Next Island Paradise Zone Now Open for testing along with Club Neverdie Land Area and Theme Park

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
Hello community welcome to this exciting new planet in the Entropia Universe. I am a sort of a community leader for Next Island and greeting to all newcomers to Next Island and hope to help most of you adapt to this wonderful new environment.

Neverdie Studios decided to open the East Island which is owned by Jon "Neverdie" Jacobs 2 days before public release of Next Island, This island is owned by Neverdie Studios and looks like a gigantic theme park. Eruption Area is covered by Fire Drakes, There is a massive racetrack or roller coaster in the Champions Area , Storm Drakes, Fire Drake, Ice Drakes , Skeletons and various other mobs all occupy the Club Neverdie or Neverdie "Theme Park" with Respects to his former GF Island Girl has been installed as the Healer and known as the Revive Terminal there.

edit : Due to a synch issue with a few mainland servers the mobs are not spawning - this is the reason why most of the mainland on next island is empty, Neverdie and Enzo are now aware of the situation - hopefully it gets fixed soon

The Paradise Zone on the mainland is now open for testing The New Player Area consists of Petite Mobs for the new players , as well as monkeys and boars and other exciting little critters, The Mainland Area is open for testing now (Updated : Mobs are suppose to be present on the mainland servers now due to an server issue) . Please note that the mainland has various precious minerals and enmatters (some rare minerals have been found already) it is a great time to get mining on the mainland early, before opening of the mainland.

Bugs : Currently there are few bugs i have noticed however the Enchanted Waterfall Zone in the north of the mainland has water above the road - it maybe a bug or is a feature purposely who knows - i think its a bug. The revive terminal on the mainland is different like a totem or some sort, Noticed also some floating torches which is definitely a bug.

There are Shacks with TTs , Repair (both monkeys) and Crafting, Storage and Friends (Soc) Terminals all over the mainland and TPs in all the different Zones, Next Island mobs will be organised into habitats in particular zones, the noob (or New Player) mobs are now spawning in the Paradise Area SE and some to the South of the mainland, Each Zone has a Teleporter, Shack and a Totem Revive. But you have to explore these zones and find the TPs on the mainland they are not given out like on Neverdies "Theme Park" Island. Miners will be given ample areas to mine minerals and enmatters.

Servers : Next Island Mainland is broken up into 4 Servers and 1 Additional Server for Club Neverdie or Neverdie " Theme " Park, as more islands open in the future they will all be on separate servers.

I hope this enlightens you on the current situation on Next Island and an explanation of whats happening, and looking forward to the coming months or days.. Thank You

Last edited:
You would think this would have been mentioned in the releasenotes ...

However, I feel a lot more happy with this information. NEVERDIE may have taken some crap from various people (including me) today, that he may, or may not, deserve.

I shall keep my eyes open insted of wideshut when it comes to Next Island.

Thank you again for posting this information. Next Island did not announce a public launch today, so yes, appropriate info should have been included in the MindArk release notes so that so many misunderstandings could have been avoided. Really a shame this couple of days of testing fun opportunity has been so blasted by some who didn't even know clearly what was going on, or care for that matter it seems, since ND's owning a land area is just not acceptable to them no matter what and a fight is all that really matters.

Best of luck with Next Island, and thank you guys for joining our 'universe', it isn't always this vicious.

Thank you again for posting this information. Next Island did not announce a public launch today, so yes, appropriate info should have been included in the MindArk release notes so that so many misunderstandings could have been avoided. Really a shame this couple of days of testing fun opportunity has been so blasted by some who didn't even know clearly what was going on, or care for that matter it seems, since ND's owning a land area is just not acceptable to them no matter what and a fight is all that really matters.

Best of luck with Next Island, and thank you guys for joining our 'universe', it isn't always this vicious.
What are you talking about? This is totally the fault of MA or whoever it is the runs Entropia Universe these days.

Next Island have been on everyone's head the last few weeks, and with this kind of flop, people have the right to be angry. This should have been mentioned in the releasenotes; that way we would have avoided all this.

Neverdie "Theme Park" with Respects to his former wife Island Girl

Unless I'm very much mistaken, (Which I admit is not impossible) Island Girl and NeverDie were never married.

What are you talking about? This is totally the fault of MA or whoever it is the runs Entropia Universe these days.

Next Island have been on everyone's head the last few weeks, and with this kind of flop, people have the right to be angry. This should have been mentioned in the releasenotes; that way we would have avoided all this.

I agree with you, I think you misunderstood me perhaps. I was saying that the only announcement that Next Island was open today came in the release notes from MA, not from Next Island, and thus more details should have been in those release notes. A bit of a communication breakdown between MA and NI? Agis has now posted on behalf of NI, a bit late but at least it's something.

I agree with you, I think you misunderstood me perhaps. I was saying that the only announcement that Next Island was open today came in the release notes from MA, not from Next Island, and thus more details should have been in those release notes. A bit of a communication breakdown between MA and NI? Agis has now posted on behalf of NI, a bit late but at least it's something.
I never traveled to NI, but those who did and traveled back should be compensated by MA.

Perhaps publishing information regarding this staged implementation BEFORE turning on the servers would have helped to limit expectations as to what would be discovered in this brave new world as travellers stepped off the teleporter?

If it's not a total screwup, it's certainly a NI PR fail.

Good luck with your planet.

Next Island MEANT to release their new planet this way??

Next Island have totally lost all surprise and impetus with releasing their new planet like this.

Do they have anyone at all in marketing working for them??

Next Island MEANT to release their new planet this way??

Next Island have totally lost all surprise and impetus with releasing their new planet like this.

Do they have anyone at all in marketing working for them??

They may have people in "marketing" working for them but do they have anyone who actually plays the game working for them is the better question...

They may have people in "marketing" working for them but do they have anyone who actually plays the game working for them is the better question...

Well, yes, they appear to Burnsey. And he is globaling on his mobs.

Well, yes, they appear to Burnsey. And he is globaling on his mobs.

let me rephrase that then, I think there's a big difference between playing the game (mechanically-shooting mobs, dropping bombs) and participating in the Real Cash Economy (selling loot, managing peds).

I don't know if they have people exploring all aspects and this would create a big disconnect between real players and the developers.

Erik Reynolds and Katlean de Monchy (David's wife) comprise the marketing team according to the exclusive interview I did with David for the September launch of the EntropiaTimes magazine. They supposedly have a mass marketing plan in place, but I have to agree ... somebody really dropped the ball here BIG time.

Erik Reynolds and Katlean de Monchy (David's wife) comprise the marketing team according to the exclusive interview I did with David for the September launch of the EntropiaTimes magazine. They supposedly have a mass marketing plan in place, but I have to agree ... somebody really dropped the ball here BIG time.

and a great way you pay them back for giving you an exclusive interview by going to every forum you can and posting 10 times over that it's "disgusting". Shows how fickle you are. I hope other planet partners keep this in mine when giving you an interview.

and a great way you pay them back for giving you an exclusive interview by going to every forum you can and posting 10 times over that it's "disgusting". Shows how fickle you are. I hope other planet partners keep this in mine when giving you an interview.

Sorry, but giving me an exclusive interview doesn't buy silence, or me becoming a happy-go-lucky supporter if I in fact do not agree with something. I'm not fickle at all, but rather observant with a mind of my own, and call it as I see it. For a day 1 pre-launch (or whatever you want to call it) to be all about Neverdie, and not actually about Next Island and what we have come to learn about it, speaks volumes to me. Next Island (even the pre-launch) should have been released as David's vision for the planet and not an introduction to yet another ego-center playground for Neverdie ... especially since this is not his planet.

Oh, and ... other planet partners have honored their exclusivity, even Mr. Post, unlike Neverdie for the upcoming interview article in the Dec issue of the EntropiaTimes magazine.

Im trying to help out the community as much as i can , even though and i stress this is not an official stance i have volunteered to help out as much as i can. I cant say its failure on Next Island Marketing team as the launch date is tomorrow and maybe further info has been released, but i have been involved on an unofficial level since 2007 when it was first was granted permission by mindark. So i cant jump to conclusions - but neverdie studios seemed to want to get the ball rolling for them asap. It was mentioned that a beta test was from the 8-9th and release in January but they pushed up the schedule to 10th December for launch. But for us to get a sneak peak early even though the 10th has not come yet, i think its a privilege for all of us, sorry about island girl it was his girlfriend not wife, but still respects to her.

... this is not an official stance i have volunteered to help out as much as i can...

This seems contradictory to your initial post in this thread. Are you an official spokesperson for Next Island or not?
Thanks in advance for clarifying this.

Sorry, but giving me an exclusive interview doesn't buy silence, or me becoming a happy-go-lucky supporter if I in fact do not agree with something. I'm not fickle at all, but rather observant with a mind of my own, and call it as I see it. For a day 1 pre-launch (or whatever you want to call it) to be all about Neverdie, and not actually about Next Island and what we have come to learn about it, speaks volumes to me. Next Island (even the pre-launch) should have been released as David's vision for the planet and not an introduction to yet another ego-center playground for Neverdie ... especially since this is not his planet.

Oh, and ... other planet partners have honored their exclusivity, even Mr. Post, unlike Neverdie for the upcoming interview article in the Dec issue of the EntropiaTimes magazine.

I didn't say you had to be silent, just more professional and not acting like a common forum troll. Seriously i thought Knuckles hacked your account today.

I didn't say you had to be silent, just more professional and not acting like a common forum troll. Seriously i thought Knuckles hacked your account today.

Oh come on Rex, that's low even for you. :)

oh thank you so much post this!!!

KITTEN HAPPY XD

oh and kitten has no issue with the island girl one thats one heck of a tribute

Last edited:
This seems contradictory to your initial post in this thread. Are you an official spokesperson for Next Island or not?
Thanks in advance for clarifying this.

Never said i was official spokesperson I have been involved on an unofficial level for over 3 years on this planet like cyrene and arkadia when it comes i will study every aspect as i have done for years and give back what i can to the community , I have helped Neverdie with things on Rocktropia and CND back in 2008, I learnt everything about Next Island how it will work , its future , much information that was never released publically lets say helping the community, I'm there to help and I have been waiting over 3 years to get the opportunity to help all you adapt to the new planet, help every way i possibly can anyone can be a community leader, i have the knowledge of the world, the mechanics on how it will work so i can help anyone that I can, that has been my own vision since 2007. And now its finally gonna launch tomorrow.

I have been involved on an unofficial level for over 3 years on this planet like cyrene and arkadia when it comes i will study every aspect as i have done for years and give back what i can to the community.

OK, so the "liason avatar" is a self-proclaimed title? Not trying to knock helping noobs and the like as the FPC guides do, just making sure whose voice I hear when you speak... You, Neverdie, Katlean deMonchy, or David Post.

You?

It's not MA's responsibility to write NI's release notes, they are supposed to do it themselves, as FPC do.

Unfortunately neither Next Island or Rocktropia have bothered to provide any release notes whatsoever today, as far as I can tell. If they have I would very much like to see them.

Thanks for the extra info Agis, I don't think it makes any sense on a business level but at least it's some kind of explanation.

Sad to see the purity of the Next Island theme & vision be tarnished with more Neverdie egotistical bullshit.
Detach the Neverdie related theme park and attach it to where it belongs, Rocktopia.

From a business and PR angle, what I see so far is nothing but destructive to David Posts' world vision & theme.

I hope he doesn't pull this shit again when it comes to SEE Virtual Worlds world.

Ego-insanity trying to create a Neverdie-Universe rather than add to the diversity of Entropia Universe.

A simple developed by ND studios would suffice to keep the visions and theme content branding seperate and distinct.

I hope he doesn't pull this shit again when it comes to SEE Virtual Worlds world.

SEE Virtual Worlds and ND Studios have long parted ways already, and ND confirms in the upcoming interview article in the Dec issue of EntropiaTimes being published Sunday that ND Studios will only be working on ROCKtropia and Next Island ... period, and ... there are 10 developers that move from one planet to the other depending on needs.

OK, so the "liason avatar" is a self-proclaimed title? Not trying to knock helping noobs and the like as the FPC guides do, just making sure whose voice I hear when you speak... You, Neverdie, Katlean deMonchy, or David Post.

You?

Sorry for the double post, but ... I just saw that at the Next Island forum, Agis's thread was closed by the Admin because ... "Agis's views and comments are not those of the Next Island team and or Neverdie Studios staff" ... so I guess that answers your question?

SEE Virtual Worlds and ND Studios have long parted ways already, and ND confirms in the upcoming interview article in the Dec issue of EntropiaTimes being published Sunday that ND Studios will only be working on ROCKtropia and Next Island ... period, and ... there are 10 developers that move from one planet to the other depending on needs.

Ah, a little behind on the ins and outs of ND Studios.
Well that solves that, there will be no Neverdie SEE Tour theme park :laugh:

he, he , what a messsssy launch. NI website declared 10 Dec 2010. MA launch on 8 Dec 2010. Planet owned by ND but marketed as David Post. Now, .... whats going on... confusing .... :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Sorry for the double post, but ... I just saw that at the Next Island forum, Agis's thread was closed by the Admin because ... "Agis's views and comments are not those of the Next Island team and or Neverdie Studios staff" ... so I guess that answers your question?

Yeah I saw that too, I am soooo confused. Even confused on the admins on the NI forum, they are actual players of EU too? Beginning to wonder if every friend of ND has a job with NI :scratch2:

Back