Information from MindArk Balancing Team

hm so i read it
wish you all happy weekend
and prepre your self for Q/A comming next month whit same power of spaming unusefull long text whit information about nothing
but hey as statement it look nicely and maybe it will work on 1-2 month old newbie:ahh:

And they actually mean to tell us what with this...? :scratch2:

It means they intended for the es500 to drop like it did, and they knew full well what the consequences would be.

I for one feel even dumber after reading that, it's all jibberish and makes no sense at all. Seeing a new canned spam answer when writing support.

LoL well this seems cool, maybe less loot for us on Calypso and more into RT?

I have to say after recent events and this statement, makes you wonder about making any kind of investment into this game. :scratch2:

Well, this will not go unheard from the masses outside of this game. Yet another nail in the coffin for this game and it`s reputation.

Last edited:
It means they intended for the es500 to drop like it did, and they knew full well what the consequences would be.

I read this completely the other way: MA knows, that things like this upset high depositers, and they DON'T want this to happen.

They truly believe that players should make they way up and want to have a difference between long time players/high skillers and starters.

At least, that#s what I read from it.

Well from what I can comprehend from that statement it was deliberate to make extremely rare crafted items become looted items for a very short time on a different planet.

Although it is always nice to see rare items in loots, I think the drop rate should have been over a much longer time as outlined by PopFuzz above. This would better preserve market value and potentially benefit more players.

I wonder when resurrection chips, mod faps, chronicle armor and the like will start to appear - and will some people appear to know in advance before it happens? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does this mean we won't see a mm drop for the next 15 years to then see 30-50 of them drop in 24h?
This really seems to be done so ppl can say even more that EU is pure gambling.. & they have a point 99% of the time shitloots & then 'happy hour' for some. I fail to see how this can be good for anyone.
I do understand that the community asked for item drops several times but .. there are limits..
Now I think I saw it all, noobs who loot more mu in 1.7k ped total global value compared to ppl who been around a few YEARS & have like 30-40k ped in globals
This is just PLAIN WRONG

But why scanners?

And they all ended up on Calypso.

I see alot of thoose that dare to speak theire mind are getting banned, damage control of the higher school going on!

Well, this will not go unheard from the masses outside of this game. Yet another nail in the coffin for this game and it`s reputation.

What is going on? Wizzszz and Mastermesh are banned??

After this ... it's going to be interesting to see what DAManager puts in his press release.

And good gawd am I glad to see you back! Some sanity in the nuthouse!!

:bs::bs:About the Banned members?? Were there some truth about it??? :scratch2:

{changed}

Last edited:
I see alot of thoose that dare to speak theire mind are getting banned, damage control of the higher school going on!

The only ones I have seen getting banned are a couple of notorious whiners, often for making really off topic posts, attacks or overly-whiny and nonconstructive posts :scratch2:

I see that most of the people that speak their mind are still here.

I am SO not surprised :laugh:

EDIT: I would also like to say that I too am negative about what has happened, really. At least parts of it.

Come on guys, get real. There is no inbalance in the economy of any planet, including Calypso created by these drops.

It is NOT called a balance if some items never drop and the price of these only ever goes up. So MA likes punctured equilibrium for some items and steady drift for others. Live with it.

[1] observe the fact that amor parts like Angel/Bear/Jaguar/Tiger and UL SIB weapons do continue to drop.

After this ... it's going to be interesting to see what DAManager puts in his press release.

http://digitalabduction.com/

I love that ADD..
Claim your FREE ONE HOUR guided in-game tour, money making strategies & introductory package (free weapon & ammo) with an EXPERT from digital abduction, a ROCKTROPIA-ENDORSED PARTNER
Now my native language ain't English but I assume I still know what endorsed means..

but the ped all ended up on rocktropia to be spent there.. i think thats the point

The scanners were mostly looted by a planet partner contractor. That ped wont be spent it will be withdrawn. That contractor is there, in the game, to make money from his inside knowledge.

Reactions: das
but I assume I still know what endorsed means..

Well, maybe it refers to a sexual practice, I mean that's what I'd consider an innocent situation, given the context :laugh:

Hmm I had hoped it was just a stupid mistake from the balancing team at MA. Seeing that it is intentional I'll probably sell anything i have worth over 1k, because the risk is too high markups will be more then halved in a few minutes. Would have been better for MA and Rocktropia to drop one scanner a day/week over a longer period of time.

About the Banned members??

I don't like to speak about specific bans, but just to stop any silly rumors, their temp-bans are not connected to the current RT/NI-loot situation. That's just poor timing.

As for the MA statement.....

Sorry, didn't help explain things to me at all. :( Guess I'll try rereading it a few times.

Reactions: das
On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them. These items should not be considered to be common in any way, nor competing with regular items.

In as far as this relates to the gun, it is also BS.

What aspect is a lower skilled player going to try out? The gun would have such a high MU, the only new thing a player would be trying out would be blowing a large amount of Ped very quickly. What is any sensible player going to do - sell it of course.

And it's not the frequency of appearance of the gun which is the problem. Now it is known to exist, it is the mere threat of more dropping which is going to affect the value of regular items. And the threat that MA now seem to think that doing something similar to other types of item is consistent with their policies.

MA need to admit their mistake, and state it won't happen again.

Well from what I can comprehend from that statement it was deliberate to make extremely rare crafted items become looted items for a very short time on a different planet.

Although it is always nice to see rare items in loots, I think the drop rate should have been over a much longer time as outlined by PopFuzz above. This would better preserve market value and potentially benefit more players.

I wonder when resurrection chips, mod faps, chronicle armor and the like will start to appear - and will some people appear to know in advance before it happens? :rolleyes:

Come, lets kill the boss ripeprsnapper and see what is inside?

Seriously, on 3 planets we have events and mobs out of the ordinary and we know that on two of those, rare stuff dropped. To me its a clear indication that the events on Calypso are meant to be a way for such items to drop here, much like various other mobs dropped stuff on other planets.

What aspect is a lower skilled player going to try out? The gun would have such a high MU, the only new thing a player would be trying out would be blowing a large amount of Ped very quickly. What is any sensible player going to do - sell it of course.

By lower skilled players, they mean all the rest of us who joined after VU 9 came out (or so) who never had teh chance to loot all that uber stuff.

MA say "Everything is working within defined parameters"

MA think "We messed up big time there, let's hope this BS statement will apease the players"

By lower skilled players, they mean all the rest of us who joined after VU 9 came out (or so) who never had teh chance to loot all that uber stuff.

You must mean VU 4.

The scanners were mostly looted by a planet partner contractor. That ped wont be spent it will be withdrawn. That contractor is there, in the game, to make money from his inside knowledge.

Nope, the peds wont be withdrawn, they will be used for further market manipulations when they continue to drop items/bps for themselfs

Is that what they call clear statement ? The balance inside Entropia is exactly the same as clarity in the OP.

Such things makes people quit and my guess is anyone with and healthy mind will not invest a single pec in "economy" of Entropia.

It doesn't matter if the cash will be withdraw or spent the bottom line is MA said none of such things would ever happen. Fairness above all. I guess thats the reason why we got few k active players with an over 1M downloads by now. DAMN IT learn at least and make this place safe, stable and fair.

Back