Anxiety and COVID-19

thewebbie

Dominant
Society
Shaolin
Soumal Thewebbie Darksky
For those that already have anxiety issues how are you holding up? My anxiety has been off the charts and all my usual techniques to calm myself are not working as well.

It doesn't help that I can not deposit and play more. This game has always been a great source of escape for me.

Hi, I used to be like you a bit I think.
What I do is the following:
1 - learn to play without depositing (quite satisfactory)
2 - work on rl projects (like converting a car, building stuff). (very satisfactory)
3 - watch less bloated media channels with panic news
4 - change diet to less stress-causing foods (scale down on meat, sugar, preservatives, basically anything that is processed food)
5 - last but not least, avoid situations, and especially people that cause you stress.

When animals are under stress of being attacked for instance, they enter fight/flight mode. This means that all of their energy goes towards muscle tissue and reactive responses. Non-survival mechanisms, such as digestion, cell repair, compassion,... are temporarily deactivated.

People tend to use sugar, alcohol, etc, to escape these stress-feelings. Please keep in mind that when you take mood-elevating substances, one basically 'lends' energy from his own future. It will always give a negative effect later on.

goodluck, it's not easy but doable.

Yo Darksky. We are all in the same situation since the future is so uncertain. What works for me is focusing on more and harder on a things that matter the most. Do workouts like never before, connect and reconnect with friends and family, read some stuff, find new hobbies, meditate, breathing techniques if things are hard, find some new skill to learn, maybe a new podcast (try The Drive with dr. Peter Attia or see Joe Rogan's series).
Finding positive aspects and opportunities is the way forward.

Good luck and stay safe :)

Same here, sort off. My car in the garage for repairs. The damn thing died on me just before the lockdown. Speaking of perfect timing lol. I am however waiting on some money, removed from the game in Feb. The first should be in over a week or so. Need that to pay for car repairs. Im just taking a break from this game. Many other games to play too. I may however, depo some next month to play some more. Or maybe not lol. I enjoy the game a lot more, when I come back after taking a decent break from it. Hasnt been good to me lootwise anyway. So not losing any sleep about EU at all. When Lootius screws me, I dont depo. That simple actually.

Ahh man that's not good. I know a few people away from the game who are in the same boat :(

This is an absolute shitstorm for sure, but hang in there. Even if you cannot play the game like you used to, there's always ingame chat. Lots of good people there always ready to have a natter :)

For those that already have anxiety issues how are you holding up? My anxiety has been off the charts and all my usual techniques to calm myself are not working as well.

It doesn't help that I can not deposit and play more. This game has always been a great source of escape for me.

Just remember that crowds are bad but just being outside isn't. So try to walk for an hour outside if you can. Maybe walk or adopt a dog. Donate your time to a local animal shelter.

Be outside during this time. It will help.

Above all, remember that your life has worth and value. This virus shall pass and when it does you'll (and all of us) will be stronger for making it through.

If you follow instructions and listen to the people in the medical field you will be fine. Go out alone for a quick walk when you feel the stress building up, just keep your distance from other people and wash youself when you come back.

Keep yourself busy, don't be afraid to talk about it, and try not to follow the craze (all that toilet paper thing is beyond stupidity). Look it's not the end of the world, most countries are just trying to slow it down so that healthcare systems don't collapse. Stores will keep being re-stocked, hospitals will keep working if we are disciplined, we'll get through this.

I think one of the best ways to calm youself down is to just talk about it, you will see how everyone is probably having similar experiences.

Get ingame even if it's just to chat, that's free :)

PS:
I'm from Spain, it's hitting us pretty hard here. If you feel you really need help, please talk to a professional there's no shame in that. Some stranger over the internet is not the best form of counseling I'm afraid.

Last edited:
You are awesome Evey!

Yo Darksky. We are all in the same situation since the future is so uncertain. What works for me is focusing on more and harder on a things that matter the most. Do workouts like never before, connect and reconnect with friends and family, read some stuff, find new hobbies, meditate, breathing techniques if things are hard, find some new skill to learn, maybe a new podcast (try The Drive with dr. Peter Attia or see Joe Rogan's series).
Finding positive aspects and opportunities is the way forward.

Good luck and stay safe :)

Some good advice here. Basically when you're anxious you need to distract yourself with something that's not gonna be even more harmful. EU is one of those things, and I wish that MA would make things a little bit more sustainable for the playerbase so we can weather this storm together.

I'd say first thing to do is to put your TV where it belongs... In the trash bin.

Then you rely on your direct and close environment to assess the/your situation, and you will realize that everything is not that bad.

This is true any time, not only during a "crisis"... :)

Hey dear socmate,

It's been said by wiser people than me in this thread, but this is a really unprecedented global situation - we really all are in this together. There's the mental and emotional transition we are all going through to get used to how things are now. Give yourself some time and go easy on yourself mate.

What has been working for me (mostly).
1. Get plenty of sleep.
2. Meditation or breathing exercises. Can't say how much this helps. We cant change what is happening but we can certainly change how we feel about it.
3. Get some fresh air if you can, or try some indoor exercises (squats, press-ups etc)
4. Eat as clean as you can.
5. Get back into that hobby you've been neglecting. I have sore fingers from guitar practice!
6. Reading - real books are a joy to read.
7. Limit the amount of News/Media etc you watch.
8. EU. Just come in and say hi to the crew :)

Take it easy mate - we'll all get through this together.

Jar

I'd say first thing to do is to put your TV where it belongs... In the trash bin.

Then you rely on your direct and close environment to assess the/your situation, and you will realize that everything is not that bad.

This is true any time, not only during a "crisis"... :)

That's a pretty bad thing to do. Reality will hit your made up bubble much harder.
Staying informed during these times is more important than ever. But carefully choose your source (the official source, governments, medical officials etc).
Living in a parallel universe is even dangerous. Such people still go out in the parks and socializing then they end up infecting their parents and grandparents just because their TVs were in the trash at the right time and their close environment neighbors were like them, anti vaxxers and things didn't seem so bad to them.

Get a good dose of reality every day and use your critical thinking instead of hiding under a blanket, you will filter ut the bullshit easy but you will know what to do, when to act and d the right thing for you and your loved ones.

Things are bad but that tells us once again how important life is, how frail we are and that we should better take care of each other.
There are things we can't change so we must not focus on them, but we should focus harder on what we can do for ourselves and others right now to make things better!
Stay safe & stay informed

Living in a parallel universe is even dangerous.

I knew that comment would come up.. :)

I didn't talk at all about living in a parallel world.

If you think TV is the real world, good for you.
But when I want to see the real world, I don't look through a screen, but through my window... :wise:

use your critical thinking instead of hiding under a blanket, you will filter ut the bullshit easy

Sure, most people have critical thinking, and know how to sort out bullshit from truth, it's well known... :rolleyes:

Things are bad but that tells us once again how important life is, how frail we are and that we should better take care of each other.
There are things we can't change so we must not focus on them, but we should focus harder on what we can do for ourselves and others right now to make things better!

That's true, but it's very sad that people need such a crisis to realize it...

At least it could be a positive thing to give to this crisis.

But sadly this feeling will soon be forgotten, the very first day after the last day of the crisis, the world will go back to the good old usual "every man for himself"... :yup:

Thankfully, dispensaries are still open here, so anxiety is not a problem for me. :smoke:

If they do end up closing and I run out, get ready for some crazy shitposting.

1) Connect with your family and friends in real life and make sure you have emotional support you need to get through this challenging time

2) Practice self-care. Take care of yourself and check in with yourself.

3) Psycho-therapy is really helpful if you just need a little extra help with coping.

4) Know that if you are self-isolating, it may seem like you are not helping,but you are helping prevent the spread of the virus.

5) Not sure how much opportunity there is to do this, but maybe there's a way to volunteer for some cause while you are staying at home.

Just know you are not alone in these feelings, and that you can reach out to a lot of us if you need someone to talk to. Thank you for posting about your feelings on this forum.

Governments across the globe have had to walk a fine line between making their population understand this is serious whilst not causing panic.

They have all pretty much done this, the measures they have had to take have been to protect their health services from being swamped and to protect the vulnerable (age & health conditions)

It is important to be informed about this virus without overloading yourself (especially from lets say 'less than reliable' sources)

Messages above that suggest distracting yourself with hobbies, music, films I can heartedly recommend. Comedies should help a lot - laughing is excellent medicine.

One final thing that should reassure, the vast majority of us will make a full and rapid recovery from this virus. I did. Be well out there and keep washing those hands. :yup:

The media, being the lapdogs of the Globalists, are feeding this pandemic into such an astounding degree of hype I'm astounded that we all aren't hiding in our duct-taped-closed closets!

Communication is the greatest therapy there is. Get into comm with people on the forum, in chat rooms, on your phone, etc.

When you get really agitated, here is an exercise you can do that'll take your attention off your "you" and put it outside (anxiety is basically "you" getting sucked into yourself)

Go outside (or to a window):
1) Look at an object far away and REALLY look at it.
2) Look at an object close to you the same way.
3) Continue doing these until you are either bored or feel better.

What you are doing in a physical manner, is basically changing your viewpoint from "you" to the outside. Trust me - this works. I've used it (modified) to bring a patient out of a catatonic state.

Here's another "secret", especially fot those of you in the US: https://ustv247.tv/

Just don't watch the news.

Hell with the toilet paper (I have a bidet) - just stock up on wine!

Stay safe & stay informed

Hey dear socmate,

What has been working for me (mostly).
1. Get plenty of sleep.
2. Meditation or breathing exercises. Can't say how much this helps. We cant change what is happening but we can certainly change how we feel about it.
3. Get some fresh air if you can, or try some indoor exercises (squats, press-ups etc)
4. Eat as clean as you can.
5. Get back into that hobby you've been neglecting. I have sore fingers from guitar practice!
6. Reading - real books are a joy to read.
7. Limit the amount of News/Media etc you watch.
8. EU. Just come in and say hi to the crew :)

Take it easy mate - we'll all get through this together.

Jar

Great advice!

I have been doing most of these and really enjoying things I have forgotten about.

I have been doing a lot of yard work and organizing inside my home, that I have been putting off, that seems to help. The warmer days are making it more pleasurable to get outside.

Spending time with family and enjoying activities together is nice when everyone is home and not running in 100 directions normally.

Back