EBN: Meteorites

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Jermaine Johansson:
“We interrupt tonight’s recap of the invasion to bring you an update on the swarm of objects detected by CDF satellites last night.
As if fighting an invasion wasn’t enough - it now appears that Calypso is being bombarded from space. Thankfully, not by the robots.
CJ Weave is reporting live from the field.”
CJ Weave: “Thanks, Jermaine. We are currently at the crash site of one the many meteorites that have struck Eudoria over the last few hours. Crashes have been felt or seen near Ashi, Minopolis and Cape Corinth.
So far, no casualties have been reported, but the damage to infrastructure and property is calculated to be in the billions of PED.
Imperial Zoological Scouts are currently moving in to investigate the meteorites... CDF obviously... hands full... invasion…”
Jermaine: “CJ?”
CJ Weave: “… going in... closer look, before... arrive...”
Jermaine: “CJ, the feed is getting very unstable. Can you hear me?”
CJ: !“... solid black metal... glowing...”
Jermaine: “CJ, you’re breaking up.”
CJ: “…
The meteorite... ... it’s MOVING!
…”
Jermaine the anchor: “CJ? CJ..? Well, folks, it appears we have... once again... lost the feed.
Our technicians are hard at work trying to get the feed back up as soon as possible.
While we wait, I would like to remind our viewers that Exodus Space Station is not a refugee camp. Any vessel entering our protected zone may be fired upon. Thank you.”
!

Originally Posted Here

Vanguard's @ Ashi / Cape Cornith (big spider robot beast things, like that machine in Wild Wild West) :silly2:
Vanguard @ Mino (far west)
Harbinger Iota's @ Cape Cornith (south)

Level 75 Vanguard Coordinator

Last edited:
I would like to remind our viewers that Exodus Space Station is not a refugee camp. Any vessel entering our protected zone may be fired upon. Thank you.

lol if we don't get killed by bots CDF will make sure we do :laugh:

Just visited ashi for some vanguard, very nice mob and i was really impressed by the lack of lag with all the green dots and vehicles that were flying around.

Loot sucked though :)

vanguard's @ ashi (big spider robot beast things, like that machine in wild wild west) :silly2:

Harbinger iota's @ cape cornith (south)
oh kool!!! Any pics of this beast? Would like to see it!!!

Moon, Meteorites which are infact metalic mobs, transformer anyone? :lolup:

Vanguard's @ Ashi (big spider robot beast things, like that machine in Wild Wild West) :silly2:

Harbinger Iota's @ Cape Cornith (south)

Me at HELL atm, anyway, take care of the Akbar Clones Invasion ! (uber dangerous) ! ;)

So, there I was, on a leisurely drive around the beaches of Corinth, when suddenly, out of nowhere, 20 of those beasts spawned around me.

I had the pleasure of seeing them for a full 3 seconds. Then, the pod exploded, and so did I....

van·guard

noun \ˈvan-ˌgärd also ˈvaŋ-\

1: the troops moving at the head of an army

2: the forefront of an action or movement

In a hole somewhere in a field on Calypso, a man digs with a shovel. In the northeast corner of what appears to have been a tilled field, there are a series of 2 meter deep holes at irregular intervals, as though someone had been digging and looking for something.

The man put his foot on the blade of the shovel and pushes. The shovel stops as a metal-on-metal sound issues from the soil. Bending over, hands smooths away the dirt, revealing the top of an olive drab and yellow crate.

A tight grim smile crosses his face. Before returning to the crate Alpha Geek scans the sky, watching the contrails of alien craft and hearing the sonic booms as they cross the airspace of Calypso.

"Frakking toasters" he mutters as he pulls the crate out of the hole and begins dragging it to his cabin. "This time we'll cut your akbals off."

vanguard are l75 - l82, vanguard commander critted me for 209 so max damage is 167 - 139, possibly on the lower end of this.

Tip: Play in 3rd person mode, then you can see the Energy Grenades they launch before they explode in your face :)

Beware of the grenades they throw. You have about 2-3 sec to get away before it explodes.

I'm not home yet to test this, but I'm guessing the grenades do shrapnel damage?

I'm not home yet to test this, but I'm guessing the grenades do shrapnel damage?

No idea, but based on the looks (energy ball) I think they do a lot of electric dmg or so.

Thanks to the loser boy who brought a spider train in...
Rage Quit...

Level 82 Vanguard Commander

vanguard_commander.jpg

Vanguard comes from the people that protected the Vans in an army. The vans held provisions and often the wives/families of the fighting men. Therefore originally they followed the fighting troops, and were not in advanced positions.

Vanguard comes from the people that protected the Vans in an army. The vans held provisions and often the wives/families of the fighting men. Therefore originally they followed the fighting troops, and were not in advanced positions.

This has never been my understanding of the meaning of 'vanguard'.

Dictionary.com said:
noun
1. the foremost division or the front part of an army; advance guard; van. ...
Origin: 1480–90; earlier van ( d ) gard ( e ) < Middle French avangarde, variant of avant-garde; see avaunt, guard

Wikipedia said:
The vanguard is the leading part of an advancing military formation. It has a number of functions, including seeking out the enemy and securing ground in advance of the main force.

History

The vanguard derives from the traditional division of a medieval army into three battles or wards; the Van, the Main (or Middle), and Rear.[1] The term Vanguard originates with the medieval French avant-garde, i.e. the ward in front. The vanguard would lead the line of march and would deploy first on the field of battle, either in front of the other wards or to the right if they stood in line.

The makeup of the vanguard of a fifteenth century Burgundian army is typical. This consisted of a contingent of foreriders, from whom a forward detachment of scouts was drawn, the main body of the vanguard, in which there traveled civil officials and trumpeters to carry messages and summon the surrender of towns and castles, and a body of workmen under the direction of the Master of Artillery whose job it was to clear obstacles which would obstruct the baggage and artillery traveling with the main army. In an English force of the period, the foreriders of the vanguard would be accompanied by the harbingers, whose job was to locate lodgings for the army for the following night.

Note the role of the harbingers :)

Lmfao @ the guy who things Vanguards guard vans! Hilarious.

they north of cape corinth now

Can someone scan one and post the description as well? :)

The only good bot is a dead bot!!!!! I say run in full boar, guns blazing, and screaming FOR HADES!!!!! :yay:

While we wait, I would like to remind our viewers that Exodus Space Station is not a refugee camp. Any vessel entering our protected zone may be fired upon. Thank you.”

Exodus Space Station again. Any possible meaning, or just a name for the story?

Exodus Space Station again. Any possible meaning, or just a name for the story?

Exodus Space Station has always been the HQ of EBN... At least as long as I can remember

those vanguard is easy for shared loot mob and can solo them in Eon. Cool mob so far.

Back