have a persuer, you typically have just enough time to survive those 30 seconds with some evasive manoevers. (I don't think that valks and bots as vehicles are applicable in the lootable parts of space.)

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to be that Ryan that Lazaro got killed by (four times)?

i have successfully looted someone in "safezone" in the 30 second time frame. that doesent make it an exploit.

has MA stated that when you enter safezone that your lootables are safe for those 30 sec?
i dont think they have, so people are just making the assumption that you should be safe.

PROVE TO ME THAT LOOSING YOUR LOOTABLES IN A SAFE ZONE IN THOSE 30 SECONDS IS AN EXPLOIT!

THERE IS NO EXPLOIT! ITS PVP! its the same way in all PVP! at the rig, in the ring, in pvp4 ITS ALL THE SAME! it has been a par of the game sense day 1!!! your only calling it an exploit when you loose to it. "at your own risk" you know that, you have been in game longer than i have.

PVP in space is supposed to be like this:
a) You destroy vehicle
b) Pilot+passengers get their HP reduced to 10 HP
c) You shoot pilot+passengers while they float in space

You're not supposed to be able to kill passengers who still are inside a vehicle.

(Also, but I just consider this a bug until MA claims otherwise, the 30 seconds of pvp outside pvp area is supposed to be non-lootable. But if you got loot from this it's MAs fault, not yours.)

Before this VU (that brought the "deformed bodies", to a degree mentioned in "known issues") did you ever hear anyone getting killed *inside* a vehicle in space?

When this VU was released, did you read somewhere a public statement that you now are supposed to be able to kill people inside covered vehicles as opposed to before?

i have successfully looted someone in "safezone" in the 30 second time frame. that doesent make it an exploit.

has MA stated that when you enter safezone that your lootables are safe for those 30 sec?
i dont think they have, so people are just making the assumption that you should be safe.

So your telling me its an intended kill shot feature MA put in for the ACES of entropia?

If thats the case I will not complain again. From what I could gather its widely accepted as a exploit and it should be.

Your trying to defend your actions so you can continue to claim your right while you go on stealing.

You are trying to prolong the fixing of the bug as long as you can so you can continue on killing people through there vehicles... As the game intended of course! ;) WINK WINK!

Back