Version Update 10.0 Announcement

Believe it when I see it.

(jk)

:yay:

Might update this post later, when I have read it all!

Thanx Marco, for the best news we got this year. I can't wait to see what will happen and I really wanna explore all the new stuff you guys have put on our planet.

First Planet Company wish to inform that Version 9.4 will be officially closed down at 00:00 UTC on Monday, August 17th, in preparation for the launch of Version 10, expected to arrive during the following days.

This sound like we could maybe not log in for a few days, seems like we need to go to rehab for a couple of days.

Version Update 10.0 will begin with the most widely used systems: Hunting, Mining, Crafting, PvP Trade, Auction, CND Asteroid, Banks, Estates, Shops, Land Areas, PvP Combat, Society, Friends List, Ad System, Participant Content, Terminals, Items, Garment Customization, Inventory, Storage, Hall of Fame, Teleport, Chat, Keyboard Mapping, Dashboard, Map, GUI and Gifts.

WOOT GIFTS !!!!!

omg i hope my graph card will handle it, if it does i think i will depo since a long time again, maybe the "second golden age" will bring me finally after 3 years my golden age ...

Hmm, how long does the avatar recreating process last? :confused: This for ppl that want to break a bit, till things settle.

YAY!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Maybe I can make myself, shorter, fatter and more ginger :D

711, put this on the frontpage!!

:yay::yay::yay:

Promises kept, all good.

Saving up for the golden age.

Now, about those other planets and that Titan thingy winging it's way to Calypso...

t

The planets will come once we are stable and about the titan thingy I guess we will know more about it tomorrow.

Excellent news, long awaited and canoot wait to see it,

Just one question, what is a televator?

Rgds

Ace

Dude you are not serious right??

Those are the blue Teleport/Elevators in the apartment buildings

wohooooo!!!!!!!

[YES YES YES

Finally

the more long week in Eu life :)

oi i got goose bumps from reading that :D

Great news!

Can someone post a link on how to use bittorrent? I'd like to get the patch that way!

... :eek: ... *faints* ... :eek: ... *faints again* ...

From here: http://www.entropiagateway.com/2009/08/version-update-100-announcement/

--

Dear Calypsians,

After an extensive conversion process of the Planet Calypso Colonist MMO to the CryENGINE2 game engine, First Planet Company wish to inform that Version 9.4 will be officially closed down at 00:00 UTC on Monday, August 17th, in preparation for the launch of Version 10, expected to arrive during the following days. Progress updates and latest information will be available at the Planet Calypso website.

Version Update 10.0 will begin with the most widely used systems: Hunting, Mining, Crafting, PvP Trade, Auction, CND Asteroid, Banks, Estates, Shops, Land Areas, PvP Combat, Society, Friends List, Ad System, Participant Content, Terminals, Items, Garment Customization, Inventory, Storage, Hall of Fame, Teleport, Chat, Keyboard Mapping, Dashboard, Map, GUI and Gifts.

A detailed Version Update 10 Content List will be available when the new environment is available for login.
The following updates will quickly follow the Version 10 Release:

Version Update 10.1 will see Land Area Management, MindForce Teleportation, Apartments, Televators and Fruit, Dung & Stones.

Version Update 10.2 will include Teaming, Third Person Avatar Navigation, and Audio Enhancements.
Version Updates following 10.2 will include major new systems, along with enhancements to current systems.

Soo...first of all, this is a welcome announcement and I am looking forward to the release of this.

But to my comment, does the above mean that Teleportation and fruit and like items will not be available to use or gather? or does it mean it will still have the old look to it?

Kind of confused by the wording.

Regards,

NS

Dude you are not serious right??

Those are the blue Teleport/Elevators in the apartment buildings

ROFL i was serious, never knew they were called televators......lol 4 years in game and never noticed

Think i might need a coffee

Rgds

Ace

BitTorrent, they heard me xD

If you read the original posts you will see that I pointed out that EvE use torrent to download client.
Happy to see they pick up on good thinks after all we may see real change.:)

awsome :yay: now i just need a new computer :scratch2: oh well, guess i better start shopping for one :wtg:

Your Avatar
Each participant avatar has been converted as closely as possible to its Version 9.4 look. You will have the option to keep this converted look, or, take advantage of a one-time opportunity to recreate your avatar using the full modification range available through the system. This one-time opportunity will only be available following the Version 10 update. Once you have "Accepted" your avatar, the offer will no longer be available. Newly created avatars will use the regular 'avatar creation' system.

any chance to change from male to female or vice versa?

So...

Optimal Requirements

Internet Connection: ADSL or better
Operating System: Windows XP or Vista
Computer Processor: Intel Pentium D/Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better.
Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more
Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or higher / ATI Radeon R600 Series (2900 or higher)
Graphics Card that supports Shader 3.0 or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
Hard Drive Space: 3 GB of free space

Minimum Requirements

Internet Connection: ADSL or better
Operating System: Windows XP or Vista
Computer Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel P4 or AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Computer Memory: 512 MB RAM or more
Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 6000 series or higher / ATI Radeon R300 Series (96xx or higher)
Graphics Card that supports Shader 2.0 or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
Hard Drive Space: 3 GB of free space

I pitty those on the low end... crysis looks terrible on low.

Yes, right on time, let the addiction commence, cool to see the sweden still likes bittorrent eh :)

Back