Top player selling Jester BP's (TT BP) in auction (QR 1)

Status
i've seen a "trick a noob" related to this auction one

one of my disciple was about to be scammed by a good player of a known ubber soc

he told my disciple he wanted to buy a very good price all his items, so my disciple did put all items in trade window and then the ubber player put an opalo for the trade and told my disciple to look at the eu markup which was tt+180

fortunately my disciple asked me before trading to be sure

And what would happen if I skilled a technician Bp upto 100 QR... I wouldn't be able to sell it on the auction?

I think it should be as follows:
TT items can't be sold
Broken (L) items can't be sold
Technician Bp's must have a certain amount of QR before they can be sold

Yeah that would be good :)

Although some people would defend their rights to put tt items on auction by saying "Well maybe the newbs cant afford a full tt one? Then we should be able to sell one with lower tt..."
Which in my opinion is total bs! (if you cant afford a gun, then what about ammo? :rolleyes:)

It's not unusual for a highly-skilled and well-equipped player to be a scammer. I have written about a particular one who scammed a Rock-Jacker from a real life friend and instead of being commended I was threatened with banishment from the forums.

There is no logical reason why this is done in auction so frequently. Scum is as scum does.

EDIT: what happened imo, he cleared storage/inventory and just checked auction history on this bp (around +11 ped) and putted it in auction. Not knowing that an technician sells them also.

Nothing wrong here

QFT

..Perhaps just a money transfer?

QFT

QFT ?????

btw i'm not saying i support actions like this but why flame the guy as a scammer well it can be a understandable mistake

So I've got every right of accusing him.
You have no right at all, where is the proof ?? Is he doing anything against the rules ??

Quoted For Truth (I think)

I haven't seen the alleged scammer online for a few days but I'll ask him to get in here and reply if this doesn't get locked for naming and shaming.

Peple really think it's more likely that a million ped avatar will scam someone for 12 ped, than it was a storage cleaning and he just checked market history without paying much attention to what bp it was?
I've come to learn and live with all the extreme paranoia around here but you guys never cease to amaze.

I've come to learn and live with all the extreme paranoia around here but you guys never cease to amaze.

My thoughts too. Some people just can't help but be the Entropia "police".
Bottom line is who knows what it was about ( and who cares) but geez is it worth getting your panties in a bunch.

Whatever was going on was going on with him, mind your business and worry about your own actions people. I'm sure the 12 ped issue is a make it or break it type deal for this guy. I mean come on, 12 ped is alot of money! That's like 1.20 usd for God's sake, that's some serious moola there!

.............sigh, I'm sure whatever was going on was completely innocent. But cause the dude wasn't standing there in his underwear, he's not allowed to make a mistake. Come on!

Some of the stupidest people I know in this game wear armor that could buy me a new car, also, some of the smartest.

But yup, start the fire, burn the guy at the stack cause he is wearing good armor and.. can't bear to say it...selling something.

Intention or mistake well... who knows...?

Obviously the noses who argue for those high skilled and well equipped players always know better than those who have doubts about the integrity of those persons.... :rolleyes:

Maybe some day I also find an unused buyable BP in my storage and sell it accidently at the auction... :rolleyes:

I think that a player from the top skilled soc should know that the price of a BP depends on it´s QR and that a BP that can be bought from the technician and has a QR of 1 is worth a shit...

Oh... I forgot that Mr Million PED Avatar has no need to fool someone for lousy 12 PED.... but... if he doesn´t want those 12 PED ....why the hell did he start the auction.... ??? :eek:

Last edited:
I think that a player from the top skilled soc should know that the price of a BP depends on it´s QR and that a BP that can be bought from the technician and has a QR of 1 is worth a shit.

Why should he know that ??? Can you name me all the BP's the technician sells without going ingame and look. Oh and pls tell me all the BP's the technician sold 2 years ago.

This is all big bullshit, why always flame the "uber" players/socs. Jealoursy maybe ??

Oh... I forgot that Mr Million PED Avatar has no need to fool someone for lousy 12 PED.... but... if he doesn´t want those 12 PED ....why the hell did he start the auction.... ???

I don't have the need to scam someone myself does that mean i can't sell anything ??

Intention or mistake well... who knows...?

Obviously the noses who argue for those high skilled and well equipped players always know better than those who have doubts about the integrity of those persons.... :rolleyes:

Maybe some day I also find an unused buyable BP in my storage and sell it accidently at the auction... :rolleyes:

I think that a player from the top skilled soc should know that the price of a BP depends on it´s QR and that a BP that can be bought from the technician and has a QR of 1 is worth a shit...

Oh... I forgot that Mr Million PED Avatar has no need to fool someone for lousy 12 PED.... but... if he doesn´t want those 12 PED ....why the hell did he start the auction.... ??? :eek:

I don't have any need to fool someone for a lousy few hundred thousand ped either, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna tt my imk2 if I ever quit playing.
I usually tt bps under 5 peds markup and put 5+ peds markup ones on auction starting att tt price. Not that I need a few extra peds, and not that the peds from bp sales will make or break a crafting run unless I loot something special. But for me it's still worth the ~10-20 seconds it takes per bp to check avrage markup and put it for sale. And I don't think many people no matter how rich they are throw money on the ground if it's already in their hand and all they need to do is put it in their pocket.

I put a component bp on auction yesterday. Random double I got crafting. I don't craft components much.

Auction history had a range of like +12-17 for the bp so I thought, 'oh cool, a double that isnt just TT food'. So not caring much about a few peds I put it up for something like +15 bo.

Well I happened to randomly be browsing auction later and noticed some of the same bp up for 1ped BO going unsold. Oops.. So now I've got a tt food bp up for sale. I guess I'm a scammer now? :S

Auction history sucks, and when you aren't familiar with the item you are selling, you can trust it and get screwed up..

I have no idea if this is the case here, but I hope people don't just jump to conclusions too easily based on an auction. Its not like the bp was for sale for 5k. I /really/ don't think Ter could give a shit about 15 peds.

I don't have the need to scam someone myself does that mean i can't sell anything ??

I don't have any need to fool someone for a lousy few hundred thousand ped either, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna tt my imk2 if I ever quit playing.

We are talking about a QR 1 BP thats available from the technician... :rolleyes:

You all can think whatever you want.... I´m never ever going to believe that such an old avatar suddenly decides to sell a BP for a Jester D-1 that he bought years ago and obviously never used and furthermore unfortunately did forget that this BP can be bought from the technician.

Now I´m doing what I always do with this kind of threads: I read and shut up. Those threads are an excellent help to learn what kind of people populates Calypso and to take a look behind some "false fronts".

EDIT: I don´t think someone only scams people for that few PEDs. I´m sure that those kind of "humans" feel very pleased with the fact that they fooled another unexperienced partipiciant. With the right audience they may even brag about it.

Last edited:
I think it's cool you can get to top soc without knowing that D-1 bp has been available from technician for years.

Yesterday, I saw a member of one of the top socs (maybe the #1 soc :p) Selling the Jester BP (lowest QR) in auction for a Buy-out of 12 ped. Ofcourse a person from the...i mean "a" top soc knows that this BP is sold for 0.01 at technician. So it is clearly meant to trick a noob in buying one. When I asked him about it ( he was standing at the same auctioneer as me) he simply ignored me, and after 2 mins he dissapeared.

The simple fact of the matter is that he's probably had this BP for a long time, never used it, and long since forgotten how he acquired it. He probably looked up the auction history, saw the average price (which includes BPs with higher QR) and put it in at what seemed like a sensible price.

A friend in-game PM'ed me about this earlier pointing out two other people she knows have this BP in auction at the moment. I had no idea what she was talking about, as I had no idea these BP's were available at the technician. I'd imagine the same is the case for the person you speak of, and many other people who have done the same.

I have in the past put one of the guns you can buy from the weapons trader in the auction. It wasn't a malicious attempt to make a quick 2 ped. It was simply that I'd completely forgotten it could be acquired for tt from the weapons trader.

At the end of the day, the person buying the stuff should investigate their purchase before they buy it. To someone interested in crafting Jesters it should be pretty obvious this would be a bad buy. To someone getting rid of a BP they've had for years and not used, it may well be forgotten. If the buyers are half-awake, what will happen is the seller gets punished for his ignorance by losing the auction fee.

Don't make a Daspletor out of a Fugabarba.

I think it's cool you can get to top soc without knowing that D-1 bp has been available from technician for years.

I think I know too much to be in a top soc then :(

Seriously, on the spot can you name every item in EU that can be bought for tt from the tt, the weapons trader, the technician, etc? I know I can't.

If you want this issue fixed, ask MA to implement a way of distinguishing blueprint sales in auction history based on QR somehow. But ultimately its a great issue for people who want to create a fuss and needlessly point some fingers, other than that its not a big deal.

Reactions: Pip
Seriously, on the spot can you name every item in EU that can be bought for tt from the tt, the weapons trader, the technician, etc? I know I can't.

If you want this issue fixed, ask MA to implement a way of distinguishing blueprint sales in auction history based on QR somehow. But ultimately its a great issue for people who want to create a fuss and needlessly point some fingers, other than that its not a big deal.
No need to get defensive at all, it's just highly unlikely to not know about D-1 bp.
And yes, I check technician from VU to VU for possible new bp's so I'm quite aware what is for sale.

Yeah that would be good :)

Although some people would defend their rights to put tt items on auction by saying "Well maybe the newbs cant afford a full tt one? Then we should be able to sell one with lower tt..."
Which in my opinion is total bs! (if you cant afford a gun, then what about ammo? :rolleyes:)

I was one of those noobs.
And I was quite happy I got a Vivo T1 for about 1 PED.
If you are on a tight budget, every PEC counts.

No need to get defensive at all, it's just highly unlikely to not know about D-1 bp.
And yes, I check technician from VU to VU for possible new bp's so I'm quite aware what is for sale.

Yeah thats you, i think i only visited the technician once in 2+ years

since i never crafted more than a few basic filters ages ago (was too boring) i dont know at all whats avaible at the technican.

i would say

benefit of the doubt

since i never crafted more than a few basic filters ages ago (was too boring) i dont know at all whats avaible at the technican.

i would say

benefit of the doubt

Sorry I didn´t know that this is a court hearing.... :eek:

ooops... what am I doing here.... :ahh:

well just yesterday i accused NeverDie of selling guns that were available at the weapons trader.. it turned out I was the one that was wrong... painting my face red.. turns out the weapons trader has been cleared and now only contains TT weapons.

but still.. seriously who has a storage box full of Jester D-1 bp's and a full shadow set?

Hi Guys

Yes I am the scammer as most of you know already...:dunce:

I am currently on holiday and during the few moments that the sun is not out I decided to start clearing out my storage as it is in quite a mess and I am saving up for Shadow Footguards (if any ever get looted) so all the items that I put up for sale I just looked at the market value and put them in the auction for a bit less as I had very little time ( due to my wife complaing that even on holiday I can't leave EU alone ). So all I can do is appologise for my mistake and I will remove them for the auction now.
I hope you can all understand how mistakes like this can happen but if you cant then feel free to give me a hard time.

Regards,

Ter

I think i might take a few minutes tomorrow to neg rep everyone here who were wrong and aren't gonna apologise.

And finally - I think that a noob who buys jesteer d1 bp for 12 peds from auctioneer will sooner or later get broke by his/her foolishness anyway. So - Lets put up more bps on auction so that noob's mistakes would cost ONLY 12 peds for them.

Cheers,
Maska

Hi Guys

Yes I am the scammer as most of you know already...:dunce:

I am currently on holiday and during the few moments that the sun is not out I decided to start clearing out my storage as it is in quite a mess and I am saving up for Shadow Footguards (if any ever get looted) so all the items that I put up for sale I just looked at the market value and put them in the auction for a bit less as I had very little time ( due to my wife complaing that even on holiday I can't leave EU alone ). So all I can do is appologise for my mistake and I will remove them for the auction now.
I hope you can all understand how mistakes like this can happen but if you cant then feel free to give me a hard time.

Regards,

Ter

Hehehe... it happens ;) I did the same (on holiday and played EU), and my wife gave me shit everytime I logged on... but my brother.. man, he played online poker the whole time, and holy hell his wife was going nuts...

TBH, I didn't veen know the jester bp was at the technician... it's been years since I bought mine ;)

Looks like a verdict of acquittal for Ter.

I am sure many scams happen the jester way. I like the idea of a warning or message that you can buy those items at tt or wherever.

Same with broken L items, should tell ya, when you can't use them anymore...

Not allowing to auction them is a bit to much, some ppl collect guns...the empty antimateriel rifle was sold for a high price to a collector, I am pretty sure he knew its broken.

And blueprints? The higher the qr, the higher the worth...hard to draw a line!

Auctions are manipulated all the time...maybe auctionhistory could exclude the 5% highest and lowest sale if more than 100 trades a day?

Still no protection against scam, only way is spreading information and get a good mentor. Shame if the mentor scamms you 2 (also seen often).

Keep your eyes open and teach noobs how not to get cheated ;)

Status
Back