ESG 1.6 - Autoupload screenshots to EF & smudge tool!

Would you enable global logging if autoscreen didn't require it?

• Yes

Votes: 141 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 39.5%

• Total voters
right, i have put other crazy crafter name, checked without advanced ss mode, worked, checked with advance ss mode, doesnt work :D
Guess you're stuck with classic then :) I might fix the advanced mode up a bit in the future, but its not a priority of mine right now.

Guess you're stuck with classic then :) I might fix the advanced mode up a bit in the future, but its not a priority of mine right now.

thx anyway for trying to solve it, keep doing good work

cheers :cool:

I am once again looking for some betatesters with win 7 or vista to test a new version. Please pm me if you have a minute to spare and want some free efd :)

Hi Akoz,

short feedback:

Just got me it, running with Win7 ult. RC 64bit, seems to work. The black screen I captured might be corrected with the hints given previously here. ;-)
Btw., I run no Aero, have a 1-color desktop & classic windows ...

Watermark:
As long as it doesn't hurt too much? Maybe overlaying the PED balance? Why not?

Auto-Screen:

Well, would be nice, but:

Auto-tracking:
I do not want this. There are several valid reasons, they have been discussed over and over here. No need to discuss again, just one remark: See the current threads about who got what Uber SGA item, and who thinks that he had deserved it, and the mud throwing.

Respecting todays data protection standards such a tool should be "opt-in", and should offer anonymous tracking. Tracking avatars in an environment like ours (where it's about real money), and providing these data to third party's for an extended time, without explicit permission, might even bear a risk of getting sued - laws in this area are quite different in different countries, and some countries' courts are granting insane compensations ...

Anyway, your solution is OK, Akoz - it's an opt-in as it should be.
I understand your interest to get the tracked data, and I'd have no problem to provide anonymized data - there could be an additional check-box "Show my name on tracker!".

This way you could get my data, and I'd be sure nobody could spy after my results, gaming times etc. without be logged into EU 24/7.

Will download and try tonight :yay:

Last edited:
Hi Akoz,

short feedback:

Just got me it, running with Win7 ult. RC 64bit, seems to work. The black screen I captured might be corrected with the hints given previously here. ;-)
Btw., I run no Aero, have a 1-color desktop & classic windows ...

Watermark:
As long as it doesn't hurt too much? Maybe overlaying the PED balance? Why not?

Auto-Screen:

Well, would be nice, but:

Auto-tracking:
I do not want this. There are several valid reasons, they have been discussed over and over here. No need to discuss again, just one remark: See the current threads about who got what Uber SGA item, and who thinks that he had deserved it, and the mud throwing.

Respecting todays data protection standards such a tool should be "opt-in", and should offer anonymous tracking. Tracking avatars in an environment like ours (where it's about real money), and providing these data to third party's for an extended time, without explicit permission, might even bear a risk of getting sued - laws in this area are quite different in different countries, and some countries' courts are granting insane compensations ...

Anyway, your solution is OK, Akoz - it's an opt-in as it should be.
I understand your interest to get the tracked data, and I'd have no problem to provide anonymized data - there could be an additional check-box "Show my name on tracker!".

This way you could get my data, and I'd be sure nobody could spy after my results, gaming times etc. without be logged into EU 24/7.

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently the tracker is also anonymized and not connected to your name. If you want to anonymize it in the data then I'd have to make an option to register and then actively block it. There are no statistics connected to your tracking app about when it is online etc if that is what you mean though.
When it comes to privacy I believe MA are the "guilty" ones as they are making the data publicly appear on everyone's screens and in their log. The tracker app is simply making some statistics on this already public data.

The main goal with the data is to provide statistics like current turnover, amount of active players, loot distribution, hof cycles etc.

ESG error

Hi;

ESG didn't work for me.

Does it require some thing like XP sp1;2,3?

cheer

dandy

I get this error message when i rey to download the latest version?

My webhost is having some trouble at the moment. ESG will unfortunately not function properly until it is back up. Downloads will also be unavailable.

Hi;

ESG didn't work for me.

Does it require some thing like XP sp1;2,3?

cheer

dandy

No it shouldn't. I will take a look at this once the site is back up.

i like the tool but im a computer dummy so i have to ask a friend of mine to install it:p
regards kela

nice! always good to see new helpful tools

Can't wait to download this. I'm disappointed I didn't find it earlier.

Two questions:
Will it work with Vista x64 fullscreen? (if I'm using classic)

And how have your server been lately? had some connection trouble before when I used it on my XP laptop.

Two questions:
Will it work with Vista x64 fullscreen? (if I'm using classic)

And how have your server been lately? had some connection trouble before when I used it on my XP laptop.

Vista fullscreen: Yes it should if you don't use accelerated desktop.

My server has been down this weekend. It should be up in around 9 hours (tomorrow morning)

Hi,

sry Akoz, but whenever I try to use your tool I:

1. cannot even log into EU (when I have started it before), or
  2. get a random freeze quite fast (when I start it after EU).

When I try to make a screenshot meanwhile it works great.

Win7 Ultimate RC, 64bit, up to date.

Have fun!

looks like a nice program, good work Akoz

Hi,

strange - I'd bet I've written a reply to this yesterday, but it seems not to have reached the forum ...

Anyways. First:

Thanks, Akoz, for the EFD! To put it to good use I have started a challenge for a screen shot tool as I'd like it, see here, and feel invited to participate!

Second:
Akoz said:
Probably tied to the experimental screenshot mode, so just disable it and run classic.
This means checking "Disable advanced screenshot mode" in the advanced settings? But when I do I just get a black window screenshotted even when in full screen mode ...

Have fun!

Second:

This means checking "Disable advanced screenshot mode" in the advanced settings? But when I do I just get a black window screenshotted even when in full screen mode ...

Have fun!
If you run windows 7 or vista and fullscreen with accellerated desktop enabled, yes. See the second half of the OP for more details.

I'm working on another version that will work flawlessly in win7/vista as well, but it has taken a lot longer than anticipated, and I currently don't have time as I am occupied with other work. At the very least it will be another two weeks. Until then you'll have to use classic desktop if you want to do fullscreen in win7/vista.

Hi,

finally got it to work :)

Had quite a problem to figure out what was meant with this "accelerated desptop", but finally found.

So, as a little help for users of Win7, I'll share my new found wisdom:

1. First, be sure you have checked the "Disable advanced screenshot mode" in the advanced options of the grabber tool.
  2. Now it becomes hard. My system is german, so my names will be unknown to you - but let's see, we'll get this done:
    What we're looking for is in the system control panel (run control.exe), and in german it's named "Leistungsinformationen und -tools". Your name might be something like "Performance Information and Tools".

At the left you should find a line "Adjust visual effects". This is what we're looking for.
  3. There's a shortcut to this - the beloved, invaluable "Run" option in the start menu ;-)
    Just open "run", then copy "SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe" to it (without the quotes), and hit enter.
  4. A smaller window should pop up, with 4 radio buttons at the top, and a long list of check boxes below.

You want to use one of the radio buttons, should be named like "Adjust to optimal performance". "Apply", "OK" - ready, bingo.

You might want to check one of the checkboxes - about the screen fonts, they look a lot better when smoothed, but this is optional.
  5. For more easy action I provide a screen shot:
    [br]Click to enlarge[/br]
    The larger window in the background is the "Performance Information and Tools" page of the system control panel. It might have a different look for you, I'm using the classical view - but it will contain the same content.

See the red "1.)"? This is the "Adjust visual effects", and will open the smaller window in the front.
    See the red "2.)"? This disables all and any visual candy. Should read something like "Adjust to optimal performance". Checking this is what will make your Grabber capture nice pics ;-)
    It's not checked here anymore because I have used the smooth screen fonts options at 3.) - but this is optional.
    Enabling any options in the long check box list might work, but might as well spoil all of our effort, so be careful, and remember what you have checked there - you might get black windows screen grabbed again ...

Hope I succeeded to write this in a way that non-geeks will understand ... If questions, then post ,-)

Have fun!

Works like a charm on Vista Ultimate 64bit, even without any tweaking.
Is it possible to combine the hotkey with the u/c/p ?
Thats the only thing I would miss :D

For some reasons the number of active users is 0, even if I keep it open.

Is there a problem with server?

Those it work if the server connection is down?

I was wondering that too, I can't activate Global logging even though the chat logs are on and in the right place, Enable AutoSS is greyed out and the ss hotkey works. Ofc I might have borked the setup somehow :silly2:

I was wondering that too, I can't activate Global logging even though the chat logs are on and in the right place, Enable AutoSS is greyed out and the ss hotkey works. Ofc I might have borked the setup somehow :silly2:

You did activate the "Allow global logging" ?
Maybe post a screenshot with the advanced settings?

That's what confuses me. I can't activate global logging - when I click the box, ESG stops responding for a few minutes. And I noticed that when I tried to use it to take a ss using the hotkey apparently it's making files with nothing in them... if I was using Win7 or Vista I'd try turning Aero off but I'm in XP Pro. Which is why I think I'm overlooking something.

22334-esg-clip.jpg

I also activated "create subdirectories" and have the "enable at startup" not enabled.
Are you sure the path to the logfile is correct?
Does EU write to the logfile ?!

It's going to the right folder for the chat logs, and they're checked to write in game, I'll see if its writing anything

Edit: Yes, it's logging stuff

Edit Edit: It takes shots using the hotkey, my bad - I thought it could work outside of EU

Last edited:
For some reasons the number of active users is 0, even if I keep it open.

Is there a problem with server?

Those it work if the server connection is down?

No it doesnt work when server is down. And it looks like the server IS down :)

Was same problem awhile ago, and then the server was down. So I guess we just have to wait for fix . Very good app. when it works !:yay:

I was just told in game it was the server, thanks for confirming.

Yes it does seem like a good app. Nice work Akoz :)

Back