Help: Option to remove mob corpses immediately

:wise: Make it last 5-10 seconds and make it possible to target a mob through a looted carcass then problem is solved.

There might be some unintended consequences of this 'feature'.

My better half now refuses to hunt Atrax as she feels pity for the poor beast lying there in fetal position... :scratch:

You got a point as we don't have a clue to purpose yet.
But instead of implementing it now; they should have waited to implement it completely; when it has a purpose

I think, this time they wanted to play safe. They provided the planet partners' content update this week and next week they patch the things which they mentioned in Developer Notes #7. I hope they have came up with new twists to the 3 main professions as Mindark promised in the beginning of this year that they are going to revamp the main professions and yet they haven't provided anything worth to mention. Fingers crossed, let's hope it's not just eyecandy, but I make my mind on the 17th, whether I tackle all the doubters or join in the mob with a pitchfork.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Loot box is an option, why not this?

Some really remarkable comments were made here !

- The corpses on the ground would find bigger acceptance if they weren't blocking the aim and shooting path. I find this mostly annyoing and it disturb my team hunt expirience because i have to navigate trough a pile of corpses to land a hit on the living ones , probably missing the one that triggers a hall of fame entry.

But something else made me really think hard about why the "old PE feeling" is gone.

I just realized i loved the all day setting of PE and i dislike the night cycle in EU because its hard to see some mobs. The bright light and the awesome different skys in PE gave me a good feeling and i miss them. (Along with some songs that got removed for reasons beyond my knowledge)

Checkboxes for Vegetation and collision add more frustration than joy. I dont care about realism, i shoot with lasers on dinosauriers , i really dont care. I just hunted feffox and they got so often stuck in the vegetation, manny trapping is thanks to the vegetation. It was way better as we could move trough all trees and brushes. I also miss that freedom. Freedom > Realism

The TE is so right with the things above, he took his words right out of my heart.
I dont want the old engine back but some "improvments" are unwanted and unloved.

I Hunted and i see no issue with the mob corpses....

first of all they become 'clear' when looted and don't exist or effect anything....... thirdly you will see the looting 'bubbles' from the mobs you need to get........ so not sure what the issue is..... cause i had none

I used to be able to run everything on very high and after this latest vu I can barely run on high.

The lag and over all stability has gone to shit lately!

XZC

PS: And I hate the corpses laying around! Once they are looted, clear them away says I!

/mod note/ moved to Suggestions section.

Please note 711's Guidelines for the Dev's Corner thread concerning posting of suggestions for new features or changes to existing features/game systems.

I 100% agree with OP!
Sign me up pls.

I Hunted and i see no issue with the mob corpses....

first of all they become 'clear' when looted and don't exist or effect anything....... thirdly you will see the looting 'bubbles' from the mobs you need to get........ so not sure what the issue is..... cause i had none

if the mob is bigger than ur ava u can't shoot through it. loot lag is always happening im spending 15-30secs trying to loot a dead mob in front of me what a waste!!!

actually you can shoot through it.......
but nice try :)

i am telling you it's like thin air it really doesn't effect you unless you try to take a deep breathe.

Two things. First, this just became my new signature...

I dont care about realism, i shoot with lasers on dinosauriers , i really dont care. .

Second, this is more worthless shit from inexperienced game designers at MA who are playing with newly discovered toys in the design software. If this ridiculous shit has a purpose, then MA should declare what that purpose is. Otherwise, remove the worthless lag.

You morons in the design team, listen: We are tired of you constantly adding things that cause our gaming experience to slow down due to lag, complications, additional actions required, etc. I know you like shiny things. We don't care. Do you realize you were more profitable with the old Gamebryo engine than you are now? The more shit you add, the less people play. Try making what we already have work for the players so we can hunt and mine and craft and do whatever else without having to jump through your shiny little hoops. And be damned sure you don't add one SINGLE system to EU until you restore taming. We don't care. We don't want the rest of it. Give us this thing that we have been asking for now for over FOUR YEARS!!! How does this take four years to implement? How do you add cars, helicopters, space, motherships, all kinds of new mindforce, collision damage, four planets and a moon, redesign the entire mining and crafting system, take three cracks at the loot distribution system, and say to yourself "taming can wait"?

I understand that you are terrible business people. Let me give you some business advice that usually works: LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!

actually you can shoot through it.......
but nice try :)

i am telling you it's like thin air it really doesn't effect you unless you try to take a deep breathe.

ACTUALLY when using auto shoot and move to target, dead mobs left lying BLOCK YOUR WAY

Second, this is more worthless shit from inexperienced game designers at MA who are playing with newly discovered toys in the design software. If this ridiculous shit has a purpose, then MA should declare what that purpose is. Otherwise, remove the worthless lag.

You morons in the design team, listen: We are tired of you constantly adding things that cause our gaming experience to slow down due to lag, complications, additional actions required, etc. I know you like shiny things. We don't care. Do you realize you were more profitable with the old Gamebryo engine than you are now? The more shit you add, the less people play. Try making what we already have work for the players so we can hunt and mine and craft and do whatever else without having to jump through your shiny little hoops. And be damned sure you don't add one SINGLE system to EU until you restore taming. We don't care. We don't want the rest of it. Give us this thing that we have been asking for now for over FOUR YEARS!!! How does this take four years to implement? How do you add cars, helicopters, space, motherships, all kinds of new mindforce, collision damage, four planets and a moon, redesign the entire mining and crafting system, take three cracks at the loot distribution system, and say to yourself "taming can wait"?

I understand that you are terrible business people. Let me give you some business advice that usually works: LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!

haha :lolup: it would be awesome if they had a helpline number you could call.. that would be great :laugh:

Looks like that we are just guests here. We dont play/pay. Ma is playing, so they do what they want. They dont care what we want.

Mob that dosnt disapier after looting one of things that MA, not players love. Another is "no radar" in contiminated zones - most of people who play there dont like it, but MA love.

Shame we can not change things, we can adapt or leave...

Dear devs.

This "mob corpses not disappearing after looted" is another new feature which I am sure no serious hunter asked for & appreciates. It is yet another addition to the list of things which just makes it more difficult to hunt eventually decreasing your revenue from the grinders.
  • Day and night cycle that makes places too dark to see mobs
  • Mobs pushing us around or covering us with their long noses, making life difficult for healers
  • Terrain detail that makes the game lag, grass that hides mobs
  • Mobs getting spawned inside objects which have no functional value
  • special effects that decrease the performance
  • armor defects due to improving their looks
Would you please stop these "improvements" and rather try to make the base activities less frustrating?
At least add option to disable them.
Thank you.

Your list is really short...

i totally agree,

hardcore grinders dont need day/night.( i too got good mood from the always sunshiny old calypso)..grass....mobs laying around..or other graphical enhancements

i bet most like me could care less also about storyline,it only costs me time to read so i dont miss out on some hints regarding hunting

in fact,for deviaters,its probably this simple what highvolume hunters want..

if an new implementation interferes with the hunter and the shortest/fastest way to next mob...thne dont implement it ;)

Yes, there probably is a subset of players that would be happy if everything in game was just an unshaded box - too bad the rest of us are not very interested in that, huh?

Generally, I'd like an option to turn off pure eyecandy, like the new sliding menus and fade in/fade out on menu options.

Also I would appreciate to turn off effects like moving trees/"wind" (there was one in vu9), smoke effects, grass in places like Eos.

As for the corpses, I suggested a simular thing, but it was mainly until the corpse had been looted. Maybe we'll get an answer to MAs thought on this in the VU tomorrow.

Also I'd like an option to turn off the random CTDs :laugh:

Yes, there probably is a subset of players that would be happy if everything in game was just an unshaded box - too bad the rest of us are not very interested in that, huh?

i know,thats why i said hardcore grinders :)

ACTUALLY when using auto shoot and move to target, dead mobs left lying BLOCK YOUR WAY

I wouldn't be suprised if some use a software that use ingame features to hunt without
the need to play, just let the software controll avatar and do the work...

I thought I came here to play a video game with cool looking creatures, interesting scenery and atmosphere. :scratch2: So far for me the mob "time to live" hasn't effected my game play or increased lag for me, nor has the upgraded scenery.

Fixed that for you.[/QUOTE

actually,to be honest,i think the bills get payed by losing midlevel depositors,
while most hardcore grinders probably dont have to depo anymore
so i cant take any credit in that department :p

I waiting to see the see the awesome new system MA were going to do, but it turns out they just put a puff of smoke in when u loot them and the damn bodies just hang around getting in the way.

So i'll add my voice to the OP, please at least give us an option to get rid of these bodies.

I waiting to see the see the awesome new system MA were going to do, but it turns out they just put a puff of smoke in when u loot them and the damn bodies just hang around getting in the way.

So i'll add my voice to the OP, please at least give us an option to get rid of these bodies.

Yeah this is just retarded. Get it back to how it was. But I guess this is a bit like space. They won't admit that it is failed and it will stay like this..

These new and improved corpses are quite botched for flying creatures. They tend to get stuck in mid-air and perform interesting (as in 'interesting times') visual effects: Hiryuu has convulsions as if about to puke (not sure pterodactyls can do that :D), while Igni starts rotating.

This obviously happens clientside: we were out hunting in a team, and most times only one of us saw the above FX, while on the other screen the corpse was RIP on the ground.

I would like to be able to put the corpses into a large pile to impress any avatar which passes by, also I like to kill additional mobs on top of the pile(this would be fun with bots, give that terminator feel)... We could have contests to see who can make the biggest pile...

Was pretty annoying when first introduced.
After they removed radar-dots of looted mobs, and changed the looted mobs appearance, it works just fine imo.

They could have spent their time on more important things in the first place, but I fail to see why people get so upset about this tiny detail, which really isn't a problem anymore. :dunno:

Back