Share System - Crystal Palace Space Station Shares

Guys I think you are fighting over rounding and display errors. If you (sawachika) confirmed that your pedcard only contained exactly 5 PEC after transfering the dividend of 1 Share, then the remaining 0.8 PEC must be stored in the share center. It doesn't show because, probably, it can't display quantities lower than 1 PEC.

Your pedcard works the same, it can store fractions of a PEC but it's unable to display it.

Just my opinion, there's no need to be angry either way. If there's a problem they will fix it, MA doesn't screw around when money is involved (they are audited every year, right?).

PS: I'm not at home, but I will give this a test later. If there's a problem I'll make a support case, as you should. But honestly I would wait until next week, since with just a 0.2 PEC extra we should see the PEC value jump.

Oh don't worry, there's hardly any fighting at all. The flamethrowers aren't even out yet. ;)

I was just wondering what I've observed and stated, that was offending him so much, to the extent that he would have written what he wrote.

Anyway, as far as the pecs are concerned, I don't think its a display error. For as long as I've held onto my 1 CLD, I've never seen a discrepancy in payout from what was stated in -
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?219981-Calypso-Land-Deed-ROI-tracker/page220

It was always what was stated, with the remaining numbers below a pec being "chopped off".

However, knowing it was one thing...but those missing pecs never really bothered me much, so I usually shrugged them off as pecs I've "lost". :silly2:

(Btw, I do know about the PED card being able to store values less than 1 pec, but doesn't display them. However, I doubt the share center does that though...cause I've never seen it giving out values less than 1 pec and I've never noticed my share center having any "extra pecs" out of the norm either.)

Well MA support is hilarious and full of information as always :)
My question:

>> I have one share and I got 0.05 ped for.
>> According to report from other player with 100 shares he got not 5.00 ped but 5.80 ped for the same period or 0.058 ped per share.

And their answer:

> You received incorrect information, you received the exact same amount as all other deed holders with 1 deed.

I doubt if they read questions at all... Still full of hope I filed another question.
Nevertheless I guess it's time to say good buy to my 0.8 pec (and all future fractions).
Hope they be used wisely for fertilizers and other important stuff.

There seems to be some debate about this PEC fraction stuff, but as far as I can tell it's addressed in the original announcement?

Minimum dividend payout is 1 PEC per share. If the payout per share is less than 1 PEC, the amount is carried over to the following week’s dividend.

There seems to be some debate about this PEC fraction stuff, but as far as I can tell it's addressed in the original announcement?

I think the debate is whether it's 'system wide' carryover or per avatar carryover... at least I think that's what this is about? Does the carryover happen per avatar or system wide where if there's not enough to pay out pec it holds it for all to split next time?... i.e. do those with more shares get paid more per share per week since they have enough to bypass the carryover limit since they have enough to round up instead of down, or whatever. (I think it's systemwide, and think AUD may be too, but am not sure about that?... care to clarify?)

(kind of similar to the old debate that if you craft explosive projectile I you get less than projectile II or higher crafting since the system rounds it out so that you end up loosing more nickel and dime overall over time)

Last edited:

Nope. The debate right now is about rounding issues. AUDs pay an integer number of pecs, so if you have 100 deeds you will ALWAYS get multiples of 1 ped paid out (if there is a payout). The original statement probably made many people think payouts were like AUDs, I know I did, in integer pecs.
However, the payout we had looks more like the CLD system, where having 10 deeds/shares can payout whatever exact pec value works and is more than 10x the payout for 1 deed.
So, we saw people with 1 share get 5 pecs, and people with 10 shares get 58 pecs (I believe...).

That's our connundrum if next week a 2.2pec internal value will give people with 1 share 3 pecs (the .8 and the .2 roll over), while people with 10 shares get 22pecs (and things look right again - 8 pecs versus 80 pecs). Or will a single share just get 2 pecs and lose out on the rounding again?

Yeah, the debate happened precisely because it was different from what was "addressed in the original announcement".

Kindly refer -
Well, sad news -- transferred exactly 0.05 ped: Transfer complete! 0.05000 PED was transferred to your PED card. :(
And after that there is only 0.05 pec on card, no way to buy 501 ammo and no additional pec after sale.
Well, I'll check next week as well. Soon probably good to file a ticket just to have official answer.
Don't think he/she will. The CPSS shares pay out in a more similar fashion to CLDs than to AUDs.

AUDs pay out to the exact 1 pec or doesn't at all. I've never seen any odd pecs from them...as in if I had 20 AUDs, I will always get a number divisible by 20...eg. 20, 40, 60.

While CLDs pay out in smaller values as well. So people who hold 100 CLDs will get a closer value to the actual payout rather than one who holds 1 CLD.

Whatever happens to the "extra" pecs that is rounded off....its anyone's guess. Cause I've never had them re-compensated throughout my holding of that darn 1 CLD. :lolup:

For instance,

I will only get 3.10 peds. The missing fractions of a pec.....remains "missing and lost forever".
Oh don't worry, there's hardly any fighting at all. The flamethrowers aren't even out yet. ;)

I was just wondering what I've observed and stated, that was offending him so much, to the extent that he would have written what he wrote.

Anyway, as far as the pecs are concerned, I don't think its a display error. For as long as I've held onto my 1 CLD, I've never seen a discrepancy in payout from what was stated in -
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?219981-Calypso-Land-Deed-ROI-tracker/page220

It was always what was stated, with the remaining numbers below a pec being "chopped off".

However, knowing it was one thing...but those missing pecs never really bothered me much, so I usually shrugged them off as pecs I've "lost". :silly2:

(Btw, I do know about the PED card being able to store values less than 1 pec, but doesn't display them. However, I doubt the share center does that though...cause I've never seen it giving out values less than 1 pec and I've never noticed my share center having any "extra pecs" out of the norm either.)

CLD Payout:

Note: I have exactly 1 CLD and in the above PED flow center, you can see that the "Calypso Revenue" being paid into the balance are exact (totally no excess fractions of a pec being rolled over into my balance). Same thing for the system message paid into my PED card. Exactly 3.10000 PED. Unless you want to tell me that this system message is wrong and has "truncated" the fractions of a pec. Reference: CLD ROI Tracker

AUD Payout:

Note: I have exactly 30 AUDs and in the above PED flow center, you can see that the revenue being paid into my balance are exactly divisible by 30.

This is the reason why I made my above observation in my previous posts.

If the CPSS shares were working as stated in the official announcement, then the payout we ought to have observed would be closer to the AUD payout (as I've shown) and everyone would have gotten the same payout per share regardless of the number of shares they held. Not like the CLD payout (as what has been observed) and people who got 1000 CLD got more payout than people who held 100 CLD while people who held 1 CLD lost out the most.

And since I've never once gotten any excess pecs from my CLD payouts, thus my conclusion that he/she might have to say goodbye to his/her 0.8 pecs.

To further clarify what I meant, let say there is this hypothetical deed called ZZZ.
Total number of ZZZ deeds - 500,000
Revenue to be paid out - 123,456 PEDs
Revenue to be paid out per deed - 0.246912 PEDs

If it were to be paid out using AUD system, then...
No. of Deeds Held
PEDs Received
PEDs Received per Deed
Remaining 3,456 PEDs withheld till next payout.

If it were to be paid out using CLD system, then...
No. of Deeds HeldPEDs ReceivedPEDs Received per Deed

And at present, what we're seeing happening is that CPSS shares are using the CLD system to payout the revenue.

Last edited:
I'm not personally involved with the development of this system but I will discuss this concern with the people who are and investigate whether or not there is any issue and if not, how we can make the system more clear for players.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess the total payout is calculated for each avatar depending on the number of shares held and then rounded down to the nearst pec for that week.
Rather then round first before summing over deeds held. This makes the most sense anyway as everyone gets pay as close to the ammount owed as possible for any given week.

I'm not personally involved with the development of this system but I will discuss this concern with the people who are and investigate whether or not there is any issue and if not, how we can make the system more clear for players.

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you also look itno making these tradable before September, I imagine adding that functionality is quite simple and making an asset more liquid is always a good thing

Can you also look itno making these tradable before September, I imagine adding that functionality is quite simple and making an asset more liquid is always a good thing

@Quote|MindArk

Can you actualy look for another way of selling them other than auction ? Completely seperate em from auction because i dont want see another auction trap that make few people rich and alot people miserable . Thank you !!!

Last edited:
@Quote|MindArk

Can you actualy look for another way of selling them other than auction . Completely seperate em from auction because i dont want see another auction trap that make few people rich and alot people miserable . Thank you !!!

I'm pretty sure they are planning on having a sell button in the share centre itself. Remember in the initial announcement of the share centre they mentioned buying, selling and managing shares.

@Quote|MindArk

Can you actualy look for another way of selling them other than auction . Completely seperate em from auction because i dont want see another auction trap that make few people rich and alot people miserable . Thank you !!!

The only miserable part will be the revenue during Summer event and 2 months of eomon period, just wait :)

The only miserable part will be the revenue during Summer event and 2 months of eomon period, just wait :)

dont worry, we've already calculated that in.

Now shoo, go shoot some mobs!

We are not all blessed to run 2-3 seasonal rings find every event ! Leave us alone to be happy whit our 8 pec for a week ok :laugh:

We are not all blessed to run 2-3 seasonal rings find every event . Leave us alone to be happy whit our 8 pec for a week ok :laugh:

I am not blessed.I just open them as a result of people not buying them from me.I don't want to open them but I have too many so I guess I will find more rings from now on.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff! Buy More Deeds Next Time!

For everyone who is upset about the rounding down in the share center...

Maybe you should concern yourself with figuring out how you can buy more shares in the future.

1 pec does not equal 1 penny. 1 pec equals .1 Pennies...That is $0.001 each...

Thus, for the owners of 1 CP share, you lost a whopping $0.0008 Dollars!

I get what you are saying, but why don't you just go watch the streamer "Owlx519"...He pays out 1 pec for every 10 minutes of watch time. 50 pec just for following...boom...all of your lost pecs have miraculously reappeared...

https://www.twitch.tv/owlx519/videos

just go watch the streamer "Owlx519"...He pays out 1 pec for every 10 minutes of watch time. 50 pec just for following...boom...all of your lost pecs have miraculously reappeared...

I dont waste my time watching others playing EU when I can play EU myself in that time.

dam i missed the sale completely. ma just doesnt know people have to work to play. why the hell isn't this a webshop thing too? and when can i sell my ark moon deeds ffs?

dam i missed the sale completely. ma just doesnt know people have to work to play. why the hell isn't this a webshop thing too? and when can i sell my ark moon deeds ffs?

CP deeds could be purchased from the webshop for the whole duration of the sale.

For everyone who is upset about the rounding down in the share center...

Maybe you should concern yourself with figuring out how you can buy more shares in the future.

1 pec does not equal 1 penny. 1 pec equals .1 Pennies...That is $0.001 each...

Thus, for the owners of 1 CP share, you lost a whopping $0.0008 Dollars!

I get what you are saying, but why don't you just go watch the streamer "Owlx519"...He pays out 1 pec for every 10 minutes of watch time. 50 pec just for following...boom...all of your lost pecs have miraculously reappeared...

https://www.twitch.tv/owlx519/videos

It's the principle, some people should not be getting less than others per share, no matter how small the difference.

Well, finally I can say a bit more about shares payout system. According to this payout report post there are enough fractions already to have one additional pec in my payout (note first payout corrected from actual 11 days to one week):
Week 1: 3.70 PEC/deed = 19.25% ROI
Week 2: 2.13 PEC/deed = 11.10% ROI
Week 3: 1.68 PEC/deed = 8.74% ROI

Overall ROI: 14.03% ROI

Unfortunately my payouts were: 5, 2, and 1 pec. So there is only truncation, there is no correct rounding, and there is no personalized carry over the week. It means about 26 pec per year (0.5 pec average truncate X 52 payouts) for a single share holder like me. Not so impressive you might say. Well, it's 2.6% from share price which is quite a lot! For example in the quoted post above it will be 11.46% average not 14.03%.

But this was not the only part I want to share. Here is quote of the answer to my support case:

MA said:
In your shares account, however please see the listed decimals of 00.00, you received 00.058PED as such it was not listed but is still very much on your account.

ATM I'm still waiting them to answer my next question -- how can I see or use this allegedly received 0.8 pec, because I did not find a way to do so. Probably it's too early to say "lie, lie, lie", but I already feel this way.

Definitely I might be wrong, I might missed something, etc., so if you are single share holder and can correct me (or confirm) -- please do so, I'll appreciate :)

ATM I'm still waiting them to answer my next question -- how can I see or use this allegedly received 0.8 pec, because I did not find a way to do so. Probably it's too early to say "lie, lie, lie", but I already feel this way.

Definitely I might be wrong, I might missed something, etc., so if you are single share holder and can correct me (or confirm) -- please do so, I'll appreciate :)

One cheap way is to empty your ped card and sell sub-PEC items to the TT until your pedcard shows 1 PEC. Nova fragments will do the job, I guess. Then you will be able to tell your pedcard balance to a much higher precision.

Do this right before the next payout and extract that 1 PEC you just built, that way you will know your pedcard is at exactly 0.0000 PED. Transfer the payout and then empty your pedcard again and start selling fragments to TT until that magical 0.01 PED appears.

Remember, 1000 nova frags = 1 PEC.

Either way support confirmed that there is no loss of any amount so that's a good thing.

:)

One cheap way is to empty your ped card and sell sub-PEC items to the TT until your pedcard shows 1 PEC. Nova fragments will do the job, I guess. Then you will be able to tell your pedcard balance to a much higher precision.

Do this right before the next payout and extract that 1 PEC you just built, that way you will know your pedcard is at exactly 0.0000 PED. Transfer the payout and then empty your pedcard again and start selling fragments to TT until that magical 0.01 PED appears.

Remember, 1000 nova frags = 1 PEC.

Either way support confirmed that there is no loss of any amount so that's a good thing.

:)

Yes, I did similar manipulations as I mentioned in previous posts. There was exactly 0.05, no fractions.

Come on folks, let's not worry about tenths of pecs.

I bought 500 shares, and I've got back 29 ped roughly for 2 weeks.

But in the scheme of things it's pretty meaningless, if you need a years worth of income to cover one small hunt.

Just needs some more players to get up there and do some hunting, I'm 6k+ into 10k kreltin at mo. On a small break revenue might drop.

Rick

2018 returns were likely the highest the station had ever seen...

2018 returns were likely the highest the station had ever seen...

It wouldn't surprise me if 2018 returns were some of the best Buzz had seen, but take into consideration that 2018 was also one of the better years for MindArk in a while as well. So I would expect to see taxes up overall for several areas of the game.

If I'm just guessing here, I would think that the first few years of taxes on CP were amongst the best years ever, and likely a bit higher than 2018's. But I don't know, I'm just spitballing numbers here...

Maybe Buzz wants to clear all this up for us? :D

If I'm just guessing here, I would think that the first few years of taxes on CP were amongst the best years ever, and likely a bit higher than 2018's. But I don't know, I'm just spitballing numbers here...

That's about right. At that time and before cp used to be packed with hunters.

2018 nowhere near it's better times.

It wouldn't surprise me if 2018 returns were some of the best Buzz had seen, but take into consideration that 2018 was also one of the better years for MindArk in a while as well. So I would expect to see taxes up overall for several areas of the game.

AFAIK he declines to. But I'm nobody so he might be more willing for others.

Back