Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release[/h]
The upcoming release of Entropia Universe, scheduled for early December 2019, will include the biggest visual update of Entropia since the switch to CryEngine. This is a massive update that takes the engine to a whole new level, with modern physically based shading and greatly improved processing of light and colors.

Physically based shading enables MindArk and the Planet Partners to create assets that look better than ever before, since they interact with light in a way that's based on how it works in real life. Improved lighting, post processing, bloom and color curves gives the picture a natural and photographic appearance.

This is not an engine switch but an upgrade of the existing renderer so all gameplay systems are unaffected.

With this update we are sure that you will find some treats when you revisit your favourite areas throughout the Universe so head to the nearest teleporter or fuel up your spacecraft and go explore!

[h=4]Additional note:[/h] As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.

Originally Posted Here

I hope this comes with performance improvements.

Last time they did something like this, the really expensive clothing were fooked!

A gentle warning to all, MA are great at breaking textures. As this is a huge overhaul, be prepared!

Rgds

Ace

I hope this comes with performance improvements.

Yes, with a new improved "safe" setting so you can run on an even lower resolution to keep it smooth! :wtg:

A beautifully-crafted gun, realistic color and looks good with standard 2.9 DPP

OR

A fucking cube that can shoot bullets and has 5 DPP

I know it will come with lots of bugs, but i look forward to the new upgrade. It still good that MA is still improving, even after years of playing players are still saying the game is dying or dead.

A gentle warning to all, MA are great at breaking textures. As this is a huge overhaul, be prepared!

And from what I've seen, terrible at writing shaders. Let's hope for the best, though.

Last time they did something like this, the really expensive clothing were fooked!

Rgds

Ace

Might happen yes. :p Maybe we'll see a update in design on old clothes though. ;)

i'm not sure if i should laugh, cry or getting pissed..

with all the current bugs existing for years making us lose peds, with the shitty loot that make us think to stop hunting forever and try other activities to cover our losses, with the current graphics that make most old pc users to play in low mode and still having graphic lags sometimes, with the current community and support system that they always answer with copy-paste answer and completely ignore you, hearing that MA spend time and focus on how to make the game looks better make me feel sad for the money i pay them for (losing here)..

good luck with that..

you know.. if the thief wears costum, that doesn't lower the pain of the loss..

Pretty thrilled by this announcement!

12 years later they start to update the graphics !

Hope it will come once a year instead of once a decade in the future.

This only show they start to understand what great tool they have at hand. Now let's hope they really start using and write things fitting this tool instead of copy pasting old bugged code.

If when implementing new stuff they get rid of the old bugged one I say thumbs up !

Still, a part of me says :

Liu, you're here since 2004, don't get hyped.

:duh:

with all the current bugs existing for years making us lose peds, with the shitty loot that make us think to stop hunting forever and try other activities to cover our losses, with the current graphics that make most old pc users to play in low mode and still having graphic lags sometimes, with the current community and support system that they always answer with copy-paste answer and completely ignore you, hearing that MA spend time and focus on how to make the game looks better make me feel sad for the money i pay them for (losing here)..

If you can't fix it, paint it. :laugh:

I'm actually looking forward to see the improved engine in game.

Am expecting a huge amount of graphical issues though, with a game as big as Entropia currently is.
I'm hoping my Shadow is actually black again, and not shiny metallic :)

Whatever the outcome, good luck MA getting this up and running (now how about some decent loot for me :p )

I think it is time again to start a thread where we collect all the bugs that are in EU and MA does not correct until they start to cost MA Money.

Like several years ago when there existed a lot of bugs which where used to gain money by using these bugs.

MA did only start to correct them when everybody in EU knew them and used them as they noticed that they where loosing money. If only several abuse such bugs MA tends to ignor it as they think it cost more to correct the bugs and that the Money the few gained was anyway not money from MA but from other players.

Last edited:
It seems I may have bought a new PC at just the right time.

Reactions: Izz
So white will turn orange? Light blue into dark blueish/black? And orange will be super orange?
Does this also influence the ava skin colors? I am now medium brown, will I look pitch black after the VU?
Can't wait to see how fruits are looking. Maybe add oranges to the fruits?
But I suppose we can tweek the colors in the settings. :)

:xmas:Christmas is coming time to add your upgrades to your pressies list for Santa :xwink:

Nothing like doing one of the biggest technical upgrades right before one if the biggest events of the year (Merry mayhem).

I hope it will works out

a pig with makeup still stays a pig ?

Oh ffs! Just look at those before/after shots, especially the bar. Unless MA have got them the wrong way around, what IS the point? The bar has a long bluiesh window which simply becomes as black as the bar interior. How utterly stupid...
Another major waste of time and money (and losing XP players maybe?)? Not impressed....

Edit: Maybe framerates will be improved for approximately the same quality levels, assuming we still have control over what 'qualities' we can afford to view... but my expectations are low...

Last edited:
Never had a problem with the graphics in a game, I remember i went to Murka's internet cafe here in Bucharest back in 2005-2006 and entire room was laughing how bad Entropia was looking.

Oh ffs! Just look at those before/after shots, especially the bar. Unless MA have got them the wrong way around, what IS the point? The bar has a long bluiesh window which simply becomes as black as the bar interior. How utterly stupid...
Another major waste of time and money (and losing XP players maybe?)? Not impressed....

Edit: Maybe framerates will be improved for approximately the same quality levels, assuming we still have control over what 'qualities' we can afford to view... but my expectations are low...

I was thinking with the second pics the bar looks better before!

Fingers crossed it all works out well :)

i dont even know if i prefer the before or the after :D
keep ading no real content to the game Ma :D

I think you may need to turn down your brightness for the "after" pics.

Mainly what I'm hoping for is certain textures not bringing a high end graphics card to it's knees. Been really annoyed by that for at least a decade.

I agree, the new bar scene doesn't look very good. PBR has very different BRDF inputs and is only as good as your textures and lighting, both of which are pretty bad in this game. I'm not sure what this release will entail, but based on MA's history my guess is that this is just an initial port to the new engine and basically switching to physically based shading without fully revamping the textures, materials, and lighting to fit with the new shading model. Hopefully I'm wrong, but considering such an undertaking would have likely had to have been in the works for years now, I doubt it. They likely just ran the existing textures through an automated conversion. The result is going to be that mostly this will initially make a lot of the game look perceptibly worse to most people. PBR is fantastic in the right hands though, and moving forward hopefully MA has resources allocated to take this where it could go.

As for abandoning XP, considering it was EOL almost 5 years ago, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Most companies cutoff XP support the same day Microsoft did.

Time to buy flashlights as all estates will likely be dark as hell

I don't understand it .. People are complaining that EU is on Cryengine 2 with old DX version but also complain they can't run it on XP anymore ??? XP ?? seriously ?? (I admit it was a good version but still) ... and as to not being able to run on an old pc .. How old are the pc's you run it on anyway ?? My basic system is like 10 years old but I keep it upgraded every couple of years and so I can run EU at all the highest settings without problems .. But then I am a gamer and like playing demanding games. Perhaps this is not true for the casual player ?
And after this comment and the new version arrives ... I will be having problems because the people I targeted with my comment will have jinxed me LOL !!!

Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.

Usually this note would have caused more outrage by now. We're on page 3 of this thread folks, what gives? Where is the complainer chorus? Oh! That's right ... XP users were fooked by WannaCry and have gone the way of the Dodo. :wtg:

Selling 1080 TI graphics cards @ boxes

wondering

i figured out one thing about 'Graphics Advanced'

just put all thing Low(don't Safe mode :D) and put Shading Quality to High,V-high(high is good enough)

yw and thx for the great update

Back