Top player selling Jester BP's (TT BP) in auction (QR 1)

Status

valygar

Guardian
Society
Brainstormers
mat valygar thijs
Howdy,

I don't know how the rules are on naming a person on this forum, so I'll be very diplomatic about it.

Yesterday, I saw a member of one of the top socs (maybe the #1 soc :p) Selling the Jester BP (lowest QR) in auction for a Buy-out of 12 ped. Ofcourse a person from the...i mean "a" top soc knows that this BP is sold for 0.01 at technician. So it is clearly meant to trick a noob in buying one. When I asked him about it ( he was standing at the same auctioneer as me) he simply ignored me, and after 2 mins he dissapeared.

If this is scamming or not, opinions are divided, and it's not what this thread is about.

What I wonder about is: Why would a top player risk his reputation for a couple of lousy peds? And don't top players have some example role? I'm really confused about a top player doing this. Is life on top of the hill in EU really so bad?

He was wearing full shadow armor at the time he was selling it too, which made the contrast even bigger.

I hope I have stayed in the legal zone, by posting this, otherwise let me know, and I will edit the thread to make it even more vague.

Valygar

I've seen this happen too and I'd like MA to do something about it.

I mean make the TT items and technician BP's un-auctionable, like dung and sweat ..

Sad to hear!

I can only agree with u valygar!
Sad to hear anyone do this,but ewen worse a so caled top player!:mad:

Considering the fact he is selling also his shadow armor...
maybe he is quiting the game / making masive withdrawal, and literaly don't give a shiz about what others will think about it ? Just trying make high profit as possible. Just my loud thinkin...

EDIT:

I didn't say he was selling his Shadow armor. I said he was wearin it while he sold the BP, making the contrast bigger.

sry i missunderstood your post.

Last edited:
Its hard for MA to stop people listing bp's from the technician because those that have built up QR on them should be able to sell them. So technically this person is doing nothing wrong. However ethically there are problems. Dont know what the answer is, and yes its more surprising to see top players doing this.

I noticed another top player selling a broken XT handgun on auction, this could be stopped by MA by making it so you cant list broken L items on auction, but until they do there is nothing technically he is doing wrong either.

I've seen this happen too and I'd like MA to do something about it.

I mean make the TT items and technician BP's un-auctionable, like dung and sweat ..

....and get rid of the ~50ped Opalos that you seem to always spot on the Auction :mad:

Considering the fact he is selling also his shadow armor...
maybe he is quiting the game / making masive withdrawal, and literaly don't give a shiz about what others will think about it ? Just trying make high profit as possible. Just my loud thinkin...

I didn't say he was selling his Shadow armor. I said he was wearin it while he sold the BP, making the contrast bigger.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I agree on the fact tha MA should do something about (maybe a "warning" icon that you can also buy this in TT?)

What this thread is more about though, is: Why would a top player do this? Isn't his reputation worth much more?

hmm.. everyone seems to be so negatively minded.

I have sold a lyst stone for 150 ped :) Auctions like these are created for ingame money transfers usually.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt that a noob's first buys are made from auction, not tt. By the time a nobb uses auction for buying, he/she should be aware of what few items are available from tt. If not - nature has it's choices.

So before you start accusing anyone, think things through - I can bet that a person selling shadow and othe ruber items doesn't give a rat's ass about a few scammed peds.

hmm.. everyone seems to be so negatively minded.

I have sold a lyst stone for 150 ped :) Auctions like these are created for ingame money transfers usually.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt that a noob's first buys are made from auction, not tt. By the time a nobb uses auction for buying, he/she should be aware of what few items are available from tt. If not - nature has it's choices.

So before you start accusing anyone, think things through - I can bet that a person selling shadow and othe ruber items doesn't give a rat's ass about a few scammed peds.

Do you think he wants to transfer 12 peds??? And if so why does he give it a time of 7 days. AND: why was it in auction (and maybe is, havent looked lately) for over a few hours??? And why would he specifically choose the Jester BP?

I've clearly thought this better through then you...

And yes, noobs do this, I've heard a lot of stories that jester BP's get bought out of auction for an X amount of ped with no QR on them, and many people can confirm this.

So I've got every right of accusing him.

And as I said before, he wasn't selling his Shadow armour, or any other uber items.

Oh: and why didn't he respond to my inquiries, and just walk away after some time?

Probably cos they have second account they usually put those bp's up with, but forgot they were in their main one.

And some people are complete lamers.

There aren't too many people in EU wearing full sets of Shadow. I do hope people aren't going to be looking at me a little sideways now. :(

I can categorically say I am disgusted by this sort of behaviour. It is simply preying on the new and uneducated and is wrong. It is like stealing candy from a baby.

... Auctions like these are created for ingame money transfers usually. ...
Well, i see it like bank transfer then, 2 people that aren't online at the same time and other one has to pay, let's say 20 peds to another.
So if they can't meet in the game, the other one auctions something that no-one will be buying for that price, so the other one can go and buy it, and thus transfer the 20 peds to another.

Not defending anyone, and i don't like this kind of action either, but that way it kinda would make some logic (a bad, baaaad way of doing transfers anyway).

There aren't too many people in EU wearing full sets of Shadow. I do hope people aren't going to be looking at me a little sideways now. :(
Surrender your shadow set to me at once!

lol@12 ped money transfer for a Jester D1 BP QR0.01 from a guy in shadow ;p

I dont understand why my thought looks so unbelieveable.
Maybe the 12 peds was a loan payback from noob friends who insisted. I've made many such (even small) transfers.

:popcorn:

If its not a anything naughty, well..you could just name him, la la la la

:whistles innocently:

Who is it dammit! :laugh: I cant log in just yet! :silly2:

I dont understand why my thought looks so unbelieveable.
Maybe the 12 peds was a loan payback from noob friends who insisted. I've made many such (even small) transfers.

As if Mr Shadow cares for 12 PED. As if MrShadow puts up a BP for 12 PED, happy paying the auction fees. (if hes really after the 12 PED)

As if Mr Shadow cares for 12 PED. As if MrShadow puts up a BP for 12 PED, happy paying the auction fees. (if hes really after the 12 PED)

And according to teh other theory Mr Shadow would care about 12 ped scam?

I just dislike that based on assumptions, people start accusing this or that. When it comes to talking with someone over the auctioneer, I prolly wouldn't bother to justify myself to a total stranger either in this case.

(Maybe being afk and autologging)

And according to teh other theory Mr Shadow would care about 12 ped scam?

I just dislike that based on assumptions, people start accusing this or that. When it comes to talking with someone over the auctioneer, I prolly wouldn't bother to justify myself to a total stranger either in this case.

(Maybe being afk and autologging)

Why would MrShadow put up a TT bp to the auction at all ? ;)

I mean make the TT items and Technician BP's un-auctionable, like dung and sweat ..

And what would happen if I skilled a technician Bp upto 100 QR... I wouldn't be able to sell it on the auction?

I think it should be as follows:
TT items can't be sold
Broken (L) items can't be sold
Technician Bp's must have a certain amount of QR before they can be sold

I think he needed the ped for repairs :rolleyes: (maybe he is a known ava and he cant just start sweating again ;))

"top player" is not necessarly a sinonhym for "moral".

screw the spellcheck!

very sad :(, but that's how some( no all) players get to the top by stepping on others.

Why worry, just don't buy it.

I know it happens all the time with Opalo´s etc. But nothing against the rules.

EDIT: what happened imo, he cleared storage/inventory and just checked auction history on this bp (around +11 ped) and putted it in auction. Not knowing that an technician sells them also.

Nothing wrong here

Last edited:

If done once it's 12ped less fees, however if someone is willing to be it once why not twice or 50 times , 100 times ? this scamm only really works on the auction , so the rich scamer has to pay the fees 'boo & whoo'
The point is if someone is willing to intentionally scam people by this method what else are they willing to do to get say 'shadow' ?

I don't have any proof of this , I'm just commenting on the principle.
It could be that this has been done to distort the market ...which is worst still ..as it ultimately leads to sell the same TT BP at over inflated prices.

If done once it's 12ped less fees, however if someone is willing to be it once why not twice or 50 times , 100 times ? this scamm only really works on the auction , so the rich scamer has to pay the fees 'boo & whoo'
The point is if someone is willing to intentionally scam people by this method what else are they willing to do to get say 'shadow' ?

imo this is not a scam ... it is just a lame thing and not "expected" by "top" players :)

Status
Back