NRF - No Resource Found - Mining/Skilling App

Squee

Stalker
Society
Irken Invaders
Squee "Da Bomb" Doe
NRF
No Resources Found - Recording your mining runs and skill progress.

After my naming competition, here is the official thread. Anything about NRF can go in here. I have recieved many positive reactions and input from people and hope I can live up to all expectations of future releases.

What can NRF do?
To indicate what the app can do for the average person:
Mining
  • Recording drops and found deposits into seperate mining runs.
  • Chart mining runs on a map with several options
  • Customizable Maps with built in calibration tool
  • Map of Eudoria and Amethera provided
  • Share mining runs with friends using the import functionality

Skilling
  • Record you skills and professions into seperate snapshots ( not screenshots )
  • Graph the snapshots over time
  • Calculate skill differences
  • Submit your skills directly to Carebears "skill to esi" calculator

Others
  • Update Checking
  • Save Screenshots using just printscrn

All recording of info happen while your ingame. All magic happens in the background. I believe that NRF is currently THE fastest way to record skills or mining runs. No more writing info down or taking seperate screenshots!!!

How the NRF work
NRF works in the background of EU. It is totally independent as the basis of NRF is no more then a screenshot application. Over that I added special OCR routines to read the info from screen and processes it. If you feel unsafe with the idea of running it in the background of EU for whatever reason, you can also use screenshots in bitmap format and load them in the app afterwards using the batch processor.

Addresses
Official site of NRF: http://nrf.irken-invaders.net/
Direct link to manual: http://nrf.irken-invaders.net/?page=manual
Direct link to wishlist: http://nrf.irken-invaders.net/?page=wishlist
Direct link to buglist: http://nrf.irken-invaders.net/?page=bugs

Whats this topic for?
Well several things:
  • Informational post about the NRF
  • RFC - Request For Comments about NRF or its site
  • Request for new Features
  • General discussion spot for NRF
  • Fishing for Quotes & Ratings to place on the site. Preferably with full ingame name.

Final Note
If you have tried my app, I appreciate any input. Even in the highy unlikely event that you did not like it. I wish to improve the app to fullfill the expectations of the users, but I will need user input to know.

Last edited:
Wow this looks really nice.

The skills part, is that only for mining skills, or can you also keep track of other skills?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this looks really nice.

The skills part, is that only for mining skills, or can you also keep track of other skills?

You can record ALL skills. That is a section that is seperate from the mining possibilities. Even considering all skill screens it is reasonable to say you can record them all within 30 seconds ( depending on your computer and your response speed ). You can record your skills into a snapshots between hunts to see your progress per hunt for example.

You can check the manual on the site to get an impression with a few example pictures, but don't sue me for being a bad manual writer.

Squee, your great man for making skillcounting so easy :)

1. What programming language do you use
2. What type of ocr, pixel comparing ?
3. The datafiles are not compatible with anything else, please store as comma seperated files, xml or whatever standard, so I can also import data from neomap
4. Date is mostly bugged, getting 1970 in 90% of the drops, why not just use system time with or without an optional offset for MA time.
5. Split ores and enmatters, maybe use Ctrl+0 for enmatter and 0 for ore or so

1. What programming language do you use
2. What type of ocr, pixel comparing ?
3. The datafiles are not compatible with anything else, please store as comma seperated files, xml or whatever standard, so I can also import data from neomap
4. Date is mostly bugged, getting 1970 in 90% of the drops, why not just use system time with or without an optional offset for MA time.
5. Split ores and enmatters, maybe use Ctrl+0 for enmatter and 0 for ore or so

1. Combination of oldfashion C and newer fashion C++.
2. If you would forget all layers used it would be pixel comparing. That was the basis.
3. An Import is possible to make. I have export's for mining as well. All I need is a request like this one. But its not worth the effort if someone doesn't need it ;) Till now, nobody did. It's not very hard to add. I don't use neomapper so an ready to use example file would be welcome and save me a bit of time downloading and installing. With an example I could strive to add this in the following update. ( edit: to late, next update? )
4. Date bug is known though not mentioned on the site. After saving and reloading it usually shows fine. Thnx for repeating that one, cause I almost forgot it. I'll try to fix this in the next update. Should be somewhere this week. ( edit: now fixed )
5. Splitting ore and enmatter. My question is Why? What goal/purpose would that have? What would you like to see or how do you want to see it split? The answers would hopefully give me an idea to what I should strive towards except for splitting them. Instead of different keys, I could add the knowledge to the app so it could seperate them for you. I personally have done either an Ore or Enmatter run so I never needed the option as it was already split.

Last edited:
All I can say is "WoW" ... very very nice. Looks like everything I've been wanting in a mining tool. Only been to the website to dowload and check out but I am already super impressed. Can't wait to give it a try :D . +Rep for sure.

All I can say is "WoW" ...
All you can say is "World of Warcraft"? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :silly2:

I too have only downloaded it, after reading just about everything on the web page, and have yet to actually try it. I'm at work now, so it won't be for several hours that I'm able to install it even, but here's my question:

Is there any known issue, compatability or otherwise, between NRF and PEAss in regards to screenshot capturing? If not, do they both capture screenshots and make copies in their own separate directories? Or does one override the other? Or does neither work when both are running?

Is there any known issue, compatability or otherwise, between NRF and PEAss in regards to screenshot capturing? If not, do they both capture screenshots and make copies in their own separate directories? Or does one override the other? Or does neither work when both are running?

I must say, I dont know. I cannot run peAss at all so I still alt-tab alot, but I haven't heard any complaints about it nor can I imagine problems. I'm curious if you experience any..

NRF catches the keys, but allows the event to continue, meaning other applications will recieve the keypress if needed as well. In this case I would assume both apps make a seperate screenshot. And windows should still put it in the clipboard for you to paste. I believe the option is off by default. I haven't tested it, but it works like that for the other keys I have used. You can turn off the printscreen catching though, so you only get the peAss version.

Because it lets the keypress continue to other applications, you need to choose wisely which keys you use or it might become annoying.

i love this program. i havn't started mining yet, but when i do i will be SO prepared. i love being able to gauge my skill gains and worth with a simple click! also the chance to help build a new mob map by uploading scan data kicks major ass as well. +rep :)

also the chance to help build a new mob map by uploading scan data kicks major ass as well. +rep :)

Speaking of.. The page with the final results is still a hidden feature in the irken site ;) I still haven't converted the whole stylesheet for the "new" site, nor have I completed the simpel interface yet. Will be public in time..

btw.. PE-Wiki already contains most information, and has a mob map as well. Any support is always welcome though :D

Why isn't this in the mining section? Did I miss something?

Why isn't this in the mining section? Did I miss something?

Cause I'm bad in category picking? Or I just didnt think to well about it.

I didnt wanna place something that isnt directly about EU in the category general, and as its not only a mining app (although its becoming it more and more ), I didn't want to place it in mining. The category Mining might of been a better place to post it.

Cause I'm bad in category picking? Or I just didnt think to well about it.

I didnt wanna place something that isnt directly about EU in the category general, and as its not only a mining app (although its becoming it more and more ), I didn't want to place it in mining. The category Mining might of been a better place to post it.

I do agree, it is more than a mining app. This is just such a helpful program I felt it would get more exposure in a better category.

It's a great program you made there, but I have a big problem with it. The circles on the program's map are drawn a bit more up right compared to the ingame map's drop location. The skill calculation and the rest works fine, but with this little problem I cannot exactly track my finds. When parsing a drop at the Cape Corinth TP for example, the circle is somewhere in the water in your program. Though the coordinates are displayed correctly in the list of finds.

The circles on the program's map are drawn a bit more up right compared to the ingame map's drop location. ... When parsing a drop at the Cape Corinth TP for example, the circle is somewhere in the water in your program. Though the coordinates are displayed correctly in the list of finds.

This definitly sounds like a bug. The app comes with a mining loc, but that log comes with the tp's on amethera and 4 tp's on eudoria, ammong which Cape Corinth.

My first guess is that the calibration settings aren't being loaded correctly. Unfortunately its the first time I hear this bug. So it need investigation, that is if you wish to help me with finding the problem.

I must say, I dont know. I cannot run peAss at all so I still alt-tab alot, but I haven't heard any complaints about it nor can I imagine problems. I'm curious if you experience any..

NRF catches the keys, but allows the event to continue, meaning other applications will recieve the keypress if needed as well. In this case I would assume both apps make a seperate screenshot. And windows should still put it in the clipboard for you to paste. I believe the option is off by default. I haven't tested it, but it works like that for the other keys I have used. You can turn off the printscreen catching though, so you only get the peAss version.

Because it lets the keypress continue to other applications, you need to choose wisely which keys you use or it might become annoying.

I'll try them both out and let you know if I find any problems. By the way, there's a recent update to PEAss, so you might want to try it again, if for no other reason than for testing.

Important Notice for Users
Due to circumstances beyond my control ( it is by now ;) ), I wont be arround for an undetermined time. Due to this I have been busy with making arrangements for my current situation and havent been able to round up the update for this week. I will release one next week, just before i'm off.

Any issues you found and wish to see fixed in the next update, or extra features should be reported before this weekend... PNG support is currently the only real update but not completely finished either. The rest of my work won't be seen till a few updates later probaby as it's not finished.

From 11th dec on, I will have limited internet access and can only provide some basic support through EF. I could be lucky and not have any problems at all, but as its unknown how long it will take I am taking this oppertunity to let you know why my support might be lacking its normal quality ;)

Important Notice for Users
Due to circumstances beyond my control ( it is by now ;) ), I wont be arround for an undetermined time. Due to this I have been busy with making arrangements for my current situation and havent been able to round up the update for this week. I will release one next week, just before i'm off.

Your not going to jail or something are you ;)

Your not going to jail or something are you ;)

No, I am losing my electricity at home. No heating, no washing, no warm water, no light etc. Simply said I made a booboo.. Atleast the earth is heating up so it wont be tooo cold :)

No, I am losing my electricity at home. No heating, no washing, no warm water, no light etc. Simply said I made a booboo.. Atleast the earth is heating up so it wont be tooo cold :)

You know EU is a virtual reality - you can't move there for real. You still have to pay the bills at home and not spend all the money in game :laugh:

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Oh and +rep for this :)

I know.. I have just had a long period of money problems in RL.. I will try to explain it all in my diary.. Which mistakes I made and why...

But thats just the reason I cannot provide the full support I wish to offer..

It's a great program you made there, but I have a big problem with it. The circles on the program's map are drawn a bit more up right compared to the ingame map's drop location. The skill calculation and the rest works fine, but with this little problem I cannot exactly track my finds. When parsing a drop at the Cape Corinth TP for example, the circle is somewhere in the water in your program. Though the coordinates are displayed correctly in the list of finds.

Thanks to the help of Tendor I found this issue. It appears that the map callibration doesnt work well with "other" regional settings then the ones specifying decimal seperator as a period. Basically due to some bad programming practices. Yes, I am guilty :(

What you can notice of this bug is like Tendor said, displaced locations, but also the calibration panel rounding off numbers like the scale factor. For now you can either change your regional settings or wait for the next update. I might release it a bit earlier to support those many ppl with different regional settings.

Of all things, I neva thought of this.. :banghead:

Many thanks goto Tendor for having the patiences and taking alot of effort to help me find this issue.

Updated

This update should fix several important issues to get the app functioning well on certain systems. I apologize for my incompetence in some areas's :rolleyes:

• Regional settings problem ( , as decimal seperator ) - Fixed by forcing it to a dot seperator formatting. I wanted to keep regional support but as it was the only spot in the app using it, I decided to drop it for ease of coding :)
  • Map callibration issues - With the above fix this should be fixed as well
  • Annoying snapshots list when toggling the checked status - Fixed
  • Problems setting hotkey to certian keyboard keys - Fixed

• Added PNG Support
  • Added Parsing Colors Config
  • Added Filter for a slightly faster parsing speed.

Finally, I probably wont be offline and probably will be able to support y'all. I got good news, as long as everything goes ok, I have no probs.

Updated
  • Regional settings problem ( , as decimal seperator ) - Fixed by forcing it to a dot seperator formatting. I wanted to keep regional support but as it was the only spot in the app using it, I decided to drop it for ease of coding :)

Just take a variable, fill it with the number 1 and devide by 2.
Than treat it as string and take the 2nd character and you have your seperator (or read it from the registry).

Just take a variable, fill it with the number 1 and devide by 2.
Than treat it as string and take the 2nd character and you have your seperator (or read it from the registry).

LOL, nice trick. Neva thought of that one. There are several functions for getting locale information as well. Thanks for the tip, but the conversion itself wasnt the problem. The functions used already took your system settings into account. That means that when writing it to the ini it saved or loaded it with the system settings as well. That ini wouldnt be readable on system with other settings. There are solutions for this, but I didnt want to spend to much time on it which would cause the update to be much later. First Fix, then Improve was my thought.

Hoi im new here in this Forum and saw this littel smal tool and of course try I it. Thats a tool i ve searched a long time, but i'm not so satisfied, because there are no enmatters (only ore). Maybe there is a plugin or an update????
otherwise its a very cool app :yay:

Hoi im new here in this Forum and saw this littel smal tool and of course try I it. Thats a tool i ve searched a long time, but i'm not so satisfied, because there are no enmatters (only ore). Maybe there is a plugin or an update????
otherwise its a very cool app :yay:

NRF does not make a difference in ores or enmatters, and should parse both equally well. I sent you a PM to investigate your issues.

I try it out, but something's wrong. I can't record deposits. When I try record found deposit it's treate like a drop (no added deposit size, depht, kind of mineral, only date and XY). The other thing is, that in settings section (addictional info), this data should automatically change after first recording, but they didn't. And the last thing: in setting section (color settings) there is a problems with colors. Preview is black with white letters. Colors coming back to the normality when I click button "pick a color from the preview".
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Back