What does scopes and laser sights really do?

Bertha, ¿is the improvement in aim produced by simply having the device on the weapon (scopes) or it is actually need to aim in first person with the view of the scope? :scratch2:

Last edited:
i thought it raised your effective skill level.

allowing better profeceincys with UL weapons. that and provide free decay.

If you listen to the words, you will understand what they are trying to say...

[YOUTUBE]7mNDHTfdn1A[/YOUTUBE]

We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

The information in the page of the item is unclear and will be updated. Still does not explain what they do, which was the main reason for the support cases.
Their statement does not say anthing at all, except that support was incorrect.

yep, maybe they really did not have any function to them connected at all for the past years and are thinking something.

@sententz: if you really have done some test that confirm that, plese post them. I had the same impression but my gut feeling proved me wrong and I have to admit, the test done by the others are right.
My last test with scopes and sight at around level 50 gave me a shocking 85% hitrate and I only locked half on the damage done (but was also around 10-15% lower than with the same ammo cycled with a maxed gun)

the title of this thread was "What does scopes and laser sights really do?"

the answer was....
We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
why not do it all in one go? just tell us now...

OH.... ops... they really dont do anything, haha!:lolup::lolup::lolup: They just want us to stop spamming support cases...

Well, if you don't tell me today, i will just keeping sending one until you tell me.

Errr what advantageous visual information do sights give :confused:

even though i do understand the reasons why no scope can be mounted on a minigun, i wonder why i cant add laser sights?

Well, I will wait until they can think about something. and they can tell us on what it can serve (besides to lost peds) :D

Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info. We have realized that this information is unclear today and you will therefore see an update of this information in an upcoming release.

Originally Posted Here

Ability to "aim"?????? :confused: What we'd really like to know is HOW it affects ANYTHING other than decay spent with SEVERAL tests done by SEVERAL avatars recently displaying a complete LACK of any modification what so ever.... :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe the skill mod #'s listed in the scope/laser stats are really a "coolness factor"????

Menace

Ok translation :

The Support team has received numerous support cases inquiring about the functionality of weapon attachments lately.

God dam*** ppl. Stop spaming us already, we can't handle so many mails, our boxes are full and morning coffe time is to short to delete them !

To meet the demand of the community, and to clear out a previously communicated misunderstanding, we have decided to provide some more information on the subject.

We will now gove u some blah,blah,blah dynamic but we must find someone who can wear that is some nice worde and make that message sound complicated

As always, the details we provide are limited, but we hope they will shed some light on the issue.

We always give u Sh**, not information, but we hope u pass over that as usual.

Apart from the advantageous visual information that you receive when using scopes and laser sights, such attachments affect your ability to aim, as explained in the Items Info.

You have fancy red rays and zoom so stfu.

Our "big brain" realised that u are not complet fools, therefore we produce more crap with word "dynamic" to make u busy for some time.

A previously given reply in a support case stated that a scope or laser sight “only affects the effective range of the weapon”. This was unfortunately an erroneous and poorly informed statement. We would like to apologize for publishing this misinformation and for any confusion caused by it.

One guy from DRtC departament (Dynamic Responses to Comunity) found something on entropedia , but couldent understand that. We fired him for poor abilities of using ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

sory MA - but could't resis. Crap once again ,and treating ppl like cows. Info u want provide can be made in one hour for someone who has knowledge how your systems works

sory MA - but could't resis. Crap once again ,and treating ppl like cows. Info u want provide can be made in one hour for someone who has knowledge how your systems works

Guess why there is an armax cow "event" now xD

Wow they admit support made a mistake. That is what amazes me most. MA come on you make some things clear in game how hard is it to just tell us they are useless or what their use is or just SHOW it..

It is like you are a mindreader, spot on:)

Ok translation :

God dam*** ppl. Stop spaming us already, we can't handle so many mails, our boxes are full and morning coffe time is to short to delete them !

We will now gove u some blah,blah,blah dynamic but we must find someone who can wear that is some nice worde and make that message sound complicated

We always give u Sh**, not information, but we hope u pass over that as usual.

You have fancy red rays and zoom so stfu.

Our "big brain" realised that u are not complet fools, therefore we produce more crap with word "dynamic" to make u busy for some time.

One guy from DRtC departament (Dynamic Responses to Comunity) found something on entropedia , but couldent understand that. We fired him for poor abilities of using ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Hmm well, I do like this thread :D. This MA reply is just classic.

:scratch: I assume they already fired the 10 billion monkeys that invented the system the past 200 years. Even if they wanted to, they could not explain it, things like that are like a once-in-a-million hits :D

lol

they need time to find good spin on this thing that WE THINK does nothing,,, I think they made this commercial ;)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP0kWqJJZa4"]log[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
wooot

Hah, Log!

Great video, it makes me miss good ole Ren and Stimpy. The horses "No Sir, I dont like it" reply in the cat food commercial is classic, as is the Red Button episode in space.

lol thanks for the video!

they need time to find good spin on this thing that WE THINK does nothing,,, I think they made this commercial ;)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP0kWqJJZa4"]log[/YOUTUBE]

That video..is just.. pathetic
Really, imagine what kind of people it have to be that made it, they are adults and they make things that even 12 year olds don't like, ok probably they do but i hope you get the point

That video..is just.. pathetic
Really, imagine what kind of people it have to be that made it, they are adults and they make things that even 12 year olds don't like, ok probably they do but i hope you get the point

:scratch2:

:laugh:

Ability to aim my arse!
I can understand missing a diripi at 120 meters with a Marber Bravo, but I've stood at point-blank range in front of all the HUGE creatures (hogglo, proteron, eomon, dapletor, etc) with a maxed-out gun and STILL MISS, and not because I was getting hit. Even if we could put 50 sights and scopes on our guns we'd still miss.

At least the communications department is trying...
...too bad they just pass along the :bull::dung:

Shall we start a thread about the discrepancy in prices of Female versus Male armor? Is there some kind of disadvantage at being Female that is compensated for by much cheaper armor?

Shall we start a thread about the discrepancy in prices of Female versus Male armor? Is there some kind of disadvantage at being Female that is compensated for by much cheaper armor?

Off topic and obvious, there's less females ingame so there's less demand. Just normal market forces at work.

i see ppls are doing panic sales on high end scopes and laser sights

edit:

:ahh: the other way

Panic nothing! I tried with and without 2x Hunnirs and a Jzar on my Bravo and my Fusil Charade as soon as I heard about this.

I'd like to thank MA for allowing me to sell off ~600 PED of Hunnirs and spend the money on amp repair and ammo rather than having it tied up in useless items ;)
I kept the Jzars as it means I can visually target mobs more accurately.

What does laser sights really do?
[YOUTUBE]6p2ZxzBt2o0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]4cOC6Rrg6e0[/YOUTUBE]​

Back