Explore Even More

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]Explore even more![/h]
[h=3]New starter packs to be released[/h]

Starting your avatar's career is about to get much easier. With a selection of three brand new starter packs featuring the new Harrier Armor, Weapon, Fast Aid Pack and more, you will be ready to jump right into action.

The new starter packs, labelled Bronze, Silver and Gold, will be available for $5, $15 and $40 respectively. The Silver and Gold packages will also contain an amount of PED, the currency of Entropia Universe, so you can participate in the economy right from the start.

Starter packs will be available to new players at account creation. For existing players, the starter packs will be available in the web shop that will soon be launcehd at https://account.entropiauniverse.com.

We plan to release the starter packs for new accounts in early June and the webshop for existing accounts within a couple of weeks.

-Note that the Starter Pack items are non-tradable, i.e. its items can not be transfered between accounts.

3873ke0e4kfxg4hmlkv76y5faxxtryn

Originally Posted Here

Explains the discoveries... nice move.. just bothered that the discoveries came before the announcement.

This is a fantastic way to get new ppl to make their first depo.

+rep MA

No. They are just saying it is the front end to these specialty packs and maybe some other no trade items. They already gave hints of this but in the form of premium services.

I hope they have something like buying land area name changes and teleporter for la etc in these shops as it used to require a support ticket. Having a single shop for that lessons the load on tier 1 support a bit.

This will surely increase the income from new players. Now part one of the equation is done, next part is to keep them in-game long enough for them to get "hooked". After that they may choose to deposit more and more = win for us all :D

-Note that the Starter Pack items are non-tradable, i.e. its items can not be transfered between accounts.

More things untradeable on a Real Cash Economy game.

You guys know that if every things becames untradeable there will be no Real Cash Economy anymore?

Can they go into the TT atleast?

I agree it will be nice if they give options for managing things already in game, my issue is this is following all the other microtransaction "buy this only in our store" type mentality. which does worry me as items should be generated, found, crafted, IN game. after all isn't that the point of the open universe? the economy should revolve around materials used, found, looted, crafted IN GAME not just click and depo.

Already thousands of useless blueprints. with the removal of targeting units, weapons crafting took a huge toll, so did the components to make them. I don't see this starter pack as a bad thing at all.. I think its great for enticing new players. but what happens when more things are in this web shop? then you just get it there. there is no cycling of peds in game for it to be created or looted.

edit.. just looking back at my old logs

I used to make the AL15 taurus and other guns.... to make a taurus.. it needed 6 OTHER blueprints for components... each of these needed various raw materials.... so I would buy or loot them to make an AL15, al17..or Scrof... or whatever else.... it was a long chain of things needed.. people could sell the components or loot and make things in this long chain so quite the cycle of supply for the materials... MA removed 1 single item and removed this entire chain and cycle. so materials had more value which we all know.

now if more than just starter gear is in this web shop... then its not gonna help things any further.

Last edited:

You guys know that if every things becames untradeable there will be no Real Cash Economy anymore?

Yeah lets find a way to whine even over the good things they do, i think this will have an overall better impact on our day to day lives ingame if new ppl depo.

You did notice the wordt 'starter' in 'starter pack' right?

Yeah lets find a way to whine even over the good things they do, i think this will have an overall better impact on our day to day lives ingame if new ppl depo.

wen i will do my shoping on the web store insteed of your store i want to see you post again :laugh:

Good to see starter packs. Incentivizing an initial deposit is a good idea. Probably didnt go large enough but its a start.

I agree it will be nice if they give options for managing things already in game, my issue is this is following all the other microtransaction "buy this only in our store" type mentality. which does worry me as items should be generated, found, crafted, IN game. after all isn't that the point of the open universe? the economy should revolve around materials used, found, looted, crafted IN GAME not just click and depo.

Already thousands of useless blueprints. with the removal of targeting units, weapons crafting took a huge toll, so did the components to make them. I don't see this starter pack as a bad thing at all.. I think its great for enticing new players. but what happens when more things are in this web shop? then you just get it there. there is no cycling of peds in game for it to be created or looted.

This is a valid point and concern.

I don't think jumping on people for bringing it up or tempering their enthusiasm for this development is in order.

Also disturbing/troubling but also business as usual for MA that they don't announce things until after they are known by some. Not a big deal in this case but not a good practice in a RCE where foreknowledge has economic advantage.

PS " Explore Even More" ... is Peezle creating threads for MA now? :rolleyes:

Oh no, pixie armour horders are going to be bankrupt! :eyecrazy:

wen i will do my shoping on the web store insteed of your store i want to see you post again :laugh:

Since i dont sell starter gear, ill keep posting.

Since i adapt to changes ingame, ill keep posting.

Since i enjoy a good challenge, ill keep posting.

web store wont be starter item only imo :wise:

i tink no trade item and web shop break the rce
its important and its not whining to be talk about it

I agree this is the right way to bring money into the game. MA did good!

It's a good idea. Incentivising new players with initial deposits has a twofold advantage - when someone first downloads and creates an account, they are "hot" - most likely to spend $. If they are spending $40; they're going to want to play for $40 worth of entertainment and this may improve hooking people. Secondly, it reduces the amount of account maintenance cost associated with new players - even at $5 this will offset the cost of create, play 10mins, and never log in again accounts.

Microtransactions however are not good (for this game). Personally it's bad enough having "tokens" to collect to obtain certain (L) items at brokers... I would much rather those (L) items were in blueprints and the tokens replaced by materials to craft; this promotes a wider economy.

However, microtransactions remove the need to basically play the game at all. "Purchase new Killall MK1 for 50% off this weekend only!!" turns the game from an open, RCE to a closed, iphone style game where player interaction or even game interaction is unnecessary to create ped wealth.

I'm all for a webshop for things like LA names, goldcards, etc. However, once people can buy permanent stat boosts such as 100% skillgain boost for $100 - the very concept of PE has been lost and we all may aswell play a more polished ten-a-penny microtransactional game.

This is a great thing, Entropia have been flirting with the idea of starter packs for a while now(from calypso, neteller etc) and im glad they took the step to offer one in a more permanent universe wide fashion with a new sexy looking armor and gear ;). I really like that they went all out sci-fi with the set look, hopefully they use some similair designs on higher level armors.

I don't think concern for the items being UL is waranted since they are absolute ground level items.

Cheers
Zweshi

As long as this is where it stops , then good idea .
If this "webshop" contains anything other than starter items that will affect the crafting economy then its gonna really suck for crafters and blow the RCE concept away and be replaced by a "buy your stuff from MA in their shop"
type of game.
MA will have to be really careful with the implementation of this.

Anyone even slightly concerned about this new "web shop"?

Nope, not concerned at all.
This is the best idea MA had in a while, it will bring in new depos and also since the items cannot be traded there is a chance the owner will stay around longer, or keep coming back.

Also the armors look amazing.

As I said before... I think this is a great thing.... you must have missed why I had concerns.

As I said before... I think this is a great thing.... you must have missed why I had concerns.

nope I didnt miss it, I just answered that I personally don't have any concerns and love the idea

As a new player in a "free to play" game I dont see why they would come back, after having sweated their hearts out, and asked themselves "is this all there is?", and then choose to go to the MA webshop to buy starter kits?

I see gazillions of top notch advices to new players in the Rookie channel.
And I am shure in many cases much better advices than what MA can offer in three static packages.

But if the info about the starter packs are big enough, unavoidable, when coming to EU the first time, then maybe they will buy it. If not people ingame will tell them, buy a better starter pack from me. MA's sucks :).

Why didnt we, the community, come up with this idea a long time ago?
Offering ingame starter packs? Maybe some mentors do but its not very common.

Good to see starter packs. Incentivizing an initial deposit is a good idea. Probably didnt go large enough but its a start.

This is a valid point and concern.

I don't think jumping on people for bringing it up or tempering their enthusiasm for this development is in order.

Also disturbing/troubling but also business as usual for MA that they don't announce things until after they are known by some. Not a big deal in this case but not a good practice in a RCE where foreknowledge has economic advantage.

PS " Explore Even More" ... is Peezle creating threads for MA now? :rolleyes:

As usual, I agree fully with Doer here. This is a great idea to get people to spend on initial install and experience a bit of the game. Will it be enough? Probably not, but it's a good start in today's gaming market.

As far as whether this is also a concerning trend. Yes, considering all the other no trade items. It's a fair point for people to make. I personally think the pros outweigh the cons though.

And the Peezle bit. Genius.

You did notice the wordt 'starter' in 'starter pack' right?

Don't take me wrong! This is a great idea.

That MA shop may also inclued a lot of real life apparel, accessories, posters, etc. All related with Entropia Universe. Wouln't be cool to use a official t-shirt with the EU logo?

What I don't get is why can't this items be sold if the player decide to quit? Haven't the player paid for it already?

On other hand we know that even that bukin blade can be sold on auction...

PS: One of the most strong arguments to play EU is that if one day you decide to quit everything can be sold. This is what RCE game means and it is the main slogan for EU. But day by day this is changing. What for MA is a plus because it will mean a lot more ped tied that can't be withdrawal!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have screenies of the starter fap(s)? Please, post!

Back