EU Companion 1.1

Dutchie

Alpha
Effem Dutchie Millbrook
[edit]
The version discussed here is out of date.
EU Companion is not supported on EF any more.
For the latest version please visit
http://www.peauction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=976

Thank you, Dutchie.

[/edit]

Dear all,

I've upgraded EU Companion to 1.1.

Changes between 1.1 and 1.0.1:

- new UI (button based)
- added code to launch pe assistant/entropia universe/PE Stats Displayer
- added ini file to store settings
- added option panel to configure applications
- rewrote white space detection
- store .dat file in PE Stats directory (and in the current dir if the PE stats dir is faulty
- give - - - for the professions, otherwise upload in PE Stats Displayer fails.

The new version can be downloaded fromthe download page at:

http://www.dse.nl/~meulenbr/EU_Companion/download.html

md5 sum for 1.1:
50e9f4a70facee34faf73376e4980464 *EU Companion 1.1.zip

Please post bug reports and success stories here or mail them to dutchie@inbox.com

I'll try to fix bugs that are posted/mailed today or tomorrow before say 18.00 MA time by tomorrow evening. Later bugs will probably have to wait for a fix until next weekend as I'm away from home for work next week.

A bug fix release will be reported here, not in a separate thread.

Enjoy, Dutchie.

PS: If you have suggestions to improve the UI or, even better, some nice graphics, feel free to contact me.

For the next release I am also planning on providing an xml output file. Haven't fully agreed with myself on the exact xml format though.

Last edited:
Got 70 views or so and no problem reports here or in the mail, so I assume everyone is happy.

Due to work issues I haven't implemented much new functionality yet.
Only thing implemented is grabbing stats in windowed mode.

Still thinking about the exact layout of the xml output file.

Dutchie.

Bump for a work well done!

Great work, Dutchie! :thumbup:
bump.jpg

P. :smoke:

Nice work man!

Short status update:

1.2 alpha already has screen capturing and works also in windowed mode (unlike 1.1). Still working on flexibilizing the output genereration (and yes, it will also be able to do xml).

I might also work on further cleaning up the UI, but it is also possible to leave this until 1.3.
(The idea is to add an icon to the icon tray and show the number of screens that are captured in that icon).

Also I'm planning 1.2 to become a source code release. Some code cleaning will have to be done first as well (don't want this to become too embarrasing :ahh: )

Dutchie.

Always nice to see ppl doing so much for adding something extra for the EU experience! :thumbup:

+rep !

Nice tool, works perfect for me + rep! :yay:
Note: it does work from windowed mode (V 1.1) for me.

Now, what I really need is the extension to the new Professions dialogue :wtg: - and then something on PE Wiki to import 'em :)

support...

Dear all,

As I am leaving this forum, I will no longer be monitoring this thread or my mailbox here, so posting bug reports or change requests here is pointless.

If you have issues or change requests feel free to email them to me or leave them at the peauction forum (www.!!!!!!!!.com).

The thread over there for release 1.2 is: http://www.peauction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=976

Release 1.2 has an ETA around march one, and will be announced there and on the download site.

It will contain
- screen capturing from within the program
- works in windowed and full-screen mode
- flexible output (including xml output)

Enjoy,

Dutchie.

Last edited:
EU Companion 1.2

This is just a short note that a new release of EU Companion has been made available.

As, for personal reasons, I am not actively participating in EF any more, please check out http://www.peauction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2309 if you are interested in this release.

Problem reports, feature requests etc should also go there (or should be emailed to me). I do not address issues or entertain questions on EF (also not through PM).

Have fun!
Dutchie.

for those who already downloaded. There was a small typo in stats.xsl.
New version (1.2a) avaible on the download site.

Dutchie

Back