Teleporting cost is to high

Moademo Moa Demon
For me, and many others people the cost of a travel to another planet or asteroid is to high...
if the ticket maybe low more people can be use it, and explore others planet or asteroid, and this can improve economy and relationship.

Actually the TP fee is a temporary solution. The travel between the planets and Space / Calypso is business of the pilots and hangar owners.

But still after implementation of VU10 spaceflights aren'T back yet and these PEDs are given out to the hangar owners to compensate them for their losses due to the system not implemented yet.

It might change either for good or bad after space flights are back.

agree, is much to high for not having storages there

I've not been to Rocktropia, but it was my understanding that there was storage at CND, CP and Rocktropia now ?

lol. You should have been here a few months back when Rocktropia's website falsely stated that there was "Unlimited Free Access" and that you can access it anytime for FREE

[Please use thumbnails]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mac
I've not been to Rocktropia, but it was my understanding that there was storage at CND, CP and Rocktropia now ?

That's my understanding too. I think the poster above you was reffering to the fact that Storage was not....whats the word...."universal" to both planets.

For me, and many others people the cost of a travel to another planet or asteroid is to high...
if the ticket maybe low more people can be use it, and explore others planet or asteroid, and this can improve economy and relationship.

I'm going to sound like a jerk I guess.. (What a change, right?) But if you are too cheap to spend $4 to go exactly how much would you be helping the economy when you got there?

I think if the cost of 5 ped, more people use the teleport sistem, and the reward of pilot and hangar can raise in time

I think if the cost of 5 ped, more people use the teleport sistem, and the reward of pilot and hangar can raise in time

Yes you might be right here. I wasn'T at Rocktropia since the theme of the planet is not worth the fee for a round trip for me. I'm also not often @ CP or CND. But for now we don't know if this will change for better when pilots are back. The costs to book a seat in spaceship was higher than 5 PED, but when i remember right lower than the TP fee to CP / CND.

even make the fee's half of what it is now would improve alot I think. And where have they said that planet fees are going to hangar owners? (what I remember was that the TP fee to/from CP/CND only)
And to you who say 4us$(which in reality are 8us$ as I'm sure 90% will come back to calypso sometime, for different reasons) isn't much, then what will you say when/if they introduce a TP fee or any other fee that costs 10us$? if we accept 4 then what stops them from making something cost 10?

And dont make the flights more expensive then it was before and I doubt the pilots will charge much more then they did pre vu10, but you have to think that they have travel costs too so if their costs increase maybe there wont be any reduce in the travel fees even when(if?) the hangers get reintroduced...

I don't travel much between locations but I prefer the TP option and even if it does cost more. Why? because I don't have to hunt down a pilot and then wait for the pilot to fill the other 3 seats... I can just go when I want to go.

One good solution to the problem would be to have the first tp to an other planet cost 40 ped, and after that each jump would it would only cost 10 ped for each use. That way the planet partner gets some protection from new players joining their planet leaving right away for an other planet, but at the same time make it more easier to go between the planets when you have done the first planet change.

I think the fees are too high too but something came to mind last night while showing a rl friend what EU is about. I was able to give him the grand tour with no effort took me only a hour to teleport between rock, cp, cnd, etc. In the old pilot system I could of been waiting a hour for one destination. If someone is hardcore, and seeking to travel quick albeit an expensive system, the tp pay system has its merits.

and yes storage is everywhere in game and planets now.

kosmos

Reactions: Wed

My understanding of the situation was that the storage on CND and CP was only temporary and will be removed when the hangers are back, unless they've changed their mind again.

Maybe they should do an event over a week where its free ;)

It is a little costly, but as said the pilots are losing out soo looking at it like that.. it is not to bad

The basic reason is a retention strategy. The planet companies want you to stay on the planet. You can do is by providing reasons to stay or punishing poeple by leaving with fees. I guess the choice of MA is clear here.

It is a pity that CND and CP fall into this category too

Atami

it is much lower than I expected it to be.... some folks are never happy.

Lots of thought goes into the price remember. Its up to the planet owner I expect.

Remember it works both ways. The higher the fee the less likely someone is to leave a planet once visited. All partners want to keep their players on their own turf.

At the same time they want to encourage others to come.

Having frontiers is also important. Opens up posibilites for import/export of unique goods to each planet. If it was EASY/CHEAP to import them then the value of the goods would go down. This is actually bad.

Already seen a few trinkets from Rocktropia showing up on Calypso.

There's a flip side to every coin

Wistrel

It is a little costly, but as said the pilots are losing out soo looking at it like that.. it is not to bad

oh I dunno... own a hangar, get paid to do nothing currently isn't it?

Things will change when they all have to start competitively pricing again and actually seeking out customers. The moaning will come back too.

Wistrel

Let us just not go there, when none goes there, then the price will be lowered

same thing like making the sweat price go up... hmm... wait no

Don't see it dropping much if n when hangars are reimplimented

lol. You should have been here a few months back when Rocktropia's website falsely stated that there was "Unlimited Free Access" and that you can access it anytime for FREE

you moaned a Lot about this at the time nowhere did it say Free Travel

I'm going to sound like a jerk I guess.. (What a change, right?) But if you are too cheap to spend $4 to go exactly how much would you be helping the economy when you got there?

Agree :)

I Think you need to learn more about this game but you will in time - flying and teleporting have never been an never will be "cheap" in this game/universe

Every cost is to high in this game

lol ya probably right there:)

even make the fee's half of what it is now would improve alot I think. And where have they said that planet fees are going to hangar owners? (what I remember was that the TP fee to/from CP/CND only)
And to you who say 4us$(which in reality are 8us$ as I'm sure 90% will come back to calypso sometime, for different reasons) isn't much, then what will you say when/if they introduce a TP fee or any other fee that costs 10us$? if we accept 4 then what stops them from making something cost 10?

And dont make the flights more expensive then it was before and I doubt the pilots will charge much more then they did pre vu10, but you have to think that they have travel costs too so if their costs increase maybe there wont be any reduce in the travel fees even when(if?) the hangers get reintroduced...

Hangar owners get all planet travel fees
Could be $10 depends how far away the planet is
If/when ships are reintroe'd, mebee there will be a new fuel/decay system......

I don't travel much between locations but I prefer the TP option and even if it does cost more. Why? because I don't have to hunt down a pilot and then wait for the pilot to fill the other 3 seats... I can just go when I want to go.

thats why there's a VIP system :)

One good solution to the problem would be to have the first tp to an other planet cost 40 ped, and after that each jump would it would only cost 10 ped for each use. That way the planet partner gets some protection from new players joining their planet leaving right away for an other planet, but at the same time make it more easier to go between the planets when you have done the first planet change.

good idea but dont hold ya breath

I think the fees are too high too but something came to mind last night while showing a rl friend what EU is about. I was able to give him the grand tour with no effort took me only a hour to teleport between rock, cp, cnd, etc. In the old pilot system I could of been waiting a hour for one destination. If someone is hardcore, and seeking to travel quick albeit an expensive system, the tp pay system has its merits.

and yes storage is everywhere in game and planets now.

kosmos

yeah TP system is deffo convenient

My understanding of the situation was that the storage on CND and CP was only temporary and will be removed when the hangers are back, unless they've changed their mind again.

never saw this posted Anywhere

it is much lower than I expected it to be.... some folks are never happy.

Lots of thought goes into the price remember. Its up to the planet owner I expect.

Remember it works both ways. The higher the fee the less likely someone is to leave a planet once visited. All partners want to keep their players on their own turf.

At the same time they want to encourage others to come.

Having frontiers is also important. Opens up posibilites for import/export of unique goods to each planet. If it was EASY/CHEAP to import them then the value of the goods would go down. This is actually bad.

Already seen a few trinkets from Rocktropia showing up on Calypso.

There's a flip side to every coin

Wistrel

Agree

oh I dunno... own a hangar, get paid to do nothing currently isn't it?

Things will change when they all have to start competitively pricing again and actually seeking out customers. The moaning will come back too.

Wistrel

only the moaning about fares lol

You always make me laugh :)

:( if only we could have hangers back

If/when ships are reintroe'd, mebee there will be a new fuel/decay system......
*conspiracy hat on*

Maybe they introduced the increased TP cost as they did just to make us used to the higher costs in order to up the fuel/decay costs once the hangars are back...
As I have no doubt everyone at MA/FPC knew what the current Twin pilots was charging for a flight pre vu10...

*conspiracy hat off*

I agree.

Until now I was not in Rocktropia and I'm not willing to pay US$ 8 just
for change of the ingame location. (back & forth)

The other ingame activities are already expensive enough.

I know, that many of my friends think also the same
and this is also difficult to understand for new players.

I am sure, if they reduce the fee to 5 ped, then
they will earn much more peds with the tp's per
month (much more uses) and it would be much better
for the eu platform. :money:

The same arguments for a lower planetary tp have been made almost since the introduction of Rocktropia.

If MA we're going to change it they would have done it within the first couple of weeks not after several months. One of the reasons for the high fee is to compensate the hanger owners (a year on and still no hangers, etc ..... :rolleyes:) for the loss of their profession (shame they won't do that for the rest of the missing professions)

If MA made it 5 ped then when the hangers are reintroduced how are the pilots going to justify the price they'll need to charge especially if the tp is left active. The hanger owners will still have the CP and CND routes to charge transport for so no change to them.

Personally I think it should be free to travel between planets and the justification for the fee to stop people traveling away from the planet they joined on is a bit much

The price isnt supposed to prevent you from going, its supposed to prevent you from coming back :)

Travel should cheap, it should be easy.

I really dont understand the line of thinking of making travel expensive. And yes $4 is extremely expensive for something that costs MA NOTHING.... You get no value for that 4 dollars, its just a zone load. More then that as soon as you want to reload the zone you were just in, now you pay another $4, that's freaking insane. On the surface its only $4 and that's nothing, but in context its messed up.

People complain to no end about the 1 pec equipping fee(which also is retarded). Well you need to equip 4,000 items to meet the cost of 1 tp 1 way....

People complain to no end about cost to play per hour. But at least thats actual game play.....

-----

The only possible excuse for a tp fee is player retention to a specific zone. And this is the worst possible reason. One should seek player retention through value, not through penalties for leaving your area because it sucks.

And sadly it does just the opposite for player retention overall. Sure it might keep people locked on 1 'planet' but it makes them leave the game overall sooner. But it also keeps them locked out of your planet.

More content = more long term player retention. Restricted content = less player retention overall. Travel should be cheap, travel should be easy. This exposes more players to more content, and entices them to stay in EU rather the moving on.

One should log in and say where do i want to go today. I can go fight in a bot war, or go play on the medieval planet or whatever. They shouldn't be logging in and asking if they can afford to pay the travel fee this month; because they are bored of the bot war and want to move somewhere else. And then logging off because they dont want to stay on the bot planet and dont want to waste all their ped moving, only to log off on the new area because they are out of ped for that month.

This is like paying $4 to walk through the door of a movie theater, but not actually getting to watch a movie. Worse then that not even telling you which movies are playing till you have paid to get inside. Once in you get to see which movies are playing, but you still have to buy your ticket if you actually want to see something. And if you dont want to buy a movie ticket, you have to pay another $4 to leave the building....

Last edited:
for one thing i thing it to much you need a alot of ped if you want o hunt up there on the rock

the auction if you want to sell there a fee if poeple buy from calypso or you buy stuff to craft up there

for me if it was 10 to 20 ped per trip i would have probly gone 100 time now but 80 peds that way to much

because i need to sell my loot for me to keep playing so 2000 peds only last a few day before i come back down

or if they want 80 ped trip make the auction whit no fee they i can stay there as long as i want to sell my stuff on the market

if i was them what would it be better 80 ped trip 100 people a day going up and down per day or 20 ped and 500 poeple go a day and spend deacay up there

well some days it seems i have a choice to make i can hunt or i can tp

guess which choice i make

Back