Merry Mayhem Annihilation Bug

Jhereg

Elite
Society
Rangers
Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
Because these never seem to get the attention they deserve, I'm making this public in order to try to get MA to provide an expedited response.

Upon entering the Mayhem Annihilation Instance and beginning my hunt, I noticed my timer for the run was not ticking down.

However, I was still gaining points for the mayhem mob towards my point total.

I finished my 1 hour hunt as I was on buffs, and my timer remained the same upon exiting as before I entered the instance. Point total became paused.

In addition, the instance title showed the instance as being a Practice instance and not competition instance, and another player was able to enter.

Re-entering either practice and actual mayhem instances, I was unable to reproduce this effect.

Please see screen shots for the bug/glitch.

I started with 11829 pts, and ended with 12686.

This is extremely abusable if encountered by any competitors, as it essentially gives a baseline of an additional 4-5k points, plus any additional bonus points garnered, making the player easily get into top placement if they hunt the entire 5 hours of the instance.

I also do not think this bug is new, I believe it has never been fixed or has been resurrected each new Mayhem event.

RtPLTS5.jpg

bfao3E4.jpg

u1K84MK.jpg

I hope this get some attention that it deserves.

When you reentered did you start it again to see if the timer was actually keeping time and it was just a display bug?

This alone should be enough to invalidate the event, who's going to trust the current points of anyone?

Seriously MA...

When you reentered did you start it again to see if the timer was actually keeping time and it was just a display bug?

Yeah I just checked. It is not a display bug. Timer went down as normal when i hit the statue, and now sits at 7 hours 12 min and 18 seconds.

So it is not a display bug.

I think it must have something to do with glitching into the practice instance versus the actual competition instance, when you try to go into the regular mayhem instance.

Because these never seem to get the attention they deserve, I'm making this public in order to try to get MA to provide an expedited response.
I hope this get some attention that it deserves.

Thanks for bringing it out in the open. +Rep as deserved.

aw shieeet thnx for spoiling my tactic zHO :mad:

If MA is smart enough, time spent in instance should be logged and easily trackable if someone spent more time than 15h in the instance. It was the case previously that players had to track their own time, hope they didn't remove time tracking from their side...

If MA is smart enough, time spent in instance should be logged and easily trackable if someone spent more time than 15h in the instance. It was the case previously that players had to track their own time, hope they didn't remove time tracking from their side...

Kind of difficult since:

1) Scores don't post until timer goes all the way down and
2) You might not even notice this being an issue while you are hunting...

Kind of difficult since:

1) Scores don't post until timer goes all the way down and
2) You might not even notice this being an issue while you are hunting...

Come on !

Who does a timed competition without keeping an eye all the time on the timer ?

Good man for posting this...I do believe we've seen the same issue reported mayhem after mayhem.

Followed usually by a quick update, where most people assumed it was fixed, and people still getting insane amounts of points in cats within their 1st run the next season.

I would almost guarantee at least one player is aware of what triggers this and abuses it, they have had years to perfect it.

The problem with MA keeping track on the time inside the instance, is that obviously...they do not know how to properly code such a notion.

Come on !

Who does a timed competition without keeping an eye all the time on the timer ?

me lol, i have that window minimised often and just run of the instance timer.

and now MA gave the prizes from mayhem without investigate if someone cheated..

proves one more time how stupid this company is..

Or perhaps they did investigate and no one that placed cheated.....?

Your still here, giving them money.

Who's stupid?

The very idea that exploits do exist and can be abused is enough to discourage many to even participate. I wonder if MA even realizes just how much they and the community lose just because of this. It seems to me like this is low on their priority list atm.

If Mayhem is an unfair event, then many will not participate in it because they don't trust it.

MA is very good at keeping your PEDs safe from hacking, but not so good at creating an even and fair Mayhem event for all...

What happened last year when they gave away 100 clicks instead of 3 clicks as they were supposed to do, takes it a step further and gives the impression that they themselves want to create unfair advantages and promote abuse by players...

Quite disconcerting for the average player who is looking for fairness and a level playing field... When they look to Entropia events, they do not find it fair at all.

That perception needs to change if they wish for increased participation and better player retention, and that change starts with MA.

Or perhaps they did investigate and no one that placed cheated.....?

last time they did that, they announces the results, i guess now they didn't even bothered to investigate..

their answer in my support case was this copy-paste message:

"Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience."

so, do you really believe they bothered to investigate it and from all 100 winners (10 in each category) not did the exploit?

The very idea that exploits do exist and can be abused is enough to discourage many to even participate. I wonder if MA even realizes just how much they and the community lose just because of this. It seems to me like this is low on their priority list atm.

If Mayhem is an unfair event, then many will not participate in it because they don't trust it.

MA is very good at keeping your PEDs safe from hacking, but not so good at creating an even and fair Mayhem event for all...

What happened last year when they gave away 100 clicks instead of 3 clicks as they were supposed to do, takes it a step further and gives the impression that they themselves want to create unfair advantages and promote abuse by players...

Quite disconcerting for the average player who is looking for fairness and a level playing field... When they look to Entropia events, they do not find it fair at all.

That perception needs to change if they wish for increased participation and better player retention, and that change starts with MA.

+1 from me!
I did not participate in annihilation precisely because this bug still exists and precisely because I assumed that the fraudsters would not be punished again (as in previous mayhems). Nothing new under the sun ...

This was my last mayhem. Not bothering to chip out 100s of peds in skills to stay in cat.4 - a lot of time wasted just there- just to get f**ked by MA due to bugs. I have spent 4000 ped on mayhems this year alone. Seems like MA do not care about such "small" donations anymore. There goes the next 4k hof to you, fellow players..

Well, it would be nice to have an official statement from MA in this thread, wouldn't it?

another bug

Hello

I just logged into EU and got a system message saying i had finished annihilation 06 in 45 place,
LOL I was not in 06 i was in 07 :(

Hello

I just logged into EU and got a system message saying i had finished annihilation 06 in 45 place,
LOL I was not in 06 i was in 07 :(

These results are from the summer event. I don't know if it's a bug, but it's a little funny to get them now

These results are from the summer event. I don't know if it's a bug, but it's a little funny to get them now

there is no bugs! it's proper swedish coding and stuffs, in a longterm tradition of excellence. this and new graphics soon (C) MA ... and so much more to come ;)

spoon.jpeg

let's say i was drunk today...

GG. Well played Mindark.

Back