Question: What builds reputation in EU, in your eyes?

Thats what I'm trying to figure out Oleg.
I'm not here to get rich. I'm here to try and enjoy some entrepreneurial fun in a game I enjoy playing.

First, you are here to get rich, at least, that is what every other post you wrote says. Also, Entropia Universe is not a game, but a virtual universe with gameplay-elements. So, let us know what game you are playing. Oh, and I suggest you go do your homework, before somebody makes you stand in the corner and think about what you did. For instance, read the participant guide, or alices guide http://www.alice-pe.tk

How to get a positive rep??? hmmm....my suggestion.....go to Twin and act slutty and flirt with ubahs. Worked for me ;P Heck I am marrying one in October!

Gratz! I'll be sure to congratulate Vixen when I see him in game... oh.. wait..

By every meaningful definition alcohol is a drug. It just happens to be a legal one, like nicotine or caffeine, that's all.

Plenty of Dutch players I know smoke cannabis - so do plenty of non-Dutch players. I don't feel that what substances a person chooses to take is relevant here. However DUI puts others at risk and I take it that you're not going to do it again?

Real-life information is not to be posted about any member on this forum.

A user may post real-life information about themselves should they choose to do so. But a user may not post real-life information, whether its true or false, about any other user.

Continued infringement of this rule is almost guaranteed to result in a ban.

Forum Rules said:
Rule # 10
Posting personal real world information about a member, administrator or moderator is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any threads and/or posts with this type of content will be edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum. This includes any information about a forum member or EntropiaUniverse avatar that reveals their real name, address, occupation, or other such sensitive information, regardless of the source.

The DUI I got was a HUGE mistake. And of course after not getting a 2nd one in over what was it, 9 or 10 years, yeah don't think I'll be playing that card again. I spent a day or two in jail because of that DUI and I was in there with a guy looking at a life sentence for killing an entire family, mother, father and two children while driving drunk and I couldn't believe the thought that it could just as easily have been me.

Never again. I didn't have so much as a beer for over 7 years after that night.

You talking about your criminal past only goes to show you don't read the replies in your own threads. :rolleyes:

The posts were deleted .. and unless you want others to know at your disclosure about your past - you might wanna edit yours.

Oh yea .. and since you don't seem to read most of the posts .. allow me to recap :

Well, the first thing you don't want to do is come into a new community with guns blazing, trying to get everyone to invest money in your 'business', and be a money hungry fool, instead of being here to enjoy the game.

Yes..it's a game - deal with it.

You should be kind in general.
You should be helpful when you can.
You should be giving to an extent.
You should be informed about the game and the community.

And lastly, mmaBS, you should not make ignorant comments about a country's people, verbally abuse others who don't agree with you and threaten real life violence.

It's not that you didn't invest a large sum of money.
It's that came in and you wanted to play with other people's money, you wanted to be 'the businessman' of EU without knowing jack shit about EU.

Then, to top it all off - you started all the drama queen "look at me, I'm an attention whore" threads - then whining to mods when things don't go your way.

You should really have titled the thread "How do I fix the trainwreck that I've created out of my own online reputation."
Because for me, and many that I know - you will never be able to recover from your behavior here on EF.

/rant.

MMA,
Your inability to accept advice, admit mistakes, and use common sense, combined with your sorted background.. make you a prime candidate for a politician.
Please go run for congressman or senator... EU is too small a fish for your talents..

Ah Cent, I can always rely on you to make me laugh and steal a thread!
I miss playing with ya.
:hug:

Gratz! I'll be sure to congratulate Vixen when I see him in game... oh.. wait..

Reactions: 711
Danielle, I've read your post the first and second time you posted it.

I will say that I agree with a lot of what you've said in hindsight, but we all know that is 20/20 all the time. Maybe I wont ever earn your respect and I have to accept that. I'm human enough to know that I'm not perfect and yet I've always been willing to forgive people that have wronged me in my life from ex girlfriends or friends who have stolen from me or done other things.

I'm not really asking everyone to like me, but if you don't which is fine, why chase me around everywhere I go to tell me unless you have another motive? Not meaning you specifically, but anyone.

There are people on this forum I don't particularly care for but you don't see me trying to hijack all of their threads to spite them. In some cases I've even sent PM's to try and burry the hatchet.

I'm a generous and forgiving person with a huge heart and I can't fault anyone here for not seeing that based on what I've demonstrated thus far, I get it. When you are dealing with an emotional guy like myself who does have a big heart, those emotions can either be positive or scary. Just depends on who you are.

A lot has changed about me since starting a family. Hell two years ago I was single, living in a very well respected part of Cincinnati eating out down the street 2-3 times a day. Then I met this wonderful girl, we dated, she got prego rather quickly and everything changed. She had a son from a previous relationship and I took them both in, move out of my bachelor pad in Mt Adams and into our first home. Here we are two years later with 2 young girls and a 6 year old son whose father is wanting me to adopt him because he just started having to pay child support (AFTER 6 YEARS) and is a deadbeat loser and things have changed. Had to get a bigger house, where we are now and a Tahoe for Lacy and the kids and yeah, I do worry about money more nowadays. Every time I look at my children I'm afraid of failing them. Yeah, the fight promotion is going well, but it may not last forever. My dot com which has cost over $300,000 and 3 years to develop is coming close to a beta launch which is great, but it could flop. I'm preparing to get everything situated in case I need to join the police force if things dont work out. As a self employed guy in the good Ole US of Fascism it's scary as hell right now.

So I guess what I'm saying in a long winded late night sort of way is, yeah, I worry about money every day, but certainly not out of greed. Simple responsibility. If I can make money while playing an MMO I enjoy and kill two birds with one stone, the wife is happy and so am I.

I could have gone about things differently and you know what, I wish I had. But I can't change those things now. All I can do is try to learn from this experience and push on.

To this day I've never screwed or scammed anyone. I don't feel I should be treated as though I have. I would NEVER do such a thing. But yeah, I may be a little aggressive sometimes and I'm going to try and calm things down a bit.

After many years (I'll be 39 in Nov) of trying to understand people I gave up; not because I can't, but because I realized that.. we are DIFFERENT!
I work in IT, and for a while I did some Project Management stuff; I was chosen because my ability to resolve the most impossible situation. How I did that... it's a different story: it came from experience, and I would use anything to make a certain project go (old friends, free software of the internet etc.).
While my boss is the kind of guy that just want things done, no matter what, some of the clients I worked for are different; what to me it seemed like an awesome idea, to them it was basically crap, for one reason or another.

I really hope you'll understand what I was trying to say; I can't allow myself to give other people advice, especially to people I don't know, so please take it "as is".

Jason (MMA), EF moderators, and EF community.

I would like to take the time and apologize for my actions here of late. I am sorry Jason for posting any and all real life information about you. I am sorry to the moderators for having to clean up the mess. I am sorry to the community for having to read the mess. We all live and learn, it is sad that the damage is already done.

I am almost 26 years old, and that was some child ass shit that I did. I really don't have a reason for the actions that I did, other than I was a dumbass. The people that have known me, know that is something out of character for me.

So, to keep the thread ontopic. What I did was a great way to ruin your (as in mine) reputation (both IRL and in game).

Once again, I am sorry for my actions.

Snag

Sorry for the cussing, just getting my point across.

EDIT #2. I forgot to mention this (remembered just now as a rep I received just a few minutes ago). Yes, this is sincere, and no I am not looking to "farm rep". When a man makes a mistake and he knows it, he should make a sincere apology. Sometimes we/I can forget that people do have feelings behind the monitor. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt somebodys feelings. At the time, it seemed like it was all fun and game, but that is not the case. I am not saying that I hurt Jasons feelings, and he didn't state that to me either.

Jason posted his RL name with good intentions, and I took it to the extreme. If I never brought any of it up, Jason would not have to relive it all again, and he would not have to answer questions related to what I posted.

Once again, I am sorry for the grief I caused to everyone.

Last edited:

I would like to take the time and apologize for my actions here of late. I am sorry Jason for posting any and all real life information about you. I am sorry to the moderators for having to clean up the mess. I am sorry to the community for having to read the mess. We all live and learn, it is sad that the damage is already done.

I am almost 26 years old, and that was some child ass shit that I did. I really don't have a reason for the actions that I did, other than I was a dumbass. The people that have known me, know that is something out of character for me.

So, to keep the thread ontopic. What I did was a great way to ruin your (as in mine) reputation (both IRL and in game).

Snag

EDIT #2. I forgot to mention this (remembered just now as a rep I received just a few minutes ago). Yes, this is sincere, and no I am not looking to "farm rep". When a man makes a mistake and he knows it, he should make a sincere apology. Sometimes we/I can forget that people do have feelings behind the monitor. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt somebodys feelings. At the time, it seemed like it was all fun and game, but that is not the case. I am not saying that I hurt Jasons feelings, and he didn't state that to me either.

Jason posted his RL name with good intentions, and I took it to the extreme. If I never brought any of it up, Jason would not have to relive it all again, and he would not have to answer questions related to what I posted.

Hi Snag,

That was very big of you to apologize for this "mishap", even though it was not aimed at me, I took it personally and got very mad.

[removed]

Im going to give you +rep for being a stand-up guy after all, and wish you all the best in the future!

This is the reason I love EF :D

screw landgrabs and get on with the thread-warz!! ;)

:whisper:

Last edited by a moderator:
how to build reputation.

in this case, yours. all the general advice is good, but I don't think that it's been specific enough. normally, I try not become invovled in this sort of thing, but I felt you might appreciate some friendly advice.

let's consider the sale you're brokering. brokering for someone is a good thing. it saves time for the seller and organises the buyers. if it's done correctly everybody is happy and the broker makes a commission for his efforts.

I find your current sale to be completely confusing. as such, it is not my intention to bid on anything. why is this? well, it's too open ended and boils down to we'll contiune until the seller has a price he wants to sell at.

so, I could make a bid that I think is fair only to have it rejected by the seller because it's not what he wanted. this wastes my time, the sellers time, and your time.

it would be so much simplier if the "suggested" prices were firm sell prices. the seller will sell for this. if I bid, I will get my item, unless someone out bids me. this is good for me, the seller, and you (as it ensures your commission on the item - which by the way should be included in the sell price). everybody would be happy and the show would look stop looking like some kind of circus.

if the sellers prices are unreasonable, then no one will buy anything. it's your job, as the broker, to recognise this and reject acting as agent for such a sale or convince the seller to be reasonable.

after holding a few sales under this model, you will garner a reputation as a fair, reasonable, and honest person. one who is trusted by both sellers and buyers alike. which, I would think, is exactly how a broker would wish to position themself.

anyway, best of luck with what you're trying to do. reputation is an important thing around here. it is common for people to give away items to another worth thousands of dollars based on their reputation. they do this because the know the receiver will later give it back. it's important to note that I specifically avoided the use of the word lend in the last sentance - becase within PE/EU there is no mechanism to lend someone something, it's all based on trust.

Hi Snag,

That was very big of you to apologize for this "mishap", even though it was not aimed at me, I took it personally and got very mad.

Im going to give you +rep for being a stand-up guy after all, and wish you all the best in the future!

This is the reason I love EF :D

screw landgrabs and get on with the thread-warz!! ;)

:whisper:

I took out one part that you wrote, with the intention of my post not being edited.

As for the part I took out, I understand you said it out of anger. I can not fault you for saying it. I am sure you are not the only person that I pissed off for my actions.

As you noticed, it is easy to apologize when you know it is the correct thing to do, and when you mean it.

Thanks for your apology. I guess in your words that makes you a "stand up guy" too. I seriously wish you the best also, same with everyone else.

I am getting ready to hit the sack. I will chek on this thread when I get up and reply to all of you.

Thanks again,

Snag

(one request. As long as the thread stays as it is going, could you mods PLEASE leave it unlocked. I know it has gone WAY offtopic for the most part, but I think I owe everyone an apology that replies.)

Thanks

Since, as you said, "I'm not looking to 'farm rep' ", I won't +rep you for this.

But I do wish to point out to others in this thread - this is how Men handle disagreements, and how Gentlemen settle them. After realizing we screwed up, we ARE Honour-bound to apologize for it, and (in some cases) make reparations.

This brings to mind an incident in my early months of EF, I accidentally made a derogatory comment which severely upset a new friend I had, and I got slammed for it - I had made an apology after I realized how much damage I had done, and haven't done it since.
We are human - mistakes happen. I expect this, and only when I see perfection do I suspect a problem :laugh:.

I am glad, now, that these things are cooling down, and regular communication can happen - when people post from a source of emotion, nine times out of ten you will have tempers flare. Let's keep it all civil now, communicate like adults, and we can make sure to get rid of all misunderstandings and misgivings... I hope ;).

So anyways, here is a phantom +rep, Snag!

Snag

Snag, your apology is accepted mate.

I posted who I was and explained to everyone that I am an open book with nothing to hide. Well, I still am. The only problems I have with posting things like that are when people take things way out of context or make up details that don't exist to paint a picture.

It's all good now Snag, don't sweat it. I really don't hold grudges so we'll both move forward better people.

I'd like to post a formal apology for my ignorance from the start but I don't even know where to begin. haha

Cheers.

The question posed by Jason was simple ... and many have posted good responses that I'm sure have been helpful, but why are there a select few who find it necessary to continue riding that flame wave instead of being constructive toward giving this guy some understanding. I see no value in many posts in this thread because they're nothing but a continued personal attack, which does nothing but incite and cause the thread to become yet another battleground. For some, it's nothing but insult after insult, which is clearly not a means to address what I feel is a genuine question.

I find it interesting that ... many are throwing out insults and flaming comments in one breath, while trying to explain in another what the standard is for gaining a better reputation. If you want to educate a person in how to be more accepted or appreciated in this community, it's not done in the manner some of you are putting forth here, because it doesn't make a person too receptive to the input. It only continues to back the person up into the corner further, and then as human as we all are, enough becomes enough before the lashing out is returned ... and I don't blame him one bit.

Some people ... don't know how to be constructive, and think it's cool to be rude and flaming while trying to get their point across, rather than taking it as an opportunity to be helpful. Continuing to beat the man down with rude and insulting posts isn't going to foster the kind of change some of you feel he needs to make, which I find laughable because the first thing that comes to mind is "role modeling" and how much of that by some is not going on ... at least not in a positive way.

He's right about one thing though ... bringing up personal situations from the past to add salt in the already opened wound without knowing the full scope of the events was just an unfair thing to do. I appreciate that he took the time to explain those situations that some felt the need to expose (especially being years old), but he shouldn't have had to do that. We are all splendidly IM-perfect, with all having room to improve, but I'm sure it feels better on the other side of this rock-throwing than having to dodge them.

I don't think any one of you ... would appreciate having something personal like that put on a public forum where people draw their own conclusions without all the facts. Yes, he could have handled some situations better (he said that himself), but no one is mistake-free ... no one, and ... as a point of reference ... people post quite a bit about how they get drunk and do stupid things ... someone even made a thread about it. I wonder how many of you throwing insults around here posted in that thread. It's easy to point the finger, but a lot harder being on the other end of that finger.

It's ok to disagree with someone ... but for those who feel the need to throw flames and continue to beat a person down, tell me how that's supposed to be effective and inspire a person to change. Maybe it's just your style, and others think you're cool, but the continuation of it is just pure bullying IMO. Helping someone doesn't mean being part of a firing squad.

I fully expect a few to be defensive ... and come back at me with rude and flaming comments, but it will just prove my point even more. :D For some, disagreeing with another's point of view doesn't mean a right or wrong situation, but rather just a different perspective. My perspective is ... it's far more effective to be constructive, because it affords you a better opportunity to motivate and inspire the desired result. A person's way of communicating tells much, and despite not fully agreeing with how Jason came into this community, I at least can give him credit for making the effort to respond more constructively than not to some of the posts that he's had to deal with. Yes, I feel that the majority of his posts are constructive, but again, what would you do if backed into the corner as much as he has been?

To Jason ... in response to your question ... I think for the most part, there's never been anyone quite like you who has entered our community "with guns blazing" so to speak ... as some might term it ... so I can fully understand this whole circus of events that has transpired recently.

However ... after reading every post in every thread, your website, and what data was available to me to review ... this is my perspective ... you are definitely an ambitious person, which is not to say that it's a bad thing at all. I feel you genuinely saw an opportunity to bring something into the community that might be of benefit. Don't worry about the whole "greed" thing, because there are those who talk that way about the "ubers" as well, and those who are actually making a living, or at least a supplemental income from what they do in EU as a profession.

I understand your motives ... and there's no doubt in my mind that others in this community have the same motives in mind when it comes to their activity within EU ... they want to profit, but ... while I also understand your energy in this respect, perhaps it might have been a better choice to not be so engaging at the level you introduced yourself. Meaning ... a continuous and "in your face" posting of threads (no matter what your motives) with content that, mistakenly or not, gave a bad impression right out the gate. In contrast, your fight promotions IRL are just that ... a real "in your face" proposition that "gets attention" and gets it fast, but that approach doesn't work in every environment as you have witnessed here.

I think ... your idea is a good one, and perhaps can be beneficial for the community once things settle down more, but would take it a step at a time and perhaps settle down yourself a little in the process and take a deep breath. Give yourself an opportunity to analyze all of this and the input that has been presented you, and then go from there. Many, in spite of the constant rudeness and flaming, have actually given some good advice, so take it to heart, sort it out, and maybe drop back 10 yards and punt. ;)

Hear Hear ! I think this post sums up things pretty well Jason ;)

Also JimmyB has seen a bit in his days as moderator,
Well thought out and impartial to the advise given ;)

I think you just need to sit back for a while. Stop making posts about yourself, or how to win people over, etc. If you keep feeding the circus, it'll just carry on. You can't ever win everyone over, and you can't win anyone over overnight. Over time, your actions will speak for you. Reputation is something that is acquired slowly.

Separate yourself from your business. Your loud marketting approach for Entropia Holdings may well work. But to gain personal acceptance on the forum requires a bit of patience and a lower profile perhaps.

I for one, will be quite grateful when the day comes that there are no longer any 14 page threads about you bumping around on the forum. And I suspect you'll feel happier with your reputation by the time that day comes.

On the last point Jimmy, I bet you will be :laugh:

I think I gave up reading the threads in the discussion area at around the half way mark.

In addition to those points above,

Yes Jason, you have been through the wringer quite a few times, at first I thought someone had left the machine on a continuous spin dry cycle, though started to become aware of actions in which you kept this cycle from completing.

I however do not agree with the community's response and behaviour within sales threads ...

Once I see the community cross the line between being destructive in general discussion threads and continuing this destructive behaviour in business sales threads, hence pulling down the reputation of EntropiaForum as a whole, I need to become vocal as it puts my own interests at risk with future plans within Entropia.

Even though I did want to see you get a fair go so to speak, my intervention in your sales threads went beyond yourself and the business you were conducting to address greater concerns in lowering EntropiaForum's portal reputation.

Even though the Forum has it's rules and guidelines as to prevent such behaviour from people within the community transversing from general to sales threads;

When people are fired up and working off unmanaged emotions, they tend to forget their limits and in turn become unconciously destructive.

This destructiveness inevitably is not only being directed at what your on about with EH, but also impacts upon the repuatation of EntropiaForum as a whole from a real world perspective as being the premium community portal to conduct real business and get the job done;

In turn also damaging their own and everyone elses position & reputation within the community collectively.

Even though myself and a couple of investors I have been working with for the past year to get involved in EU were reviewing your progress as one of their selected case studies into integration of new business into Entropia;

It is rather evident that the developing EU environment is *not at this time* in a matured enough state to *easily* accept new integration in any real investment sense.

This will change quite rapidly once China comes online, they do not stuff around when it comes to business ;) What has occured to you to this point in their eyes is insignificant, EF is simply branded as the place not to go to conduct business if they want to get the job done and that is the end of that.

So stick with it, just take it easy for a while. These times are just side issues you will need to deal with, in having come in pre-maturely into Entropia & EntropiaForum with your initial loud marketting style.

I do see you slowly adapting your style & approach which is never a bad thing, welcome to the dynamic environment Entropia is :)

Even though your initial style is common in the real world, it is not easily accepted at this point in a primarily gamer based community still coming to terms with changes that are on the way.

Transition periods are always the most turbulent periods and I think you have come to experience this first hand :D

On the bright side though,

I feel 711 now realises your situation is not going to be an isolated one and shall be repeated over the next couple of years once Cry2 goes live if proper mechanisms/features are not put into place.

I do hope however, 711 does implement some form of mechanism/feature for preventing what has occured to you, from occur to others in sales threads in the future.

I think this has finally caught 711's attention in waking up to the fact that his own interests are also on the table with the external world reputation of EntropiaForum as a whole from the industry and business entrepreneur's perspective which also has the potential if things go sour, to bleed over to his other vested interests within Entropia.

Even though the man is doing great things for our community, he also seems to spread himself a little too thin with all the projects he has taken onboard.

So for now, my advise is, finish what your currently working upon. Then chill out for a few weeks to a month and come back to it.

Let people here digest what has occured first, instead of having them eat more in such a short space of time.

Rethink your strategy and approach to cater for the current state of the community and Entropia environment, maybe tone it down a little and you will do fine.

A person once said, the harder you push for something, the further you push yourself away from obtaining it. (Your goals within Entropia)

Peace,
Sparkz

Last edited:
The question posed by Jason was simple ... and many have posted good responses that I'm sure have been helpful, but why are there a select few who find it necessary to continue riding that flame wave instead of being constructive toward giving this guy some understanding. I see no value in many posts in this thread because they're nothing but a continued personal attack, which does nothing but incite and cause the thread to become yet another battleground. For some, it's nothing but insult after insult, which is clearly not a means to address what I feel is a genuine question.

I find it interesting that ... many are throwing out insults and flaming comments in one breath, while trying to explain in another what the standard is for gaining a better reputation. If you want to educate a person in how to be more accepted or appreciated in this community, it's not done in the manner some of you are putting forth here, because it doesn't make a person too receptive to the input. It only continues to back the person up into the corner further, and then as human as we all are, enough becomes enough before the lashing out is returned ... and I don't blame him one bit.

Some people ... don't know how to be constructive, and think it's cool to be rude and flaming while trying to get their point across, rather than taking it as an opportunity to be helpful. Continuing to beat the man down with rude and insulting posts isn't going to foster the kind of change some of you feel he needs to make, which I find laughable because the first thing that comes to mind is "role modeling" and how much of that by some is not going on ... at least not in a positive way.

He's right about one thing though ... bringing up personal situations from the past to add salt in the already opened wound without knowing the full scope of the events was just an unfair thing to do. I appreciate that he took the time to explain those situations that some felt the need to expose (especially being years old), but he shouldn't have had to do that. We are all splendidly IM-perfect, with all having room to improve, but I'm sure it feels better on the other side of this rock-throwing than having to dodge them.

I don't think any one of you ... would appreciate having something personal like that put on a public forum where people draw their own conclusions without all the facts. Yes, he could have handled some situations better (he said that himself), but no one is mistake-free ... no one, and ... as a point of reference ... people post quite a bit about how they get drunk and do stupid things ... someone even made a thread about it. I wonder how many of you throwing insults around here posted in that thread. It's easy to point the finger, but a lot harder being on the other end of that finger.

It's ok to disagree with someone ... but for those who feel the need to throw flames and continue to beat a person down, tell me how that's supposed to be effective and inspire a person to change. Maybe it's just your style, and others think you're cool, but the continuation of it is just pure bullying IMO. Helping someone doesn't mean being part of a firing squad.

I fully expect a few to be defensive ... and come back at me with rude and flaming comments, but it will just prove my point even more. :D For some, disagreeing with another's point of view doesn't mean a right or wrong situation, but rather just a different perspective. My perspective is ... it's far more effective to be constructive, because it affords you a better opportunity to motivate and inspire the desired result. A person's way of communicating tells much, and despite not fully agreeing with how Jason came into this community, I at least can give him credit for making the effort to respond more constructively than not to some of the posts that he's had to deal with. Yes, I feel that the majority of his posts are constructive, but again, what would you do if backed into the corner as much as he has been?

To Jason ... in response to your question ... I think for the most part, there's never been anyone quite like you who has entered our community "with guns blazing" so to speak ... as some might term it ... so I can fully understand this whole circus of events that has transpired recently.

However ... after reading every post in every thread, your website, and what data was available to me to review ... this is my perspective ... you are definitely an ambitious person, which is not to say that it's a bad thing at all. I feel you genuinely saw an opportunity to bring something into the community that might be of benefit. Don't worry about the whole "greed" thing, because there are those who talk that way about the "ubers" as well, and those who are actually making a living, or at least a supplemental income from what they do in EU as a profession.

I understand your motives ... and there's no doubt in my mind that others in this community have the same motives in mind when it comes to their activity within EU ... they want to profit, but ... while I also understand your energy in this respect, perhaps it might have been a better choice to not be so engaging at the level you introduced yourself. Meaning ... a continuous and "in your face" posting of threads (no matter what your motives) with content that, mistakenly or not, gave a bad impression right out the gate. In contrast, your fight promotions IRL are just that ... a real "in your face" proposition that "gets attention" and gets it fast, but that approach doesn't work in every environment as you have witnessed here.

I think ... your idea is a good one, and perhaps can be beneficial for the community once things settle down more, but would take it a step at a time and perhaps settle down yourself a little in the process and take a deep breath. Give yourself an opportunity to analyze all of this and the input that has been presented you, and then go from there. Many, in spite of the constant rudeness and flaming, have actually given some good advice, so take it to heart, sort it out, and maybe drop back 10 yards and punt. ;)

I think this is a great post, so I quoted the whole thing! +rep!!!
And I don't think that MMA is a bad guy!
MindStar9, this was such a smart post! :wtg:

Mega, you keep reaching for that straw and it isn't there.

Lavawalker, and I have no connection.

When I first came to EU he offered advice and warning while expressing interest in the investment fund. Nothing more.

There is no conspiracy. heh

Mega, you keep reaching for that straw and it isn't there.

Lavawalker, and I have no connection.

When I first came to EU he offered advice and warning while expressing interest in the investment fund. Nothing more.

There is no conspiracy. heh

Must be some sort of hero worship thing going on then.

I read you had 7 agents in a message you sent out, 3 have left your employ due to dissatisfaction with your business prowess / ethics. Sndlwood is an active one, and wanted to see if Lavawalker was one of the 3 others.

He's a devoted fan though, I'll give you that. :D

Since, as you said, "I'm not looking to 'farm rep' ", I won't +rep you for this.

But I do wish to point out to others in this thread - this is how Men handle disagreements, and how Gentlemen settle them. After realizing we screwed up, we ARE Honour-bound to apologize for it, and (in some cases) make reparations.

This brings to mind an incident in my early months of EF, I accidentally made a derogatory comment which severely upset a new friend I had, and I got slammed for it - I had made an apology after I realized how much damage I had done, and haven't done it since.
We are human - mistakes happen. I expect this, and only when I see perfection do I suspect a problem :laugh:.

I am glad, now, that these things are cooling down, and regular communication can happen - when people post from a source of emotion, nine times out of ten you will have tempers flare. Let's keep it all civil now, communicate like adults, and we can make sure to get rid of all misunderstandings and misgivings... I hope ;).

So anyways, here is a phantom +rep, Snag!

Snuab,

Thanks for the kind words. It sucks that I/we made a mistake, but that is what humans do. From here on out, I will make sure this does not happen again!

Take care buddy and thanks again.

Snag

Snag, your apology is accepted mate.

I posted who I was and explained to everyone that I am an open book with nothing to hide. Well, I still am. The only problems I have with posting things like that are when people take things way out of context or make up details that don't exist to paint a picture.

It's all good now Snag, don't sweat it. I really don't hold grudges so we'll both move forward better people.

I'd like to post a formal apology for my ignorance from the start but I don't even know where to begin. haha

Cheers.

Jason,

First off, thanks for accepting my apology. Even though this is a "virutal world" it does mean a lot.

I am not 100% sure what you owe an apology for? Looks like I started the mess in this thread, not you. I looked at your other posts and you did apologize for the 2 major mistakes you made (the mistakes you made a week or so ago). In a reply to you (can't remember the thread right now) I told you I could never forgive you for it. I wish I never said that, as I said that out of anger. Ofcourse, I can and did forgive you for it. Did I go back to the thread and say so? No. I am saying it here, though.

You are right, you did say you have nothing to hide and you were an open book. You felt secure enough to give out your real life name as a way to build rep. I took that to the extreme.

I hope that I/we can all move forward from here on out. The mistakes I made I hope can only make me stronger.

Thanks again for talking to me, Jason.

Take care and I hope everything works out for you!

Snag

Yeah Snag, whatever...Now please, you and Jason go get a fuc7ing room thanx, or Im gonna hurl.

Someone pass the bucket.

:rolleyes:

Ta,

Why did you colour silver a full stop lol?

Coz this blooming forum requires 10 characters and so posts with ledd thatn that require something "extra" to make them work.

Or. Maybe it was an groovy reference towards you requiring a silver bucket, as a rusty brown one would just not be cricket.

Oh, and by the way, if you are finished with it, get someone else to slosh it out. I have 3 kids and have done my share.

Coz this blooming forum requires 10 characters and so posts with ledd thatn that require something "extra" to make them work.

Or. Maybe it was an groovy reference towards you requiring a silver bucket, as a rusty brown one would just not be cricket.

Oh, and by the way, if you are finished with it, get someone else to slosh it out. I have 3 kids and have done my share.

Now calm down there Safara,

You have 5 mouths to feed.

My silver bucket containing my last meal may help :laugh:

Back