Merry Mayhem 2013

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Join the Mayhem!!

It’s time once again for Planet Calypso’s annual winter hunting extravaganza - Merry Mayhem! This year’s event features an additional category for avatars with profession levels of 100+, an improved scoring system and some exciting new prizes!

Running for 23 days over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, Merry Mayhem is among the most exciting and popular events in all of Entropia Universe.

So grab your best gear and join in the Mayhem!

Event Dates
  • Dec. 20, 00:00:01 UTC - The Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC in Minopolis becomes active, participants can accept the event mission(s).
  • Dec 20, 16:00:00 UTC - Event begins. Kills of creatures within the Merry Mayhem instances now award points, and time spent in the instances now counts toward the 30-hour average score calculation, as well as the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement.
  • Jan 12, 23:59:59 UTC - Event ends.
  • Jan 31 - Event results announced.
  • Feb 7 - Participants can turn in the mission to the Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC and receive their Merry Mayhem diploma.
Mission NPC & Instance Gates
The Merry Mayhem Mission NPC and instance gates are located in Minopolis, at the following map coordiates: (87500, 85110).

Registration
You can register for the event by accepting one or both of the Merry Mayhem missions offered by the Merry Mayhem Mission Broker NPC in Minopolis. Registration opens on December 20 and will remain open until the event ends. Note that there are two separate missions: one for the solo event and one for the team event.

***IMPORTANT*** Do not abandon the missions! If you abandon a Merry Mayhem mission, all event points accumulated up to that time will be forfeit. Support cannot restore points lost due to abandoning one of the Merry Mayhem Missions.

Participation
When you accept the mission, you will automatically be placed in the appropriate category and will receive a stack of instance gate keys, each of which provides one hour of hunting time in the associated Merry Mayhem instance.

The Merry Mayhem Mission NPC will provide you with 500 keys for the solo event and 500 keys for the team event which will be flagged with your particular category. While the solo keys only allow you to enter the instance category specified in the item name, you can use the team keys to enter instances above your assigned level as well. Points are earned by killing special Merry Mayhem creatures found inside the instances.

Categories
Merry Mayhem offers several different competition categories to accommodate participants of varying profession levels. Participants will be sorted into one of the following five categories upon accepting one of the Merry Mayhem missions.
  • Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24
  • Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49
  • Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69
  • Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70-99
  • Category 5: Professional Standing 100+
Note: If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your allotted keys.

Creatures
Solo Category Creatures
  • Category 1 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,1), Yulebot (S,1)
  • Category 2 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2), Yulebot (S,2)
  • Category 3 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,3), Yulebot (S,3)
  • Category 4 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,4), Yulebot (S,4)
  • Category 5 Solo: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (S,5), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,5), Yulebot (S,5)
Team Category Creatures
  • Category 1 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,1), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,1), Yulebot (T,1)
  • Category 2 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,2), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,2), Yulebot (T,2)
  • Category 3 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,3), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,3), Yulebot (T,3)
  • Category 4 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,4), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,4), Yulebot (T,4)
  • Category 5 Team: Merry Mayhem Kerberos (T,5), Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (T,5), Yulebot (T,5)
Based on feedback from last year’s event, all of the Merry Mayhem creatures have been rebalanced in relation to their respective event point values.

Scoring
Event points are earned based upon the type of creature killed:
  • 1 Point - Merry Mayhem Kerberos
  • 2 Points - Merry Mayhem Araneatrox
  • 10 Points - Yulebot
A new scoring method is in place for this year's Merry Mayhem that will greatly minimize the impact of client crashes or server issues on the event results.

Final event scores will be calculated based on hourly point averages to derive each participant's 30-hour normalized event score.

This scoring method removes the need for participants to track time spent in the instances (beyond meeting the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, described below), removes the risk of participants being inadvertently disqualified from the event for time reasons, and allows all participants to hunt as much as desired in the Merry Mayhem instances without giving an unfair advantage to those who are able to hunt for many, many hours.

Example
  • Avatar A - Point total: 4000, Hours : 32, Hourly point average: 125, 30-hour normalized score: 3750
  • Avatar B - Point total: 8600, Hours: 72, Hourly point average: 119.44, 30-hour normalized score: 3583.33
In this example, Avatar A would place higher in the final results, even though Avatar B has more total points.

Highest Single Loot Bonus - The participant who scores the highest single loot on each of the various Merry Mayhem creatures outlined above will receive a 25% boost to their final 30-hour normalized score!

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the participants that achieve the highest 30-hour normalized scores within each category.

***IMPORTANT*** A participant must complete at least 30 hours in the assigned Merry Mayhem instance in order to qualify for winning a prize.

Event Prizes - Solo Categories
Category 1 Solo
1. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
2. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
3. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Isis Project Zero Three
4. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
5. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
11. Isis Project Zero-Three
12. Hedoc Mayhem + 10 x Loot Collection Pills
25. 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L) + 10 x Loot Collection Pills

Category 2 Solo
1. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
2. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
3. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
11. CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
25. 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L) + 10 x Loot Collection Pills

Category 3 Solo
1. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. MM Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Emik Enigma L4
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
11. Emik Enigma L4
25. 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L) + 10 x Loot Collection Pills

Category 4 Solo
1. MM Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. MM Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton M83 Predator
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
11. Omegaton M83 Predator
25. 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L) + 10 x Loot Collection Pills

Category 5 Solo
1. MM Footguards + Modified Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. MM Footguards + Modified Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. MM Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + DOA Slugstorm
4. MM Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
11. DOA Slugstorm
25. 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L) + 10 x Loot Collection Pills

Event Prizes - Team Categories
Category 1 Team
1. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
2. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
3. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Isis Project Zero Three
4. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
5. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
11. Isis Project Zero-Three

Category 2 Team
1. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
2. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
3. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
11. CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.I

Category 3 Team
1. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Hedoc Mayhem + Emik Enigma L4
6. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 5 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
7. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 4 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
8. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 3 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
9. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 2 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
10. 1 x Calypso Land Deed + 1 x Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
11. Emik Enigma L4

Category 4 Team
1. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton M83 Predator
11. Omegaton M83 Predator

Category 5 Team
1. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Modified Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
2. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Modified Hedoc Mayhem + Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
3. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Improved Hedoc Mayhem + DOA Slugstorm
4. Merry Mayhem Footguards + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
11. DOA Slugstorm

Prize Item Statistics
Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
Increased Critical Hit Chance: 1%

Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
Increased Critical Hit Chance: 2%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
Increased Critical Damage: 10%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
Increased Critical Damage: 20%

Loughlin Master M-Amp I (L)
Damage: 2
Attachment Deterioration: 3%

Loughlin Master M-Amp II (L)
Damage: 4
Attachment Deterioration: 6%

Loughlin Master M-Amp III (L)
Damage: 6
Attachment Deterioration: 9%

Loughlin Master M-Amp IV (L)
Damage: 8
Attachment Deterioration: 12%

Loot Collection Pill
Duration: 60 minutes

Rules & Notes
The solo category events are intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Do not abandon the Merry Mayhem missions! If you abandon one of the event missions for any reason, intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever and will not be included in your final event score. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.

***IMPORTANT*** A participant must complete at least 30 hours in the assigned Merry Mayhem instance in order to qualify for winning a prize.

For the Highest Single Loot (HSL) score bonus, if the participant who achieves the HSL on one of the Merry Mayhem creatures does not meet the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, the next highest loot for the creature in question will be considered. And so on, until a prize-eligible participant is awarded the HLS score bonus.

Happy Holidays and Merry Mayhem!!
The Planet Calypso Team

Merry Mayhem 2013 Event Page

Originally Posted Here

So how does work laser and scope exactly ?

Seems MA really wants the drop the value of mayhem faps with the prizes this year.. New scopes are interesting, but shitty L melee amps? Really? At least make them UL.

The scoring system is very nice, Congratulations MA, one question though:

if I participate more then 30 hours and I have crashes in 2-3 hours, will you average my points based on the hours when I didn't crashed?

Or will you only take only my highest 30 hours from all I've played?

Noticed that you MUST do at least 30 hours in the instances, or else you do not qualify. Wonder how many are gonna be mad when they don't win because they only spent 29 hours?

Nice rules :) would have been fun to see bigger and better melee amps but other than that this is great :)

Noticed that you MUST do at least 30 hours in the instances, or else you do not qualify. Wonder how many are gonna be mad when they don't win because they only spent 29 hours?

Lol. Trying to find problems where there are none? Do 31-32hours like I'm sure everyone will just to be sure it's counting.

The scoring system is very nice, Congratulations MA, one question though:

if I participate more then 30 hours and I have crashes in 2-3 hours, will you average my points based on the hours when I didn't crashed?

Or will you only take only my highest 30 hours from all I've played?

I states average hourly score for ALL hours in the instance, multiplied by 30...

So, if you have 7000 points, were in for a total of 70 hours... then your hourly average is 100, multiply that by 30, and your final score is 3000

yeah, figured that, was hoping to only count the highest 30 hours of all, that would have been even greater because Crashes would have had no impact:)

As is, crashes will still reduce your average score

Lol. Trying to find problems where there are none? Do 31-32hours like I'm sure everyone will just to be sure it's counting.

Actually, it could be a problem, if people do not read the rules properly. I know I won a team prize last year, when my soc m8's and I just decided to have some fun hunting, and I did not even try to complete all 30 of the team keys last year.

So, yeah... again, if ppl do not read the fine print, then they will be mad they didn't win a prize.

If only you guys would be equally good at getting bugs fixed etc.

Looks all very nice and am glad that the prices aren't massive as they had been. I too would like to know how the calculations are going to be affected if I crash ... (especially if you crash after just a few minutes and be counted for an hour, that would really ruin the average score of a player imo)

Angel

How does system count hours? If i remember correctly this system was 'very hard to implement'.

So is it number of keys used?
Or actual time spent inside instance?

Let's say i score 100 points in my first hour.
During second key, just after entering I will crash/lose connection.
Will my average score be now 50??

Based on Halloween mayhem, I think MA can keep track of our total time spent in instances

So in the end they will add that up, split it in hours and then divide the total points by that

The only thing you loose when you crash are those 20 seconds log-off time ( I think)

Please clarify MA

well, now I gotta think very very hard if i wanna participate in cat 3 team. I been planning it until now very seriously. but i'm not gonna cycle 250-300k peds or so and get a price worth 25k at best, i'm almost certain to loose (yeah yeah i might loot something nice... w/e)

Really suprised to see this...

also highest single loot bonus .... wtf??!

Regards

Last edited:
I have a question.

For example...

If I spend 30 hours in team category 4 instances and 30 hours in team category 5 instances, would those 60 hours be averaged and the points counted towards category 4? Or would the hours be averaged separately and I could in theory win both team categories 4 and 5?

Last edited:
Highest Single Loot Bonus

Really? Doesn't that person already kinda win?

I like the other changes though! We don't have to track time! Awesome! Or obsess over crashes. Good solutions indeed! Great prizes too.

I have a question.

For example...

If I spend 30 hours in team category 4 instances and 30 hours in team category 5 instances, would those 60 hours be averaged and the points counted towards category 4? Or would the hours be averaged seperately and I could in theory win both team categores 4 and 5?

no. If that was the case the event would be totally broken. You gonna compete this year Xen?

Come on, they could give all participant a pill or two as reward.

no. If that was the case the event would be totally broken. You gonna compete this year Xen?

No to which? :)

Not competing (work), just thought that should be clarified (or I just misunderstood the rules).

Interesting rules but not really keen on the Highest Single Loot bonus. I was hoping for a couple more prizes lower down the list to tempt me to enter though :(

Last edited:
Note: If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your allotted keys.

Indeed, will not be able to enter ANY Team instance, or only the ones above ?

Also does this apply to Solo?

Like Xen said, what if I spend 29 hours in cat 2 (making more points) and final hour in Cat 3 (less points)

My average will be pretty high for Cat3 if that will count towards final result

Will this be the case? Hope not!

Team Rules Very Much Unclear

The Merry Mayhem 2013 rules for teams seem very much unclear to me. :eyecrazy:

For starters, I’d like to know:

* Does the 30 hour time requirement apply to teams also? If so, how do you count hours?

* Does it suffice that a team under the same name spends 30 hours in the instances, regardless of the players participating? Can different players participate under one and the same team name?

* Is it allowed, e.g., that two teams with the same name, consisting of different players, be in instances at the same time? And does the results of those two teams then count as one team result?

* Could players be part of two or more teams in Merry Mayhem 2013?

* Are teams bound to the same Category for the 30 hour time requirement (if there is that requirement)?

* Is it allowed that teams under different names consisting of exactly the same players participate?

Last edited:
The Merry Mayhem 2013 rules for teams seem very much unclear to me. :eyecrazy:

For starters, I’d like to know:

* Does the 30 hour time requirement apply to teams also? If so, how do you count hours?

* Does it suffice that a team under the same name spends 30 hours in the instances, regardless of the players participating? Can different players participate under one and the same team name?

* Could players be part of two or more teams in Merry Mayhem 2013?

* Are teams bound to the same Category for the 30 hour time requirement (if there is that requirement)?

* Is it allowed that teams under different names consisting of exactly the same players participate?

Team names don't matter, whoever does the most damage to a mob gets the points.

Congratz Terminator & imp doa t8(again, u are very much loved this year!) n this time u can borrow it to more people due to extended competition.
Dont worry if you dont got enough time to borrow it to all ur friend group, ma will extend one more week, so no need to rush.

Crappy useless tt worth melee amp as prizes really?????????

I would imagine...

Indeed, will not be able to enter ANY Team instance, or only the ones above ?

Also does this apply to Solo?

Like Xen said, what if I spend 29 hours in cat 2 (making more points) and final hour in Cat 3 (less points)

My average will be pretty high for Cat3 if that will count towards final result

Will this be the case? Hope not!

...your points are specifically attributed to each category...so if you played 29 hours in cat 2 and 1 hour in cat 3...you would be DQ because you did not do 30 hours total in any category...the option to 'category up' is merely that an option to play up if you want...so to you the cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 points are some numerical value that is comparable between categories but to the system they are a, b, c, d, e....and not cross compatible...

Brick

Team names don't matter, whoever does the most damage to a mob gets the points.

Huh?

I was always under the impression, avatars participate in Solo Mayhem, teams participate in Team Mayhem?

Is, what you’re saying, that whenever I enter a Mayhem instance as part of a team, regardless of the team, I get personal Mayhem team points, and that is what counts in the end? :scratch2:

Huh?

I was always under the impression, avatars participate in Solo Mayhem, teams participate in Team Mayhem?

Is, what you’re saying, that whenever I enter a Mayhem instance as part of a team, regardless of the team, I get personal Mayhem team points, and that is what counts in the end? :scratch2:

If you notice in past Mayhems, avatar names win the team events, not team names.

Interesting rules but not really keen on the Highest Single Loot bonus. I was hoping for a couple more prizes lower down the list to tempt me to enter though :(

why do you want more prizes? the one they want to reward again and again dont need more prizes

One very serious question I still have:

Can I as a natural Cat 3 hunter (below lvl 70 highest prof) participate as a main hunter in cat 4?

so say i play 30 hours in cat 4 and earn all my points there. Am i eligible for a price in cat 4?

Regards
Thark

Back