Asteroid 4 Sale!

Mac, What I ment was Hire a real life person to sit behind a PC and manage neverdie for neverdie.

Not share ingame, just get the deed on another, or the same avatar instruct a guy what to do. And let him manage the place. Even if its a 4 hour a day job u pay the guy 20k a year in the hope active management brings in more then 20k a year which it easily should..

Thats what I ment.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Even if the guy was sitting in the same office as me, I'd still be nervous about letting him drive my avatar or moving the deed over to another avatar for them to drive to manage it. Just imagine the trust scam thread that would make when all the sudden the deed is gone missing and the guy doesn't show up for work the next day, oh that would be quite entertaining :laugh:

MA really needs to make it possible in game to allow someone else to manage your LA without having to risk it.

Wasn't around when you bought it, be interesting to see who is the new owner and what the new name of the place is.....

:dj:

It will be fascinating to see if someone with the assets to make a real bid is interested in doing so.

It concerns me to have one of the biggest investors in FPC with substantial sway with MA selling out the FPC interests. Or is CND not managed by FPC? :scratch2:

It concerns me to have one of the biggest investors in FPC with substantial sway with MA selling out the FPC interests. Or is CND not managed by FPC? :scratch2:

CND is a part of the Planet Calypso planet system, so yes it is a part of Planet Calypso and therefore managed by FPC...

However, as Neverdie is a planet partner (managing other planets), this might also be a good thing to do (there has already been people complaining about ND being both ingame and managing)

:eek: Holy sh**tballs...!!
This is huuuge.

I don't know how much this rock will go for, but i know that Mr Neverdie
will bring home yet another world record in expensive virtual item sales.

<watch this space!>

GL!

zzzz

i hope the buyer is someone that knows this game

make money from both damnit! :)

oh well hope u know what you are doing

gl on the sell

a quick assessment of the market value judged by CP sale and the revenue, i wonder if this is saleable. i mean this in a positive sence, im not shure who would have or front up the sort of cash required for the sort of number ND has in mind - its going to have 7 digits after the $. if i had a million or two spare i think i might be too busy with other things to buy a virtual astroid with tax rights (indeed, i might rather be involved in setting up a planet instead...)

i wonder, NeverDie, if you have considered establishing a holding company and share issue, or even a bond issue based on the revenue, to raise capital?

The Rock

Is there any chance of initiating talks with Sean Connery to call it "The Rock" ....? I just love the way he says it, so it would be fun if whomever bought the 'roid could license Connery's voice to say "The Rock" upon entry :p

Or maybe someone named Heracles could undergo apotheosis, ascend to the asteroid, and call it "Olympus" :)

Or Mount Meru/Sumeru? ;)

Some other variance on the notion of axis mundi?

Seriously though, GL with the sale! I cant wait to see how much it sells for, if that information is even made public! It would suck to see the selling price shuffled in to hide amongst other morsels such as the last years quarterlies...

CND is a part of the Planet Calypso planet system, so yes it is a part of Planet Calypso and therefore managed by FPC...

However, as Neverdie is a planet partner (managing other planets), this might also be a good thing to do (there has already been people complaining about ND being both ingame and managing)

I know the asteroid is part of the system (not necessarily unique to FPC if another planet partner decides to locate here, though), but as it has no direct connection to Calypso and is only accessible by ship, is it in fact under FPC's direction? I could see it being a separate entity tied directly to MA but i guess that would be a bit of retroactive rearrangement to fit with the planet partner structure.

My point though is that this doesn't ease those complaints, it just makes it a larger conflict of interest as the interests would be exclusively to his own planets, and still not exclude him from participation (AFAIK).

let's see, TTing the deed would give you perhaps 1 pec if you could do that yourself. So, I offer 2 pec! What, it's not a 'first lowest offer wins' type of auction?
hmm.. in ped? okay, I offer 1 ped, I win!

hmm...

too bad the egg can't be included in the sale...

well all the best mr. neverdie ;).

It's the obvious move for him to do. Would be a bit strange for him to have assets in FPC and invest here, he will earn more if they play on his own planet instead on the asteroid.

I am currently already entertaining Private offers. The Transaction will have to be in PED.

what is the current offer then?

Why throw away a cash cow, which u could probably get a loan against.
Selling of the best part of your business, the guarenteed profit part, so u can invest cash instead of loaned money into another project with no profit guarentee whatsover.. Seems not to well tought out imo..

Couldn't agree more. :)

OK, so 104K USD in global related taxes, say 250K USD in total taxes yearly.

The question is what PE ratio is appropriate for this enterprise, I would say 2-4 is the most that this warrants given the extreme dependency of the asset on the developer.

Thus 500K to 1MM USD is likely the price it should realistically fetch.

But considering this turn over i guess the bidding should start somewhere around 6000k ped..

If the above calculations are correct, 6000K (or 6M) $ is a price that is totally unrealistic.I hope you wrote zero too much :D
If, and only if, the earning rate would stay the same and not sack: it would still take 24 yrs before 1 ct profit was made.

Let's be honest, unless there will drastic changes for the best and not for the money, 24 years is probably far beyond the lifespan of EU.
+
Which crazy guy would pay 6 million dollar in the hope it will pay off sooner than 24 yrs?

JESUS CHRIST MONKEY BALLS :eek:

Good luck with the sale :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Most interesting...
im going to take a good look on the information provided, and return with an offer you cant refuse :eek:

wait its just the land no DNA ??

Hard to believe :eek:
GL to ppl who want to buy it and plz don't screw it up when you buy it.

Could we get some updates on price when there are offers?

Buying a couple lottery tickets when I buy grocery's tonight. I just know this is gonna work for me to buy cnd :)

Buying a couple lottery tickets when I buy grocery's tonight. I just know this is gonna work for me to buy cnd :)

That's a good idea, I might do the same.

Well, if I do get lucky enough to win the lottery expect to be selling it to me ND. I love the excitement of your rock.

Goodluck with the sale and your new planets. May lootious be with you for all eternity.

bah.. double post..

Feb-May 2010 figures for CND:

Mining:
Code:
	Globals		 Turnover	Unique avatars	4% tax profit
Feb:	  3.909	  	  526.607	473		21.064 PED
Mar:	 10.304		1.623.713	780		64.948 PED
Apr:	  8.226		1.429.452	687		57.178 PED
May:	  5.520	  	  959.470	485		37.378 PED

Hunting:
Code:
	Globals		 Turnover	Unique avatars	4% tax profit
Feb:	    414	  	  85.164	121		3.406 PED
Mar:	  1.139		 219.904	292		8.796 PED
Apr:	    625		  91.822	189		3.672 PED
May:	    648	  	 126.005	148		5.040 PED

Approximated Quarterly profit for globals only on CND: 201.482 PED

Please note this is ONLY BASED ON RECORDED GLOBALS.
There are two major things to take into account. Some globals could not have been tracked, thus leading to "off figures" and as I am sure all of you know - its not very often you global. Less than 20% of my turnover is based on globals, so in theory the 201K profit per quarter should be multiplied by 5 to give a rough estimate.

I wonder if the new owner could change the name?

Just a question that entered my mind. Good luck with the sale.

I wonder if the new owner could change the name?

Just a question that entered my mind. Good luck with the sale.

I'm sure for some tiny fraction of the 7+ figure pricetag, MA would be willing to do it. They might even throw it in for free just for the publicity. ;)

So why are you making potential buyers rely on inaccurate out of game tracker data to give an estimated gross income? Why not post real gross income and expense data directly like most other business for sale offerings?

So why are you making potential buyers rely on inaccurate out of game tracker data to give an estimated gross income? Why not post real gross income and expense data directly like most other business for sale offerings?

yeah i should demand those numbers from him before i did any bid :p

Back