Information from MindArk Balancing Team

Sorry I read that 5 times and still it doesn't make any sense to me. So was it a mistake or intentional... if intentional MA tempers with one of the most fundamental aspect of this universe imo.

Come, lets kill the boss ripeprsnapper and see what is inside?

Seriously, on 3 planets we have events and mobs out of the ordinary and we know that on two of those, rare stuff dropped. To me its a clear indication that the events on Calypso are meant to be a way for such items to drop here, much like various other mobs dropped stuff on other planets.

You are going to be sorely disappointed when you finally kill that big fish. Waves are a gameplay enhancement, not a cash cow, and I think they are probably a permanent addition.

As for this announcement, I already knew MA were incompetent, I don't see anything here to make me change my opinion.

Sorry I read that 5 times and still it doesn't make any sense to me. So was it a mistake or intentional... if intentional MA tempers with one of the most fundamental aspect of this universe imo.

the scanner where a mistake because why stop them? the gun however is not as that is what the statement is about.

I for one never belives mu are mindarks problem but something the community decides. After items dropped in value too over time. The mu of scanner is rising again so let it take some time.

I don't like to speak about specific bans, but just to stop any silly rumors, their temp-bans are not connected to the current RT/NI-loot situation. That's just poor timing.

As for the MA statement.....

Sorry, didn't help explain things to me at all. :( Guess I'll try rereading it a few times.

OK, not trying to start silly rumors here mate..
Just wondering why (but i guess its not important tho)

Is english your native language?

(I ask because english is not my native language and I'd like to know if a) my english sucks that much or b) the statement isn't clear for native english ppl as well.)

Anyway, I feel there will soon be an official event, like a mutant invasion or something similar to push the masses to the war and make them forget the loot balance. :laugh:

MA and theres "balance" and "dynamik" lol..... What can i say ---> They are full of buXXshiX.:dunce:
Just wounder what they have started to smoke.:kos:

And they even try to make a joke.....
With this MindArk hope you have a greater understanding of last days’ events and see them in a new light.

Last edited:
Reactions: das
I dont really get what the statement was saying either:scratch2:

On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them.

"In the same time we made sure that players with skills in first 3% of EU player base, hunting with highest dps combo, like lets say a tier 10 xt + a bull tac elite amp will get even less opportunities and loot than those lower skilled players.."

You must mean VU 4.

Or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 .... A lot of VU-s have been removing things that used to drop and people have increasingly complained about lack of (UL) items in loot. Be it armor, laser amps or whatever.

And now that items did drop it turns out when people were saying "We want better balance and more items in loot", what they really meant was "We want absolute guarantees items will never drop again! Let all future loots be filled with just oils and wools!"

Or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 .... A lot of VU-s have been removing things that used to drop and people have increasingly complained about lack of (UL) items in loot. Be it armor, laser amps or whatever.

And now that items did drop it turns out when people were saying "We want better balance and more items in loot", what they really meant was "We want absolute guarantees items will never drop again! Let all future loots be filled with just oils and wools!"

It's not all black & white..
There's a diffrence between getting an item every 100-200 globals or getting +10 items a day.
I'm pretty sure even you can understand that!

This is the most vague piece of crap attempt at PR I have ever seen. Trying to allude to a number of things without actually saying anything at all...plain stupid from a business perspective.

I don't like to speak about specific bans, but just to stop any silly rumors, their temp-bans are not connected to the current RT/NI-loot situation. That's just poor timing.

As for the MA statement.....

Sorry, didn't help explain things to me at all. :( Guess I'll try rereading it a few times.

Well thanks for that JC :) At least you seem to keep a clear head when this shit is going crazy......

I rly dont understand the meaning of all the buzz from MA, what i want to know is:

Are MA going to push more ped/loot/items to RT?
Or ar we assf*ked by MA and they dont give a damn of all the shit happening here??
Is it worth keep playing EU? (seems most likely more ppl will drop off soon if there aint any happy changes here)
WHY was this more important to post, than the Q&A´s??????

Reactions: das

Admit you're playing the deveil advocate. ;)
Having regular and known of drop of UL items is not the same that sudden rain of very very old stuff.

We didnt change the rules.. it IS our rules, yea we couldnt be arsed to recode a new set of scanners/faps.

We may have fucked up but were looking into it... tough shit if we did.

Sorry about the effect on MU, but we really cant do fuck all about that

They werent meant to drop so quick! But its ok, it meets the backroom deal we met with ND to PR stunt RT and made sure those around him with insider knowledge benefitted financially. Please await the press release from some random smokescreen...

We will continue to tempt noobs with nice shit... dont loose your hair over it.

For MindArk, the individual progress is a core part of the universe and the market. We want u big investors to fuck off now and loose alot of ped selling cheap..

With this MindArk hope you have a greater understanding of last days’ events and see them in a new light.

- MindArk Balancing Team

Whilst looking between the lines I think ive translated some of it....

Im off to play Tanks.

This is actually a dead on accurate translation, very very well done!

Instead of implement old school stuff, why not working with REimplement last years lost stuff??
Yeah, its because we are asswipes..

bla bla bla balancing my a.. if it was balanced
people would notice it from their recordings.
you guys should go work for khadafi 's PR service lol

Uh the players are nuts uh everything is balanced
it is the stuffs in coffee and craplootcinos
that makes you think the game isnt balanced,
everything is very wel balanced
everything is under controle ...

I'm just waiting for the next non-calypso planet updates to start dropping adj/imp and mod faps to have balanced "planets".

- MindArk Balancing Team
Ok... let me just read that again... Nope, sorry, I still don't understand anything :confused:

I'm just waiting for the next non-calypso planet updates to start dropping adj/imp and mod faps to have balanced "planets".

Indeed, but what i think is... MA drop such old stuff because one of the new 20%staff was high on meth or something so they made the big mistake dropping it.
OR MA descides to devalue the stuff that are way too expensive to buy so many more ppl deposit and play more..
OR MA´s carebear ND needs some new participants so they descide to drop old school items..

It really conflicts all earlier statements you have made regarding planetpartners participants.

Aint they supposed to get their own players? Mass movement when new VU´s hit the pp´s sounds insane.

I wouldnt have anything against you guys alotting 10 mm´s to drop from snables to newbis but that should be during a 1 year period not 48 hours. Now that draws people, not this kind of BS.

The talk about insider abuse is hurting more then you assume. Make a plan asap on how to handle it.

Either they're trying to spin their way out of a massive :cussing:

or the idea that RT is low on players now seems to be the real reason for the drops, encourage people to move over and attempt to get the economy going and Calypso is paying for the priveledge. What happened to each planet having to get their own players.

In the years I've played I would have loved to get some of the rare items and to upgrade my equipment but other than during SGA there was no way for me to do it through loot. What about looking after some of the older players, even phone companies know that you can't just give the best deal to new customers anymore.

Fact is they've probably disillusioned more players by doing this than any other nerf they've done before.

So when can we expect the Atrox Eggs to start dropping? And will the RT items start dropping on Calypso?

I guess we now know what ND meant by loot balancing in his pre-vu notes.

Last edited:
I can normally read into things very well and like to consider myself as a bright person..... But really that statement is pretty poor and doesnt address any of the concerns. For saying a lot of words they didnt really tel us anything. ....... Imo ofc

Due to the last days’ speculations regarding the balancing in Entropia Universe, MindArk want to present the following statement:

MindArk´s vision with Entropia Universe is that all planets are a part of the same universe and follow the same balancing rules. In order for participants and items to move between planets, they have to be balanced with the same system. This is fundamental for the rule system and the market to work.

No changes have been made nor will be made to these core rules. At the same time, MindArk is continuously monitoring the balance of the system and all planets within the universe. Anomalies are constantly analyzed and adjusted to maintain the balance.

The market begins with the core rules, but is to a large extent affected by demand. Participants in a supply and demand situation strive towards stability to be able to predict the future, while at the same time it is in the unexpected and not so frequent situations that real opportunities can emerge.

In the last couple of days, a few rare incidents occurred within an unusually short period of time in conjunction with a release. These incidents have been analyzed in accordance to our routines.

On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them. These items should not be considered to be common in any way, nor competing with regular items. Participants investing time and funds into their avatar should be able to see their avatar progress.

For MindArk, the individual progress is a core part of the universe and the market.

- MindArk Balancing Team

Originally Posted Here

lol

too short

You are going to be sorely disappointed when you finally kill that big fish. Waves are a gameplay enhancement, not a cash cow, and I think they are probably a permanent addition.

As for this announcement, I already knew MA were incompetent, I don't see anything here to make me change my opinion.

I don't think I would be dissapointed even if it turns out the big fish contained novas :laugh: Just surviving there will be a nice achievement and by existing evidence bring me a lot of skills. But at leats for crater I don't see how the present setup could remain, so possibly also for other wave areas.

Should make the next robot war considerably more interesting though.

It's not all black & white..
There's a diffrence between getting an item every 100-200 globals or getting +10 items a day.
I'm pretty sure even you can understand that!

"puctured equilibium" vs "steady drift". People who assumed that things that once dropped but stopped would not drop again were proved wrong. I'm sure peopel will be proven wrong about a lot of similar things in the future (and really, its not as if similar things did not happen in the past - SGA is a very large example of such happening).

Admit you're playing the deveil advocate. ;)
Having regular and known of drop of UL items is not the same that sudden rain of very very old stuff.

Not really. And it sucks the very very old stuff stopped dropping. And I'm sure the over-duped faps and MM-s and other suff will drop someday too. Like say Mod Hunter. But no matter which way you look at it, people who whine about the good old days and being able to loot whatever can't complain when there suddenly is a rain of such orr just a ongoing trickle. Because, either they did not really care about the markup and just like the cool stuff or they only cared about having stuff with cool markup. And certainly can't do a about face now.

Again, SGA. It is up to MA to select between "short floods" vs "theres always a drizzle" mode for all items. They have never promised that something won't loot again, so where's the complaint?

Easy Reading

The statement seems to be quite clear to me.

"We heard you, we know happened, we do the balancing, and that's all we're gonna say."

Why would they say anything else to us? The Black Box will remain black. Does anyone still think MA will ever reveal how loot works?

(Now what did they tell PP's, that's what I'd like to know)

:beerchug:

Miles

its more like:

look you guys fucked us by not bidding insane on medusa.. now we fuck you by dropping mad items to devalue your insane uber avatars... in the end.. we will keep your ped.

even phone companies know that you can't just give the best deal to new customers anymore.

You OBVIOUSLY do not have the same phone company as I do :laugh:

Back