Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

I guess its a bit different from person to person. When I get photos fixed in PS Lr, and don't use a
calibrated monitor, my work might look great on my monitor, but others that do have a calibrated
monitor might wonder if I have been drunk. :D Same goes ofc for when I have done something in 3D. :)

Right! If you make content for others, it is important. Same in music, if i make the master mix, i have to use the right speakers for that, to be sure it sounds right on other speakers too.

A zoomed in part from PA picture. With PBR it will (or should) look more real.
Materials will look more real, e.g metal will look a lot more like metal.
pa5.jpg

I suppose it depends what hardware you are running as to how this update will affect you.

With a Radeon RX 470, I should think I will be able to go from Very High on DX 9 to Very High on DX 11.

As long as you aren't running Windows XP (and I should imagine 99%+ are on Vista or above) it should go relatively smoothly *fingers crossed* :scared:

With the VU 17.0 trailer picture showing on the client loader, I dont think we will have long to wait....

As long as you aren't running Windows XP (and I should imagine 99%+ are on Vista or above) it should go relatively smoothly *fingers crossed* :scared:

These are EU players we are talking about here ..... enough said.

everything gets softened with some kind of instagram filter. really looks like crap to me. i hate this softened shit. gimme my hard edges and crisp graphics back... and turn down the red tone... my eyes get cancer

I think a little softer is a good thing. Currently the ultra blinding whites and nights so dark you need to wear infra red goggles IRL to see anything are too much. A little less of both with more detail will be awesomesauce :)

A zoomed in part from PA picture. With PBR it will (or should) look more real.
Materials will look more real, e.g metal will look a lot more like metal.
pa5.jpg

Exatly what PBR is doing. It use some more grafic info to generate BPR, like raughness, metalic, AO etc. This also means, that the materials need to be designed for this. The red tone we can see, is made with a filter and have nothing to do with the materials. They could make the tone also looking more blue or greenish, if they want. It seams they choosed even more a red filter. So, if you ask me about that, i say, i also like the red tone not realy.

it looks exactly as if someone found out about reshade, experimented a bit with it and now integrates it into the game... that would also be exactly MAs kind of programming skills.

[h=3]Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release[/h]
The upcoming release of Entropia Universe, scheduled for early December 2019, will include the biggest visual update of Entropia since the switch to CryEngine. This is a massive update that takes the engine to a whole new level, with modern physically based shading and greatly improved processing of light and colors.

Physically based shading enables MindArk and the Planet Partners to create assets that look better than ever before, since they interact with light in a way that's based on how it works in real life. Improved lighting, post processing, bloom and color curves gives the picture a natural and photographic appearance.

This is not an engine switch but an upgrade of the existing renderer so all gameplay systems are unaffected.

With this update we are sure that you will find some treats when you revisit your favourite areas throughout the Universe so head to the nearest teleporter or fuel up your spacecraft and go explore!

[h=4]Additional note:[/h] As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows.

Originally Posted Here

So, when is the update coming?

PS: Messi stfu and rtfm, no need for you to answer.

Last edited:
I think a little softer is a good thing. Currently the ultra blinding whites and nights so dark you need to wear infra red goggles IRL to see anything are too much. A little less of both with more detail will be awesomesauce :)

Speaking of "nights so dark", note it's much darker outside the window in the "after" picture.

So, when is the update coming?

How about, uhm, early December 2019, where »early,« »December,« and »2019« are ofc open to interpretation... :o:

Last edited:
This is good news. Now lets see if they will increase drop rate on tier materials otherwise instead of losing for tier process we'll lose/spend the same but in MU :laugh:

This is good news. Now lets see if they will increase drop rate on tier materials otherwise instead of losing for tier process we'll lose/spend the same but in MU :laugh:

youll also profit in MU when selling tcomps you don't need

Before (DX9)

After (DX11)

I hate being wrong all the time.

Who care about your opinion anyway ? Not me

I have my item icons fixed now i see all of them in normal size . Need a bit touch on shades and its all good

Haters gonna hate :laugh:

Who care about your opinion anyway ? Not me

I have my item icons fixed now i see all of them in normal size . Need a bit touch on shades and its all good

Haters gonna hate :laugh:

Oh the pain.

Ah yes!
I didn't notice the Deforestation of NS.
Anyone who thinks this is good needs to have their head examined.
This game is now a joke!
They have descended into the pit of second rate games.
When I started playing almost 1 year ago, I stayed because of the hard core play style, and the excellent tight graphics.
I would never have played this game if it looked like this.
This is not the game I signed up for.
Good luck designing a game backwards.

Ah yes!
This game is now a joke!
When I started playing almost 1 year ago, I stayed because of the hard core play style, and the excellent tight graphics.

Thanks for stopping by. Best of luck. Don’t let the door hitcha.

It seems other Planet Partners did not have enough time to prepare for this change over. So a lot of things from those places still have major issues.

If anyone has any items or textures from other planets or things on those planets that don’t look right, notify the Planet Partner they belong to, so they can try to have it fixed before their “cut off” date for the upcoming patches. After MA does their patches to follow, PPs will likely have to wait till their next PPvu release to fix any remaining issues that weren’t resolved with the patches.

Last edited:
Ah yes!
This game is now a joke!

Yes they have slimmed down a lot of things, I guess even more will be done when
the craftingsystem will be rebuilt with less materials and resources out there.
Since we don't know the reason for this, we can't realy complain yet, could be
anything between that they try to improve performance to a new attempt to "sell"
Caly again.

Last night I went back to Crystal Palace to see again what was done.
The Crystals are gone.
It's no longer Crystal Palace.
The domes are a joke.
They look like Suppositories.
You can no longer see outside through the domes.
The Trees and Plants, yet another another joke.

How does a game company install a graphics system they know nothing about, on top of an existing game.
Mind boggling.:eyecrazy:
To think that it takes them forever to fix anything, and like they will have time to fix all the stuff they just wrecked.

The game will only load fullscreen windowed mode.
I finally realized what someone else was talking about.
They are covering up a major flaw.
My resolution is not 1600x1200 anymore that's why everything is blurred on my screen.
Playing gives me a headache.
My toon doesn't look like it's actually standing on the ground.
It's like I'm floating on some dissconnected surface.

I'm taking a looooong.. break.

Unplayable.

I'm a hardware guy.
The SW engineers are the living dead.
I'm going to check out Elite Dangerous.
I bet it looks great on my Rig.
I'm really glad that the president of MA is happy I'm leaving ROFLMAO!!

Rock

I'm a hardware guy.
The SW engineers are the living dead.
I'm going to check out Elite Dangerous.
I bet it looks great on my Rig.
I'm really glad that the president of MA is happy I'm leaving ROFLMAO!!

Rock

good luck playing a game from frontier development... they are about as bad as MA in concerns of bugs and playtesting as well as communication. just check out the planet zoo forum. its a disaster.

instead of hiring designer + Coder to improve graphic, MA should invest money to the loot pool :lolup::lolup::lolup:

good luck playing a game from frontier development... they are about as bad as MA in concerns of bugs and playtesting as well as communication. just check out the planet zoo forum. its a disaster.

I read that...
Ill take that as a plus ++
They won't be wrecking anything soon.
I don't think puzzification is high on their list as it's a PvP game.
It won't be as fun minus the thrill of having a ton of money on the line but at least I can play on my current setup.
To me graphics and art matter the most!.
Second is hardcore gaming.

This game was beautiful!

Besides
Entropia is going full steam whacko double down on dumbin down.
Once again the ones who paid full price get screwed when they make it free.
They are by the way diluting our in game assets if you don't realize that by now.

I can see the future as I have been through this a few times.
I thought I found sanctuary here but I was wrong.

The next thing they will do is remove massive amounts of legendary items (materials)
They will remove all the past diversity and make some so called balanced spreadsheet like crafting/experience system.
It will become boring and predictable.
It will be so dumb that generation Y(why) will be able to play.

Just my past experience has led me to be a pessimist
I would love to be proven wrong but I doubt it.
The codex was proof of that already.

Don't get me wrong I'm not holding a grudge.
I feel blessed to have played the last best year of Entropia Universe ever.
It was great!
It was hardcore!!

I Rocked Entropia Universe!:yay:

I read that...
Ill take that as a plus ++
They won't be wrecking anything soon.
I don't think puzzification is high on their list as it's a PvP game.
It won't be as fun minus the thrill of having a ton of money on the line but at least I can play on my current setup.
To me graphics and art matter the most!.
Second is hardcore gaming.

This game was beautiful!

Besides
Entropia is going full steam whacko double down on dumbin down.
Once again the ones who paid full price get screwed when they make it free.
They are by the way diluting our in game assets if you don't realize that by now.

I can see the future as I have been through this a few times.
I thought I found sanctuary here but I was wrong.

The next thing they will do is remove massive amounts of legendary items (materials)
They will remove all the past diversity and make some so called balanced spreadsheet like crafting/experience system.
It will become boring and predictable.
It will be so dumb that generation Y(why) will be able to play.

Just my past experience has led me to be a pessimist
I would love to be proven wrong but I doubt it.
The codex was proof of that already.

Don't get me wrong I'm not holding a grudge.
I feel blessed to have played the last best year of Entropia Universe ever.
It was great!
It was hardcore!!

I Rocked Entropia Universe!:yay:

As a game dev in RL, i just can say, that changing from DX9 to DX11 need some time to adjust all the materials and textures on every item. Basicaly it looks much better now. The only thing, MA need a bit more time to adjust all the bad looking materials. But im sure, in some weeks we all will be happy about the new grafic.

As a game dev in RL, i just can say, that changing from DX9 to DX11 need some time to adjust all the materials and textures on every item. Basicaly it looks much better now. The only thing, MA need a bit more time to adjust all the bad looking materials. But im sure, in some weeks we all will be happy about the new grafic.

Imo since a lot of graphics (objects, normalmaps, materials, textures) are outdated they should
hire some realy talented 3D generalist on project basis who can "do it all".
Must be good in rigging and animation also so it look more interesting.
Not that this person (or these) should replace excisting staff, just speed up the upgrade of graphics.
When new craftingsystem comes we probably gonna lose a lot of materials and resources,
so a lot of materials and textures that don't need to be updated.

Was there talk of craft update??

Back