Info: Mothership Names, Owners, Sales Information

The Varangians or Varyags (Old Norse: Væringjar; Greek: Βάραγγοι, Βαριάγοι, Varangoi, Variagoi; Russian and Ukrainian: Варяги, Varyagi / Varyahy; Belarusian: Варагі, Varahi), sometimes referred to as Variagians, were Vikings,[1][2][3][4] who from the 9th to 11th centuries ventured eastwards and southwards along the rivers of Eastern Europe, through what is now Russia, Belarus and Ukraine,[5][6] connecting Scandinavia with Jerusalem, Constantinople and Baghdad.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians

MA has to be done with dropping motheships no?... being that space seems to be overly crowded with them...

last one went to donvoon crazyhunter batranu
69kish

MA has to be done with dropping motheships no?...

No. :laugh:

At current prices, I think MA will keep "dropping" them into auction.

MA has to be done with dropping motheships no?... being that space seems to be overly crowded with them...

last one went to donvoon crazyhunter batranu
69kish

No, MA should keep putting MS in AUC... as long as they are selling >50K.....

I want MA to be financially solvent.
As i said b4 let the money come from people who can afford it. and let MA use it for development.

No, MA should keep putting MS in AUC... as long as they are selling >50K.....

I want MA to be financially solvent.
As i said b4 let the money come from people who can afford it. and let MA use it for development.

well didnt that deal that fell through for 6mil benefit MA? the company that went bk ( or backed out of the deal)... gave MA 1 million$ as partial payement...if i recall... which is a lot more then they could suck from the customers that buying these ships... i think greed is kicking in...

according to MAs image... there were to be 10 ships... after that it gets blurry... which means probably not more after that... we are at 14 now... MA should not drop anymore

they already milked the people helping them run this game (customers) of almost 100k$... i think enough is enough

Last edited:
well didnt that deal that fell through for 6mil benefit MA? the company that went bk ( or backed out of the deal)... gave MA 1 million$ as partial payement...if i recall... which is a lot more then they could suck from the customers that buying these ships... i think greed is kicking in...

according to MAs image... there were to be 10 ships... after that it gets blurry... which means probably not more after that... we are at 14 now... MA should not drop anymore

they already milked the people helping them run this game (customers) of almost 100k$... i think enough is enough

stop your whining. You knew that MA said they would stop whenever they seem its the right amount. If you got in too early, you paid too much ... I think anyone but the few ms owners would love for MA to take more ped out of the game from people who obviously have them.

Angel

PS: I reckon they will drop at least 20 more ... but that's just my guess ... Quickest money they ever made

Reactions: Mac
stop your whining. You knew that MA said they would stop whenever they seem its the right amount. If you got in too early, you paid too much ... I think anyone but the few ms owners would love for MA to take more ped out of the game from people who obviously have them.

Angel

PS: I reckon they will drop at least 20 more ... but that's just my guess ... Quickest money they ever made

Well the 'could' do that... but then I predict it would be the last time they could pull that trick and expect to get paid big bucks for any of their items sold in this manner. Potential buyers would remember...

/facepalm

Really? You expect a picture showing HOW they will auction the ships to show HOW MANY ships they will auction, when they have said they will auction them until they are satisfied with the amount of ships per space and playerbase and then stop without prior notice?

The blurry = "Will keep auctioning after that but we will not show for how long"...

Reactions: sbi
stop your whining. You knew that MA said they would stop whenever they seem its the right amount. If you got in too early, you paid too much ...

As far as I know Joker hasn't bought a Mothership nor a stake in the Black Angels ship.

Since we currently only see the first release of MA's space it is to early to argument how many ships will be needed or not. Of cause for pure transportation means we might be settled when hangar owners get their privateers, but space mobs still havent entered and asteroid mining is also missing. When counting the number of neutral space stations my guess would be that MA's vision for them is not just for safety reasons.
MA stated they think of introducing warp in a later patch and currently the largest distance in current space is 20000meters - im quite sure that i dont need warp for such a distance, but maybe MA plans to extend space and readjust distances between planets later on, when they got warp working...
A larger universe will mean way more room and usage for operating ships, exspecially if sleipnirs/interceptors dont get warp.
MA also stated that they will sell those unlimited ships just now and later on only limited versions shall enter the market - what do you think how many owners of a limited mothership will put in 100k+ to max out their ship for battle ?
So 14 motherships in an ever growing universe - might be nice for the current space - but how will space look like in 2013 when we have double the amounts of planets and probably alot of asteroids inbetween.
Keep in mind when current hangar owner bought there ships and how tiny that 'space' was.
Keep in mind when Deathifier set the milestone with buying Treasure Island - how many of you might have thought back then that there will be 100+ landareas (not all player owned yet, but maybe soon) a few years later ? And how many of those later LA's would you think are more successful then TI ?
Im sure many of the mothership owners are fully aware that a mothership while require alot more logistics then a landarea but it could net alot more operating profit then any of the current landareas if MA makes the right adjustments to them over time (since they are up 24/7, they should be put to use 24/7 which will require soc like management rights for guest list). And before people tell me that im dreaming - i said 'could' no 'will' - cause its all dynamic as we know ;)

Since we currently only see the first release of MA's space it is to early to argument how many ships will be needed or not. Of cause for pure transportation means we might be settled when hangar owners get their privateers, but space mobs still havent entered and asteroid mining is also missing. When counting the number of neutral space stations my guess would be that MA's vision for them is not just for safety reasons.
MA stated they think of introducing warp in a later patch and currently the largest distance in current space is 20000meters - im quite sure that i dont need warp for such a distance, but maybe MA plans to extend space and readjust distances between planets later on, when they got warp working...
A larger universe will mean way more room and usage for operating ships, exspecially if sleipnirs/interceptors dont get warp.
MA also stated that they will sell those unlimited ships just now and later on only limited versions shall enter the market - what do you think how many owners of a limited mothership will put in 100k+ to max out their ship for battle ?
So 14 motherships in an ever growing universe - might be nice for the current space - but how will space look like in 2013 when we have double the amounts of planets and probably alot of asteroids inbetween.
Keep in mind when current hangar owner bought there ships and how tiny that 'space' was.
Keep in mind when Deathifier set the milestone with buying Treasure Island - how many of you might have thought back then that there will be 100+ landareas (not all player owned yet, but maybe soon) a few years later ? And how many of those later LA's would you think are more successful then TI ?
Im sure many of the mothership owners are fully aware that a mothership while require alot more logistics then a landarea but it could net alot more operating profit then any of the current landareas if MA makes the right adjustments to them over time (since they are up 24/7, they should be put to use 24/7 which will require soc like management rights for guest list). And before people tell me that im dreaming - i said 'could' no 'will' - cause its all dynamic as we know ;)

Good post +rep.

It's amazing how many people may actually think like that but then go on to drive down the price? or whine about more motherships? joker / sbi? wonder what their agenda is :)

For all we know MA may have planned to release 70 motherships to match the 70 hangars. We really don't know and as John pointed out there is so much about space we don't know yet? so how on earth can people start moaning we have enough motherships? Guess typical of people to not know what they are talking about :laugh:

+rep to John B Knights post

I agree there are more Motherships already than are needed on the current space map.
What this means for me is that each time another Mothership is released I grow more and more excited for the future of space and how big it really will be.

narfi

George Ace Skywalker - Gagarin - 69023 ped

post one updated with last two ships sold sales information. gratz to the new owners.

new ship up now, Dreadnought, ends tomorrow 7/4 around 23:00 UTC. top bid is 20k atm.

No. :laugh:

At current prices, I think MA will keep "dropping" them into auction.

I wonder if Jan gets loot swirlies around him at his desk and trumpets sound and crowds cheer and everyone's office instant messenger gets an ATH notification when one of these things sell. Must be nice to be able to copy and paste ATHs :laugh:

geats +50020

price going down again? any new ms on auction now?

No new MotherShips on auction, I think this is the end of the sales.

We will know tonight - MA always aims for the best auction times to increase revenue.

We will know tonight - MA always aims for the best auction times to increase revenue.

Since its patch day, i wouldnt count on it yet but just say its likely that mothership sales may have stopped now.

16 ships - 4 per planet - 1 per space sector if i counted right - sounds like a fitting number

Since its patch day, i wouldnt count on it yet but just say its likely that mothership sales may have stopped now.

16 ships - 4 per planet - 1 per space sector if i counted right - sounds like a fitting number

There are 17 motherships owned by players. In op the Yamato is not numbered.

There are 17 motherships owned by players. In op the Yamato is not numbered.

No George its just 16 - the Yamato is numbered - shes just listed 2 time in first post and only once with the number as it should be, we had that confusion earlier in this thread ;)

No George its just 16 - the Yamato is numbered - shes just listed 2 time in first post and only once with the number as it should be, we had that confusion earlier in this thread ;)

thanks for pointing this out again, i have just got over the trauma and sleepless nights of my confusion :eyecrazy:

saw the naught upstairs today, confirmed it was won by geats. updated post one with that and its sales information.

and yes, as stated, i numbered the ships, there seams to be 16. since yamato was both given away as a contest prize and then sold, i simply numbered it once with the new owner's info.

guess ma has stopped selling them for now. perhaps there will be more time will tell i suspect.

skip :)

Last edited:
Empty your private message box :)

John B Knight,

Your private message box is full and can't accept replies...
Please empty it,

thank you, Ak.

Back