Suggestion: One way teleport from Caly space station to CP/Foma

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
Its silly you have to take the pills through lootable area. So i came with this idea that they add an option from the Caly SS to teleport on Foma/CP. I'm mainly using Hyper/Accu/Neuro A and im sure more players have this problem.

you might as well just suggest they remove lootable pvp from space completely. Just as likely to happen lol

you might as well just suggest they remove lootable pvp from space completely. Just as likely to happen lol

if u dont have anything better to say just stop dont post useless stuff everywhere ty

Last edited:
Its silly you have to take the pills through lootable area. So i came with this idea that they add an option from the Caly SS to teleport on Foma/CP. I'm mainly using Hyper/Accu/Neuro A and im sure more players have this problem.

I've always thought this is valid. Honestly, when I was a noob (more of one than I still am) I was so confused I could TP To Caly from FOMA/CP/CSS....but not the other way around?

I think it would be reasonable to add the space TP option to Hangar TP's or something like that. Heck sometimes I'd pay the 7 ped just to save the time of flying up.

This is exactly the situation they have worked hard to create. It is silly, IMO.

It seems like they're stabbing themselves in the foot trying to micromanage an economy into some sort of convoluted model when the best thing they could probably do is open the doors and let the money flow. I'm not even an economist but when the MV model doesn't match the market model, it's a big problem IMO.

In a related issue I can tell you right now that Arkadia lost the interest of a new and, so far, dedicated grinder due to a silly $1 barrier they put up against revenue share with Calypso. They're not even smart enough to put up a teaser mission to get the player's attention or interest before they demand the PED.

Anyways MA wants you on edge, and they want your pills at risk, just like my oils and ores. OR whatever merch I may be carrying that does sometimes include pills. All offers to pay fees, suggestions about teleport systems with resource limits,many posts and statements by players that they would happily straight give MA money for this and they still insist on running us through a gauntlet of spawn camping thieves.

100% sympathy for your request here, and a ton of frustration that MA and their planet partners can't see this for what it is.

two thoughts
1. If those pills have been purchased rather than looted why not buy once you get there and leave spares there.
2. Why should Caly to FOMA/CP be different from rest of space, all that would do is let a very few FOMA miners or Aurli grinders have an advantage over the rest of EU. What about Ark to Ark moon, RT to Monria or Howling mines.
Space is PVP there are already solutions to moving lootables, just people want it all made easy and ideally free.

In real life you can get a bus to town, you can get a taxi, or you can drive. Do you moan and whine that you have to walk and may get mugged in a rough area. No you either use transport for security, or you take a circuitous route to avoid trouble, so why not here ?

If this game had no risks, it would be as boring as hell

two thoughts
1. If those pills have been purchased rather than looted why not buy once you get there and leave spares there.
2. Why should Caly to FOMA/CP be different from rest of space, all that would do is let a very few FOMA miners or Aurli grinders have an advantage over the rest of EU. What about Ark to Ark moon, RT to Monria or Howling mines.
Space is PVP there are already solutions to moving lootables, just people want it all made easy and ideally free.

In real life you can get a bus to town, you can get a taxi, or you can drive. Do you moan and whine that you have to walk and may get mugged in a rough area. No you either use transport for security, or you take a circuitous route to avoid trouble, so why not here ?

I can appreciate the statement and the wider points. I do think the main focus of the argument should be this though...

You can get to CP/FOMA without pills, loot TONS of stuff and bring it safely to caly via TP for 7 ped. Though you can't bring a few pills safely up for 7 ped.

Is it possible to get a warp or Mothership from Caly to CP?

I would pay for this service.

They are like, .8 AU apart. If you ask around caly station you might get a MS or privateer pilot to fly you over. It would take longer to set up a warp, I think, than to just fly it straight at sub-warp.

The proper way to do this is: when you're frustrated with some minor planet, you warp to CP and cycle the rest of your PED there, then tp down to Caly.

(done so a few times, so far ~900/5000 into stage IV of kreltin)

Make pills unlootable maybe?

It's surprising we don't have this already. Or extend the Caly SS safe zone around CP and Foma.
I don't think MS or Privateer owners would bother to transport huners to CP/Foma. It makes no sense that you can get loot from these to caly via TP but you have to have your luggage inspected by the nice folks from NVE.
Please make this a reality. It can come with a storyline, that Calypso Space forces managed to convince CP and Foma governments to accept their protection :D

Make pills unlootable maybe?

Also this one is a pretty good idea.

Best solution, treat pills and other consumables like amunition, speak not lootable.

Always worth asking the main service providers, some including KISS will do a Caly to FOMA slowboat in a privateer for a small fee, (if they have a ship free at CSS )

Best Idea so far.

The proposal sounds innocent for the people who have no idea about game mechanics.
Well, actually it's the direct opposite, anything but innocent.

The way planet blockade mechanic works is 1 (read: one) point of exit, unlimited routes of entry. The point has to be a point, not a sphere equal or bigger than visible distance, not and area, not multiple points of exit.
Remember, I'm not advocating for of against PvP space.
All I'm doing is to explain to you how basic game mechanics works. Once you have understood how it works you can make your own well informed decision based on that knowledge. As it stands right now, there's lot of people who are simply fooled into thinking this change will not effectively remove lootable PvP.

Funny thing is, if I'm not mistaken there's even one MS owner among those people cheering for the change. Imagine you wake up next morning only to find out you have been fooled into supporting a decision that effectively halves the value of your investment? Would be rough, I imagine.

So I'm not advocating for any solution either way. We're talking about game mechanics here. That's it.

Yes, the exit point has to be fixed and has to be a point.
Why? Because that's the only way anyone can effectively patrol it, create a choke point on the trade route.
Remember back when there was no paved roads how highway robbers were camping the mountain passes? A choke point tactic. If you can't find your target you're screwed.

And yes, it can be asymmetric, there's no need to create more than one choke point on each trade route. If exit is restricted there's no need to harass travelers twice and make entry restricted also.
At the first sight it seems illogical, but if you understand the whole system it turns out to be perfectly logical.

Remove the choke point, what remains? A free system, effectively a non-PvP space (as far as inter-planetary trade is concerned). Yes, an amateur could still run into ambush now and then but professional trader would manage for years, no problem.
How I know that? Because I've been entering Caly with loot for years. Hundreds of runs and not a single problem. Not even a sighting of another quad. Space is 3D and it's huge...

I do realize some people were for the proposed solution because they know how game mechanics works and they did understand full well what would be the consequences. They prolly realized there's people who don't understand what this proposal really means (including the OP, I suppose?). They prefer to not say anything as not to seem like supporters of piracy, or maybe they're just laughing at the simple-minded fools.

If you didn't know, you were one of them. How do you feel about that? :yup:

Now, I have to admit I personally don't like how the space is set up. I'm not against PvP as such but I would certainly prefer a different solution game mechanics-wise. The trouble is, I can't think of one. If you have a good idea how to remake the Space, be so kind and let us (and MA) know! So far, unfortunately, I have seen none...

The problem at hand is best solved by making all pills non-lootable. But the bigger problem with Space remains unsolved.

Now, I have to admit I personally don't like how the space is set up. I'm not against PvP as such but I would certainly prefer a different solution game mechanics-wise. The trouble is, I can't think of one. If you have a good idea how to remake the Space, be so kind and let us (and MA) know! So far, unfortunately, I have seen none...

The problem at hand is best solved by making all pills non-lootable. But the bigger problem with Space remains unsolved.

Would love your input here.

This sort of setup relaxes the choke point mechanic but also makes it two-way. It would then allow for massively increased activity in space as a zone, without completely removing MA's chosen dynamic for limiting trade.

It's a compromise solution, but they seem pretty attached to this space pirates thing. In this way they would have to prowl instead of camping. And confrontations would not always start with the pirate having a strong offensive advantage.

Anyways I like your posts, if that stirs up any thought please do share.

Interesting.

I've always liked JBK's ideas for Space:
Quickfixes for space pvp:
- Pvp switch in action library to operate any weapon on quads/privateers/motherships in pvp only mode (can only hit ships/players no mobs - ammo cost less then 10%)
- optional fuel tank on all ships for lootable 'nitro-fuel' allowing for increased subwarp speed (eg. 10ped nitro +10% speed, 20ped nitro +20%, 100ped nitro +100%, 200ped +120%, 400ped +140%, 1000ped +160%) -> voila every pirate who wants to catch a target suddendly need to carry 'loot' and every successfull pirate will carry even more loot -> motherships and privateers will end up carrying large amounts of nitro making them viable targets as well as enabling them to chase down other ships that usually could outrun them without nitro
- enable radar for space with much extended range (+ the more nitro you carry the sooner you show up on radar)

With the new Ark moon it looks like Space's in the flux once again. Looks like an [experimental] first stage for some bigger changes? ...or maybe it's just my wishful thinking.

BUMP

With FEN Event, this would really help boost traffic and DPS, especially to CP!

two thoughts

I'll go with Granny to this. Even if it is a atractive idea. But in the other hand, it will open the pandora box! Crystal Palace - Monria - Arkadia moon....and so on.
For me is better to have some excitement and risk! Making the space more interesting and fun.

I'll go with Granny to this. Even if it is a atractive idea. But in the other hand, it will open the pandora box! Crystal Palace - Monria - Arkadia moon....and so on.
For me is better to have some excitement and risk! Making the space more interesting and fun.
I can do without Space. (see my signature)

Back