ESG 1.6 - Autoupload screenshots to EF & smudge tool!

Would you enable global logging if autoscreen didn't require it?

• Yes

Votes: 141 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 39.5%

• Total voters
So it only works when the server is running ?
darn...
Just when I thought I finally found a reliable program...
Looks like I have to switch to the good ole traditional way for WoF.

I'm sorry guys. The server has had issues lately.
I will make sure the next version will not stop working once the server goes down, but a lot of work remains, so it will probably be at least 2-3 weeks before it's up. Please stay tuned for updates, and let me know if you have any more issues. The server has historically had a 99,998% uptime, so this should be the exception.

The server is up again.

Last edited:
Just when I got my two ubers your app died and I couldn't screen them properly.

This is conspiracy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
esg 1.6.6

Excellent application Akoz. Thankyou. I have some great swirlie pics. The last week tho the auto-screenies have been missing sub-windows. chat, map, claim.
Any thoughts as to why?
win xp sp3. Manual screen capture has them all.

Just when I got my two ubers your app died and I couldn't screen them properly.

This is conspiracy :rolleyes:

Died how?
I'm sorry to hear that. Always doublecheck!

Excellent application Akoz. Thankyou. I have some great swirlie pics. The last week tho the auto-screenies have been missing sub-windows. chat, map, claim.
Any thoughts as to why?
win xp sp3. Manual screen capture has them all.

The manual and automatic screenshots are both saved in the exact same way, so I'm quite clueless. I'm not sure what is causing it, but it shouldn't be happening in the coming version as I'm using a whole new method for capturing now. Please have patience.

Any idea why the auto screen feature doesnt work right now? Everytime I click the allow logging of globals the app freezes. Is it because your server isnt up?

Any idea why the auto screen feature doesnt work right now? Everytime I click the allow logging of globals the app freezes. Is it because your server isnt up?

Would asume so, had the same issue today.
Allways switched between responding and not responding, could not allow the logging.

Problems:

1. Took me multiple trys to click enable auto-screen via allow global tracking. Whenever I would click on the box the application would freeze.

2. After I got it going, my computer would randomly lock up for 20-120 seconds esp. while playing EU.

3. I found that my hard drive was filling up and started deleting random stuff I didnt need anymore a few gigs at a time, but kept getting the warning that my hard drive was full from windows :(. I figured out last night that there were 90gigs of files created in your folder.

4. At least one of the videos (what the large files turned out to be) was just of my log in process. It started with me entering my username and password and stopped after my gc number was entered.

5. Since it filled my hard drive up to <1mb Windows became unusable and I couldnt even delete anything :( I managed to log onto my ubuntu partition and delete it and after multiple retrys starting windows seem to be back up and running again.

I am using vista home premium 64bit w/ service pack 2 installed.

I have no reason to distrust the creater of this software, but all of these reasons combined as well as nervousness about the videos taken mean I will be using Fraps again.

narfi

Problems:

1. Took me multiple trys to click enable auto-screen via allow global tracking. Whenever I would click on the box the application would freeze.

Had this too but guess it's something to do with your server? (as it worked today)

And is it just me or does the screen shot get compressed incredible hard so the quality gets so low so the picture looks unsharp?
(the size are 228kb so shouldn't be but still..)

But it was perfectly timed to get everything just as I wanted, so huge thanks for that :)

PS. first program I used to screen shot inside EU with my new pc setup, so might be something on my end.

Would asume so, had the same issue today.
Allways switched between responding and not responding, could not allow the logging.

Had this too but guess it's something to do with your server? (as it worked today)

Problems:

2. After I got it going, my computer would randomly lock up for 20-120 seconds esp. while playing EU.

3. I found that my hard drive was filling up and started deleting random stuff I didnt need anymore a few gigs at a time, but kept getting the warning that my hard drive was full from windows :(. I figured out last night that there were 90gigs of files created in your folder.

4. At least one of the videos (what the large files turned out to be) was just of my log in process. It started with me entering my username and password and stopped after my gc number was entered.

5. Since it filled my hard drive up to <1mb Windows became unusable and I couldnt even delete anything :( I managed to log onto my ubuntu partition and delete it and after multiple retrys starting windows seem to be back up and running again.

I am using vista home premium 64bit w/ service pack 2 installed.

I have no reason to distrust the creater of this software, but all of these reasons combined as well as nervousness about the videos taken mean I will be using Fraps again.

narfi

woha..

ok #1 is a real problem for sure. It will be fixed in the next update.
#2 I cannot explain. This program is not cpu-intensive at all. Are you certain it is connected to this program?
#3, #4 and #5: This is not cause by my program. My program does not have any capability to take videos. Only screenshots. Are you certain you didn't try any other programs that could have caused this? If not I would recommend a thorough virus scan.

And is it just me or does the screen shot get compressed incredible hard so the quality gets so low so the picture looks unsharp?
(the size are 228kb so shouldn't be but still..)

But it was perfectly timed to get everything just as I wanted, so huge thanks for that :)

PS. first program I used to screen shot inside EU with my new pc setup, so might be something on my end.

Which format are you using? PNG should give fully sharp compressed images, jpeg gives slightly unsharp compressed images. bmp gives raw format images. Personally I prefer PNG in most cases.

Thank's a ton Akoz, this program is exactly what I was looking for :)

#2 I cannot explain. This program is not cpu-intensive at all. Are you certain it is connected to this program?

Also notice minor lag, sure not as long as described, but sometimes 2-3 seconds. Heard my HDD writing quite continuesly, but blamed it on my slow CPU and fragmentation.
Did not notice it taking up several Gigs though and could not swear that that it filled my system partition (although strangely I have only 500 Mb left).

RED Tracker Crazy Info (connected to Entropia)

Sometime My ESG got Tracker Info Red like Crazy, also the windows title it as ( connected to entropia) , many global pop up in game none is recording in ESG since today, although it was working fine for the 2 last weeks.

My version is the ESG 1.7.1 .

I got the same trouble over and over a lot with old ESG Version, like we were not able to connect to your Tracker Server, anymore, when u do a new API ' client.

Anyways I have to thanks you for your great work, HoWeVeR I get really annoyed to see the ESG not able to take Global Auto SS since the Tracker Servers is down or not accessable anylonger. May u start to think to buit-in your application an Tracker server status, and an Auto-updater, that will download and install for us, keeping our previous Settings....U know.... Exelence is something that come from great IDea like ESG, the idea is the basic, the exelence is the Suprem Award, from a hard work.

Hope u ll be not frustrated,

Good luck, and tanks u anyways to your dedication up to now.

I was going to log the Team last night so put in the Team name instead of my avatar name in the window and it didn't work at all, did I do something wrong or cant it log teams??
(team name: -=SHS=- )

I was going to log the Team last night so put in the Team name instead of my avatar name in the window and it didn't work at all, did I do something wrong or cant it log teams??
(team name: -=SHS=- )

It should be able to do teams just fine. I'll look into it to see if anything has changed in the log files lately.

clara's Feedback #002

so, Latly , It's has going worst and worst, like :

The application ESG1.7.1, Tracker info still 0 and red color all the past week, I still using it to get manual screenshot, recently the Entropia-game, start to be unstable.... when ESG1.7.1 was already lunched and when I was re-lunching the game , the entropia-client-game-application ended in an unexpected way , making a special error windows, as soon I was re-lunching the Mind-ark Luncher, it start to said, would you send the report to MA ? at glance, I did not know it was ESG1.7.1, but after many entropia-lunch's craches, I made the bound to it.

More recently, The entropia client was even more unstable, while in game all was perfect -exept the fact that the tracker wasn't working and red - but the manual screenshot seemed working, not for long however, after two or three in a row The Entropia-game started to shows a total Black screen and no-responding, and this happened three time to me, the worst was yesterday, I was in full-screen mode, and the 2 others occurances was when the Entropia client was in windows mode, So it was easy to shut down the un-responding entropia-game as windowed, but in full-screen mode it was a plague, The Operating System -who is a Microsoft Windows VISTA Premium-32bit- , was not switching between the full-screen and windows O.S ' desktop, by any mean exept this KEY's combination ctrl+atl+del ; it was the only help on this VISTA O.S and then the only decent solution was to reboot the computer.
usually the computer restart within 2-3 mins , yesterday it's took 11 mins.

So my TP RUN 's team was disbanded, and we all got lost in game... that's made me up set !
I don't post here to tell you my bad feellings, I am posting here to find answers, to find if someone has ever got the same freaky behaviour on their computer, and if the creator of this application will appreciate this feedback
, if he does not, I will stop to post here, and also to use the buggy application.

ANY HELP 'LL APRECIATED !

NOTE: I apologize my so-so english, I hope this feedback will make sens to you.

Last edited:
so, Latly , It's has going worst and worst, like :

The application ESG1.7.1, Tracker info still 0 and red color all the past week, I still using it to get manual screenshot, recently the Entropia-game, start to be unstable.... when ESG1.7.1 was already lunched and when I was re-lunching the game , the entropia-client-game-application ended in an unexpected way , making a special error windows, as soon I was re-lunching the Mind-ark Luncher, it start to said, would you send the report to MA ? at glance, I did not know it was ESG1.7.1, but after many entropia-lunch's craches, I made the bound to it.

More recently, The entropia client was even more unstable, while in game all was perfect -exept the fact that the tracker wasn't working and red - but the manual screenshot seemed working, not for long however, after two or three in a row The Entropia-game started to shows a total Black screen and no-responding, and this happened three time to me, the worst was yesterday, I was in full-screen mode, and the 2 others occurances was when the Entropia client was in windows mode, So it was easy to shut down the un-responding entropia-game as windowed, but in full-screen mode it was a plague, The Operating System -who is a Microsoft Windows VISTA Premium-32bit- , was not switching between the full-screen and windows O.S ' desktop, by any mean exept this KEY's combination ctrl+atl+del ; it was the only help on this VISTA O.S and then the only decent solution was to reboot the computer.
usually the computer restart within 2-3 mins , yesterday it's took 11 mins.

So my TP RUN 's team was disbanded, and we all got lost in game... that's turn me up set !
I don't post here to tell you my bad feellings, I am posting here to find answers, to find if someone has ever got the same freaky behaviour on their computer, and if the creator of this application will appreciate this feedback
, if he does not, I will stop to post here, and also to use the buggy application.

ANY HELP 'LL APRECIATED !

for native english speaker, I apologize my poor english, hope this feedback make sense, at least.

MMmh..

Please disable the advanced screenshot mode as this function is experimental and most likely the cause for your errors. This will probably mean you cannot use it in fullscreen unless you also disable any aero theme (see first post). This should all be fixed in the coming version which is under development as we speak. Perhaps it would be best if you remove it altogether and wait for the next one.

Version 2.0 (alpha version!)

Here goes the first attempt at version 2.0. This is an alpha version and is still undergoing daily changes.

New features:

• Full Windows vista/windows 7 support (fullscreen)
  • Extended tracking possibilities such as damage and loot
  • Ingame visual feedback
  • Numerous bug fixes, optimization and rewrites

Download available at:
package: http://entropiauniverse.info/tracker/esg2.0.06a.zip
installer: http://entropiauniverse.info/tracker/esg2.0.06a_installer.zip

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
Here is a small teaser...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Seems like the 1.7.1 is a bit picky with what other programs to run with.
Had for the WoF Teamspeak running and for sound last.fm scrobbler, did not function.
Had it grabbing with last.fm solely without probs and also did function again after shutting down TS.

Looks good - will try it on my new win7 machine tonight :)

Seems like the 1.7.1 is a bit picky with what other programs to run with.
Had for the WoF Teamspeak running and for sound last.fm scrobbler, did not function.
Had it grabbing with last.fm solely without probs and also did function again after shutting down TS.

Are you certain it is ESG you are using and not EntropiaTracker?
ESG does not use sounds to trigger screenshots, it uses the output in the chatlog.

Here is a small teaser...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Eugh, please tell that overlay, including the watermark, is optional, pretty please :(

Eugh, please tell that overlay, including the watermark, is optional, pretty please :(

Statistics are 100% optional. The ESG watermark is optional for registered users.

Statistics are 100% optional. The ESG watermark is optional for registered users.

Registration? That's new. I should check this thread more often, lawl. If it is paid, how much would it be? Payable with PED too?

I just looked at the teaser and that looks real good. Are you able to capture the same loot data for a single Avatar? I know that the hits are in the chat.log but not the loot info for a single and I am wondering how you would get the loot if you can. Even if the answer is no for the single it still looks great.
Peace.

I just looked at the teaser and that looks real good. Are you able to capture the same loot data for a single Avatar? I know that the hits are in the chat.log but not the loot info for a single and I am wondering how you would get the loot if you can. Even if the answer is no for the single it still looks great.
Peace.
As it is now the program is only fetching data from the logfile, and thus only loot from teams.
It is theoretically possible to fetch personal loot, but I feel this would force me to interfere with entropia in ways that would break the eula, and is not something I will spend time on. Hopefully this and other things might be added to the logfile in the future enabling us to use it without breaking the eula.

Registration? That's new. I should check this thread more often, lawl. If it is paid, how much would it be? Payable with PED too?

This is still under consideration. If introduced it will not be a high price in any case.

Are you certain it is ESG you are using and not EntropiaTracker?
ESG does not use sounds to trigger screenshots, it uses the output in the chatlog.

Definately sure that it was ESG, got nothing else :D
I do not think it was really sound related, rather the combination of those three programs not willing to coopearate.
Tried several different team names and it did not take one screen shot and it does normally work fine (and registered around 1200 globals in 5 hours).

i cant use this :( enabling chatlogging = maaajor lag. for no aparent reason

Back