Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Client said:
VU 7.1 Content List

PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 7.1
2005-02-15

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PROJECT ENTROPIA! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING PROJECT ENTROPIA SUPPORT! ***

General Information
The Version Update 7.1 (“VU 7.1”) for Project Entropia information is located in this document.

--

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

Mindforce updates
A new area of Mindforce has been added to Project Entropia – Resurrection.

The public Federal authority has supplied Calypso with a limited amount of portable resurrection technology in the form of Mindforce power chips. The chips are built using non-replicable robot technology reverse-engineered from robot wreck findings. The shipment of the new weapon against the robot menace was however intercepted in space by automated Devastator class strike robot ships before the security grid on the Exodus Space Station had time to kick in. The Federal Military Cargo carrier crash-landed somewhere on the Amethera continent, and when the dispatched search and rescue force arrived, the site was already scrounged for every piece of equipment there. An initial analysis show traces of robots at the crash site, suggesting that the machines reclaimed the weapon the humans were to use against them.

This setback has initiated several courses of action. First, the chips need to be recovered, before the robots destroy or use them for their evil purposes. Second, more robot parts are needed to supply human researchers with basic materials to create more chips using this cutting edge technology. Third, the Federal Government has acknowledged the need for on-site located support, and talks about establishing a permanent research base on Calypso have been initiated.

Revival changes
When you die you use old and proven revival technology to rebuild your body around your soul essence. The revival technology is reliable with a near 100% success rate, however, it consumes vast amounts of energy and the machines are impossible to miniaturize efficiently. The revival terminals supplied by the Federal Empire are public and free to use.

The instant you die, you will be given two options. Either you are teleported to a nearby revival terminal and get revived automatically. Or you stay in place. If you stay, you can wait until a Mindforcer Biotropian with resurrection capabilities are nearby. Or you can use a Personal Revival Terminal, if a friend drops one near your death location for you to operate.

Ghosts and ghost talk
The ghost as it appeared before this release is removed. A dead avatar may chat, but only those proficient in communicating with the dead will be able to make any sense out of the voice of the afterlife.

Chat system
The Project Entropia chat system is overhauled and updated. Now you will have chat access from the instant you login. This has eliminated many of the annoyances with missing chat messages, team chat issues, etc.

Friend confirmation
In order to reduce abuse and protect the integrity within the virtual universe, an avatar may now only add another avatar as friend if the target avatar confirms the action.

Amethera enhancements
The Federal Empire has begun supplying Amethera with basic facilities, after the situation is deemed “secure enough”, now after the wave of colonizers have re-taken a large area of the continent.

Personalized nicknames used globally
A participant may change an entry on his or her Friends list, to a name of choice. That name will be used in every communication with the said person – in PM’s, main chat, etc, for increased coherency.

PED Card update
The PED Card is now allowing for removal of PEC’s without the need of having the same amount of PED’s stored.

Auction updates
The auction now accepts a number of new items, including higher-level armor blueprints.

Professional standings
Sometimes the avatar’s professional standing got messed up. The correct rank should now always be shown.

Auto-logoff system implemented
In order to counter meaningless idling on the servers, an avatar is logged off after ten minutes of inactivity.

HoF message fix
Sometimes a Hall of Fame chat message didn’t show, this is corrected.

Better client/server creature health synch
The health bar on creatures will now update more accurately.

Manufacturing fix
Fixed an issue that could hang the client while manufacturing.

Client crash fix
A client crash issue corrected. Those participating in Project Entropia with their sound turned off should try to turn it on again, to see if they still have crash issues.

Streamlined animation
Several animations have been updated to give a more polished look.

--

KNOWN ISSUES/MISSING FEATURES

Shopkeepers can become corrupted when they reach low condition. An update for this is on its way.

All tailored clothes shown as “Uncolored” in the auction, even if they are colored.

You can’t repair an item with attachments attached to it. You have to detach them prior to repairing.

w w w . m i n d a r k . c o m ™

Sounds really nice :)

ooooh sounds damn nice, i can't wait for the revival technology and to see it in use. The chat server changes also sounds alot better :)

Now all those robotpartcollectors can get that big frown on their face.

"Second, more robot parts are needed to supply human researchers with basic materials to create more chips using this cutting edge technology."

And maybe.... maybemabye the revivlchip wont ust too much ME since it looks like they'll be needing roboparts. Maybe the friggin robopart would decay instead of the MF-slush with jo-jo price...
one can dream...

"Ghosts and ghost talk
The ghost as it appeared before this release is removed. A dead avatar may chat, but only those proficient in communicating with the dead will be able to make any sense out of the voice of the afterlife. "

GreatGreatGreat :D Yaay. Cool stuff!!!

"Friend confirmation
In order to reduce abuse and protect the integrity within the virtual universe, an avatar may now only add another avatar as friend if the target avatar confirms the action"

Oh my holy! No more "You have been added as friend by Friggin Begging Noob"

"Auto-logoff system implemented
In order to counter meaningless idling on the servers, an avatar is logged off after ten minutes of inactivity. "

In my eyes, this looks like it could be the most meaninful update in a long time... Never read so much fat info before...

Thanks MA... I cant wait

Great! Looks like revival chips can be crafted?!! :)

Oh.. Im so happy I stuffed all robo parts to storage year ago :D

Looks like a good VU list. 8)

Revival changes
When you die you use old and proven revival technology to rebuild your body around your soul essence. The revival technology is reliable with a near 100% success rate, however, it consumes vast amounts of energy and the machines are impossible to miniaturize efficiently. The revival terminals supplied by the Federal Empire are public and free to use.

I'm having some trouble interpreting this one...
Note the part where it says, "near 100% success rate"

I interpret this as you won't always be able to revive. :confused:

Yes very Interesting list there.

I do stress the same concern as faust =)

Im jumping in my chair reading this!
So our guesses was revivalchip (in another thread) and seems we were right :)

Whatever Im mostly curious about is:
Ghosts and ghost talk
The ghost as it appeared before this release is removed. A dead avatar may chat, but only those proficient in communicating with the dead will be able to make any sense out of the voice of the afterlife.

...so Im able to chat but you'll have a hard time understanding? So.. if I write "noob" it will say "|\|00b!" ? :laugh: (Maybe its 1337 languange? I HOPE NOT! :eek: )

Professional standings
Sometimes the avatar’s professional standing got messed up. The correct rank should now always be shown.
YAAY! Finally *dances*

Last edited:
Faustian said:
Revival changes

I'm having some trouble interpreting this one...
Note the part where it says, "near 100% success rate"

I interpret this as you won't always be able to revive. :confused:
or that you have to try several times on the revivalchips, causing them to decay more and use more ME ;)

ROBO PART!??!

Are we talking robo generators and bio ids and powflux thingies here?!?

:eek:

Kalashi said:
ROBO PART!??!

Are we talking robo generators and bio ids and powflux thingies here?!?

:eek:

would be fun if all those stuff we've tt'ed over and over again acctually got a use now.. :laugh:

Skam said:
would be fun if all those stuff we've tt'ed over and over again acctually got a use now.. :laugh:

Everything will have use eventually ;)

Ppl tt'ed molisk teeth madly before tailoring update :wise:

Auto-logoff system implemented In order to counter meaningless idling on the servers, an avatar is logged off after ten minutes of inactivity.

This one is not good :mad:
If the phone calls and I gotta talk to someone more than 10. min than I gotta log in back on , if someone comes to the door and needs to talk to me more than 10 min. AGAIN I gotta log in , if I need to go to the toilet I gotta do it in less than 10 min. , if I wanna watch a movie on tv yet I wanna watch what happens in PE , like soc chat , who takes what hofs I gotta move my avatar at 10 min interval , if ....
I think you get the point , I hope MA thinks this one through :(
I have a shitty conection and loging in is a pain in the ass :banghead:

Then again I can fully understand them mr.claude. There is alot of people who rather stay ingame afk for hours while they sleep or so on.
But I think it should have been half an hour or a hour instead of 10 minutes.

And autoclicker with 1 click per 9 minutes works around it... :rolleyes:

Maybe so, maybe no. This may put an end to unattended scanning/fapping etc. It all depends on the implimentation. I'm very curious to see how this one pan's out.

Dirk said:
Maybe so, maybe no. This may put an end to unattended scanning/fapping etc. It all depends on the implimentation. I'm very curious to see how this one pan's out.

Surely autoclicking is not inactivity.

As for the rest of the stuff. Woot!!! Look at all those fixes and improvements!!

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
Surely autoclicking is not inactivity.

As for the rest of the stuff. Woot!!! Look at all those fixes and improvements!!

DD
i dont know they could base it on player movment not actions mabey it is the end of unattented autoclicking. but not the end of attened autoclicking.

Soo--- the talking to ghosts thing....
will we soon have a new profession of psychic medium??? :eek:

*Sveta- really wanting to communicate with the dead :girl:

Svetlana said:
Soo--- the talking to ghosts thing....
will we soon have a new profession of psychic medium??? :eek:

*Sveta- really wanting to communicate with the dead :girl:

Hirr, I see myself as that little old lady from "Poltergeist" (I think... or was it another movie?) talking to the dead and leading them in the right direction :D

*whispers*
Join the Darkside, and get a free cookie :deal:

RexDameon said:
i dont know they could base it on player movment not actions mabey it is the end of unattented autoclicking. but not the end of attened autoclicking.

THat would be horrible for crafters ;)

DD

Devil Doll said:
THat would be horrible for crafters ;)

DD

I was thinking that to but mabey it's just mouse movement. when your crafting you would hit accept loot everyonce in awhile. auto-skilling throwing 5000 ingots in just wouldn't work.

also was thinking of this:

Third, the Federal Government has acknowledged the need for on-site located support, and talks about establishing a permanent research base on Calypso have been initiated.
kinda sounds more storyline based actions mabey questish :shrug:

also

sounds like a new skill

RexDameon said:
I was thinking that to but mabey it's just mouse movement. when your crafting you would hit accept loot everyonce in awhile. auto-skilling throwing 5000 ingots in just wouldn't work.

That would be great if they did it that way. Reduce the afk :wise:

On another note, I like how the recent releases and VUs have alot more of a Role Playing feel. They are doing a good job framing the releases into the storyline.

DD

Skam said:
Hirr, I see myself as that little old lady from "Poltergeist" (I think... or was it another movie?) talking to the dead and leading them in the right direction :D

*whispers*
Join the Darkside, and get a free cookie :deal:

I don't give out free cookies, sorry.

Skam said:
Then again I can fully understand them mr.claude. There is alot of people who rather stay ingame afk for hours while they sleep or so on.
But I think it should have been half an hour or a hour instead of 10 minutes.
Yes Skam, this was my point also , 10min. it's very few ,more apropriate would be 30min-1h for this . I hope Marco sees this and takes it into consideration :p

Mr Claude said:
Yes Skam, this was my point also , 10min. it's very few ,more apropriate would be 30min-1h for this . I hope Marco sees this and takes it into consideration :p

OK I agree. I don't mind getting kicked after inactivity for server-load, but 10 minutes is not long. Anything would be better... 15, 20, etc. Oh well.
Otherwise, I think the list looks promising.
I assume it will not affect autoclickers just b/c technically your mouse is clicking and that should be considered active. But, knowing MA's stance against auto clicking, it wouldn't surprise me if they put an end to it through this.

Back