Entropia Universe 15.15.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Notice
In order to monitor performance and ensure stability of the new Version Update, the number of concurrent users will initially be limited during the first few hours of release. This restriction will gradually be relaxed throughout the day. We appreciate your patience while this important update is implemented.

Loot 2.0
Significant changes to the way in which hunting loot is calculated and distributed are being implemented in this release. Please see Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0 for full details and explanation of the changes.

Loot Changes
  • Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.
  • A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants. Bonus pool payouts will appear in the form of additional Shrapnel added to total loot, though this may be changed in a future update.
  • A new Economy rating parameter will be introduced, on a scale of 1-100, that indicates the efficiency of a tool and which influences loot calculations. Existing weapons and weapon attachments will be assigned Economy values that reflect their relative efficiency to one another and to the entire array of items in the universe.
  • Avatar skills will play a role in loot calculations and this role will be expanded in future Version Updates. Imagine new professions that offer hunting specialization opportunities and a way to incrementally increase net loot returns for dedicated and active hunters.
  • MindArk has been monitoring the community discussions concerning so-called 'loot waves' and will implement changes in the Loot 2.0 and subsequent Version Updates that will address this issue by improving the distribution of resources and items, with the goal of ensuring that loot opportunities are more interesting, dynamic and fair for all participants
  • Ammunition will be removed from hunting loot and replaced with Shrapnel. This change has been requested by many participants over the years and will assist participants in more accurately tracking their results.
  • Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted, rewarding efficient kills with more interesting loot. For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors. This system is intended to reward game knowledge, which has traditionally been an important and unique aspect of success in Entropia Universe, and to provide opportunities for participants to improve their loot returns via experimentation, optimization and specialization.

Armor Changes
  • Armor now decays significantly less per point of damage absorbed.
  • Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.
  • Armor now absorbs all incoming damage, instead of the previous 1.0 damage taken when a full hit was absorbed. Such cases are indicated by a Deflected message in the chat window.
  • Armor and armor platings now decay independently based on the amount of damage they each actually absorb, rather than both decaying as if absorbing the full amount of received damage.
  • Armor decay is now linear per point of damage absorbed, rather than increasing in cost per damage absorbed.

Features/Changes
  • Entering a public instance area as a member of a team creates a new instance that is restricted to members of the team. It is still possible to create a team with other avatars inside a public instance. Adding members to the team from outside the public instance will not allow them to join the current instance.
  • A new series of component blueprints are being introduced. The purpose of these blueprints is for skilling up and to find new blueprints. The components crafted with these are only used in this series of blueprints and will not be included in any other blueprints. These blueprints are available on all planets.
  • Two new series of limited blueprints for new limited weapons are being introduced. These blueprints are available on all planets.
  • Mindforce amplifiers have been added.

Known Issues
  • The Lifesteal effect on the Modified Restoration Chip is not working. This will be corrected in an upcoming patch.
  • Several consumable items such as Merry Mayhem Candy Canes and Halloween Candy Boxes cannot be consumed. This will be corrected in an upcoming patch.
  • The new ArMatrix crafted BLP weapons cause Burn damage instead of the intended Impact damage. This will be corrected in an upcoming patch.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=2]Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0[/h]
[*]A profession level requirement will be introduced for non-(L) armors. Meeting the required level results in the armor offering full protection at all condition values. If the profession requirement is not met, armor works as before, with protection decreasing relative to condition.

Originally Posted Here

is the armor update functional yet?

It seems it is not, since my UL armor is not offering full protection while unrepaired.

Last edited:
Epiccccccc.....

Mayhem Candy Canes are not working.
No option to consume them

is the armor update functional yet?

It seems it is not, since my UL armor is not offering full protection while unrepaired.

That change is not listed in the VU notes, but other changes are listed. Possibly the skill requirement thing will be rolled out later.

Armor Changes

Armor now decays significantly less per point of damage absorbed.

Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.

Armor now absorbs all incoming damage, instead of the previous 1.0 damage taken when a full hit was absorbed. Such cases are indicated by a Deflected message in the chat window.

Armor and armor platings now decay independently based on the amount of damage they each actually absorb, rather than both decaying as if absorbing the full amount of received damage.

Armor decay is now linear per point of damage absorbed, rather than increasing in cost per damage absorbed.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/release-notes/

Ludwig MA , i think this is a little bit not working properly , how that a lvl 0 weapon has economy 57 ?
a lvl 50 gun same economy ?

wow..

i'm looking forward to go home afterwork..

cheers all

life steal on mod resto isnt working :(

[Merry Mayhem Candy Cane] can no longer be consumed... ;p

[*] Entering a public instance area as a member of a team creates a new instance that is restricted to members of the team. It is still possible to create a team with other avatars inside a public instance. Adding members to the team from outside the public instance will not allow them to join the current instance.

Does this mean for example the various cave instances, everyone gets their own?

Can't wait to get the work done and go home :)

looking forward to UL MF amps... can anyone confirm that they are UL?

dpp on them will be above 3.0? :D

MF ERA is comming :D
Too bad it does not influence HP

Loot calculations will be optimized and improved to better factor in the various costs associated with hunting activity, including: healing, ammo consumption, buffs, tool and armor deterioration, attachments, and more.

Bull (cough)

so, we all hoped that magically all loot will increase.
But what I now slowly start to feel is loot in general will decrease, unless you have the right skill, matched with the right weapon, for the right mob.
In all other cases you're fucked.

As more factors will influence loot, that means that you need to be able to control all those factor, and if you can't you're fucked.

Remember, MA will not lose money. For all those who found that magic combination, others will have to pay.

Starting to feel bad already....:scratch2:

Starting to feel bad already....:scratch2:
All about perspective. Also, we have no idea what the implications of the changes really are yet, but how is it bad to reward people for playing in a logical fashion? The new way in which things are set up rewards people for playing the right way, while at the same time, discouraging loopholes and exploits. This is a good thing!

MF amp :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:
For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors.

how could you not make SCANNING a factor here?!?!

My bet is there will be a few drops of MF amps in some rare loots, and the Migration goal this year is to flood the system with MF amps right away.

Just my prediction with the way I seen things happen in the past :p

For optimal loot, it will be important to avoid inefficiencies such as low damage output compared to creature health, excessive time and cost to kill, overkill damage, unmaxed weapons and other factors.

nothing new here.

I still fail to see how my choice of weapon or skill should affect the loot per mob.

loot should be mob based.
cost to kill should be skill/weapon based.

So your return is indeed based on skill/weapon, but the loot per mob should be fixed.
a 900 hp mob should give on average 2,7 ped return.
The cost to kill it should be around 3 ped (with 3 dpp).

If I have that eco 3 dpp setup I would get that 90% return average.
If I have an un-eco setup my return would be lower as it will cost more to kill the same mob. But the mob loot should not change.

At least, thats how I see it :scratch2:

So, what is some uber hunter take his low level gun, (which is maxed by all parameters), and he go hunt kerberos? he will have increased loot compared to others? he will not be able to lose? Or what?

Just questioning

Back