Teleporting cost is to high

Yes, interplanetary travel is too expensive.

Paying an entry fee just to be allowed to spend my money somewhere is plain wrong, especially on the internet, when there is absolutely NO physical reason to charge.

On CP, a potential reason to require travel to CP by ship (and at a cost) could have been to keep "sweaters" away from interfering in the domes. "To keep the riff-raff outside", so to speak.

For CND, it was designed as it was for, in the bottom line, be able to recoup the purcase cost of the asteroid itself by selling apartments. Hence, originally no TP or storage.

For places like Rocktropia, *beside* from making hangar owners happy, there is no reason for the fee - at least for us who joined by ourself and wasn't recruited by a specific "planet". Who joined when MA and FPC were a single company and it still was called "Project Entropia". For us, travelling to Rocktropia shouldn't be more expensive than it was to travel to Treasure Island in VU 9. So you can't use the argument that, for instance Neverdie, spent marketing cost to get me to join *his* planet and that I should be confined there unless I want to pay a huge pile of cash to "move".

Nice ideas about CND, aia, but you are forgetting something: charging an entry fee is not smart if you want to make money.

If I buy a liqor store, I sell booze, and the profit needs to recover the investment. Nobody would consider it logical if I would charge an entry fee.

But I've argued this before, many, many times.

Nice ideas about CND, aia, but you are forgetting something: charging an entry fee is not smart if you want to make money.

I don't think it was the "entry fee" as such that was the pont - the cost to travel to/from CND didn't go to ND - they went to MA (oil/decay) and to hangar owners (the "markup") - but that there would be a hazzle to go to/from CND (hence, not even a return teleporter like CP had), and having "better mining opportunities" with (for that time) unique materials would attract miners, and because of the hazzle of travels, miners would stay for a longer time, and as they stay for a longer time they would need some place to put their mined stuff. Ah, and with CND "transport costs" were implemented in auction. And after a short time, auction fees were changed to remove the possibility to "store" piles of mined stuff in auction for 1 ped/week.

At that time, while apartments were availible for 250-350 ped on the planet in ingame auction (sold directly by MA), the typical price for an apartment on CND was around 800 ped. The apartments were supposed to give some advantages on CND like access to VIP department, but I dont see any way ND could easily keep track of apartment owners as there is like 900 apartments (and how was guest list? 500?).

As we know, ND eventually broke even with CND, and from that point it's just profit from taxes, regardless if miners pay for transport or not.

Last edited:

If I buy a liqor store, I sell booze, and the profit needs to recover the investment. Nobody would consider it logical if I would charge an entry fee.

But I've argued this before, many, many times.

and argued incorrectly. there are an awful lot of concerts, events, venues, tourist attractions and other businesses that do make a lot of money by charging people an entry fee. theres no physical reason to charge me entrance to the Ministry of Sound, but they do and then charge alot more for drinks than the pubs nearby. why should anything on the internet be different.

another thing why this comparison is wrong

RT (aka ND) dont get the entrance fee but that goes to the MA/hangar owners

many threads about the hangar issue

a good thing is that there are now new ores
so if the new bps drop then we do get different economies so the need to travel is less

Space travel costs cause Mindark wants to create jobs or profitable services for the avatars that play the game, that imho is a good thing, LA are created for the same thing.
(at MA doesn't cost to place mobs in game but they let the ppl do it themself in the LA cause it's a way to make ppl profit due to investments)

So I suppose we should consider the travel cost like a fee on mall shop or like the tax on LAs.

One day I was on CND waiting in line and ND came to us pilots and paid all for flying down empty so new ppl could come to his Asteroid since there was no pilots on Calypso.

Imho the cost of travels is quite fair, maybe a bit high, but maybe Planet Partners should cover a part if not all the cost of flights as an investment for new ppl that want to spend money in their own planets.

I think that MA should provide to let this thing possible and easy to "activate" when hangars will come back.

If the flight system was maintened by a common terminal manager we could see weekend offers for low priced flights or during events.

It's so IRL, to fly from Rome to Chicago costs never the same and depending on many things, as groups or last minutes.

Of sure all this will not be possible if we still remain with flights managed by pilots that need to spam in Twins to fly ^^

I am sure that the big late in hangar rebuild is probably due to MA improvement, I just hope that the solution will make all us happy :rolleyes:

I agree its too expensive and ive been to RT a couple of times and gotten great loot there but nothing to keep me there 365 days a year.

Space travel costs cause Mindark wants to create jobs or profitable services for the avatars that play the game, that imho is a good thing, LA are created for the same thing.
(at MA doesn't cost to place mobs in game but they let the ppl do it themself in the LA cause it's a way to make ppl profit due to investments)

that would be true but its very limited number of players who can be pilots. If each hanger could have multiple ships with pilots assigned by the owner then it could be considered a useful service but before vu10 how many hangers were actively used and how many were bought purely to resell later?

One day I was on CND waiting in line and ND came to us pilots and paid all for flying down empty so new ppl could come to his Asteroid since there was no pilots on Calypso.

that was in his own interest, I wouldn't want the only players able to get others to my business not transporting people to it.

Same is for LA owners... Not more than 50 ingame.. With a bigger player base we could see more LAs or Ships.. Only when profits will be enough to let more places come..

Bout ND it was just to say that low prices are in the interest of Planet owners as of players so it should be fairest to let them provide for best price.

If price to go to RT is 40 why shouldn't ND contribute? He gets money from playing there so it should be fair and in his interest after all. And the same for all planet partners imho.. And maybe for FPC in the future.. free market!

RL: if none goes on holiday to Maldives (for example in February) tour agencies work together with Airlines companies for a lower total cost of the trip, you often can pay 20€ for a flight (Europe-Europe) while with that ticket value Airline companies don't cover the fuel.

Atm the profit from flying is not enough to introduce more hangars, but I think that a way to increase the trips is this one.. it's unfair that just ppl should pay that service

Back