Halp with Tracker Screenshots

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
I think I may have asked for help with this a year ago... but I can't be certain, and I thought I had it figured out..

Anyways, all of my screenshots of globals/hofs lack the "swirls"... I just get 2 golden dots and a big ball of yellow below my avatar. I've checked this on two computers, as well as altered the screenshot delay times from 100m all the way up to 700ms with no avail.

When i see tracker screenshots from other players, their's are never like this.

I'll post a couple of screens for examples:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top is from laptop, bottom is from desktop
My only screenshot of a hof that has the swirls is from 2 years ago lol

Taking any ideas and suggestions at this point, obviously not a game-breaking problem, but if I ever ATH or something, I don't want a garbage SS of it.

Dang, sucks the delay didn't work for you. I don't know if it would do anything, but on my EU shortcut properties on the compatibility tab I ticked disable visual themes and disable desktop composition. It might be worth a try, not sure if its related at all. I did that when I was having trouble with windows giving me black screenshots of EU. Good luck!

Looks like you have max settings perhaps? I have noticed when my settings are higher that the globals fire slower, as it seems they have more detail to render.
If I remember right, the global image is fired as the global sound file is triggered.

So perhaps try lowering resolution and see if any change? not sure how this could be remedied if 700ms is the max, though maybe 1000 or 1.2 might be better if that isnt max.

Looks like you have max settings perhaps? I have noticed when my settings are higher that the globals fire slower, as it seems they have more detail to render.
If I remember right, the global image is fired as the global sound file is triggered.

So perhaps try lowering resolution and see if any change? not sure how this could be remedied if 700ms is the max

Settings on the top picture are all medium/high - mostly medium

bottom picture are maxed out very high 1440p 4x msaa

Maybe it has something to do with my sound settings then?

The top picture is the timer set at 700ms, I'm worried setting it any later will be too late, but I'll try 1000ms as an experiment.

Edit: Maybe it's a frame-rate problem? I don't limit frames, so top picture is ~90fps, and bottom picture is between 140-170fps (144hz monitor)

Further edit: These are at two different locations, with different ISPs and internet speed, so I think it's something I'm doing or a setting I use..

Update:

Went to try and force some globals/hofs in hell...

Seems changing compatibility mode to windows XP and setting the timer to 900ms has worked for globals.
We'll see about hofs if I can manage to grind another one of those out

Back