Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

I think you are a little bit weird :ahh:

If before you would have looted in one run 1200 PED in Shrapnel and 700 PED in Ammo, you now get 1900 in shrapnel but you will need around 500 for repairs so you're actually gaining a bit of MU on what's left, 200 PED that you now get in shrapnel. It feel weird to have to explain this, no?

Hi Evey, using your figures yes, they would imply an upturn, but I think that is just an exercise in maths and doesn't reflect the proportions of shrapnel / unused ammo that I was used to before the VU. :)

I accept your comment about being weird though :eyecrazy:

Ff

Patch coming up soon? Ideally before migra...

12 hours straight with only 2 globals is not a pretty sight and finding the right setup gets too expensive. Experiencing 10-12 % less TT return too. (30k ped cycled since VU @ 3.2-3.3 dpp, various mobs)

PS
Hi Evey, [...] I accept your comment about being weird though :eyecrazy:

I know my own kin when I see them =))

Just to add my 2 cents after experimenting a bit more:

It appears that combat fapping during a kill cuts your average loot in half. For example, on mobs like Leviathan(young-old) or Proteron(young-mat) I can kill the lower maturities no problem without fapping, but when I try prov-domi I have to fap 3-5 times during the kill. These higher maturity mobs have average loot of 2-3ped instead of 7-8ped of the young-old, at least with the setup I was using. The same thing with other mobs, even with lower HP. I attribute this to having to fap during the kill.

Goodbye fap value, hello armor value.

Also, it appears that I have the best loot hunting mobs at a level half of my weapons level, which I kill very easily and quickly. It seems as if MA wants everyone (or at least me) to hunt way below their level, which to me is quite boring. I have always enjoyed pushing myself to kill the highest level creatures possible without dying, well not all the time but occasionally. This is the best way to get comfortable killing bigger things, why take that away from us?

Just to add my 2 cents after experimenting a bit more:

It appears that combat fapping during a kill cuts your average loot in half. For example, on mobs like Leviathan(young-old) or Proteron(young-mat) I can kill the lower maturities no problem without fapping, but when I try prov-domi I have to fap 3-5 times during the kill. These higher maturity mobs have average loot of 2-3ped instead of 7-8ped of the young-old, at least with the setup I was using. The same thing with other mobs, even with lower HP. I attribute this to having to fap during the kill.

Goodbye fap value, hello armor value.

Also, it appears that I have the best loot hunting mobs at a level half of my weapons level, which I kill very easily and quickly. It seems as if MA wants everyone (or at least me) to hunt way below their level, which to me is quite boring. I have always enjoyed pushing myself to kill the highest level creatures possible without dying, well not all the time but occasionally. This is the best way to get comfortable killing bigger things, why take that away from us?

Not sure but...

• Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

According to what was mentioned as bolded above, it might not have been the fapping per se...but rather the unintended consequence of extending your time to kill (excessive time)?

Perhaps you could try a varying test of the factors mentioned above....damage of weapon vs creature's max hp, how long it takes you to kill, etc.

Its loot 2.0, so I'm also not sure either though. :laugh:

Not sure but...

According to what was mentioned as bolded above, it might not have been the fapping per se...but rather the unintended consequence of extending your time to kill (excessive time)?

Perhaps you could try a varying test of the factors mentioned above....damage of weapon vs creature's max hp, how long it takes you to kill, etc.

Its loot 2.0, so I'm also not sure either though. :laugh:

I agree, but why make it this way? I would think we should be rewarded for getting a challenging kill, not the other way around.

I agree, but why make it this way? I would think we should be rewarded for getting a challenging kill, not the other way around.

Haven't the slightest clue to be honest.

Perhaps its to make our avatar skills "matter"?

Sufficient skills to max weapon < -> With appropriate weapon damage vs Creature HP < -> Minimal time to kill

Something along those line of thoughts? :scratch2:

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

so what will happen with the shared loot thing , will be a little messed up i think , or with cassual teams ...

I normaly gave up to hunt, about some reasons. I just did mining the last weeks/months, and only killed some creatures, if it was need for mining.

At the very first day, we got loot 2.0, i tried out a run at teladons, and i dont changed anything. I used a sword with 57% eco and old justy II for tagging, plus UL boar set with plats. Some times i faped a bit, but not a lot.

I used 200 ped ammo for the L sword and made at least 10 ped profit at the end.

Yes, it is to short to say anything, after only one run, but normaly i got about 60% payback at teladons, so i was a bit happy to not lost again :) But im sure this was only some luck, and noting more, about it was one run.

Will see over time, how loot 2.0 will be :) But at least, i got some little hope.

12 hours straight with only 2 globals is not a pretty sight and finding the right setup gets too expensive. Experiencing 10-12 % less TT return too. (30k ped cycled since VU @ 3.2-3.3 dpp, various mobs)

PS

Welcome to the club.. 55% TT return, 90% shrapnell... see you later EU

ANYONE wonna buy my ava? not like they punish that

I normaly gave up to hunt, about some reasons. I just did mining the last weeks/months, and only killed some creatures, if it was need for mining.

At the very first day, we got loot 2.0, i tried out a run at teladons, and i dont changed anything. I used a sword with 57% eco and old justy II for tagging, plus UL boar set with plats. Some times i faped a bit, but not a lot.

Yes, it is to short to say anything, after only one run, but normaly i got about 60% payback at teladons, so i was a bit happy to not lost again :) But im sure this was only some luck, and noting more, about it was one run.

Will see over time, how loot 2.0 will be :) But at least, i got some little hope.

Right.. 70%+ economy & 55% TT guess lootsystem is working like intended

Welcome to the club.. 55% TT return, 90% shrapnell... see you later EU

ANYONE wonna buy my ava? not like they punish that

Sorry to see you leave EU.
More loot for the rest of us:))))

200ped hunt.. cannot make any determinations from runs that small. 1 global is required for profit most times. Thats not a run.

PS

Yes, absolutely 100% this. In 2 years, ive actually not had returns like this on 4k a day. I am 88% since 2.0. And this is with a sword at 83.7.

Honestly, it was the same shit returns i had with an m83 but worse.

loot 2.0 makes me feel like a noob all over again.

What will you do when its only you left :laugh:

I will become Mindark partner.
Bring all the gamers I know into the universe and it will become the best game in history.

I will become Mindark partner.
Bring all the gamers I know into the universe and it will become the best game in history.

You aren't done yet? What are you waiting on? Get er done! :wtg:

Sorry to see you leave EU.
More loot for the rest of us:))))

FUCK OFF IDIOT...
IF I get 55% & leave, that means less loot for you!
& you're not sorry, i'm 200% sure off that. I only know off 3 maxed players that do ok atm.. be happy.. things might change (& I sure hope it does..) Never liked cheaters like you & hulk with 24/7 personal mod fappers like you & hulk & joda.. wonder why MA doesn't do something about that.. not a ban but just adjust loot for that.
Maybe then I'll hunt 8h/day again..

You might think you've invented the wheel but I've been here +10 years & sure I loot UL guns but my avg TT is below 95% with a maxed i287..

FUCK OFF IDIOT...
IF I get 55% & leave, that means less loot for you!
& you're not sorry, i'm 200% sure off that. I only know off 3 maxed players that do ok atm.. be happy.. things might change (& I sure hope it does..) Never liked cheaters like you & hulk with 24/7 personal mod fappers like you & hulk & joda.. wonder why MA doesn't do something about that.. not a ban but just adjust loot for that.
Maybe then I'll hunt 8h/day again..

You might think you've invented the wheel but I've been here +10 years & sure I loot UL guns but my avg TT is below 95% with a maxed i287..

Selling mod fap 200k

1000 Nusul (800 Young-Prov, 200 Guardian-Stalker)
Items: 1
Return: 85%

Gonna drop the rest of my peds on AU or FOMA and fuck it I should have stayed quit :handjob:

Atrox Young hunted, return 87%

Hi,

I have focused on Atrox Young hunting. I have hunted about 1200 Atrox after Loot 2.0 with 87% TT return. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!. Thanks MA this upgrade wan´t as you said to increase return rate. Loot 2.0 have to be bugged at the moment. My average return rate before loot 2.0 was near 100% with eco hunting.

I have lost more than -500ped in last 3 day i have hunted Atrox

I´m near to rage quit :mad:

W8 for next patch, thats what im doing, no more hunt till this sh*t is fixed. I am really curious about monday"s cld returns

Hi,

I have focused on Atrox Young hunting. I have hunted about 1200 Atrox after Loot 2.0 with 87% TT return. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!. Thanks MA this upgrade wan´t as you said to increase return rate. Loot 2.0 have to be bugged at the moment. My average return rate before loot 2.0 was near 100% with eco hunting.

I have lost more than -500ped in last 3 day i have hunted Atrox

Oh dear,

I laugh at people that thought loot 2.0 meant instant profit for all.

To keep all the whiners in perspective.

THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE PED IS OFF OTHER PLAYERS.

Now back to the whiners expecting over 100% returns ROFL

Rgds

Ace

Oh dear,

I laugh at people that thought loot 2.0 meant instant profit for all.

To keep all the whiners in perspective.

THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE PED IS OFF OTHER PLAYERS.

Now back to the whiners expecting over 100% returns ROFL

Rgds

Ace

I'm not expecting over 100% returns.
I'm also not expecting 50-80% returns either, but I've been getting them.

That's me done from EU again for another 6 months or so I think, will try again when they sort this shit out, if they sort this shit out.

[B]Back from a 7k total cost on marcimex (mostly), 81% back...[/B]

:scratch2:

(with MU in)

Seeing these reports of 80% return runs leads me to believe MA is working towards the biggest ATH ever.
The loot pool is being filled with all those 20% drains to go over a whopping 500.000 ped!
MA needs a new record headline.
"Biggest loot ever found in a digital creature! Join Entropia now and get rich!"

:wtg:

Back