Wave Events Locations and Information

Currently, there are three wavespawn events.

Well, that's not entirely true; there is another, but we haven't activated it yet because of a slight technical problem. And no, the problem is not "it doesn't work".

Because it's the first time we're using them, they're turned off by default as a precaution. We reasoned that if the system is broken and the servers restart, we don't want them to restart as well and break the server/economy/player happiness.

That means that we have to turn them on again after a server restart (for instance after a patch). And sometimes a server resets and someone forgets to tell us about it. Then we figure out later that the servers have restarted, and we turn them on as soon as we stop jumping around screaming "why didn't they tell us?!!".

We feel a bit more safe now, so in a future SDS patch, we'll have them turned on by default instead. And add some goodies to them.

So the mythical feff wave is not active then? :~(

Cripes that was a lot of rippers in one spwan!

Any approx numbers to the amount of mob per wave, on each mob?

Tippin'

As for #3, that would be telling.

would you then at least fix explosives so the damage works properly?
if i shoot a rocket into a barrel crammed full of fish, the damage isn't going to spread evenly between all the fish and leave them with a minors bruise.

was too lazy to read all the posts, but is it true the "share loot" rule is once again forced upon us? (same as the steel bird elites?)

was too lazy to read all the posts, but is it true the "share loot" rule is once again forced upon us? (same as the steel bird elites?)

It isn't forced on you, if you dont like it dont go there.
It isn't like they are Changing something, they added something new.

It isn't forced on you, if you dont like it dont go there.
It isn't like they are Changing something, they added something new.

Exactly.

It makes total sense to have the shared loot on for the wave events.

Cripes that was a lot of rippers in one spwan!

Any approx numbers to the amount of mob per wave, on each mob?

Anyone, plz?
:)

10 per, 20, 100?

Tippin'

Have the events been removed, i cant find them anymore.
Or do i have the dumb today. :scratch2:

Have the events been removed, i cant find them anymore.
Or do i have the dumb today. :scratch2:

The system was turned off after a server restart or something, I guess it will be back up after the next SDS update.

The system was turned off after a server restart or something, I guess it will be back up after the next SDS update.
Seems they realized that the timing was wrong, lost a kill to the system because the wave timed out :(
Anyone else experienced that? (if you want I can post my support case about it)

Hi fellow Calypsians :p

A little info here, I fell into some kind of pit, a wave event zone near the new outpost east of PA, Shinkiba Stampede they called it. Shinkiba wave event ofc.

"Screen or it didn't happen"? ;)

There you go for the screenie! :D

Enjoy and GL all!

Hi fellow Calypsians :p

A little info here, I fell into some kind of pit, a wave event zone near the new outpost east of PA, Shinkiba Stampede they called it. Shinkiba wave event ofc.

"Screen or it didn't happen"? ;)

There you go for the screenie! :D

Enjoy and GL all!

OP updated. Thanks!

Need some info on the mob maturities and waves now :p

YW :)
first wave is young-old ;)

There are one more wave event with shawarmas, or what ever they are called now, west of Twin.

There are one more wave event with shawarmas, or what ever they are called now, west of Twin.

Kk I'll update the main page now. Thanks!

Another 'Stampede' east of CC 62471 88847

Shinkiba on the Hill
Wave 1: Young-old
Wave 2: Young-old
Wave 3: Young-provider
Wave 4: Young-guardian
Wave 5: Young-guardian
Wave 6: Young-dominant
Wave 7: Young-stalker
Wave 8: Young-stalker and a Kirakiba
And from wave 9 to wave 56 it seems to repeat wave 4, and only increase the numbers each wave.
Failed at wave 56, so there are more. And i have the feeling that there are no end to this one. lol

There's also the Shamkiba wave at Chug's which forms part of the Fight Club mission, but is also a wave event in its own right.

I didn't do my homework like our lovely Kahr did (hi hi) but the pit south of PA is logically a more lower level wave event. I hopped into it just as it was starting apparently, and did the entire thing alone as no one else was there lol. There was no boss at the end at all and the highest mat was old alpha, so a good place for teams of newcomers to go. The size of the spawn was quite nice though, took me awhile to clean out all five waves.

Another 'Stampede' east of CC 62471 88847

Standing there now and there is no wave or notice for an impending one. Are you sure you have the right co-ords?

Standing there now and there is no wave or notice for an impending one. Are you sure you have the right co-ords?

yeah, note it is not due east but more to the ne

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, updating it all now.

EDIT: Lee got the thumbnail working in her post ;)

Last edited:
Just went back again to the exact co-ords at Corinth, nothing there :scratch2:

Did the PA one though, 5 waves without a boss as Lee already said. It was more difficult than it should have been thanks to a couple of people running mobs out of the event zone, and not killing them. One thing to note is that the time between events is only 20 minutes.

Tried the Rippersnapper Frenzy again too as there was a note about a change in the release notes. I didn't see any difference, but I didn't even bother sticking around long enough to finish the first wave.

I just tried to solo the Shinkiba Stampede 1 and came up 10 mobs short (out of time) - but with a bigger gun I would have made it easily.

5 Waves Total - 20 secs apart

These are the maturities, as best I recall.
1st - Young to Provider
2nd - Young to Guardian
3rd - Young to Dominant
4th - Young to Alpha
5th - Mature to Old Alpha

Probably 150 total mobs - I killed 93 Old or over. Not sure on the total time, as I wasn't really planning on doing it.

I hit a 134 ped global on a Dom during wave 3, which registered as Team (Shared Loot) even though I was the only one in the area.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Not sure why Oleg isn't seeing the stampede at Corinth, maybe it is over now? It had been quite active there, folks returning for it over and over. The wait time between sessions was roughly 30 minutes, 5 waves total, which included the bigger mats like prowler and stalker, with the final wave being all Kirakibas. I will pop round later to see and if it is still active I can try to post more info on the mats per wave, or post to let you know if it's 'gone' for me too.

edit: just noticed others confirming the oasis at CC wave spawn on this thread about the boss mob:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?210569-Kirakibas
someone mentioned slightly different coords than those in my screenie, but the general area seems pretty well known now for what it's worth

Last edited:
Thanks, OP updated :)

Larkin, the one at Oasis NE of Corinth is still there and still active, here is a bit more info on the mats from the one I just did (not yet had a wave time out there even when only 2 or 3 people there to clear it, so no idea of that time frame, but you do have to be sure to clean up any strays led out by folks who don't want to actually shoot lol)

Wave 1 - Young to Old
Wave 2 - Old to Dom
Wave 3 - Guardian to Stalker
Wave 4 - Alpha to Stalker
Wave 5 - all Kirakibas

It is 30 minutes from wave end or all bosses killed until the next one

Shinkiba waves west of Twin, 752/768, hill with flag. Unlimited waves (as long as you can defend the hill). Starts easy, from ca. level 20 it goes crazy. we had lot of fun yesterday :)

Screenie from wave 50:

Hint: don't go there with less than 3 or 4 ppl :)

Back