Asteroid 4 Sale!

Good luck on the sale. :) And I hope it works for RockTropia^^

So why are you making potential buyers rely on inaccurate out of game tracker data to give an estimated gross income? Why not post real gross income and expense data directly like most other business for sale offerings?

Think all you get from EU being a Landowner is a popup that tells you how much ped you got since your last login. Exact numbers if hunting or mining or whatever are not provided afaik.

Think thats for a "simple" LA though, don't know if Neverdie Deathifier or Buzz got other interfaces to relate to.

yeah i should demand those numbers from him before i did any bid :p

As i am sure "NEVERDIE studios" is a company that has official tax records (I know companies here in denmark has to anyways).. Its pretty easy to order a copy if their financial records and see exactly how much profit there has been generated per month.

The data from Entropia Tracker is like a teaser text.. If you want an indepth analysis - which im sure you, or your financieer (spelling?) want before dishing out this kind of money - the records should be public avalible for some kind of fee. Here in Denmark it is about 200 kr (40'ish USD) to get a copy of the full financial report of any listed company.

On the other hand - if its just "because it would be fun to know" you can use Entropia Tracker's estimates.. :)

As i am sure "NEVERDIE studios" is a company that has official tax records (I know companies here in denmark has to anyways).. Its pretty easy to order a copy if their financial records and see exactly how much profit there has been generated per month.

The data from Entropia Tracker is like a teaser text.. If you want an indepth analysis - which im sure you, or your financieer (spelling?) want before dishing out this kind of money - the records should be public avalible for some kind of fee. Here in Denmark it is about 200 kr (40'ish USD) to get a copy of the full financial report of any listed company.

On the other hand - if its just "because it would be fun to know" you can use Entropia Tracker's estimates.. :)

it is perhapos true for publicly traded corporation here in US but not for the private corporation...

otherwize why bother coming to America ;)

Please note this is ONLY BASED ON RECORDED GLOBALS.
There are two major things to take into account. Some globals could not have been tracked, thus leading to "off figures" and as I am sure all of you know - its not very often you global. Less than 20% of my turnover is based on globals, so in theory the 201K profit per quarter should be multiplied by 5 to give a rough estimate.

edit: I misread the figures (thx for pointing out starfinder). just do the figures x10 in following scenario.

92% of my return is in globals on CND (amped mining ofc).
So lets make it more realisticaly and say that the most turn over is done by (UL and higher)amped miners. lets say that you get a turnover of 2M ped a year. this would mean 100k ped taxes. what would come to 10k USD (minus taxes to redrawl and VAT depending on country).

Now; that being said; any price higher then 500K PED would be risky. At current situation you would need more then 5.1 years for status quo (unless RL interest rate go up; what would make it 5.4 years easily).

Now; considering the length of time just to break even (+5years) and the rising competition (planet partners) following things should be taken in consideration:

- IS EU going to be around much longer then 5 years?
- Is any competition going to endanger your investment?
- Can you spare 2-3 hours a day on CND; knowing that you only start making money after year 5 and only 10k USD for 2-4h a day + (1800h you worked for free atleast)
Now I know not anyone can do this but in 1800h you work for free many driven ppl (like you would be to run CND) could easily make 25k USD working IRL for yourself (250k PED). This would be taking no or a tiny investment with less risk too.

So I highly doubt that the BO would be over 500k. If so then I think the buyer may value CND by a sentimental value rather then a rational one.

Optimum would be for a buyer if he could buy CND for 250--300K ped; but since there is an idiot born every minute I think Jacob will do a great deal.

just IMHO

Last edited:
92% of my return is in globals on CND (amped mining ofc).
So lets make it more realisticaly and say that the most turn over is done by (UL and higher)amped miners. lets say that you get a turnover of 2M ped a year. this would mean 100k ped taxes. what would come to 10k USD (minus taxes to redrawl and VAT depending on country).

Sry.. Dident read more after this... You say 100K income on tax in a year - In the last 3 months there has been ~200K income on tax on globals alone..... soooooo..... ?....

Actually been wondering when this would happen... ;)

GL with the sale ND.... :)

Off to buy my lottery tickets....If I win we'll talk :D

Sry.. Dident read more after this... You say 100K income on tax in a year - In the last 3 months there has been ~200K income on tax on globals alone..... soooooo..... ?....

I have misread then; so 200k ped per quarter makes ~800k or lets say 1M a year. At that rate you can do my figures by 8 at least. nice. But the priciple will stay the same. In the end Jacob will be the best one off; trust me ;)

I have misread then; so 200k ped per quarter makes ~800k or lets say 1M a year. At that rate you can do my figures by 8 at least. nice. But the priciple will stay the same. In the end Jacob will be the best one off; trust me ;)

My guess is based on what people are willing to pay and the recent sales of other high profile areas such as CP and their turnover in relation to CND.

I would venture a guess at 5-8M PED for it.

Buzz Hard

I reckon Buzz is gotta be kicking himself....I s'pose it's all in the timing though.
I think it's a great opportunity for a co-op, altho' I think I would be talking to the organ grinder to get the ridiculous travel fee removed. I've never been off planet, not because the cost prohibits, more the principle and mechanics involved (pre tp).

Reactions: Mac
My guess is based on what people are willing to pay and the recent sales of other high profile areas such as CP and their turnover in relation to CND.

I would venture a guess at 5-8M PED for it.

This reminds me of some investment prospectus boilerplate I saw one time...

"Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns and the value of an investment may decrease as well as increase, an investor may not receive the amount initially invested, and income, if any, may fluctuate. The value of an investment may be affected by a variety of factors, including economic and political developments, interest rates and foreign exchange rates, as well as issuer-specific events."

:)

only thing I can say:
Give me a lottery jackpot, that I have enough money to buy the ROCK !!!!

I want it :) if MA modified it with a tractor beam and an ion cannon

why dont you ask MA to modified it into a large battle station for space pirates , you can use it to conquer other planets.

gl with the Sale :)

lol dont u have feeling that u all break forum rules :D:D:D

We where too excited to go look up the rules. :D Maybe the mods will be nice and move the comments to another thread instead of deleting, or just let it ride for the halibut :)

Good luck with the sale, hope for some excitment to see it in a 7 day auction! :)

But for the people buying the high end items worth 10-20000USD could u please ask MA to publish a financial report. We expect there to be a loss as per the world financial crisis, but it would be nice to see if things are picking up in the virtual RCE. If someone can afford a virtual asteroid and MA folds they can more than likely take the hit. If a player's set of Shadow or MM becomes worthless that would be financially painful for the player. I think it is time MA stepped up on EF where the players who count are active and advise how things are going.

We just want to know that as a company MA is turning a profit, what their future growth plan is, what the current active player numbers are etc. Basic information really.
Why do I ask, well I may want to buy a set of Shadow or a MM in a few years and I want to be sure they are something I can use in the years to come.

I guess to answer my questions, MA is still improving Calypso as a gaming environment so all seems well in the current climate, loots could be better, but that is always the case :)

Surely not, think about the money someone will deposit just to buy the Rock, MA is healthy definately :D

And every bit that gets deposited to buy the rock will be withdrawn by ND to further his other ventures so MA comes out exactly the same other than some transaction fees.

And every bit that gets deposited to buy the rock will be withdrawn by ND to further his other ventures so MA comes out exactly the same other than some transaction fees.

Except that two of ND's other ventures involve MA...

Except that two of ND's other ventures involve MA...

True but I'm guessing Rocktropia and First Planet's licenses are paid for and...

Im really focused on ROCKtropia and NEXT Island at the Moment..
I need to invest everything I have into my Studio and marketing...

Ofcourse this will in turn benefit MA but its a little less direct than just the amount being deposited for the purchase of CND which is what I was replying to.

True but I'm guessing Rocktropia and First Planet's licenses are paid for and...

Licenses may be paid for, but the future success of those projects is vital to MA's future ability to sell other planets. Also, do we know that there are no ongoing fees due by planet owners to MA, or that MA does not receive any percentage of decay from other planets?

Licenses may be paid for, but the future success of those projects is vital to MA's future ability to sell other planets. Also, do we know that there are no ongoing fees due by planet owners to MA, or that MA does not receive any percentage of decay from other planets?

Thats beside the point and has nothing to do with what I was commenting on.

The deposit for the sale of the rock will be withdrawn-yes MA will see some of it come back through what ever means but it has a couple other channels to flow through before they see any of it.

Licenses may be paid for, but the future success of those projects is vital to MA's future ability to sell other planets.

Good luck with that :laugh:

Also, do we know that there are no ongoing fees due by planet owners to MA, or that MA does not receive any percentage of decay from other planets?

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/platform/entropia-platform/business-model/

"Once the planet is up and running, MindArk and the Planet Partner, shares the revenue. "

yep almost positive sky is falling, all i have is for sell!!!!

hope it sells before cnd otherwise ill prolly be getting TT from MA G thanks:(

Hey Buzz! You know you want it ;)

Couldn't agree more. :)

If the above calculations are correct, 6000K (or 6M) $ is a price that is totally unrealistic.I hope you wrote zero too much :D
If, and only if, the earning rate would stay the same and not sack: it would still take 24 yrs before 1 ct profit was made.

Let's be honest, unless there will drastic changes for the best and not for the money, 24 years is probably far beyond the lifespan of EU.
+
Which crazy guy would pay 6 million dollar in the hope it will pay off sooner than 24 yrs?

based of globels hes pulling in 80k ped a month so a little less then your projected 24 years.

Back