EBN: The Egg Heist

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Jermaine Johansson:
“You’re watching Entropia Breaking News. I’m your host, Jermaine Johansson.
Today’s top story: The Egg has been stolen. We go immediately to Treasure Island Castle, where CJ Weave is reporting live from the scene of the crime. CJ?”

CJ Weave: “Thanks, Jermaine. I am here at Treasure Island Castle with Xenobiologist Charles Marvin’s assistant, Dr. Wilson, as the Xenobiologist himself is too distraught to be interviewed. Dr. Wilson, we’ve all seen the shocking footage from the surveillance cameras. What can you tell us? Do you know what has happened to the Egg?”

Dr Wilson: “All we know is that it’s alive, and still on Calypso.The tracking signal is scrambled by some kind of interference, so we can’t pinpoint its exact location.”

Jermaine: “I’m going to have to cut you off there, CJ, as the studio is receiving a call from CDF Eudoria HQ. Hello? To whom am I speaking?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “This is the voice of CDF Ground Forces Commander, Brigadier General Yevgeny de Souza.

The CDF has analyzed the scene of the heist, and the surveillance video. The patterns of the electromagnetic interference in the video, coupled with a single piece of armor found at Treasure Island Castle, has lead us to the conclusion that we are in fact dealing with humanoid robots.”

Jermaine: “RX units?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “…
Do you know of any other kind of humanoid robots?
Calypso’s top virtuologists and robotologists are working day and night to find a way to track down-”

Charles Marvin: “Wilson, tell them about the incubator!”

Dr Wilson: “Uh... Yes, professor... When the thieves took the Egg, they broke the incubator holding it. The Egg must be retrieved, but if we don’t repair the incubator or make a new one, the Egg will still die.”

Charles Marvin: “You have to help us, commander! This is your fault! Remember what the governor said!”

Jermaine Johansson: “Are you still with us, commander?”

Yevgeny de Souza: “… Let’s talk about this in private, professor.”

Charles Marvin: “You must allocate manpower to get us the incubator parts! The Egg must be of even greater importance than we could have imagined. You must not let it die, commander!”

Yevgeny de Souza: “We don’t HAVE the manpower. We are already wasting resources by looking for the damn Egg. Calypso is facing an invasion of unprecedented scale, and you want me to-
….
Yes, sir. Understood. Will do.
Right. As the CDF can not spare the manpower to secure the incubator parts, the governor calls on all able-bodied colonists to help find them. Any colonists who hands in an incubator part will be rewarded by the CDF. The location at which the incubator parts can be handed in will be disclosed in the coming days.

Among the rewards will be... various armor parts that were reverse engineered by the CDF from the single piece of RX armor left behind at Treasure Island. The complete list of rewards will follow after this broadcast.”

CJ Weave: “Professor, how does one find an incubator part?”

Charles Marvin: “Incubator parts can be found when hunting, mining, or crafting. So manufacture one, dig one out of the ground, or kill someone or something and take theirs! It doesn’t matter, just get us the incubator parts!”

Yevgeny de Souza: “May I PLEASE finish now?
I have a war to win.

Experts are trying to figure out a way to find the RX, and the Egg. We don’t yet know why the RX broke the truce, nor why they are collaborating with the robots. Colonists are urged to remain vigilant, as the RX could be hiding among us. Any suspicious behavior should be reported to the CDF.
End transmission.”

Jermaine: “Well, there you have it, folks. Interesting stuff. Wouldn’t mind getting my hands on some of that RX armor myself. You’re probably going to attract a lot of accidental blue on blue in it though... !But you probably wouldn’t even notice it if you’re wearing that armor. Wow! Happy hunting!”

Rewards For Incubator Parts
Crafting
Corrupt Fuel Pump Blueprint - 1000 PED !Metal Residue

Mining
Damaged Splicing Detector - Modified Genesis Star Excavator!
Damaged Feedback Panel - Adjusted Genesis Star Excavator
Damaged Fuel Pump - Adjusted Chikara Refiner

Hunting
Worn Feedback Panel - RX OpTac x1 Foot Guards (M) or (F)
Worn Splicing Detector - RX OpTac x1 Helmet (M) or (F)
Worn Fuel Pump - RX OpTac x1 Shin Guards (M) or (F)
Mint Feedback Panel - RX OpTac x1 Thigh Guards (M) or (F)
Mint Splicing Detector - RX OpTac x1 Harness (M) or (F)
Mint Fuel Pump - RX OpTac x1 Arm Guards (M) or (F)

RX OpTac x1 Armor combat simulation test results
Stats:
Durability - 4400
Penetration - 44
Impact - 47
Burn - 47
Cut - 11
Shrapnel - 21
Electric - 12

The CDF representative (to whom you hand in an incubator part to receive a reward) and his location will be disclosed at a later date. Those handing in Corrupt Fuel Pump Blueprints must contact support to receive their reward.

Originally Posted Here

Sexy rewards!! WAHHOOOYA

nice to release a new PvP Armor that is only missing gloves as reward..... well ok..

Hunting
Worn Feedback Panel - RX OpTac x1 Foot Guards (M) or (F)
Worn Splicing Detector - RX OpTac x1 Helmet (M) or (F)
Worn Fuel Pump - RX OpTac x1 Shin Guards (M) or (F)
Mint Feedback Panel - RX OpTac x1 Thigh Guards (M) or (F)
Mint Splicing Detector - RX OpTac x1 Harness (M) or (F)
Mint Fuel Pump - RX OpTac x1 Arm Guards (M) or (F)

RX OpTac x1 Armor combat simulation test results
Stats:
Durability - 4400
Penetration - 44
Impact - 47
Burn - 47
Cut - 11
Shrapnel - 21
Electric - 12

6 part armor? where are gloves?

Gloves will be awarded to the one who will find the egg :)

Last edited:
A well written story, coherent tasks, clear rewards...am I missing something or is MA finally shaping up into a real game development company here:)

Where do we need to mine for the prizes? Just TI or anywhere else?

A well written story, coherent tasks, clear rewards...am I missing something or is MA finally shaping up into a real game development company here:)

It is the temps that were called in to help while MA is hit by the flu. Don't worry once everyone is back from sick leave, it will all be back to normal. :monkey:

On a serious note. Very nice story and event setup.

Maybe I'll actually participate in an event now.. lol

assumption these parts are only dropping from bots?

How many of each? Hopefully not just 1, unless I'm one of the lucky ones then I'll be happy! :smoke:

Im loving what mindark is doing with this, and hope they continue to amaze..
With story telling like this more players will come!!

Charles Marvin: “Incubator parts can be found when hunting, mining, or crafting. So manufacture one, dig one out of the ground, or kill someone or something and take theirs! It doesn’t matter, just get us the incubator parts!”

Just bots would s***.... Hopefully the above quote means all Calypso mobs.

The kill someone part got me thinking, no human mobs on Calypso except wastelanders afaik.

Last edited:
WOOT, mining rewards, smexy
:inbed::monkey::holyshit:

So far so good! Good work MA

Where do we need to mine for the prizes? Just TI or anywhere else?

I'd like to know this too. Yesterday evening I saw a few messages pop up about people finding stuff, I wonder where they would have been (here's hoping they'll comment in this thread)?

I don't expect to come across a piece anyway - these things just don't happen for most of us. Maybe best sticking with the bots anyway and finishing off those missions at the same time, dropping a bomb or two here and there. Who knows :)

Originally Posted Here

Don't think its limited to certain mobs or area's, everythings goes :)

So we just mine hunt craft and get lucky ?

Is that the general idea ?

I would like to know that too.

I think it's mining. If i weren't drunk yesterday i would have stated that i saw a discovery+ rare item alongside a CLD mining from one guy.

I think it's mining. If i weren't drunk yesterday i would have stated that i saw a discovery+ rare item alongside a CLD mining from one guy.
It's from all three main professions (Crafting/Mining/Hunting) and that's clear from Client Loader. Peoples above you asking about Hunting ones :)

It's from all three main professions (Crafting/Mining/Hunting) and that's clear from Client Loader. Peoples above you asking about Hunting ones :)

sorry, my bad

Is there more than one of each, or is so that when all has been discovered it means event is over?

(As I can see it, all armor parts has gone and in mining mod excavator remains; no idea about crafting)

Edit:
I see now there are two entries for "worn feedback panal" on rare list.
And two "Corrupt Fuel Pump Blueprint" has been found.

Last edited:
Is there more than one of each, or is so that when all has been discovered it means event is over?

(As I can see it, all armor parts has gone and in mining mod excavator remains; no idea about crafting)

There can be multiples because I see in Rare items list worn feedback panel has been looted by at least 2 different people

Back