Entropia Universe 17.0.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixed Issues:

• Fixed an issue where it was not possible to claim the Codex rewards
  • Fixed an issue where tiering was not displayed correctly on listed auctions
  • Improved client stability
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Still crashing when opening storage, updated support case send

Fixed Issues:

• Fixed an issue where tiering was not displayed correctly on listed auctions
  • Improved client stability
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here
Just a question, is the game crash fixed, if you open the BP section into the inventory?

And redu is tier 0 now and so is my cobalt and other stuff like weapon dam enh :laugh:

Is there any timeline on "The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes." ?
So far I have not seen an increase on my UL stuff in the 0.01 system.

Kudos on the very short downtime! =) Keep it up MA.

Is there any timeline on "The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes." ?

I saw increases on my armor, so the system is working.

What may happen though, is that these increases are slower than before.

It does work.
But with UL it goes extremely much slower than with L.

With L stuff you now get a +0,01 ping nearly each shot you fire.
With UL it hardly moves, but it does move a llittle.

I think the tier increase rate is working as imtented after this patch i see ticks every few minutes on a ul blade with 71 tir value

My client still crashing when opening inventory blueprints tab

Just a question, is the game crash fixed, if you open the BP section into the inventory?

Not crashing when doing so for me.

Still no fullscreen mode!
Performance decreases for everyone!!

Not crashing when doing so for me.

It still crash if i open this section. I heard, that one of the bp books is causing that error.

I don't know how it is after this patch, but indeed Tier increase rate seemed to be slower than before to me (L).

BTW, do you think it's necessary to display every 0.0x on chat ?
Whith (L) weapon it will SPAM chat..

Maybe display everything for UL and only 0.x for (L) would be nice ?

BTW, do you think it's necessary to display every 0.0x on chat ?

was it really necessary to change tiering at all? actually it was working before, and a very well-established system. lots of people spent lots of peds for it, in case anyone forgot.

if anything, they should have been less greedy, and make it cheaper from the very beginning, instead of changing the rules in the middle of the game again, and pissing off anyone who paid a multiple of the costs in the past, especially regarding those fuckin crazy FEN and mayhem guns. (anyone remembers 2 guns 1 tier maybe? :laugh:)

sometimes i think they don't even realize how many people they piss off at every big VU, and how bad their improvements are too friggin often.

this, their improved graphics, and quite some other things in my mind, sorry :girl:

instead of breaking things they could have also delivered anything that's still overdue, even tho people paid for it years ago already. but maybe my thinking is faulty, and space transport will work alot better under DX11 than DX9, and also be alot faster released than without new graphics, tiering, caly events/mobs. hey, let's rather shut down deposit methods. i can't stop wondering or find a way to understand this kind of business methods...

PS a last one, just to boggle your minds ... think about how often mindark broke massive parts of their (!!!) universe only since loot 2.0

It does work.
But with UL it goes extremely much slower than with L.

With L stuff you now get a +0,01 ping nearly each shot you fire.
With UL it hardly moves, but it does move a llittle.

limited is still very slow also for me

Fixed Issues:

Originally Posted Here

bla bla bla
I call BS.

The mission system is not working correctly.
I receive an error message saying:
An unexpected error have (sic!) occured in the processing of the following mission:
Unknown
Code 0
I receive his message 3 (!!!) times after each and every single kill...
Also, I receive red messages saying some player can`t be my disciple.
Also graphic quality is lower and / or more pc resources are needed for (almost) the same quality as before VU 17.0
... and more s**t which I`m not in the mood to write it down now.

I fail to understand how a graphic update would mess up so many unrelated systems.
I fail to understand how, AGAIN AND AGAIN, the devs are releasing updates and patches without proper checking / testing!
Why on earth is so f***ing difficult to test before release????
Anyone can come with a decent explanation for this???

showimage.php

Last edited:
This disciple message makes me wonder if whips will work to tame other avatars?

bla bla bla
I call BS.

The mission system is not working correctly.
I receive an error message saying:
An unexpected error have (sic!) occured in the processing of the following mission:
Unknown
Code 0
I receive his message 3 (!!!) times after each and every single kill...

Yes, I had that bug from the moment I logged in with VU 17.0.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?313140-Vu17-bugs-report (post #51)

I submitted a support case about it, the reply was:

Hi MegaVolt,

Thank you for your support case.

You should no longer be encountering this issue, just as a note this is not related to the Codex but the mission system.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

If my post above doesn't work for you, I suggest you raise a support case too. Good luck. :)

D3D Error

After VU17 I can not launch the game on my laptop, todays update made no change.
Launcher works as usual but when I hit Launch button I get the error msg.

D3D Error (Could not find any compatible Direct 3D device.)

Uninstalled completely, reinstalled, uninstalled entropia again reinstalled, updated drivers for graphic card, DirectX12 says all is ok.

Support just tells me to reinstall game again....

Still no fullscreen mode!
Performance decreases for everyone!!

I also don't understand the interest of not having a full screen mode anymore.. :confused:
Please make it back.

And I don't know if it's related but for sure whith a 1050TI my FPS were higher before VU in Medium setting, than what it is now in Low setting.. :(

I just hunted 1 hour in pvp3 (looks like it don't happens everywhere, so maybe the place is bugged), in Low setting.
Just running, motion was jerky (like a micro-stop every half-second)

Very unpleasant. :(

Update: Same on Monria and lot of other places.. Very jerky motion, low FPS in LOW setting whith 1050-TI.

After a check I noticed that while EU is running in its new "fake" fullscreen, my "desktop window manager" is now using 20% of my 3D GPU. :eyecrazy:

This was not the case in REAL full screen before VU. (was it ?)

So that's indeed a 20% performance losse ?
Anyway it looks like.

And again it was very smooth and fast in MEDIUM setting, it's now very slow and jerky in LOW setting.
(If I now run it in Medium again, my fans are turning max speed all time)

Last edited:
Also, I receive red messages saying some player can`t be my disciple.

I hope they remove that red text in middle of the screen. No matter what it show for info, it is just a bad place for this and a too big text.

Reactions: Izz
Back