Please fix the stupid deep space regions around planets

syntax

Guardian
syntax error
I know everyone has their own personal list of ridiculous bugs they'd like to see fixed but this one has raised my blood pressure.

I know I'm not the only one who's gotten the "cannot enter deep space" error when trying to land on a planet from a slightly wrong angle.

I just spent the last 30 mins or so trying to land on Toulan, flying directly from its own space station (which btw is like 4au away, ffs), because somehow I missed the 2-inch square invisible hole that you have to fly through to avoid the "deep space" error message (even though you're right in front of the planet). I kept circling around the damn thing until in the end I gave up and had to fly back to the station and spend 7 ped to TP down.

MindArk, for the love of all things holy, please clear the space around planets. :(

I know everyone has their own personal list of ridiculous bugs they'd like to see fixed but this one has raised my blood pressure.

I know I'm not the only one who's gotten the "cannot enter deep space" error when trying to land on a planet from a slightly wrong angle.

I just spent the last 30 mins or so trying to land on Toulan, flying directly from its own space station (which btw is like 4au away, ffs), because somehow I missed the 2-inch square invisible hole that you have to fly through to avoid the "deep space" error message (even though you're right in front of the planet). I kept circling around the damn thing until in the end I gave up and had to fly back to the station and spend 7 ped to TP down.

MindArk, for the love of all things holy, please clear the space around planets. :(

Uhhh

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2014/02/20/3451/index.xml

:dunce::dunce::dunce::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just googled "entropia toulan landing" btw

:woot:

Last edited:
Ah shit, LOL, it figures.

Well, thanks, now I know.

Next time I will dig through the past few years of support FAQs before complaining about something amiss. :rolleyes:

Not just you, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago, wasted half an hour before someone either told me or I figured it out, can't recall which.

I agree this sort of nonsense should be fixed ASAP.

ought to make it so that you hit the border of the space's server and you get auto tped to nearest planet or ss, sort of like how hitting T works on planets.... only it'd have to be ss if you don't have the landing peds.

Totally agree to OP, this should be fixed.

I regularly end at space border (deep space), when directly flying from Rock to Caly, don´t know why, but if you start at Rock, have Caly centered, you stop somewhere way off from Caly.

For a real space thing, it should be possible to fly around all the planet, make it 3 D objects not only background textures, problem solved.

^^^ the above two posts ^^^

What is North in space anyway...

What is North in space anyway...
bugged deep space ofc :laugh:

Just a tip to avoid that bug a bit
When you enter space make mark your destination planet just in the edge of it and in straigt line of it SS. Push "R" and aim the landmark! When you are closer than 10 AU you may need to make an adjustment, but you will avoid "deep space" shit most of the times. Toulan I think is bugged since the beggining, I didn't visited after it launch but I remember flying direct to planet was disabled.

FYI. if you are afk and you miss the "Landing/entry to the planet" msg then you will end in "deep space" no matter straight down is the planet atmosphere lol you need to turn back to SS direction once more!!!!!

Last edited:
If u ask for help (in space channel or other space related channels ), i'm sure anyone would have pmed u the landing waypoint

If not, pm me , i will give u all landing points.

cheers and GL on Toulan

PS. about Toulan: yesterday i got a nice lanter as summer holiday gift

If u ask for help (in space channel or other space related channels ), i'm sure anyone would have pmed u the landing waypoint

If not, pm me , i will give u all landing points.

cheers and GL on Toulan

PS. about Toulan: yesterday i got a nice lanter as summer holiday gift

Yea I should have Googled it, asked in #space or any number of things, but I was too frustrated and just wanted to bitch instead, lol.

I mean this is typical MindArk development priorities... an entire planet has been bugged for the past 2 years but thank god they found time to remodel the fruits.

Agreed this is very annoying around the planets.

Have wasted a lot of fuel in the past bumping along the deep space barrier or lining up my flight going afk and then coming back to realise I hardly progressed at all.

IMO space should be a large rectangle that encompassed all the planets within the space.

Just now flew from cyrene to caly and hit deep space warning. Tried to fly out of it and by the 6 or 7 deep space warning i was thrown out in space, vehicle back to storage and died thrown back to Cyrene SS even though I spent 20 minutes and fuel getting there. Normally I target space station and then gradually fly toward planet once in the zone but being kicked out of craft and placed back on cyrene ss 10au away is not right when I was 4au from caly.:cussing:

latest

I think I found the problem

Back