Info: Mothership Names, Owners, Sales Information

John B Knight,

Your private message box is full and can't accept replies...
Please empty it,

thank you, Ak.

Since one week i clean it every day akbar, take your chance now ;)

New ship on auction - Ark Royal. :)

Is this for real? - Unfortunately due to laptop meltdown (thanks Toshiba you tossers) I cant login right now...

But, yeah I was kinda thinking there was enough out there already..... Plenty in fact....

And the Ark Royal - Well, the real one was up for auction by the MOD here

.... Auction ran out a couple of days ago unfortunately - otherwise.....:laugh: Maybe more value than a few pixels??

Anyhow - good luck to all MS owners - Just hope MA dont bomb the worth too much over the next couple of days.

(ofc if ark royal aint up for grabs then this post wasnt here alright!!!- - like I say no way of logging in to check!!)

Just gotta say its a bit poor of the MOD to not post current bids..... I might have laid down a couple of k peds on that Ark Royal - had I have known what the current bid was........ :laugh:

Indeed there is a new mothership in auction last time i looked had a 40k bid on it.

About 2 hours before it ends...

Will this be the last one ?

Werent they supposed to suddenly stop putting them in auction?

Yeah their announcement that they will add another ship as soon as the previous auction runs out and at some point stop forever, was something that made many players pay higher prices to get one as long as they last. Starting new sales again and again after a break is definatly something that should be commented by mindark.

It would seem likely they will continue putting them up for sale as long as there is "demand". (what amount of ped is considered "demand" is known only by MA). I would not expect them to stop while they still get 50k+ per.

It would seem likely they will continue putting them up for sale as long as there is "demand". (what amount of ped is considered "demand" is known only by MA). I would not expect them to stop while they still get 50k+ per.

Hmm.. They said something else:

Auction

On the first day after the release, three Motherships will be placed in the Entropia Universe auction on a 24-hour auction period.

When the initial three auctions are won, one Mothership will be placed in the auction every 24th hour until MindArk deems there are an adequate number of Motherships for the current space and Entropia Universe population. There will be no prior notification that MindArk will stop releasing new Motherships to the auction.

No limit or buyout prices will be set for these auctions.

Note that the motherships are unlimited!

Hmm.. They said something else:

Yeah I know. But you should know by now what MA says and what MA does can be two different things.

Who ever gets the last one will get the best deal!

Maybe if you current mothership owners would start upgrading the SI, they wouldn't need to put any more motherships out.

Yeah their announcement that they will add another ship as soon as the previous auction runs out and at some point stop forever, was something that made many players pay higher prices to get one as long as they last. Starting new sales again and again after a break is definatly something that should be commented by mindark.

Ehhr so you bought a mothership but didn't bother to read what MA said about it? They said they would continue until there are enough according to them, and then release new ones when there are new players/planets.

They said they would continue until there are enough according to them, and then release new ones when there are new players/planets.

They said they would continue until there are enough according to them by auctioning one every 24 hour. Now my watch might be broken but I'm sure there was more than 24 hours between the listing of the Dreadnought and the Ark Royal. For the second part of your comment (releasing when there are new players/planets). I haven't seen any new planets since last week, so that can't be the case. And I sure hope they didn't mean a new mothership per every 100 new players, otherwise soon they'll be TT-food.

This being said: it really makes me not want to get into future auctions that will be runned this way.

Ehhr so you bought a mothership but didn't bother to read what MA said about it? They said they would continue until there are enough according to them, and then release new ones when there are new players/planets.

Actually they did say that should there be motherships be added again in the future that they would be L and not UL.
You can be sure that i read announcements excactly to the words before considering to invest on something.
And they explicitly said they would run 24h auctions one after the other starting a new one as soon as the old one is sold.

I think the general gist is that they were going to keep releasing the UL motherships into the universe on auction, and the "every 24 hours" was there to say that there wouldn't be multiples after the first 3 at once. To try and say "Well once you went more than 24 hours without putting on on auction means you can't put anymore out!" isn't at all legitimate.

Who says they can make all the proper balance considerations within 24 hours? Especially toward the END of that balance cycle? Sure in the first 4 days you can be sure you've still got more to sell. But as those increase, eventually you might have to pause to make sure the balance is correct, then make small adjustments. In this case, the "small adjustments" are another mothership on the auction...

Cristal isn't cheap, Jan probably had to restock the fridge after some parties over the weekend, I'm sure he appreciates your support :laugh:

Looks as though the ship has sold :)

~Danimal

I think the general gist is that they were going to keep releasing the UL motherships into the universe on auction, and the "every 24 hours" was there to say that there wouldn't be multiples after the first 3 at once. To try and say "Well once you went more than 24 hours without putting on on auction means you can't put anymore out!" isn't at all legitimate.

Who says they can make all the proper balance considerations within 24 hours? Especially toward the END of that balance cycle? Sure in the first 4 days you can be sure you've still got more to sell. But as those increase, eventually you might have to pause to make sure the balance is correct, then make small adjustments. In this case, the "small adjustments" are another mothership on the auction...

Kuber please dont tell me you think that Mindark is doing the 'balancing' one by one when it comes to adding items to the game. If that would be the case i would be seriously scared.
I am quite sure that the number of motherships mindark is going to release is not balanced to the current date but with years of space development still to come in mind.
I am not complaining about the total number, i just dislike the way of keeping that number unknown and not keeping to the own schedule. And this is a schedule they would be easily able to keep, not like some other development schedules.

Who was it that got "Ark Royal"?

Since no ship was in auction when the Gold pirate ship event was, I assumed the auctions were over so I stopped looking.

Kuber please dont tell me you think that Mindark is doing the 'balancing' one by one when it comes to adding items to the game. If that would be the case i would be seriously scared.

I am quite sure that the number of motherships mindark is going to release is not balanced to the current date but with years of space development still to come in mind.

I am not complaining about the total number, i just dislike the way of keeping that number unknown and not keeping to the own schedule. And this is a schedule they would be easily able to keep, not like some other development schedules.

I do, actually. First off, let's remember that we're talking about unlimited mothership deeds and not a fap or rifle. I suspect the balancing routine might be a bit different for a roaming land area than a planetside user object.

And there are some caveats to my beliefs on this. If they are "balancing" by predicting out in the future how many motherships will be needed based on, say, marketing campaigns by planet partners which haven't occurred yet, then they are complete buffoons and this notion of "balance" is just a joke anyway. My concept of balancing does require them to be managing items based on how many current active users or potential users (like created, but dormant accounts) are in the system, and not "speculative users" based on hazy future efforts. In this case, the possibility of added "speculative users" ought to be what those (L) mothership BP drops are for.

But I'm also not sure how active all of the motherships have been. And my expectation of a true "balancing" system involves not only a specific number of ships, but how many of those ships are operating as well. If there's a mothership that's been docked in orbit and hasn't moved yet since the beginning of space, should that count as part of an active balance?

Obviously if the long-term plan was to have unlimited AND limited motherships, then in terms of "balance" there's probably some gray area there where an extra number of unL motherships over the "balance" limit can be equalized by less (L) motherships in the verse, or fewer unlimited motherships could be balanced by more (L) motherships.

I'm fascinated by the concept of how this balancing works, and how much scrutiny over records and historical logs it takes to manage all this stuff, but my faith in the game has to assume that there is a true balancing process, and that it isn't necessarily a completely mathematical routine, and does require changes, monitoring of how those changes flow out into the system, followed by more changes.

Is it possible the Ark Royal was just a brazen call for more cash? Sure. But I don't think we have enough data to determine this fact. We don't have their original lists. And I don't think their original announcement of "one per 24 hours" means that once 24 hours goes by without a ship on the auction, that this means definitively that there will be no more unlimited motherships ever released.

Just my thoughts. Your mileage may vary.

Personally I think the value of these motherships has jumped tremendously now that the motherships and privateers now have the "safe stackables through lootable PVP" exploit. Meanwhile, the ability of small fighter pilots to protect stackables through lootable PVP has been nerfed and removed from the game. So while some believe the value of motherships is being "diluted", in reality they may be becoming even more valuable...

Last edited:
So, did Noah get his ark?

1st off everyone needs to calm down. I'm very confident that Ark Royal is the last (UL) Mothership to be sold in auction. There was extenuating circumstances that came about to have this last ship placed in auction. I'm not sure that MindArk wants this information released concerning these extenuating circumstances, so I wont be sharing them at this time.

Anyways with that being said, Patriot's Society is now the proud owners of Mothership Ark Royal and the deed to this ship is safely tucked away on Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay. I like to thank everyone that is in the Know for helping out getting this ship purchased and a special thank you to MindArk for making good on your promise that you made to Patriot's society.

To everyone else that thinks MindArk don't listen to their customers or care about their customers, I must say that you couldn't be more wrong.

Sincerely,
Mr Nukem Quayjay
Proud Shareholder of MS Ark Royal

:confused: very :confused: Seems that some people know a lot more than the general public.

As for MA listening to their costumers, I have a friend who's been waiting for two months to get his LA named and stripped of the natural spawn. And no news yet. :(

1st off everyone needs to calm down. I'm very confident that Ark Royal is the last (UL) Mothership to be sold in auction. There was extenuating circumstances that came about to have this last ship placed in auction. I'm not sure that MindArk wants this information released concerning these extenuating circumstances, so I wont be sharing them at this time.

Anyways with that being said, Patriot's Society is now the proud owners of Mothership Ark Royal and the deed to this ship is safely tucked away on Mrs Sinofmen Quayjay. I like to thank everyone that is in the Know for helping out getting this ship purchased and a special thank you to MindArk for making good on your promise that you made to Patriot's society.

To everyone else that thinks MindArk don't listen to their customers or care about their customers, I must say that you couldn't be more wrong.

Sincerely,
Mr Nukem Quayjay

EDIT: I removed everything else because the end result is my expectations on the balance decision are pretty much nullified.

I (still) stand sadly corrected.

But no ill will intended on the Ark Royal or its new owners. Congrats on your purchase!

Last edited:

Sincerely,
Mr Nukem Quayjay

Very intresting. Thanks for sharing., clears up a lot of wild speculations but no doubt raises new questions.

Congratualtions on your MS purchase.

:confused: very :confused: Seems that some people know a lot more than the general public.

Oh come on don't be silly. It's not like MA would ever do anything like giving away information to a few selected individuals months or years before telling the rest?

Here's a screenshot of neverdie.com from March 2008:
showimage.php

... But this was of course naturally a coincidence.. a hunch if you like. Just like the clubneverdie.com domain registration 2 weeks before the asteroid sale was announced.. yup. complete coincidence. we're all convinced :)

Back