Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

i guess all has been said so far, so this thread shouts for a

-closed-

so MMA, if you want some +rep pay your agents and dont be a greedy price driver anymore. The start of your business couldnt have been worse, but at least now you know what you could expect, lets say you advanced from newbie to green :yup:

i guess all has been said so far, so this thread shouts for a

-closed-

so MMA, if you want some +rep pay your agents and dont be a greedy price driver anymore. The start of your business couldnt have been worse, but at least now you know what you could expect, lets say you advanced from newbie to green :yup:

I watched a movie called The Prime Gig it was very very interesting. Definitely the shadier side of tele sales where people sell a lot of empty promises only to jump ship a few months down the road.

Ahhh well like I said before if you geniunely want to get to know EU and its participants then play EU that is the first step in building a reputation. This is just my personal opinion but anyone(not just MMA) that is trying so very hard to sell themselves should be kept at arms length until they can prove themselves and their reputation is what they say. I have always thought that someone who is trying to get you to look one way is hiding what they don't want you to see. To eager to be a disciple? probably looking for a sponsor. To eager to be a mentor? just looking for the ME gift. To eager to be a "real friend" to borrow your gear? Trust scam comes to mind. I could go on and on but I won't because I think most who frequent EF know what I am getting at.

I'll post the same thing I already posted in your other thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/122626-i-just-want-get-involved.html

My 2 pecs.

This community is one that you have to "ease" yourself into. Right now, I feel you are trying too hard to sell yourself. Just sit back a bit, play the game, chat a bit, and get to know the people. Most people here are guarding their peds from the next scam and/or scammer. If you come running in saying give me your peds, trust me, etc. people automatically go on the defense. Sit back and relax, make some friends, enjoy the atmosphere. You will find that people will open up more to that approach and be less defensive. BTW, welcome to Entropia. Hope to see you at the show in Indy this week.

I'll post the same thing I already posted in your other thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/122626-i-just-want-get-involved.html

My 2 pecs.

This community is one that you have to "ease" yourself into. Right now, I feel you are trying too hard to sell yourself. Just sit back a bit, play the game, chat a bit, and get to know the people. Most people here are guarding their peds from the next scam and/or scammer. If you come running in saying give me your peds, trust me, etc. people automatically go on the defense. Sit back and relax, make some friends, enjoy the atmosphere. You will find that people will open up more to that approach and be less defensive. BTW, welcome to Entropia. Hope to see you at the show in Indy this week.

He's not here to game!!

He's not interested in EU at all, he doesnt want to be picking up the tp's and skilling h.g!! :laugh:

He's in here to make a buck..thats it!

When it fails, you wont be finding him sweating at Nea's, he will be off trying some other flipping way to be 'self-employed'

so ......................................... this means im not the biggest bitch anymore ????? :(

But why ???...........

:headbang:

:wave: goodbye bitchness, forumwhore here i come

Is there a way to ignore threads and posts from certain users :scratch2:

Yes.

Click their user name to go to their profile.

Click the User Lists dropdown near the top of the page.

You'll find an 'Add to Ignore List' option.

aaawww, why ignore this ????

This is tha best evah, ive ever read, pahaps im gonna loot me a new printah, and print it all out. :laugh: :D

Got it, but I was hoping it didn't even show any thread started by a certain person (ex: Under new posts) so I didn't accidentally click on it and waste time reading all the nonsense :)

:laugh: when it came to rep, a couple things and ppl came to mind :)

Some ppl, though it might be hard to belive, have caried around neg rep bars for a very long time and I have more respect for them then some of the others with full farmed rep bars. My point is respect and the rep bar are to different things. Experience and the rep bar are 2 different things.

Question is are you getting what you want? I would guess not.

I dont really care how much exp you have doing whatever you do but for the type of feed back your getting, if your not getting exactly what you want, your doing something wrong. If I was your boss and I seen this much back lash, I would tell you to go to the mirror and say your fired. Ridicoulous, worse than my spelling and my comedy. Like a trust scam without the trust, just nutz! I dont have a lot of sympathy for resellers anyway but geez....coming into a game to be an uber reseller is not how to make friends...or money :silly2:

I haven't been able to read all of this just yet but Joker, you made a point that sheds some light on things for me.

In other words, I have been put in the place I am within the community from the beginning because I started a business in EU before depositing a large sum of money first, therefore giving the impression that since I have nothing invested, then nothing to lose and therefore I could more easily be a scammer of some kind..?

Is that pretty much it in a nutshell?

So then the flaming and trolling started further fueled by my surprise, misunderstanding and frustration which lead to my lashing out a few times which only made the snowball grow bigger to the point where I have people from all 4 corners of the world making up stories, exaggerating truths and tossing accusations all of which are believed by the masses hook line and sinker regardless of proof's I've offered or explanations thus ending up with my being the blacksheep in a total of less than 2 months.

I basically started a business with only $500 deposited in game, matched by my out of game investment, so $1,000 which to many here, I know is less than they spend in a month/week/hour etc, wasn't worth sneezing at let along enough to garner any trust or even patience within the community here.

It all makes a lot of sense when put into that perspective.

It's really a shame but, nothing I can do about it now.

you seem to hit it there mma.

Respect and trust comes in time imo.. I have quite a few ppl I know ingame that I would trust with practically anything and in turn like to think that there are some that know me think the same about me.... but this is only through countless conversations, hunts, enjoyable times even meetups irl.

That coupled with different transactions with reputable ppl, ranking in events and even posting on the forums (ppl respect truthfull personal oppinions and different spins on an already questionable subject etc etc) basicly being unique is the best way to get noticed... just that it has to be a decent kinda uniqueness :p not so much lashing out XD

Rip

Well, the first thing you don't want to do is come into a new community with guns blazing, trying to get everyone to invest money in your 'business', and be a money hungry fool, instead of being here to enjoy the game.

Yes..it's a game - deal with it.

You should be kind in general.
You should be helpful when you can.
You should be giving to an extent.
You should be informed about the game and the community.

And lastly, mmaBS, you should not make ignorant comments about a country's people, verbally abuse others who don't agree with you and threaten real life violence.

It's not that you didn't invest a large sum of money.
It's that came in and you wanted to play with other people's money, you wanted to be 'the businessman' of EU without knowing jack shit about EU.

Then, to top it all off - you started all the drama queen "look at me, I'm an attention whore" threads - then whining to mods when things don't go your way.

You should really have titled the thread "How do I fix the trainwreck that I've created out of my own online reputation." Because for me, and many that I know - you will never be able to recover from your behavior here on EF.

/rant.

I haven't been able to read all of this just yet but Joker, you made a point that sheds some light on things for me.

In other words, I have been put in the place I am within the community from the beginning because I started a business in EU before depositing a large sum of money first, therefore giving the impression that since I have nothing invested, then nothing to lose and therefore I could more easily be a scammer of some kind..?

So then the flaming and trolling started further fueled by my surprise, misunderstanding and frustration which lead to my lashing out a few times which only made the snowball grow bigger to the point where I have people from all 4 corners of the world making up stories, exaggerating truths and tossing accusations all of which are believed by the masses hook line and sinker regardless of proof's I've offered or explanations thus ending up with my being the blacksheep in a total of less than 2 months.

I basically started a business with only $500 deposited in game, matched by my out of game investment, so $1,000 which to many here, I know is less than they spend in a month/week/hour etc, wasn't worth sneezing at let along enough to garner any trust or even patience within the community here.

Not really no. Not for me anyhow, for me its your greed, your astonishing enthusiasm for making money off of other people. its also about your total lack of enthusiasm for EU, where you've expressed disdain at the game and its mechanics yet your willing to literally sell your soul for profit.

I think thats only been said about 1000 times though so you probably havent read it in between all the :shower:

You should really have titled the thread "How do I fix the trainwreck that I've created out of my own online reputation." Because for me, and many that I know - you will never be able to recover from your behavior here on EF.

But YourMom, he said this thread aint 'bout him! :rolleyes:

Oh right .. I ranted before about how you could have done better to build your repuation .. my bad. :rolleyes:

What builds reputation ..

Being one/some/all of the following :

Helpful
Kind
Generous
Entertaining
Knowledgable
and
NOT being a greedy ass.

In my case .. I have always spoke my mind, you never have to wonder what I'm thinking.
I've made a ton of fun movies for the community to enjoy.
I made a website dedicated to Entropia (that helps others .. not myself *nudge nudge*)
And, I am always there to lend a helping hand, whether it be tp runs, fapping a random dying green dot, giving away nub armor/weapons, etc.

Good luck fixing your trainwreck, dude.

Although I have a feeling this is just another one of your "look at me, I'm an attention whore, give me EFD threads" and you won't read it (just as you stated in your last post, here) nor will you do anything to try to better your 'reputation.'
Please prove me wrong .. :rolleyes:

LMAO, wow, just wow..

As I have already said, you only hear, what you want to hear.

You get a lot of heat because of your ACTIONS and ATTITUDE. What part of that do you not understand?? I would say a fraction of the heat you get, is due to your "investment idea" without depositing thousands of ped.

You really do believe you are the victim, huh? I bet you were the victim when you picked up all your real life criminal charges, huh?

You really do show that you have victim mentality.. Nothing is your fault, in your eyes.

Well, the first thing you don't want to do is come into a new community with guns blazing, trying to get everyone to invest money in your 'business', and be a money hungry fool, instead of being here to enjoy the game.

Yes..it's a game - deal with it.

You should be kind in general.
You should be helpful when you can.
You should be giving to an extent.
You should be informed about the game and the community.

And lastly, mmaBS, you should not make ignorant comments about a country's people, verbally abuse others who don't agree with you and threaten real life violence.

It's not that you didn't invest a large sum of money.
It's that came in and you wanted to play with other people's money, you wanted to be 'the businessman' of EU without knowing jack shit about EU.

Then, to top it all off - you started all the drama queen "look at me, I'm an attention whore" threads - then whining to mods when things don't go your way.

/rant.

Yomamma said it better than I could ;P

pretty much true... i mean your business model probably could work if you attacked it differntly... like started first to develope an avatar and understood the game... you went ballz out before completely understanding the game and you neded to do some research and general knowledge about items...

but it is true... with nothing invested... you have nothing to loose... and people are admittedly skeptic in this game cause so many have been taken advantage of already... but i do assume you are an honest business man... it was the people before your who have given you a bad name i believe... that mixed with a little bit of greed...

i hope ya dont let them run you off though... have you really tried to play the game yet? maybe u will like it... and in due time you will make the connections and have a viable businsess

pretty much true... i mean your business model probably could work if you attacked it differntly...

or if he didn't use it as an attack? ;)

Of course I've been playing the game.
I'm a level 9 Pet Handler, I have levels 2-5 in the various crafting professions, hunting skills etc.

I would be interested to know my total skill points if there was a way to get that easily.

As far as my greed, I really just don't see what I do as being greedy. I know a lot of businessmen who ARE very greedy and they call me a purist. In the Real World I'm a purist, here I'm a greedy SOB. I can only assume people here consider me greedy because I came in guns blazing with a fun idea that involved other peoples money. Ok, I'll give them that. But when I came up with my idea, it wasn't about the money. The money plan was to entice people to get involved. I just wanted to run an LA and get into promoting events. I just have 5 mouths to feed and can't afford to dump $30,000 into EU personally.

It's funny because in RL I'm considered extremely generous. Here, I'm a greedy miser.

I was up late last night admittedly bothered by all of the bashing, accusations and lies etc. I talked to my wife about it and actually questioned myself. Am I really all of these things and just not realize it?

She told me I was stupid for letting people on a forum make me second guess who I was. None of you know me for anything other than the words I type which are often misunderstood and emotionless. You can't feel my energy when I say things. With me, it's not so much the words out of my mouth that explain things to people, it's my body language and the look in my eyes. These are things that without knowing me on a personal level you can't possibly understand my motives.

So, I came to the conclusion that yes, my blunt and open ways on a discussion forum will be easily misunderstood by many and assumptions of my character will be made. There isn't a whole lot I can do about that.

I made plenty of mistakes in EU, but I've also accomplished some pretty big things already, like me or not. There are people who see the truth in me and are willing to give me a shot.

And I keep seeing people make comments about my "criminal past". I got a DUI once on a rainy night after a slew of problems created by a crazy ex girlfriend. My investor now owned a nightclub downtown I used to bounce at. One night I went down there and got lit on Dirty Martinis. I called my GF at the time to come down and get me. She came down and decided to stay and hang out a while. To make a long story short, a guy called her a whore (he was right) and I didn't know about it until later. She finally told me and got mad that I didn't knock him out. So outside in the parking lot she yelled and screamed etc, so I went back into the bar and walked the guy by his neck across the street to apologize to her. He did. It was over, but she wasn't satisfied and drove off like a maniac. Drunk, I went after her in my car in the rain and slid into another card. DUI.

I had a horrible traffic history for a while. I was young.

I had an assault charge which I'm not at all ashamed of. Don't start shit with the biggest guy in the bar and expect to walk away looking like a tough guy. Best advice I can give anyone there.

A phone harrasment was my ex parents doing after leaving a shitty voicemail about what a crazy whore she was. That was later dropped because I think her parents learned to agree with me. heh

And finally, the apartment I was "evicted" from happened because I got in a bad car accident in my 96 Dodge Avenger (that saved my life) because a guy in a huge 350 truck raced through a red light while I was driving through a green light and we met head on in the middle. It put the front of my car practically under my seat. Broke my nose, busted me up pretty bad. Car totalled. It took over 7 months to get the settlement from the insurance company and in that time, I lost my GF at the time, my car, my job because of my car and my apartment because of my job.

Not to mention the fact that all of this happened between 10 and 12 years ago.

Thanks for drudging it all back up for shits and giggles as if it has anything to do with me being some kind of serial killer or con man.

But when I came up with my idea, it wasn't about the money. The money plan was to entice people to get involved. I just wanted to run an LA and get into promoting events. I just have 5 mouths to feed and can't afford to dump $30,000 into EU personally.

Yeah... almost everything I have seen you post has been about money :rolleyes:

You claim that the LA is just for fun, but I am sry... can't just totally belive you...

Also, didn't you say in one of your first threads here that you could use your own money but that you wanted to get other people to invest because of "the fun of it"? ....right.

Thanks for drudging it all back up for shits and giggles as if it has anything to do with me being some kind of serial killer or con man.

Who ever accused you of being a serial killer?

Who ever accused you of being a serial killer?

no one from what I have seen, maybe he just accidently admitted to being one? :rolleyes:

How to get a positive rep??? hmmm....my suggestion.....go to Twin and act slutty and flirt with ubahs. Worked for me ;P Heck I am marrying one in October!

But it really does seem like somehow you instantly created a negative image for yourself. It isnt like Dj to go off on anyone and she sure doesnt make any bones about how she feels about you. Alot of the 'community' like and respect Dj, so I think you may have put yourself into a situation here mate. You might wanna back off for a while and let things cool down imo.

I have RL investors for my businesses. One of them told me about EU a few years back. I could invest into a Land Area of my own if I wanted to, but it wouldn't be as much fun.

I wanted to create something in EU, about EU and get people directly from EU involved.

My investor can barely use email let alone hang out with me in EU hunting on our LA. It just wouldn't be the same.

I have RL investors for my businesses. One of them told me about EU a few years back. I could invest into a Land Area of my own if I wanted to, but it wouldn't be as much fun.

I wanted to create something in EU, about EU and get people directly from EU involved.

My investor can barely use email let alone hang out with me in EU hunting on our LA. It just wouldn't be the same.

hm okay but that still means that you lied...

Back