CamelTrophy III - 440+ peds for grabs, one winner

Camelman

Provider
Society
Groene Draeck
Bastian "CamelMan" deGreijze
FinishFlag.gif

:: Information for CamelTrophy contestants registered on www.groenedraeck.com ::

You have been working your ass off, battling through the sand dunes and dangerous
environments that formed the first six heats of the 3rd Camel Trophy.. sweat lays on
your shoulders, tears are pushing for a way out of your eyes.. You feel great, this has
been a true calypso challenge asking the most of your survival skills

..and now you are waiting for The Grand News, The Liberating Message..

The long awaited CamelTrophy Grand Jury '6 Heats Result' leading to the Finals Entry!!

sweating.png

well.. it's coming soon!!
We heard rumors of the Jury going public with the list of contestants within days!
Keep checking your emailbox (not pm) for that CT06 Results mail, and possibly, your invitation to
the 7th heat, the UberFinal of Finals, the way to claim your CamelTrophy 2006!!

As a hint: Finals will be held on Calypso soil, a few days after you get invitation.
Only contestants that are on the planet and able to visit the Finals Location can win..

You get tired of waiting? Hang in there! As a comfort we can inform you now
THE PRIZE HAS GONE ^ UP ^ IN VALUE !!
Our dear GD|Wolf donated an extra 20 ped + Breer M1a (L) gun!

So you might be looking at YOUR 420ped+gun soon! :eek:

more on this topic soon..

ctiii.jpg

* keep checking those emailboxes * keep donating * keep supporting Groene Draeck *

(Wanna join? sorry, this events entry is closed. The Finals will be a private contestant-only invitation.
Know what?: Join us next year!)

CamelTrophy III update

Adam Nebu Jackyll
Beck The Tiger Johnson
Paul Steven Alex "Paolo" Wilford
Andrew Ender Wiggin
Steffel Earthquake Zermatscher
Poseidon Thor Artic
Sinappipää Snap Pwneri
Jarek CvX Cvoxs
Jim Jimbo Steinman
Jan Phoenix Lid
Eric Madkiller Hunter
Radinis Rad Teron
Wu 'Shinobi C' Takashi
Stefan Transporter Wallington
Sinful DevAng Angel
Praug Praugster Redbear

should have received a return email with instructions how to reach the Finals.
They were the only ones that completed the first 6 heats succesfully.
The 7th final heat starts next Friday, February 17th.

Other contestants not mentioned here made one or more mistakes, and got an email too.

More information and screenshots follow in this thread later..

correction

Due to a mistake :whistle: with MS Excel the next contestants are proven to have finished the first 6 heats with good results as well..

They have received their email with final instructions today.

Yanyx Nyx Malentendus
Joske Ghosty Vermeulen
Al Magam Gambe

Sorry!

are tp chips allowed ? btw im Beck The Tiger Johnson

Where and when is it?
I didnt get any mail...

I think he said the contest Is already closed... ? and to come back next year

mikah if u look at chielsen's ingame name(enter his profile) you will see that he's one of the competitors

am i off an hour/day or has the time when the post @ 20:30 MA time already passed by like 15 min? is my refresh not really refreshing? i live in US central gmt -6

-Ender

Last edited:
yes i must be a day off, well good luck to all, i unforntunatly won't be about to make it due to valentine's day "activities" with my girlfriend, who recently purchased this outfit: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...vent=display&prnbr=US-181756&size=L&rfnbr=424 for the occasion. Chance for fame fortune vs. sure thing with girlfriend = girlfriend wins....

plus im noob with but like 7 or 8 tp's know only about a 1/100th fo eudoria like the back of my hand, unlike the rest of you who prolly have all tp's tp chips and know the lay of land like i knew your mom last night... so i had very small chances...

again good luck to all

-Ender

Ender said:
[...] have all tp's tp chips and know the lay of land like i knew your mom last night... [...]

Doesn't this mean what I think it means, right?! :eek:

And, btw, gratz on your GF's choice ;)
P.

i think you wont have advantage from tp chips, i think the contest is designed independend from skills or equipment. all you need is brain and knowledge :)
good luck and i will pk you all

steffel said:
[...] good luck and i will pk you all
Good luck you too steffel...

BTW, don't tell anybody but I've got a tip for you: the final contactperson is located on Amethera, approx coords (12700, 5000)... just go there now, and wait for the man to login... And yes, you can pk us all while you wait there! :p

don't listen to him he's pulling your leg ! :laugh:

Well...

Who won?

Ender said:
...all tp's tp chips and know the lay of land like i knew your mom last night...

Paolo said:
Doesn't this mean what I think it means, right?! :eek:

this means....

Paolo..... I AM YOUR FATHER...

p.s. this is obvious, cause you hunt like a day old noob :laugh:

it ends tonight...at midnight,
lol that sounds familiar :D

Unfortunately, I have holidays currently, and the connection I have here is, well, its not good for PE, it would take a week just to download it :( so I am out.
But I wish good luck to all the other contestants, and may the best win.

i am sorry to hear that nebu, but there will be other events for you to participate in when you come back from your vacation. good luck :) :naughty:

oh well...I was really looking forward this competition, unfortunately, I have to work tonight. Ill wait for next years competition.

Good Luck to all participants!! May the force be with U all :laugh:

I also don't think I'll be able to be online at the time of the contest :(

Good luck to eveybody else none the less :)

countdown-klein.gif

..less then an hour to go

..the codeword that finalists need to start their last run will be published here at 20.30GMT..

And I'm leaving home in about 10 minutes :'( lol

Gratz on a great competition and I hope everybody has a lot of fun there :)

chielsen said:
Where and when is it?
I didnt get any mail...

mail was sent to your @znmail.nl

a pm with text has been sent too.. 10 minutes left..

pm sent phoenix, 7 minutes till codeword..

codeword 1

the codeword is.. GDCT_CLUE1

and we're off. First ten that find the first contact, will get the second codeword.
The second codeword pasted into the private message you got earlier, will bring you to the finish.

gogogo!! :D

Gratz to winner!

Too bad i didn't get any mail and had no chance of participating in this one, was excited whole week :(

end winner

The winner was CvX !!
(lying on floor)
CTF3_GROUP.jpg

He was the first to reach the finishline and got the full prize (420peds + gun + GSI).
Many GroeneDraeck members welcomed him there 9 minutes after the start.

Grats!!

All the right answers are found in the CamelTrophy III news item (page 4)
http://groenedraeck.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=3

and more pictures are found on GroeneDraecks Gallery!
http://groenedraeck.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=35&catid=7&PageNo=1

You'll find images like..

the second codeword unlocked this image, that lead to the finish:
GR33NDR4G0N5.jpg

Some people got late:
CTF_LATE.jpg

and we'll never forget the face of
second place Praugster:
CTF_2ND.jpg

Thanks CvX, Praugster, Earthquake, Paolo, Phoenix, Rad and Transporter!

Till next years CamelTrophy !

Grtz,
GroeneDraeck

Last edited:
i couldn't manage to make it on time, because i got stuck in the lag in PA, but gratz all you other contestants and see you next year !:)

CamelTrophy2006 winning ceremony and party ;)

frisca2004 said:
i couldn't manage to make it on time, because i got stuck in the lag in PA, but gratz all you other contestants and see you next year !:)
Yup, lag in PA blocked me for like 5 full mins... but then the stylish trickish confusing deviating CamelMan's tricky trick of picturing the bridge backwards (tip #1, absolutely great!) draw me completely offroad! :p

Congratulations to (in random order):

• CamelMan for having organized such and entertaining event!
  • CvX for winning it!
  • All the donators and all the members of the GroeneDraeck society! who contributed (time and effort involved)
  • All the other partecipants! For us, better luck next year ;)
Don't know about others, but I've been so happy to have partecipated and finished my heats that I've even donated myself a FAP-5 to the brave winner! Hope it helps you a bit, CvX! ;)

Well, here's a couple screenshots of the party in Hadesheim Bar, kindly offered by Kemp!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

See you next year, guys... you'll eat my dust then! :p
P.

Last edited:
Back