Planet calypso content release 2012.6

while using the iron mission guy in Vermilion Fields (which btw he would not answer me) my ava froze, wouldnt let me move, T or use anything. Relog once to same thing and cant log in now cause it says i am always logged in.

Might just be me, but be careful out there. and yes i made a support case.

You were too fast, they have to be activated manually and I was at lunch :)

things going so well with player retention that more decay was a good idea????
you know, even more decay???
this is the best you guys can do, same old corner shop mentality as ever, not learnt anything from how thats been working out for you in the last 5 years or so?
next time you make a questionaire wondering why existing players dont log on any more you should make one of those neat little boxes where people can give their own opinion as to why instead of asking questions you already know the answer to.

or maybe you can get the guy from tractor PR to make one of those compelling press releases explaining how exciting these changes are :p

Goblin and 2c still means rapid hits for 40-60 damage from mature

Not sure I like these changes. Noobs grinding Levi was great for the ped cycling factor of the economy.

Menace

You know as well as I do mate, if something is popular in EU and has mass appeal and people actually "enjoy" it, it's obviously "broken" and needs to be "adjusted." :rolleyes:

Well, i guess it is a hard descission for MA. Seems they run low on cash so they need to do something.

1. Short term thinking: We need the money now! Let us gain some extra cash by letting the players bleed some more (litterally spoken). Higher Decay, new miss-features, tools less efficient, new components (even so we have lots of unused BPs) and so on.

2. Long term thinking: We need that money, but it would be better to attract more players with an affordable game and a more positive attitude from existing players. So in the longrun more players = more money. Let us improve loot, keep existing tools as they were, get some use for existing BPs that didn't have a use for now and especially LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS...

guess which way MA is heading...

Suggestion for MA ;)

Adjusted mobs and deterioration on vehicles, hmmm maybe it's time to...

...publish the rules of MM 2012 so that the entire community can focus on something more exciting and quickly forgets the VU12.10.

:yay:

I like the decay on noob vehicles, and I would not mind some sort of slow decay on regular vehicles either. Not that I mind having the same vehicles for over a year now, but maybe the vehicle crafters do!

Their markup has plummeted, and they cant sell some types now at all. Its really pointless.

Well, i guess it is a hard descission for MA. Seems they run low on cash so they need to do something.

1. Short term thinking: We need the money now! Let us gain some extra cash by letting the players bleed some more (litterally spoken). Higher Decay, new miss-features, tools less efficient, new components (even so we have lots of unused BPs) and so on.

they have been doing this same short term thinking since 2007 and look where it has got them, i remember when most people seemed happy in game and on this forum.

you can dance gagnam style now XDD

Looks like an good Upgrade.
I still missing a few Monsters on the Changelist :

Osseocollum Young to Mature :
lesser Hitrate 20-30%
(especially decay for non Teamrocketeer or Singleplayer is killing all eco.)
+more Stamina for a bit more regeneration.
Faster moove against pingpongefect.

Kiingfisher :
More Hitrate like 20%
A bit lowered damage than at a hit, i say.

Malcurentor:
Make that old Grandpa faster :D hes so slow .
He dies before he bite you with 2 Peeps in a group on distance.

All other Monsterchanges i agree . Now i know why to use good Armor for goodlootig Monsters .

I don't understand the need for some of these changes.

Every time there is an update it makes it worse for the players.

The levi were fine before, it's not as though people were making money off the low dmg that they did, now they just cost more to kill and the loot is no better if worse, so the player ends up losing more money. It's bullshit.

NOOOOO

MA keep making players mad

:? is mindark wanna us all to leave game

keep maken changes that we dont need instead sometime better

whats was wrong with levis :scratch2:

is MA wanna all players to leave game

MA wanna shut down calypso by maken changes that make players mad time to time why MA wanna do that
i mean the can make sometime better little by litlle instead make us mad --look at levis changes seriusly
--:mad::mad:

Doesn't look to me like much of any of the changes listed were really MA's work but mostly PP's work and MA just agreed to the changes and implemented them. Good to see Calypso Team working on new things on Calypso.

Wish to see more MA system fixes as some of the bugs with the systems just keep getting more annoying every VU, can't wait to see what new system issues I have to start playing around now. For instance is the DIB's issue fixed so the people in USA can deposit if needed again? It has been down for a lot of people for about a week now.

they have been doing this same short term thinking since 2007 and look where it has got them, i remember when most people seemed happy in game and on this forum.

I know, I'm around since 2007, so it is no news for me... but its just sad to see that such a unique game is getting worse and worse. Sure, not everything is bad, there still are things I enjoy in EU, but the list of enjoyable things is... decaying...

I think for a major investor, changes of items are a no go. If you are to buy a diamond in RL you would sue the guy who changes it "stats" to glass. Unless the guy is god or another "higher entity". And it seems that Mindark wants to be this "higher entity", otherwise they would take complaints from their player base more seriously.

There are bugs that come and go with every VU, there are bugs present for a long time (I have one for almost 3 years now...), there is taming, there is makeup, there are all the small things that get some players (sometimes a lot players) angry. But that doesn't seem to bother MA. I guess they still get enough money from this game...

And why can't they simply post EVERY change they made?
Or has anyone ever heard of the yellow line:
Effect over Time attempt failed.
(Disciple of mine tried to give his avatar some synchro buff with a lvl 1 chip. I know it is not that much money, but he lost around 800 ME because of this.)

Last edited:

The levi were fine before, it's not as though people were making money off the low dmg that they did, now they just cost more to kill and the loot is no better if worse, so the player ends up losing more money. It's bullshit.

Not too sure about that. Levi HOF have been popping like candy for over a year now. Basically most hunters decided to hunt Trox and Levi as a main progression, virtually ignoring other mobs unless they were needed for a mission.

Ever think that perhaps the community had a sense that there was in fact, less risk involved in hunting these particular mobs, and that's why they had such appeal?

For me I could really care less. I mainly hunt maffoid, phylls, and feffoid. The changes will cause me to adjust my playstyle for sure, but I'm sure there will be nothing game breaking.

Ofcourse the loot gets better, more decay from armor/fap = more loot.

Not that I mind having the same vehicles for over a year now, but maybe the vehicle crafters do!
Hope the guy who spent several kk peds to texture his sleipnir in chrome don't mind the upcoming decays too :)

I was about to spend 2k to texture my Jarhead in tiarak but won't do it now because you never know when MA will decide to implement textures decay even on UL stuff.

So if I’ve understood this right, seems a lot of mobs will hit harder, but have reduced HP (stamina is HP I thought).

Some nasty mobs run at you slower, flax, 2nd Ent (attack speed).

Hoggs hit less, might be worth trying a few again.

Prot mission. My soc leader Fort with be pleased, so will skippie and Star I’d expect.

Interesting that different maturities of the same mob have different damage types, learnt something new today.

Not surprised by changes to Levi, hit harder and come at you faster but have less stamina (so I guess less HP). No more washing up during Levi hunts then..LOL.
Good to see aggression reduced, less chance of getting swamped and stacking them up.
Looks like gremlin for Levi now its 25% acid.

Rex
Surprised with more hit chance, they hit enough already, especially the more evade you have they seems to hit even harder.

So this update seems skills matter more, and less HP to kill some popular mobs. Doesn't seem so bad.

Rick

Hate when they mess with mobs adjustments... Like always, just fckng up hunting :rolleyes:

Ofcourse the loot gets better, more decay from armor/fap = more loot.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but the loot definitely is not better lol

Dino bones can once again be found scattered throughout Eudoria.

YEEESSSS!! finally the game gets back some old feel to it ... a step in a good direction MA !! look to the past and figure out what little touches made the game great and put them back in!

Thank you for the bones .. haven't logged in yet to see them but im sure they ill be amazing ;)

note: im serious i didn't realize i missed those untill they said they are putting them back

Not too sure about that. Levi HOF have been popping like candy for over a year now. Basically most hunters decided to hunt Trox and Levi as a main progression, virtually ignoring other mobs unless they were needed for a mission.

Ever think that perhaps the community had a sense that there was in fact, less risk involved in hunting these particular mobs, and that's why they had such appeal?

For me I could really care less. I mainly hunt maffoid, phylls, and feffoid. The changes will cause me to adjust my playstyle for sure, but I'm sure there will be nothing game breaking.

Well I don't know about you, but the only time I've made money from Levi was when I got a hof, all other times was a loss.

Hope the guy who spent several kk peds to texture his sleipnir in chrome don't mind the upcoming decays too :)

I was about to spend 2k to texture my Jarhead in tiarak but won't do it now because you never know when MA will decide to implement textures decay even on UL stuff.

Yeah, Im actually disappointed that there arent more UL vehicle types available for this. I have wanted to texture my Sleipnir for a while now, but cant bring myself to do it given that the (L) means that I wont be able to keep the texture.

I'm a perfectionist. I would spend alot to get exactly the look I wanted. So I understand where that guy would be coming from. I just wouldnt do it. The (L) to me is an imperfection in my item.

Q: What are Dino bones? Were they an old feature?

Seems acid plates are gonna be in higher demand. I guess the reviews on the mobs will slowly trickle in. The extra acid on the Levi,s is gonna be interesting.

They are just part of the landscape.. used to see them all over eudoria laying on the ground.

XZC

Well I don't know about you, but the only time I've made money from Levi was when I got a hof, all other times was a loss.

That could be said for most mobs!

In most mobs there is stamina decrease. That mean max loot is also lower now ( according to stamina * 200 +-5% formula) and lesser base class loot on those mobs wchich together with increasment of evader needed and attack speed means we can forget about doing well on hunting.

So it happened after crafting and mining hunters also got their loot updated and balanced

All is made few days before MM wchich keep folks busy for some time and new avatar look so when all hype after that will calm somwhere in february everyone who will be mentioning " some old loot change from 2012" will be treated as freak.

From good loot times just legends remain like about ATH's every week from "before CLD" era. Best part is that we all see that "improvements" and "balancing adjustments" and still play and pay.

With VU's like this one and previous one i am sometimes just wondering if MA is testing how much community can be squized out before their targeted retention exceed numbers they willing to see.

In most mobs there is stamina decrease. That mean max loot is also lower now ( according to stamina * 200 +-5% formula) and lesser base class loot on those mobs wchich together with increasment of evader needed and attack speed means we can forget about doing well on hunting.

Ofcourse base loot is lower, it also costs less to kill 1 mob now (less HP to take down). I don't see any problem with that tbh.

This is indeed concerning with respect to L vehicles. Even I had begun to relax and placing more expensive textures and colours on L vehicles. Now, we will not see L vehicles being coloured or textured to the same extent. I do hope then there is a lot more UL vehicles coming to apply Polished Chrome to. I will make a thread in Entropia forum, which MA will ignore, but I will do it anyway. Make one here first.

This is indeed concerning with respect to L vehicles. Even I had begun to relax and placing more expensive textures and colours on L vehicles. Now, we will not see L vehicles being coloured or textured to the same extent. I do hope then there is a lot more UL vehicles coming to apply Polished Chrome to. I will make a thread in Entropia forum, which MA will ignore, but I will do it anyway. Make one here first.

Basicaly MA shall implement new vehicles with new stats ( even named same like old ones ). It's stupid messing all the time with stats of items we already own. Be it L or unL. Each such change ppl losing confidence in MA. So much potential wasted by so many amateurs chaotic decisions :/

Goblin and 2c still means rapid hits for 40-60 damage from mature

Not sure I like these changes. Noobs grinding Levi was great for the ped cycling factor of the economy.

Menace

It may well place levi outside of mobs i can easily hunt then, however, I think people will up-armor a bit and people who previously considered levi hunters to be scraping the bottom might reconsider. I'm a bit worried about short term effects, especially availability of lc-100(l).

Its just eleven mobs. A lot of mobs remain unchanged. Bunch of mobs got easier. More different mobs getting hunted can only be good.

Estophyl:
  • Attack speed increased by ~7%.
  • Stamina and regeneration reduced slightly.
  • Damage increased a bit on Young-Guardian and reduced on Dominant-Stalker.

7%? Slightly?? I used to stand against 3 esto youngs naked with archon, now barely can managed one and they regen 3/4 of full hp by the time I get back from revival.

Back