Version Update 10.0 Announcement

Thanks, Marco!

4 GB of client? Wow!

That nothing most now dewloped games are 5 to 6g the download is fast using torrent because you share with many ppl.
As for those that are on optical high and internet that like 18 min to download.;)

Woohoo, bring it on :)

Overall, I'm quite happy about the announcement.... but I'm still realistic and this:

it would be rapid successive vu updates so no reason to get annoyed, will come in like a day or a few more perhaps.

almost made me fall off my chair laughing! "rapid successive vu updates" from MindArk? We have been waiting 2 years for this announcement, remember?! :laugh:

Is this the optimal requirements for VU 10, or is it old? From planetcalypso.com: ""Optimal Requirements The optimal specification will give you the best possible experience of the Entropia Universe, and you may feel confident that your system will perform well with all features enabled. Internet Connection: ADSL or better Operating System: Windows XP or Vista Computer Processor: Intel Pentium D/Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better. Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or higher / ATI Radeon R600 Series (2900 or higher) Graphics Card that supports Shader 3.0 or higher DirectX: Version 9.0c Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels Hard Drive Space: 3 GB of free space...""

Don't quite understand why you guys release features in patches now but hey let's think positive. Finally a DATE and we are nearly there ;)

Let's hope all works to plans !!! :ahh:

:wtg:

Finally! :yay:

Awesome! :wtg:

Well, i'll be...

Now i've got visions of bobblehead molisks and rubberbanding dancing in my head.

all i need is see laser dot when attach laser sight
all i need is to see blood when i hit mob
all i need is to see Mob VS Mob fight again

Hope its inside VU :rolleyes::bowdown:

I... Love... You!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3!!

Weeeeeeeeeeee

great news , not a day 2 early ;)

Only confused about the date ( in the midle of the mounth ) thats all :scratch2:

Woooot. Woooooootttt!!!!

Is this the optimal requirements for VU 10, or is it old? From planetcalypso.com: ""Optimal Requirements The optimal specification will give you the best possible experience of the Entropia Universe, and you may feel confident that your system will perform well with all features enabled. Internet Connection: ADSL or better Operating System: Windows XP or Vista Computer Processor: Intel Pentium D/Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better. Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or higher / ATI Radeon R600 Series (2900 or higher) Graphics Card that supports Shader 3.0 or higher DirectX: Version 9.0c Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels Hard Drive Space: 3 GB of free space...""

Those are exactly the same as the current requirements, so I highly doubt its the new.

BitTorrent, they heard me xD
i'd say they heard me, as i posted about it a couple of times and sent a couple of support tickets about it AND pm'd marco and simon and frank about it xD... but whatever :p
Great news!

Can someone post a link on how to use bittorrent? I'd like to get the patch that way!

already done :) just check the new posts.

Overall, I'm quite happy about the announcement.... but I'm still realistic and this:

almost made me fall off my chair laughing! "rapid successive vu updates" from MindArk? We have been waiting 2 years for this announcement, remember?! :laugh:
lol true i guess :p

I noticed that the Taming system was not mentioned anywhere in the release...except I guess to say that in Version 10.2 major new systems will be introduced and new ones expanded...Marco if you are reading, a small comment on this?

That nothing most now dewloped games are 5 to 6g the download is fast using torrent because you share with many ppl.
As for those that are on optical high and internet that like 18 min to download.;)

Yeah, but dont get too excited, i can imagine MA having 1 comp sharing the file, and 10.000 anxious Entropiaholics DL'in, speeds wont be mind boggling right after the release

:eek:

Hmm, so I go away on Monday 17th, same day that EU shuts down. Can we expect a few days downtime, or will the new VU be available the same day? :scratch2:

Either way, hopefully by the time I get back things will be patched and working properly. I'm going to be quite gutted to miss the launch but it might make for a less frustrating experience that way. As long as the Golden Age lasts more than a week :D

Another question: Will the auctions be halted?

Yes, please tell us whats going to happen with auctions Marco!

20th August my birthday, so hopefully a good b-day present :)

w000h00!!!! I will be rich!!!

Unhappy with your new look ???

Haircuts from 5000ped and up.....

PM me to make ann appointment :D

Greedy bastard...you can just let them pay with their friendship as usual...

BTW: If my laptop I bought for CE2 *cough* more than one year ago *cough* won't make it, i will make a nice plate out of it!

{DELETED UNNECESSARY QUOTE}

Good work am happy to see that you kept your word on character looks as some spend great time to made them (not to talk about peds) this proves that you are not greedy good point.

I see that one time opportunity with full options I hope that include all colors and hear options it will rock then.

As for the rest am happy you picked torrent for downloads and everything seems fun;

As for the loot part I hope (I really do) that finally I can say hay look I looted something and this is not to be sold am keeping this baby for me.

Looking forward for the 10 and whish you the best of luck, pls work really hard not to disappoint (most of us) and I bet we will be more than happy to play and encourage promoting EU in good way.

Marko:

“FOR SUCESEFUL BUSSINESS IS BETER TO TAKE 100 PEDS / MONTH FROM 100000 CUSTOMERS THAT TO TAKE 10000 FROM 1000 CUSTOMERS!”

Hope long life to the NEW Calypso.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats my birthday!!! Is that a hint that I will get something on that day?
:yay:

From here: http://www.entropiagateway.com/2009/08/version-update-100-announcement/

--
<SNIPPED>
Dear Calypsians,

Version 10.0 Client Acquisition
The new Version 10.0 client will be approximately 4 GB in size and will be made available pre-launch via BitTorrent; the link to the torrent file will be available on Friday, Aug. 14th via the Planet Calypso website. The Client Loader will also automatically patch Version 9.4 to Version 10.0 as normal via HTTP on Monday Aug. 17th. Please note, as the BitTorrent option will require Third Party Software we will not be able to provide Support for this option.

<SNIPPED>

Best Regards
First Planet Company
MindArk PE

*.*

YaY !!!! :yay:

:ahh:

Finally... now give me a nice, fat ATH and i'll be ready for this :p

finally good new to excite everybody!

UUUUUUUUGH!

Now I'm going to have to "power play" Entropia for the next week to get my fix for the next few months. I'm not going to be able to play anymore after VU10 until I purchase a new PC. :mad: I know we've all been waiting for this for years now, but I was secretly hoping they'd wait until October to release it in unison with Windows 7, aka when a lot of people (including myself) will finally be upgrading from our 5-10 year old computers.

Back