Question: Why Do Vehicles Always Spawn Facing Northward?

Why do vehicles always spawn facing northward?

• They are magnetic.

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • Otherwise they wouldn’t fit into the inventory.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • They are Chinese cars, so its southward, really.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • On Memorial Island they don’t.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Because they run on öl.

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Try a junkyard.

• It’s a trick of the Bakalite

• Other. (Please elaborate in thread.)

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Give me EFD, anyway.

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

GradenFoss

Stalker
Graden (Switch) Foss
Why do vehicles always spawn facing northward? :scratch2:

we always spawn facing north too, or at least I do when ever I tp. Calypso must have a very strong magneting north :)

other: to make you and only u ponder why :eek::eek::laugh::laugh:

Other: This is due to the once-in-an-aeon alignment of seven stars over a distance of 72.3 parsecs causing an imbalance in the transphasic coils inside the engine housing, which then makes the vehicles poly-dimensional. And as everybody knows, poly-dimensional objects always align along the North-South meridian on a Sunday in Milwaukee.

I think

:scratch2:

Cars, far more sensitive than human beings, have an elightened sense of self-awareness, and realise that the most efficient way to function is to be north-facing, with respect to the sun, the magnetic core of Calypso, and the rubber chicken on the moon who stands guard over us all and controls the tides.

Once one appreciates this perspective, it's really quite obvious that any time spent not being constructive, should be spent facing north.

Sure would be nice if they always spawned facing the same direction as the spawning ava.

They spawn any direction you point them, just like any other object you drop.

Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. I think I have a new forum sig. :yay:

Because they are programmed/coded to spawn north...... They just have to have a way to spawn, and in fact all items spawn to the "north" in entropia, it is just that the "front" of different items are in different ways, but yes, the "front" of items, MA's "front" that is, spawns to the north. :)

And on the car, which everyone spawn frequently, and obviously the front bumper is the front... it spawns north :)

Because north is usually represented as 0 degrees and when objects are created in code 0 is usually the value given to them on initialisation.

we always spawn facing north too, or at least I do when ever I tp. Calypso must have a very strong magneting north :)

I haven’t had my TP chip for long. So I guess, I wouldn’t know right off bat.

I noticed two avas today tp-ing into Twin, who spawned facing north, indeed.

However I just tp-ed myself, facing towards SE and spawning towards SE. :dunno:

EDIT: Tried to stick a needle to Mr Foss’s nose. Didn’t succeed. Needle always fell off monitor screen. Guess, Mr Foss’s nose is not magnetic. :cool:

Last edited:
Its because loot is North :scratch2:

Mine has gone south... :(

That expression did came to mind, when preparing the thread...

Had now three crafting runs under 30% TT value return––not high-risk clicking or the like, mind you, just low end skill crafting, where I usually do not bad––, and two EnMatter runs with under 10% hit rate. :confused:

Finding remains good, though. :yay:

Same reason vivo's spray their blue healie lines to the east

same reason pedcard balance ALWAYS goes south! ;)

Because North is where Santa Claus is, and all Cars love Christmas :wise:

Other: This is due to the once-in-an-aeon alignment of seven stars over a distance of 72.3 parsecs causing an imbalance in the transphasic coils inside the engine housing, which then makes the vehicles poly-dimensional. And as everybody knows, poly-dimensional objects always align along the North-South meridian on a Sunday in Milwaukee.

Aah, yes. I understand, what you mean. I think.

Just one thing...

What the heck is »Milwaukee?« :confused:
Can you eat it?

Last edited:
Think I just spend precious ATH-time reading every post:laugh:

Ah, yes. I understand, what you mean. I think.

Just one thing...

What the heck is »Milwaukee?« :confused:
Can you eat it?

A Milwaukee is a small Australasian marsupial, related to the more commonly known Platypus (they're cousins three times removed). It has a small beak shaped like a sparrows, the front legs of an aardvark and the back legs of a marmoset and is peculiar in that it can often be found juggling geese. Many consider it to be nothing more than a myth, though some have claimed to have seen it foraging in bins behind the local thrift store.

It is edible, though those who have tasted one have suggested it has a flavour not dissimilar to four-week old fried chicken. With mayonaisse.

Hope that helps.

:silly:

Last edited:
Because programmer of mindark think "well, north is good - Ok, is finished, hey people, you can release the new version with cars!!".

Because North is where Santa Claus is, and all Cars love Christmas
so you are going to buy us all cars this Christmas? ;)

Because if they spawned driving north you'd have to chase your car every time you dropped it.

they are watching the flying monkeys I launched to find me some deer horns or an umbranoid symbol male :)

Cars, far more sensitive than human beings, have an elightened sense of self-awareness, and realise that the most efficient way to function is to be north-facing, with respect to the sun, the magnetic core of Calypso, and the rubber chicken on the moon who stands guard over us all and controls the tides.

Once one appreciates this perspective, it's really quite obvious that any time spent not being constructive, should be spent facing north.

These are wise words, man. That’s deep. I’m humbled. :bowdown:

Calypso and The World perfectly put in perspective.

I think I have a new forum sig. :yay:

Yes.

Entropian proverbs, here to last forever. :cool:

Last edited:
from the Asset Creation Manual - CryEngine 2 - Vehicles section

General Setup in 3d applications

Vehicles are complex objects that need careful setup in the 3d package. Basically the setup should be applicable to any package. Polycounts need to be carefully calculated, as extended functionality increase object (drawcall) and polycount drastically.

Important All vehicles have to face towards +Y in the coordinate system (front looking towards up in top view).

Example: rotation and position of the chassis pivot:

VehicleSetup_vehicle_pivotposition.jpg

Every moving part needs to be a seperate object within the 3d package. The pivot needs to be set correctly within the 3d package, as the engine will use the object's individual pivot to make transformations.

What this means the vehicle is dropped the way it was made. In vehicle case that means for it to work it has to face +y when made. +y == north

Last edited:
Because they are programmed/coded to spawn north...... They just have to have a way to spawn, and in fact all items spawn to the "north" in entropia, it is just that the "front" of different items are in different ways, but yes, the "front" of items, MA's "front" that is, spawns to the north. :)

And on the car, which everyone spawn frequently, and obviously the front bumper is the front... it spawns north :)

Because north is usually represented as 0 degrees and when objects are created in code 0 is usually the value given to them on initialisation.

Because programmer of mindark think "well, north is good - Ok, is finished, hey people, you can release the new version with cars!!".

from the Asset Creation Manual - CryEngine 2 - Vehicles section

General Setup in 3d applications

Vehicles are complex objects that need careful setup in the 3d package. Basically the setup should be applicable to any package. Polycounts need to be carefully calculated, as extended functionality increase object (drawcall) and polycount drastically.

Important All vehicles have to face towards +Y in the coordinate system (front looking towards up in top view).

Example: rotation and position of the chassis pivot:

VehicleSetup_vehicle_pivotposition.jpg

Every moving part needs to be a seperate object within the 3d package. The pivot needs to be set correctly within the 3d package, as the engine will use the object's individual pivot to make transformations.

What this means the vehicle is dropped the way it was made. In vehicle case that means for it to work it has to face +y when made. +y == north

Well, yea, I know that there would be a default zero angle involved... but... that’s totally uninspiring...! :(

Back