Entropia Universe 12.10 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features

• Multi-select feature - It is now possible to select and move multiple items at once within many user interfaces, including: storage, inventory, Repair Terminal, Trade Terminal and containers. Other user interfaces, such as shopkeepers and blueprint books, now support multi-select when moving items from them, but not into them.
  • Official avatars now display a star icon above their heads to be easier to recognize.
Changes & Improvements

• The alerts displayed when approaching and entering Lootable PvP areas have been improved.
  • Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.
  • Many creatures on the Entropia Universe platform have been adjusted in order to improve balancing. Various parameters have been adjusted on these creatures to achieve a better balance between threat level and the actual danger and cost to kill. These adjustments have mainly affected creatures with high health and relatively low damage. Please see the individual Planet Partner release notes or forums for more detailed information on which creatures have been affected on each planet.
Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue with some creatures beginning to slide before the death animation was triggered.

To clarify the Auction fee reduction; this has been working correctly since 12.9.1.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Ok, FL fix must have been planned for VU12.11 then... :)

New Features
  • Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven, this information is displayed in the vehicle’s item info panel. When a vehicle reaches minimum condition, the driver and all passengers will be ejected from the vehicle. These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely.
In that case you need Vehicle Repair centres dotted around the planets, each complete with NPC that sucks its cheeks in, shakes its head and says, "That'll cost you" or "Come back later, I'm on my tea-break" when you submit your vehicle for repair.

New balancing on my system!

Switch off EU - Switch on other games !

I will switch on EU, if Make Up is enabled again. Have fun all, while i be offline.

@ Dusk My guess they mean TT decay, so all those 0.5 ped helis and brooms will be soon gone.

Heli was non tradable, but those paying 200 ped on brooms must be happy. Can anyone test if brooms decay?

In that case you need Vehicle Repair centres dotted around the planets, each complete with NPC that sucks its cheeks in, shakes its head and says, "That'll cost you" or "Come back later, I'm on my tea-break" when you submit your vehicle for repair.

It's worse than that, it's dead Jim!
I have a feeling that it's not SI damage but tt damage. I wonder how fast the tt decays then. People with brooms may be pretty maddened by their recent investment!!! - and not only them!

It was a joke, guys. :)

•Many creatures on the Entropia Universe platform have been adjusted in order to improve balancing. Various parameters have been adjusted on these creatures to achieve a better balance between threat level and the actual danger and cost to kill. These adjustments have mainly affected creatures with high health and relatively low damage. Please see the individual Planet Partner release notes or forums for more detailed information on which creatures have been affected on each planet.

Have the mission rewards for these creatures been increased?

Have the mission rewards for these creatures been increased?

No, they have not been changed. It is mostly changes to damage, and not always increases (for example eviscerators and hogglo will miss more often now).

Some mobs have even gotten reduced health.

The Auction Fee may now be working 'correctly', but it is not working as announced.

Announced was a reduction of 25%, but this only applies to items with very large markup. On a 100 Ped markup, the reduction is 1.7% (yes, one point seven).

Arkadia got some guns change SIB levels, demonic excavator got efficiency changed... wonder when modfap, MM, imp. Mk.II etc. get changed.

Also, where's that quote from Marco that "item stats will never be changed" ?

Cant say i'm to pleased to hear about vehicles deteriating randomly with use.
I use my vehicle to get from A to B, if I wanted it to deteriate, i'd use it in space.
This better not happen to quads and vtols in the future.
Well, my brooms now going to find a spot in storeage, taken the fun right out of vehicles this.

I know the market needs a boost, but come on guys.

Arkadia got some guns change SIB levels, demonic excavator got efficiency changed... wonder when modfap, MM, imp. Mk.II etc. get changed.

Also, where's that quote from Marco that "item stats will never be changed" ?

What Marco may or may not have said doesn't matter anymore. Marco is long, long gone.

The new quote will be "grab your ankles and hold on tight!" :laugh:

Ah... I just love how they announce them as "Improvements"

Improvements to MA's bank, sure.
Improvements to players, definitely not.

Levi cost more to kill, same, if not worse loot. - Where's the sense in that?

Changing stats to guns that people may have just bought? They lose ped in needing to sell the gun off again, not too mention the ammo money they may have shot before they realised.

Changes & Improvements
  • Vehicles - Some vehicles now deteriorate when driven
  • Many creatures on the Entropia Universe platform have been adjusted in order to improve balancing.

Good old MA, still creating ways to nickel and dime the player base.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... :rolleyes:

Cant say i'm to pleased to hear about vehicles deteriating randomly with use.
I use my vehicle to get from A to B, if I wanted it to deteriate, i'd use it in space.
This better not happen to quads and vtols in the future.
Well, my brooms now going to find a spot in storeage, taken the fun right out of vehicles this.

I know the market needs a boost, but come on guys.

It looks like it's only the gift and newbie vehicles i.e. the RT Thing 4x4, chopper, broom and Arkadia's hoverpod. I can't confirm it until I log in, but I suppose it's a knee jerk reaction to the gift vehicles and that people never bought another vehicle after that.

It could be the first step to moving to all the other vehicles though. A way to boost the falling CLD returns?

Changing stats to guns that people may have just bought? They lose ped in needing to sell the gun off again, not too mention the ammo money they may have shot before they realised.

if they might not even releaise, how many even bother reading the release notes. I'm betting we'll see a couple of threads in the next week asking about the change.

Ugg like my quadwing doesn't take enough decay from damage in space by pirates they will be adding more decay for flying for 40+ minutes in space in the future as well :(

Hope you still can use the decayed vehicles as storage containers and spawn them to send back to storage while out mining... Would really suck to have to add vehicle decay to your mining run expenses because you have to pay vehicle decay now to get to storage every 20 minutes.

Gangman (EU) Sttyle!

Good old MA, still creating ways to nickel and dime the player base.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... :rolleyes:

And the more things change.. the funnier they get...

Case in point... Gangman Dance Style...

No seriously.. time to make our own EU Music Videos using that now popular song...

Damn you Psy.. Now you're in EU .. Runs screaming towards the (Insert your favorite mob here)

No, they have not been changed. It is mostly changes to damage, and not always increases (for example eviscerators and hogglo will miss more often now).

Some mobs have even gotten reduced health.

I would like to know ;

Are you in mindark's confidence to affirm such things ?
Did you do 10 hunts in a row on Hogglos & Eviscerators to test it since todays update ?

And did you check the health of the hundreds of mobs we find on calypso,
or the 3-4 hundreds mobs there are in the whole game ?

Where is the star that should be above your avatar ?....

I would like to know ;

Are you in mindark's confidence to affirm such things ?
Did you do 10 hunts in a row on Hogglos & Eviscerators to test it since todays update ?

And did you check the health of the hundreds of mobs we find on calypso,
or the 3-4 hundreds mobs there are in the whole game ?

No, I am simply capable of reading basic English.

Therefore, I could read that this release note told me to check planet-specific release notes. Therefore, I read the Calypso release notes and got this info. Tada!

Reading is useful, you should try it! :dunce:

New Features
Does anybody have complete list of vehicles affected by this new feature? :( I logged in and checked my Mk1 Explorer (L), my Valkyrie T1 (L) and did not see the new movement decay noted on these two vehicles. However, I do see the new movement decay listed on my Spear Hoverbike (from the mission).

I really hope they don't extend this new feature to any of the non-freebie-type vehicles out there, ugh.

This is really getting outrageous. Eventually they will descide to REBALANCE everything, effectivly nerfing everyones investments. It is partially our fault as the players for not doing somthing about this with the FIRST STAT CHANGE to an item in game. When they nerfed scanners. Since then they have effectivly and systematically screwed up multiple other items and gear in game.

Whatever happened that that statement Marco made about not changing items after they were in game?

and ffs please god stop adding new useless components. 90% of all loot is crap nowdays with no markup and little or no use. WE dont need more components or treasure components or mob parts ect. We need actual stuff (BPs) that will increase the demand for the stuff we already have in game.

"Official avatars now display a star icon above their heads to be easier to recognize."

So i gues only MA Official will have that, so if you are not a MA Official u will not have a star

"Official avatars now display a star icon above their heads to be easier to recognize."

Pretty funny that they tell us about it,

wasn't it the case already like 5 years ago ?

I'm sure I have screenshots of them somewhere. Pre-VU 10.

So i gues only MA Official will have that, so if you are not a MA Official u will not have a star
I thought they did this anyway. It was used as a way to stop scammers from impersonation MA Officials.

When did this stop?

Sup.Why we dont get any Upgrade for new Monsteranimations ? Some potential Player`s i did show EU mean mostly Monsters looking totally static and missing Ragdoll efect .
I agree.
Only new thing i could see before was that they surround you .

like 2 gb Upgrade for all 14 platforms .Yup i nead to load some. Hehe :)

Last edited:
Is it me or did the Herman-ASI 40 just got bumped up 7 lvls in requirment. 30 to 37. :(

{removed}

I thought they did this anyway. It was used as a way to stop scammers from impersonation MA Officials.

When did this stop?

I think this disappeared for a while, but MA officials still had orange text in local chat to set them apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back