Doer's skill unlock log

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
This is one skill pseudohof i was happy to get! :yay: :dance:

Kinda scenic location, isn't it? Nevertheless, a view i'm rather sick of. :laugh:

The unlock came at level 25 Evader as expected. The relevant skill levels were 3852.5 Evade, 69.0 Agility, 3849.0 Combat Reflexes, 2594.6 Alertness, 3093.5 Athletics, 3953.1 Courage and 3267 Serendipity. Other possibly relevant skills are 544.3 Bravado, 1554.9 Coolness, 2705.0 Dexterity, and 2252.9 Perception.

Last edited:
gratz, and i see you have a nice fap:eek:

:

The unlock came at level 25 Evader as expected. The relevant skill levels were 3852.5 Evade, 69.0 Agility, 3849.0 Combat Reflexes, 2594.6 Alertness, 3093.5 Athletics, 3953.1 Courage and 3267 Serendipity. Other possibly relevant skills are 544.3 Bravado, 1554.9 Coolness, 2705.0 Dexterity, and 2252.9 Perception.

Gratz a lot!

For me it's rather sobering to see your stats and realize I have a lot of skilling left to do before I can get my own Avoidance swirlies. :(

Respect! :bowdown:

Gratz a lot!

For me it's rather sobering to see your stats and realize I have a lot of skilling left to do before I can get my own Avoidance swirlies. :(

Respect! :bowdown:

Thanks. Alertness skills so slowly on its own that i added one old-school chip of that many month ago. As i had suspected, and jdegre's work confirms now, it was probably a poor investment towards avoidance because of its small contribution. There were also a couple chips of courage for HP and a partial CR from a friend but the rest of those are natural.

Grats dude;)

One step to uber-dom

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

muahahahh

Now MDA

Strangely Melee Damage Assessment wasn't unlocked at the same time as the skill pseudo-hof for level 18 melee dmg (in my case Whipper) as i expected. I assumed at that point that there was a minimum melee (hit) level required because some evidence has suggested there is such a thing for the ranged equivalent RDA and my highest melee hit professional standing is just level 15 whipper. Then, about one bar into the progress toward level 19 Whipper (Dmg), MDA unlocked:

Apparently there isn't a minimum melee hit level for MDA or, if there is, it's very low. That was not the first time i had gotten a whip skillgain since the level 18 advancement, so perhaps it was simply a bit of a lag in the updates. :confused:

Anyway, it's nice to have. :yay:

More exciting to me than MDA was that i bumped into a hispidus guardian in PVP3 the other night in my shogun while being mobbed by merps -- and survived! When my health suddenly went to 20 i wondered what kind of merp that could have been, and looked up to find the first hispidus i've ever encountered alone. After a rather desperate and savage battle involving more than one 134 hp hit from the hispi (with four merps gnawing at my ankles the whole time), i managed to kill the hispi guard without being killed. I got 2 peds for my heroic victory, which kind of pissed me off, but i was excited to have survived. :cool:

PS Yeah, back to tantillions. 50% loot everywhere i went brought me back to a mob that at least would give me some skills for my pains.

Last edited:
20070126-PE-Wounding.png

Got my first armax global and unlocked wounding today. :yay:

What it required to unlock wounding:

6187 Anatomy
6677 LWT
5188 RDA
3603 IRD
5138 MMS
3574 Serendipity

>12k peds small weapon cells
>39k peds med weapon cells
1750 peds chipping anat and LWT to get back to where i was at before VU 8.8 on my schedule

etc.

Last edited:
Gratz on unlocking wounding, and so soon after avoidence.

Medicine

20070305-PE-Skills-Medicine.png

I refrained from FAPing for a bit after reaching level 20 paramedic, gaining several anatomy gains without unlocking it. The very first time i fapped, i unlocked Medicine on a First Aid gain: it very much seems that the unlock comes upon gaining a skill through exercising the profession in question, not any other means.

20070305-PE-Skills-Medicine-logo.png

Now that i've got qualifications, give my service a go sometime. ;)

For anyone that's curious, i have 6362.7 anatomy, 2273 FA, 981.6 diagnosis, 3129 dext, 3854 ser, and 43.9 int.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to test further and see if you can get instant Avoidance with no other skills than Evade, I have put a 60 ped Evade chip on auction ending March 24.

Combat Sense (retarded forum changes CS to Cs so you get long version :p)

20070815-EU-Unlocks-CombatSense.gif

Laser Sniper (Hit): Level 50

Some stats:
Ammo burned since Coolness (Level 40): 67k PEDs
Breer M2as burned since Coolness: 61
Net gain (tt value): -5580 PEDs (91.7%)
Net gain (market value): 521 PEDs (100.8%)
FAP decay (imp FAP): 1725 PEDs
Armor decay (guardian+2c, dragon, kobold+4a): 1810 PEDs
Solo Globals: 129
PEDs ESI looted: 224
Best loot (tt value): 493 Estophyl Provider
Best loot (market): Boar arms (F) from Oculus

20070815-EU-Unlocks-CombatSense-statssinceCoolness.gif

After Martial Arts (probably another month or two depending on how much i whip), I'm out of combat unlocks for a long, long time. :( tyvm for nerfing skills MA

gratz dude, I like what I'm seeing, I remember that u were the one who wanted to unlock all of MA's secrets..well maybe you'll unlock how to get to commando easier :D..I'll pm u later, I have some questions...+rep nonetheless :)

Gratz on CS Doer :)

That's some detailed record keeping you're doing there! Interesting graph!

Skills at unlock

Thanks for the gratz. Here are the skills I had for the unlock:

Agility 60% 72.65
Courage 3% 4418
Dexterity 3% 3405
Perception 2% 3011
Serendipity 1% 4084
Aim 4% 3884
Combat Reflexes 3% 4397
Coolness 4% 2997
Marksmanship 8% 5637
Rifle 39% 6110
Weapons Handling 8% 4744
Laser Weaponry Technology 14% 7145

I unlocked Coolness with Laser Pistoleer (Hit), so the journey to CS started from around level 36 Laser Sniper (Hit), and is also why my Rifle skill is relatively low compared to the secondary skills.

I have chipped Courage, CR, Aim, LWT, and WH at some point.

gratz dude, you must have been hunting like a madman the last week. thought i was gaining on you (although 10 levels behind). bet i get CS before you get commando though :)

Gratz Doer m8, you and your ants :)

Medium Health

It's not an unlock, but definitely a milestone. I barely logged logged in for the last few months, delaying the last 1/2 hp until 2008, but finally it's here: 150 health.

20080116-EU-MediumHealth-150.jpg

Nice Doer :)

I'm a week or two away from that one...think you have higher skills in general than me, but i've done more melee i guess.

Nice Doer :)

I'm a week or two away from that one...think you have higher skills in general than me, but i've done more melee i guess.

Thanks, Jimmy. I also chipped a bit and i believe you didn't, so i have an unfair advantage. :D What melee i've done is mostly whip, which not only goes slowly, but gives more agi and less str than most melee.

See you at Medium.

Yeah, I've considered chipping a few times but always resisted the temptation :D

If I ever get within sight of Commando there may be a slight chipping out/chipping in operation to push me there, I just unlocked CS on rifle but handgun is catching up fast - I guess one day I may choose one or the other...

Other than that I suspect if I ever chip it'll be to boost my crafting skills up to a decent starting level, but for now I'm happy enough blasting mobs....

BIG gratz on all the achievements dude... and +rep :yay:

200802030521-Unlocks-MartialArts.jpg

All that i have to say is, if sweating bores you, don't try to skill whipping.

Oh, and LOL at this quote from 8/07:
After Martial Arts (probably another month or two depending on how much i whip), I'm out of combat unlocks for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Gratz on that last unlock ;)

All that i have to say is, if sweating bores you, don't try to skill whipping.

Heh, I agree. I like my whip, just not the easiest weapon to skill with.

Congratulations on all the unlocks. Here's hoping there will be a way for us both to get to commando without having to mortgage our souls. :vampire:

Unexpected

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'd forgotten about this new unlock. At level 5, it's not much of an achievement, but it was a pleasant surprise in skills, and i don't get surprised in skills very often. :laugh:

Back