What does scopes and laser sights really do?

read every single post :)

tldr.jpg

As soon as I find the two polaris parts I'm missing, that is, female gloves and thighs (full TT), I will go test this once and for all, with no variables unaccounted for. I expect it will take me 2-4 days, all depending of the time of the week.

In any case. If you would like to know for sure and you happen to have what I need, do pm me ;)

NB:
This test will be done with maxed SIB weapon.

So as it has been proved that they did nothing but decay, compensation from MA?????? :yay:

Rgds

Ace

I never understaaod what's secret about it.

If you put an amp attachment to a weapon you do see the ammount of DMG it does extra.

Why should it be different with scopes and lasers? You see "Skill Mod %" What teh heck can you do with that info.

The only thing I can see is that scopes and lasers (besides the zoom aiming) are just to keep a lot of peds tied up and generate decay.

We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

Originally Posted Here

is this the update they talk about? has anyone noticed anything different on the description or stats of scopes/lasers?

what was this update about then ?

As soon as I find the two polaris parts I'm missing, that is, female gloves and thighs (full TT), I will go test this once and for all, with no variables unaccounted for. I expect it will take me 2-4 days, all depending of the time of the week.

In any case. If you would like to know for sure and you happen to have what I need, do pm me ;)

NB:
This test will be done with maxed SIB weapon.

Never did anything for improving maxed weapon aim, so you'll be verifying what's known. If you want to meticulously measure whether it increases e.g. Aim gain by the skill mod %, that's about the only thing left untested.

Feel free to post ongoing results in the thread about the efficiency of attachments.

Edit: Be sure to see what's been done there; i think you'll find you need more than two days for conclusive data on the things left to test.

is this the update they talk about? has anyone noticed anything different on the description or stats of scopes/lasers?

The verbiage suggests they are going to actually tell us what it does, once they figure out what they want it to do and add it at an update.

Last edited:
The verbiage suggests they are going to actually tell us what it does, once they figure out what they want it to do and add it at an update.
:D
so at the moment they have no clue what they do at all and "are forced" to change them to something, so they know what they speak about? :laugh:

in effect i really think that all the tools built by the community are a real pain in the as$ for MA................. sometimes :rolleyes:

That`s why i use them! :yay: OK among other reasons.

ok this is now officially getting SILLY MA!!!

This message was posted 05-21-2010 (14 days ago), first official reply from support that they were looking into this was

and on 2010-05-12 18:56 we get this
Entropia Universe Support: Hi, There have been some more questions regarding scopes, therefore the design team is currently putting together information to reply to everyone's questions. This will be posted in our News section in the very near future, although we do not have an exact date. We apologize for the waiting time but asure you it will be worth it. Thank you for your patience. Kind regards, Entropia Universe Support

How slow does MINDARK devs work? ffs just give us an answer. Shouldnt take more than MAX a week to write up an answer to us.

Maybe scopes and laser sights do nothing and they are thinking of ways of how to tell us!

Maybe scopes and laser sights do nothing and they are thinking of ways of how to tell us!

that's most likely exactly what they just realised i guess :)

so as i read the posts im left with this conclusion

the scopes are so mindark can get a goooood close look at you anus before penetration

and the lasers are so they can mark the spot so they can be sure they dont miss?

so as i read the posts im left with this conclusion

the scopes are so mindark can get a goooood close look at you anus before penetration

and the lasers are so they can mark the spot so they can be sure they dont miss?

A new skill is unlocked..... Ped Card Drain Aim!!! oh wait... thats been around for some time now... I wonder what level they're at!! :D

[YOUTUBE]48WkYbkhJO4[/YOUTUBE]

I know another thing scopes do since last update: Friggin annoy the hell out of me.. May I ask, why do I 'auto-relax', after 5 seconds, when peering thru my scope (but not actually firing my weapon)? This is absolutely ridiculous as I have gained quite a bit of strength skills (I think I got some extra stamina just recently too) just so I'd have the extra bit just to hold my weapon in a 'ready' state for a very long time, but now I am restricted to a 5-second peep show, unless I throw in another few Pecs (ie, spend some ammo and decay).

Maybe it's a PvP thing, to discourage others from peering thru their scope all day long, maybe not. All I know is when it's time for dinner, and I need to find my kids to call em in, I simply use my hunting scope to find 'em real easy... would be nice if this 'auto-relax' feature can be disabled, or maybe an option for a much longer 'ready' time than the current 5 second limit; 5 minutes would be decent, imo.

Otherwise, unless we actually are given a proper reason for the 'use of scopes et al.' I think I will simply get rid of my scopes and laser sights. (not meant as some huffed up threat, just common sense coming out into the open; that sure is a lot of PEDs tied up in those items)

:twocents: ty

Ossi!

All this time since I started playing in Nov 2005 I have thought that Lasers and Scopes only increased your potential skill gains by the % stated (a passive effect) and had nothing to do with using them to hit something more often in day to day use (an active effect) since it was apparent very early on that % hits using a scope was no way like using a scope irl.

Seems they don't even do that so they must be for decoration only.

Or are they......................?

All this time since I started playing in Nov 2005 I have thought that Lasers and Scopes only increased your potential skill gains by the % stated (a passive effect) and had nothing to do with using them to hit something more often in day to day use (an active effect) since it was apparent very early on that % hits using a scope was no way like using a scope irl.

Seems they don't even do that so they must be for decoration only.

Or are they......................?

that's just what i think they do, or rather they increase the chance to get aim skill :)

May I ask, why do I 'auto-relax', after 5 seconds, when peering thru my scope (but not actually firing my weapon)?

Actually I didn't notice this until I tried.

Why? When I use scope, I typically look around to aim, and it appears that as long as you're aiming by moving weapon or zooming in/out, it won't "timeout". I can agree it's silly though, and dunno if it's a misfeature or if there is some thought behind it (if someone peering through a scope makes server load heavier so they don't want afk people to do it).

They should just ask Marco. He knew...

Most of my tests were with the intent to check the effect of attachments on maxed SIB weapons. My tentative conclusion was that they don't improve hit rate, as seen by the large departure from the expected hit rate (highlighted in yellow). This begs the question of what Marco meant in the live chat at Leipzig:
Jimmy_B: Hi Marco. Thanks for giving this chat! Thought I'd give this a go hehe :) Do laser sights and scopes perform any function on maxed out weapons?
Marco_MindArk: I believe that the attachment mods come after the Skill mods but I am not sure about that.
Marco_MindArk: Meaning Yes, the affect it.
Marco_MindArk: (it should be like that anyway).
My thoughts are that he didn't really know how skill mod attachments work, but until he is willing to clarify, we won't know.

ah....the scopes....

Shouldnt take more than MAX a week to write up an answer to us.

Initiating grammar correction protocol A10-s5.....

25%.....

50%.....

75%.....

Shouldnt take more than MAX a week to make up an answer for us

Complete....

Shouldnt take more than MAX a week to make up an answer for us

An answer that is made up for us sounds like something I hope I wouldn't take for true.

I guess the original poster ment "write down" (as in "write down on paper" - not as in "write classified information in a less classified location" ;) )

Last edited:
Thanks for participating!:woohoo:

Looking forward to gather your decay moneyz for the next 7 years in return you can continue watching through our scopes and such..lol!:monkey:

Bump & plz wake up!:laugh:

Robo:smoke:

They should just ask Marco. He knew...

what i find most telling is that this reply/topic by Mindark is in itself a question.

did we ask them what it does or are they asking us? :p

what i find most telling is that this reply/topic by Mindark is in itself a question.

did we ask them what it does or are they asking us? :p
We asked them and they are asking us back :D
One thing they do know is, that they genrate decay and thus income for them :D

Back