• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Which video will MA choose to win?
Take a guess............... I took the first 10 videos with the most views.
Write why you think one video will win or will not win ;)

These are the "rules" from MA:
First Post from MA: Place the videos up on YouTube and every three months we'll have a look to see which video has had the most Views. The creator of the video with the most Views will receive a Unique Item. The topic for the first round of this competition is quite simply 'fun'.

Marco: To make it somewhat clearer (the text in the news item will be modified as well - more rules galore), it is the video with the most views and that gets approval from MA. It must be deemed "funny" or in-line with "fun", obviously. And be about Entropia Universe, etc.

Take a look at the videos!

Why Today?
"sinp...Our Community Director will have a first look on March 1, 2007. snip..."
read this for the complete text

Last edited:
I don't think, and hope that the winner will not be the one with the most views, because it would simply just be unfair. It is too easy to get nice stats and comments at youtube with or without cheating. And why should someone who worked some time on his/her movie has smaller chances, just because he joined the competition a bit later?

In my opinion MA hasn't just to count the "views" at youtube. They should look at the threats here at ef.com and look at for example the 10 movies with the most attention. They should look at some aspects of the movie like: creativity, fun factor, soundtrack, if the clip is actually something special, if the editor has cheated...

I think its not too difficult, because you see who really invested some time and love in his vid, who had good ideas and so on. I mean, there are some good videos out there, and a nice solution would be to make more then one reward, because some people really did a great job and rewards that tells them "Wow you guys really did a great job", won't hurt MA or anybody else in the game.

Pah! And not one of my videos in that poll!!! Your poll sucks! lol Anyway check my signature for clickable links straight to all my superfantabulousarooney entropia video's! Well no-ones gonna blow my trumpet for me! May aswell do it myself.:silly2:

Jam.

Pah! And not one of my videos in that poll!!! Your poll sucks! lol Anyway check my signature for clickable links straight to all my superfantabulousarooney entropia video's! Well no-ones gonna blow my trumpet for me! May aswell do it myself.:silly2:
Jam.

Hi Jamhot, i took the "Top 10" sorted by views..
This Poll isn´t about "which video is the best, what do you think", its: "Which video will MA choose" If we take MA by word, it will be the first one on this poll cause it has the most views. Simple.
But with Marcos post, it isn´t totaly sure. For example, Bodybag made some real funny movies, but i doubt MA likes those videos :laugh:

ok... my english isn´t the best, but does ANYONE ACTUALY READ THE QUESTION??????? Which video will MA choose

When i look at the votes...pfffff.. looks more like:Yeah, that video i like most!

------------------------------->:topic: <-----------------------------------

:shots:

MA were quite public about the retraction on the rules the way they were first laid down, and that the ones with the most views were just going to be a guide.

If, as u have laid it there, they make they're choice from the top 10 views, then Zylex's one deserves to win, though that don't nesserily mean it's gonna happen.

MA were quite public about the retraction on the rules the way they were first laid down, and that the ones with the most views were just going to be a guide.

If, as u have laid it there, they make they're choice from the top 10 views, then Zylex's one deserves to win, though that don't nesserily mean it's gonna happen.

I hope i did understand what you saying. Well, i could have done a "pre-jugdement" on the videos, not only looking at the views. If i had done this i would had droped atlast 4 videos from those in this poll because i think the views are not real or (my opinion) they are just crap. I did not feel i could do that because:
1. I wanted to know what you think,
2. I have my own video in this contest and it would not be fair to drop others within this poll. (I keep most of what i think about the other videos on my own if i don´t have to say anything positiv).
3. I could have done a Poll with the Top 20 but i don´t think that MA will choose from that range and with this diversification the poll would have been quite useless i think.

:yay: Today is the day! MA will take a look at our Videos!:wtg:

Good Luck everyone (to those who did not cheat...)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bear
Today is the day! MA will take a look at our Videos!

Good Luck everyone (to those who did not cheat...)

Thank you Bear! :D

Look HERE

1st of March today...

thx man, bear sent the info in a pm =)

i was convinced it was done quarterly (ie end of march) which is why i took so long to put up my video. seems i am lucky to be in top 10, but wtf o_O

Well... Since my movie, "When humans are sleeping" isnt even close
to having that many views (But really should. Cause... you know ... it rocks! :wtg: ) I'd have to put my money down for "Money for Sweat and the Fun for Free ".

Hopefully MA will give some kind of response to the vids, and wich ones they're looking more closely on so. :)

// Rew

its too easy to rename a video that was made long ago before the competition starts and get it with loads of views... fair u say? :rolleyes:

Well... Since my movie, "When humans are sleeping" isnt even close
to having that many views

I feel your pain buddy. Im in the same boat as you. But it's taught me one thing, the promotional campain is 75% of the competition.

Don't tell me that 40 and 60k hits is fair with a small game like this... :scratch2: :scratch2:

I hope 'Best Game ever' Does. Ive realy like the video and it inc Nd's Gamer chick song. I also like alot of the ingame footage, With Hogg hunts and Globs.

I have watched that video 5 or 6 times a day since it was released =D

EDIT:

Due to Copywright reasons i dont think they could chose any videos with songs on(That arnt in the game already)

Last edited:
hope 'Best Game ever' Does. Ive realy like the video and it inc Nd's Gamer chick song. I also like alot of the ingame footage, With Hogg hunts and Globs.

I have watched that video 5 or 6 times a day since it was released =D

EDIT:

Due to Copywright reasons i dont think they could chose any videos with songs on(That arnt in the game already)

You think a guy with 62k views should win? You see at the first view, that something went wrong there.

And why should videos with popular songs in it, not be chosen? MA didn't got any money for the vids. They just reward the BEST vid (at least I hope so).

what's a good video?
-one where the soundtrack makes the movie?
-one thats long and "langweilig" , where u turn it off after 2 minutes
-one thats just another pk movie
-one where keep watching to the end?
-one where u "rofl"

what was the theme?
-another fan movie?
-game promoting?
-something realy funny?
-something u can't realy put under a categorie

I think mindark knows what they are doing and will make this a fair event

what's a good video?
-one where the soundtrack makes the movie?
-one thats long and "langweilig" , where u turn it off after 2 minutes
-one thats just another pk movie
-one where keep watching to the end?
-one where u "rofl"

what was the theme?
-another fan movie?
-game promoting?
-something realy funny?
-something u can't realy put under a categorie

I think mindark knows what they are doing and will make this a fair event
langweilig=boring

I really hope MA will make this fair. But if they really looked for the first time on the 1st Marche on the videos and never before, you think they "know" who cheated? You think MA cares about that? I hope so.

To your list, yeah, you can make such categories. But what do you think despite that MA will do it fair?

MA, c'mon, let's have an official voting thread to decide the winner within the community!

:cheer: Go, bear, GO :cheer:

Oh, did just see you are from germany, bear!!!
And we were talking in english ingame... :banghead: :banghead:

And why should videos with popular songs in it, not be chosen? MA didn't got any money for the vids. They just reward the BEST vid (at least I hope so).

I don't understand that part too. In that case shouldn't be a best soundtrack and such categories in machinima festivals. :scratch2:

and what about the fact of " using copiewrighted stuff " ? cause there is actualy money to be made if u win this contest and the owner of the "good" song , can claim his rights on it .... and dare u for court if u use it without his permission.

or doesn't this count because its for a "private comunity"

(pss if u win this contest u can actualy make several 1000€ or $ )

well bear the contest clearly said theme FUN and maybe 10% of the movies on youtube are actualy funny and i think personaly only 1 movie of ur list is funny eventualy 3 others but i doubt it.

-tamagotchi (but then again its the soundtrack that does all)

and then eventualy
bad loots
teleporting toilet paper
all you need

Last edited:
oh no, not again :eek: Best Game Ever most votes on this thread. i dont understand. Or it is a really ok? or Great Middle Stream accepted it as really good movie? :confused:

oh no, not again :eek: Best Game Ever most votes on this thread. i dont understand. Or it is a really ok? or Great Middle Stream accepted it as really good movie? :confused:

lol ... seems some angry people around here ... i dont understand why u dont accept that it`s "BEST GAME EVER" :yay: :yay:

brrrrr

:newbie:

Well, first to the question of Copyright.
I can only answer that for my Video.
I use the song "Golden Brown" from "The Stranglers". Personaly, i don´t have any rights on that song. But as you might know, YouTube has an arangement with some Major-Lables that YouTube users can legaly use their songs within the videos. Guess what, "Golden Brown" is one of them.;) So my video is 100% legal.:cool:

Fun, well there are different kinds of "fun" which you know for certain. Maybe you don´t think my video is "funny" but thats an other question. If you get the message behind the obvius, its very dark humor... Maybe do a search about that song and keep in mind what the song is about. You will see something different.
- Rechinul -
Last, "Best Game Ever". Ok, maybe i am just in a bad mood today:mad: .... so here we go.
It is SOO obvius that the views are fake! Total fake. The biggest "fun" aspect i can see is that you still try to make us think its real. I am even pretty sure that those new votes here are fake too. Some extra accounts from you and your brother i guess.
I really don´t think (i did when the contest started) that i have a chance to win. But if that video wins, sorry, but MA must be crazy! Talking about to perm-ban users from EU because of scripting or the use of autoclickers and let THAT video win? Pffff....
I hope from the deep of my heart, that you don´t win Rechinul!

Back