Rules for selling or buying items

Sheila

Guardian
Society
germansurvivalartists.at
Sheila Sheila Moody
I hope I'm in the right forum...

In other forums you have sorta little rules for the selling and buying, which make it loads easier to get an overview.

One rule I personally think is completely missing, that is to change the subject, when items are sold or auction is over.

I would like to suggest the following, maybe you can tell me what you think about it and maybe rules could be implemented...

Abbreviations:

S: for selling
A: for auction
B: for buying
[sold]: If the item or items in the thread habe been sold or the auction is over, ie "[sold] A: Many items from storage"

If items are on auction you have to suggest an ending time, otherwise imho it is not an auction.

Ok, these were my ideas, I hope you like it or maybe you have more. :)

Sheila said:
I hope I'm in the right forum...

In other forums you have sorta little rules for the selling and buying, which make it loads easier to get an overview.

One rule I personally think is completely missing, that is to change the subject, when items are sold or auction is over.

I would like to suggest the following, maybe you can tell me what you think about it and maybe rules could be implemented...

Abbreviations:

[sold]: If the item or items in the thread habe been sold or the auction is over, ie "[sold] A: Many items from storage"

If items are on auction you have to suggest an ending time, otherwise imho it is not an auction.

Ok, these were my ideas, I hope you like it or maybe you have more. :)

There are already distinct forums for buying and selling. If something is posted in the correct one everyone knows its for sale, or someone is looking to buy.

I do like the idea of having people change the topic to SOLD... and then the previous title. Makes it easy to see what is sold or still available. Maybe even an AUCTION OVER added.

In general it's a great idea.

DarkMatter

What Sheila meant I suppose it that in the "selling" forum you could distinct between a normal sale and an auction by using S: for sale and A: for auction in the threadtitle.

Maybe use [sold] for item sold and [over] for auction over?

I'd like to bump this thread, as I have the feeling the buying and selling forums are quite a mess and the rules should be extended and written down properly.

And they should be binding for all EF users.

It doesn't make sense to have rules, but noone cares sticking to them.

what would be very nice is if posts in the sales area had a tickbox to mark the status of the post as sold

so then u pop a post up..... chill..... sell or buy... and then the person who started the thread just ticks the box and voila the post status is set to sold

so then everyone can see the status easily, hmm maybe even automaticaly move the post into a sold sub-forum in the sales area to keep the selling forum clean

teh same could be done for the buying, poster ticks box and bang teh status is updated to Items aquired or something

the sales area has been bugging me for a while and i think this kinda thing could help keep it under control :D

i dunno how hard it would be to do, but it doesnt seem mega tough to me

oh crap i just saw the date of this post

WHO KEEPS BUMPING 6MONTH OLD THREADS
Grrrrrr !!!!!!

I did bump this thread because it is still a very current topic.

And I like the idea with the tickbox a lot! I think it's rather easy to implement.

srry about the old thread thing, i have gratzed at least 2 globals from last year recently :) lol

but yeah lets get 711 on the case :D a status tickbox in trading forums :D

A tick box might mean some nasty hacks on the forum code, making upgrades a real pain in the ass maybe.

I would suggest having a sold sub forum perhaps, then threads can be moved and locked in one action.

Sheila said:
Abbreviations:

Off topic:

This reminds me of a friend I have when he was really new to MSN (read: ICQ), he went out to tell everybody on MSN they should message a ">" when they were done with typing their MSN msgs to him so he knew when he could start typing. Long time ago, and an old geezer, as you prolly figured out. ,-)

AkiranBlade said:
A tick box might mean some nasty hacks on the forum code, making upgrades a real pain in the ass maybe.

I would suggest having a sold sub forum perhaps, then threads can be moved and locked in one action.

Tell me about it....

ticks.jpg

Informative troll posts about the dangers of being sucked alive by a tick (insect kind).

Great that this thread is still alive. :)

I hope the Selling Forum will be improved soon, as the number of sales and auctions here is frequently rising. Obviously because of the new auction fees...

So it's rather messy atm.

Back