Konve's insane mining

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
This is the sister replica of a thread I made over on EF a few hours ago.

Why am I copying it here? Because I will get more views. :rolleyes:

Why did I make it on EF? Because if it turns as sour as I think it might, there will be an MA official nearby to answer for it.

Right, here goes. Update 1 inc in a minute.

Grand total:

Incomes
Total TT: 3127.4 PED

Spendings
Bombs: 6000
Decay: 121.03 PED
Total: 6121.03 PED

# Globals: 3

TT Result: -2993,63 PED
TT Return: 51.09 %

Notes: I deny the existence of probes. Market value doesn't enter into this log. I will try to not as much as look at a mob while doing this, as well as not crafting anything or in any way perform some action which could screw with the TT return %.

Last edited:
Run #1

Incomes:
Belkar 101.44
Caldorite 53.04
Gazzurdite 35.50
Iolite 12.00
Gold 2.00
Total: 203.98 PED

Spendings:
Bombs (I deny the existence of probes) 1000
Decay 19.76
Total: 1019.76 PED

Short summary:

TT return: 20 %

Of note:
Finder went from T3.1 to T3.4. 254 skill gains. Had one global ~70 PED belk. Found 34 Bombardo - sadly this treasure wasn't enough to cover the 800 PED loss. If it goes on like this, I will do one or two more runs in all.

did you drop these 10m apart?

Looks on the decay as you where unamped... Maybe try with amp?

Run #1

Incomes:
Belkar 101.44
Caldorite 53.04
Gazzurdite 35.50
Iolite 12.00
Gold 2.00
Total: 203.98 PED

Spendings:
Bombs (I deny the existence of probes) 1000
Decay 19.76
Total: 1019.76 PED

Short summary:

TT return: 20 %

Of note:
Finder went from T3.1 to T3.4. 254 skill gains. Had one global ~70 PED belk. Found 34 Bombardo - sadly this treasure wasn't enough to cover the 800 PED loss. If it goes on like this, I will do one or two more runs in all.

Is that 1000 ped worth.. or 1000 probes. The probes are not 1 ped each like before.. so your total cost is off a bit if thats the case.

SpikE

:D .too short,gl

Interesting, what manner of insane are you using here? That's some impressively low returns!

did you drop these 10m apart?

I just checked, it's more like 7 meters at the rate I can walk.

Looks on the decay as you where unamped... Maybe try with amp?

Unamped, yes. Amped like this? Well, give me an UL amp and a million PED for bankroll, then sure. :cool:

Is that 1000 ped worth.. or 1000 probes. The probes are not 1 ped each like before.. so your total cost is off a bit if thats the case.

SpikE

1 bomb = 1 PED ( = 20 probes, though they don't exist).

Interesting, what manner of insane are you using here? That's some impressively low returns!

As some may or may not have deduced - I am walking and using the toggle Auto-Use tool. The theory is that, given enough hits the system will repay you for your TT losses. I got a bit irritated with the markup on amps so I thought;
bomb = 1 PED, amp = 2 ped decay. 3 bombs = 3 PED... Why not just drop more bombs and get the same result?*

*granted, if you have the budget you could drop a lot of bombs amped as well, but if the theory is true, you need to spend a Lot before getting it back.

Keep in mind that, if the system payout is 90 % TT and I can sell my ores for an average of 120 % - I profit about 8 PEC per bomb dropped. That is... so long as the theory holds true. :dunce:

Given that info awsome test, keep up the good work and see which theory holds truth.

Given that info awsome test, keep up the good work and see which theory holds truth.

The problem is I think globals come determined by how many finds you find, not how many bombs you dropped to find it (as opposed to the size of the global, which would be determined more or less by how many bombs you dropped to find it). In the past I have gone for 2000 bombs while mining "as usual" and not getting a global (unamped). If I was to hit a streak like that I'd need to drop about 20000 bombs before getting anything back. Looking at how run #2 is doing right now, run #3 might have to be normal mining, in an attempt to pierce the bubble and get a global.

As some may or may not have deduced - I am walking and using the toggle Auto-Use tool. The theory is that, given enough hits the system will repay you for your TT losses.

Hehe, certainly an insane test, very courageous :D

Look forward to the rest of the results.

I'm with you on the non-existence of probes btw ;)

Run #2

Incomes:
Belkar 66.14
Caldorite 72.76
Gazzurdite 39.00
Total: 177.90 PED

Spendings:
Bombs 1000
Decay 12.44
Total: 1012.44 PED

TT result: -834.54 PED
TT return: 17.57 %

Of note: 239 skillgains.

Last edited:
Walking and using auto-toggle mode?! thats insane IMO.

I sugest you to start to run if you not at FOMA....

Anyway good luck with your project, i bet you ll need it alote!

Walking and using auto-toggle mode?! thats insane IMO.

I sugest you to start to run if you not at FOMA....

Well, the idea is to get a terrible return and then see if a corrective HoF appears at some point. Could be an expensive experiment if a fixed return rate is not guaranteed though.

Well, the idea is to get a terrible return and then see if a corrective HoF appears at some point. Could be an expensive experiment if a fixed return rate is not guaranteed though.

Yep i understand the point of the op, still a bit crazy. Is like shooting in the air for 2h and then go to hunt longtooth with the hope of get the ammo fired trough the air back in the LT loot. lol

Yep i understand the point of the op, still a bit crazy. Is like shooting in the air for 2h and then go to hunt longtooth with the hope of get the ammo fired trough the air back in the LT loot. lol

Sure. But it's an interesting test. I have had people suggest to me they have dropped bombs on the spot for hours and then later got a corrective HoF. I've never seen a properly documented test though so it'll be interesting to see if Konve gets a correction loot.

Problem is it's pretty expensive to test if the theory is wrong, otherwise I'd give it a go myself.

My guess is, it wont work.

good luck with your project :p may i suggest u try it on FOMA i think u might have more luck there as the claims are between shorter distance and atleast people autodrop there and its more viable than planet atleast in my opinion

I'm a strong believer of your theory as well. But i totally don't have the guts to try it out myself. After all it might 10k-20k bombs to even out *shivers*.

I'm a strong believer of your theory as well. But i totally don't have the guts to try it out myself. After all it might 10k-20k bombs to even out *shivers*.

Something like that if you keep at it. I don't have that much money however so sooner rather then later I have to start mining normally to try and save the situation. :dunce:

(Well, very soon actually.)

good luck with your project :p may i suggest u try it on FOMA i think u might have more luck there as the claims are between shorter distance and atleast people autodrop there and its more viable than planet atleast in my opinion

But that's not really the idea of the test. The aim is to do deliberately badly to see if the system will give a correction loot.

Run #3

Incomes:
Belkar 38.50
Caldorite 145.01
Gazzurdite 67.00
Total: 250.51

Spendings:
Bombs 1000
Decay 11.89
Total: 1011.89

TT result: -761.38 PED
TT return: 24.76 %

Of note: 1 global (72 PED cald). Forgot to record skillgains for the first 100 bombs, so no such figure. Found 70 haimoros and 78 papplon. My best run so far. :scratch2:

GL with the test mate ... if i get this right the most extreme version would be stand still buy 20k bombs or more and wait for ath? :D

gl with the test. :) I think it will work to a certain point but not to the normal 90% tt return. To get to that you would need to play a bit smarter. ^^ After all it has been said officially that if you play smart you get higher returns. So that could possibly mean tt returns too.

GL with the test mate ... if i get this right the most extreme version would be stand still buy 20k bombs or more and wait for ath? :D

Indeed. Or lots of smaller uberloots.

I think it will work to a certain point but not to the normal 90% tt return. To get to that you would need to play a bit smarter.

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say the same.

Thanks for this great info :)

I've stopped testing this after having lost about 2k PED (4K enmatter drops times back). The experiment was different as I was not running at all. Hit rate was close to zero. My assumption was similar. Area will payback, but this was not the case.

Grand total:

Spendings:
Bombs: 3000
TT Result: -2411.70 PED
TT Return: 20.77 %

Can you check if your hit rate is close to 2.5%?

Last edited:
Back