Vehicle driving decay nerf.

Aandar

Prowler
Dear MA :)

How many years of running a MMORPG with a real cash economy will it take for you to understand the simple fact that forcefully breaking (nerfing) items your customers bought for their hard earned money (even if got for free as a gift) will only result in a MAJOR LOSS OF TRUST your customers put in the product (Entropia Universe) you are offering to them ?

Bad idea: Selling great looking fresh apples for 2 USD / kilogram, having a security guard catch the customer when he is on his way out of the store and take the apples from him, giving him the exact same amount of rotten, filled with worms apples.

Get it ???

That customer will never come to the store again.

---

The proper way if you really need to fix the vehicle crafting market which you broke by allowing planet owners to flood the market with free vehicles:

Leave all the already owned/purchased/traded units intact.
Stop giving them out for free to every new avatar (completely not caring about 100s of avatars made just for freebie vehicles).
Make new decaying versions.
Start giving out these new decaying versions.

New Features
[*]Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.
I think all my vehicles are crafted, so it doesn't really affect me directly regardless if the decay is only applied to SI or also to TT.
But it affects me indirectly - i just can't look at how they run their business, at all the little and not so little ****ups.

I am just hoping it is the free vehicles that decay fast. It will encourage players to buy crafted ones. I hope.

These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.

Which will mean that more L vehicles will decay also :( So will come to the end pretty textured and painted vehicles. noone wants to pay crap loads on texturing and painting costs on something that decays to shit in short while then have to pay all over again to redo it on the next vehicle. Truly a crappy move on MA's side, I understand the freebie and gift stuff but not the customizable L stuff.

Even quadwing decay for flying is stupid really, 40+ friggen minutes between planets in space taking decay, give me a break, at least on planet there are so many tp's you just need to fly short ways and can tp to reduce decay but in space your screwed, it is 40+ minutes of continual decay on top of fuel cost and planet entry and thruster use :( why doesn't MA just start charging for minutes logged in geesh.....

I actually think this is a good think, because limited should be limited and so it's not so strange the items actually decays when we use them. But the decay should be very low from a ordinary use. I believe small amount of decay on all items when we use them is a good thing for the economy and a benefit for all of is in the long run.

its going to be funny when they add maxium tt decay to ul weapons one of these days :D

@Moderators: This thread is more about generally "nerfing is a stupid idea" than just about vehicles.
The nerf was only a new impulse to again say what i said here so many times.

I don't really mind, but are you sure it belongs in the vehicles subforum ???

Next step is repairable ones decay as well and need to be repaired once in a while perhaps TT value-wise.

Sweaters are going to love it - back to using tp chips :)

I am just hoping it is the free vehicles that decay fast. It will encourage players to buy crafted ones. I hope.

Hope all you want but this will probably have the reverse effect..

Hope all you want but this will probably have the reverse effect..

I put all my free vehicles in storage.. only my quad still in inventory for space travel.

I will walk the mile, I am used to it.. I did it for years...

It makes perfectly sense to make Vehicles decay when used, both L and UL, when you use a tp chip you consume ME AND generate decay on tp chip, why shouldnt vehicles work the same way?

A major part of items used must have a lifecycle for the economy model to work.

I see this as a good change, but people always thinks its us vs MA, its not they just provide a plattform with a set of rules that apply for all. From time to time changes must be made to ensure variation and a dynamic universe.

cheers

ermik

I agree that it's good for the economy, but feel like as if municipality would take down half of my house to build a school on its place - a something good for my city that at the same time destroys my property and confidence in my future in this city. My altruism doesn't extend that far :). Especially since there are plenty of less destructive methods.

It makes perfectly sense to make Vehicles decay when used, both L and UL, when you use a tp chip you consume ME AND generate decay on tp chip, why shouldnt vehicles work the same way?

I see this as a good change, but people always thinks its us vs MA, its not they just provide a plattform with a set of rules that apply for all. From time to time changes must be made to ensure variation and a dynamic universe.

cheers

ermik

+rep and i totally agree with you. Personally i consider this VU in the right direction for EU and MA.

Cheers,

Divinity

I just can't help but think I'm going to wake up one day and find that each Calypso Land Deed now has a 1/60000 chance of shredding every time it pays out.

I wish they would have just made flying vehicles able to be hit by mobs. The beginner (L) car on Calypso has low TT and is easily hit by mobs, why not make the (L) Broom able to be hit by mobs as well? This would ensure that eventually all (L) items would decay at some point.

From time to time changes must be made to ensure variation and a dynamic universe.

I wonder why we haven't seen any change hit items like imk2 (for eco), modmerc (for dmg/sec), maybe take away penetration from shadow and burn protection from angel...

Thing with the broom was that it is/was unique at the time (still is) and there was no way new ones could come into game. That, together with knowing how vehicles decayed, for flying vehicles generally from pvp, set the price. For me broom was a fun toy, and I paid overprice for it - but thinking it would last a long time.

It's a different with things like ME chips - the old ones: They are repairable. And have always decayed. It would be the same if MA said to the imk2 owners: "wow your gun doesn't almost decay. Let's make it (L): Everytime you equip it it, 1 pec will be taken from max value. And when max value is 1 ped you can't equip it anymore."

But even with the opalo+a104 nerf a couple of years ago, weapons like imk2 and faps like modfap did keep their stats. And they remained repairable.

MA want to add decay to my broom. Fine. But then I want to be able to repair it - so remove the (L).

It would have been different if we knew that crafted brooms was coming on the market. It would have made the gift ones just preview items and price wouldn't have skyrocketed, and we would have been able to buy let's say 20 ped TT ones at a reasonable price.
But as we know no normal brooms did hit the market.

It's one thing with cars given out to beginners when market is full of better vehicles. But the brooms are/were unique at the time (when market price were set) and neither MA nor Rocktropia took the opportunity back then to fix the market (rocktropia, to make sure craftable or lootable brooms was in the pipeline to slow down the price race, and MA for not stating quickly "the vehicles given out from Planet Rocktropia will be subject to a new kind of decay to ensure they'll break fast" so people wound't be fooled from what we knew about vehicle decay.

Last edited:
These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.

Which will mean that more L vehicles will decay also :( So will come to the end pretty textured and painted vehicles. noone wants to pay crap loads on texturing and painting costs on something that decays to shit in short while then have to pay all over again to redo it on the next vehicle. Truly a crappy move on MA's side, I understand the freebie and gift stuff but not the customizable L stuff.

Even quadwing decay for flying is stupid really, 40+ friggen minutes between planets in space taking decay, give me a break, at least on planet there are so many tp's you just need to fly short ways and can tp to reduce decay but in space your screwed, it is 40+ minutes of continual decay on top of fuel cost and planet entry and thruster use :( why doesn't MA just start charging for minutes logged in geesh.....

These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehiclesSo you can count on it happening to other (L) vehicles when MA is ready for that too. And why would they stop there, maybe in the future all your (L) items will decay faster, "to ensure that limited items are indeed limited and do not last indefinitely I feel my wallet shrinking just from reading these notes :( May have to sell everything and hold on to the ped, like when the stock market is crashing, then wait for better time, if any to re-enter

I actually think this is a good think, because limited should be limited and so it's not so strange the items actually decays when we use them. But the decay should be very low from a ordinary use. I believe small amount of decay on all items when we use them is a good thing for the economy and a benefit for all of is in the long run.

You would'nt feel that way if you invested a lot of ped textuerizing and coloring you (L) vehicles and now know that someday they will decay just for using them

but people always thinks its us vs MA,

cheers

ermik

The customer spending money=US
The company accepting our money=THEM

It's not a negative way of thinking about the relationship that way..it's just a fact:yup:

Fact is that MA consistently changes the terms of this "relationship" it's not at all unreasonable that the customers get sick of this "dynamic" behavior that rarely benefits the customers.

These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehiclesSo you can count on it happening to other (L) vehicles when MA is ready for that too.

My guess is that this model will be applied to upcoming motherships (as it was said that all newer motherships would be (L)).

if they release a (L) mothership I can afford, ill totally stop bitching about them breaking my Artic Jeep and other (L) vehicles.

Bring on the Noobie Free Quest Mothership! any planet want to make one?

My poor broom :( I paid a lot of money for that broom, almost 200ped and in my contry, the stunt MA just puled off would be eligal. We have what is refered to as "grandfathered rites" in french it's called "un droit aquis"

I bought that broom under certain conditions and expectations for real money, on the MA auction, to change these conditions withought warning and withought the purchasers agrement is called fraud where I come from.

As others have said in this thread, MA could have done it diferently, respecting the past owners of items that were aquired under the old system. I have no problem with changing the system so that new items fall under new rules but the old items should have been left unafected.

Yet i have grown to expect this type of unjust arogent behavior from MA, it's the reason i did not vote for EU as best MMORG and also the reason I will never buy any CLD. Seriously, you want me to buy these at over 100usd each from a company that can and does change the rules anytime it wants to with no moral consiousness of fairplay and what is just and right?

Consider yourself lucky your under Swedish law MA, here in Canada you would never get away with a stunt like this.

Dear MA :)

How many years of running a MMORPG with a real cash economy will it take for you to understand the simple fact that forcefully breaking (nerfing) items your customers bought for their hard earned money (even if got for free as a gift) will only result in a MAJOR LOSS OF TRUST your customers put in the product (Entropia Universe) you are offering to them ?

Bad idea: Selling great looking fresh apples for 2 USD / kilogram, having a security guard catch the customer when he is on his way out of the store and take the apples from him, giving him the exact same amount of rotten, filled with worms apples.

Get it ???

That customer will never come to the store again.

---

The proper way if you really need to fix the vehicle crafting market which you broke by allowing planet owners to flood the market with free vehicles:

Leave all the already owned/purchased/traded units intact.
Stop giving them out for free to every new avatar (completely not caring about 100s of avatars made just for freebie vehicles).
Make new decaying versions.
Start giving out these new decaying versions.

I think all my vehicles are crafted, so it doesn't really affect me directly regardless if the decay is only applied to SI or also to TT.
But it affects me indirectly - i just can't look at how they run their business, at all the little and not so little ****ups.
Ok i do agree with decaying the begginner cars's, But when they released the first cars, i made 400 ped from selling it

My car from the newbie island on Calypso does not indicate it has Movement Decay in the notes, neither does the Red Truck I got from graduating. However my Hover Bike had the new feature and so did my Soc Mate's Hover Pod.

Can someone add a Movement Decay Yes/No column to the Vehicles Chart on Entropedia.info? I cannot figure out how to add it.

What amazes me is the fact that so many people ignore whats good for the EU as a whole just to protect a broom they bought for 200 ped.

Yeah, lets focus on whats really important.

Ofcourse i understand that a investment in coloring a L item seems like waste now ( well to me it did before this nerf anyway but.. ) but its not like comparing it to making modmerc L and shit as people compare it to.

Its a change wich will generate alot of effects, more crafting more activity in the economy, sure as hell alot more microtransactions.

If you go to space, you see a million motherships and privateers not even beeing used for what they were meant to do, transporting people, they are used as skilling machines wich imo is soo wrong , if your quad decays when used maybe less people will fly solo.

Try and look at the big picture instead on how it affects YOU, we are in this together and adapting is the most important ( and sometimes hardest ) part of playing Entropia Universe.

cheers

ermik

What is this garbage :mad: I'm supost to let myself get f....d by MA "for the cause" " for the greater good" BULL !!! I'm not bending over for MA or anyone, I have been robed !!! You want to sacrifice yourself "for the cause" join the peace coor but give me all your money first !:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What amazes me is the fact that so many people ignore whats good for the EU as a whole just to protect a broom they bought for 200 ped.

Yeah, lets focus on whats really important.

I think it's far more complicated than that (at least for many people). It's about what's good for the community as a whole, versus what's good for the individuals in the community. The pattern to which many object is the one where, time after time, MindArk implements changes that may have an overall positive effect on the game, but often do a great deal of harm to a significant subset of the player base. Everyone will end up in one of these harmed subsets if they stick around in EU; long-term players will get stuck in them time after time.

The question I believe folks are trying to raise is whether the positive effects of such major structural game play changes are worth being hit with the wrecking ball every X times it swings around.

Is decay for broom 1PEC per use? Or is it based on amount of use? I spawned a broom and then picked it up, 1PEC decay. That's 100 or so uses for a broom now?

This should not stand, either buy these brooms back at the price we paid for them or make them repairable, or some other just solution. I understand the reasons for doing it but we should have been informed before they were ever distributed. This is a classic bait and switch, a scam, and whether intended as such or not it's still reeks of poor judgement at the very least, and criminal behavior at the worst, and that's my opinion.

-Obie-

Back