The ores on Calypso

Do you want the ores back to normal?

• Yes

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
You said this can't happen and that is insane. It just did.

Just because it happens does not mean that it is not insane.
And every action has a reaction, and the reaction of one "top 100" crafter was this:

niks_reaction.jpg

with that QR i think it shows how sustainable 200% is for people crafting

Just because it happens does not mean that it is not insane.And every action has a reaction, and the reaction of one "top 100" crafter was this:
niks_reaction.jpg

Mos shoot himself in the foot long time ago, and still selling his BPs and stuff.

Niksarium at that time was 127%-132%. That sale have nothing in common with current niks MU.

That sale have nothing in common with current niks MU.

heh ok, just because the timing made it look like cause and effect doesnt mean it is :p
i dont mind admitting when i am wrong!

Just because it happens does not mean that it is not insane.
And every action has a reaction, and the reaction of one "top 100" crafter was this:

niks_reaction.jpg

You got it all wrong... That BP is on market for many months now, as people already said so.
People will craft and use level 8's and markup on that amp will go up. A bit fewer people will use the amp, and more will use level 5. It will take a while for market to adjust. But if they keep things the way the are, we can expect to see level 8 at 140-150% in future, and that is how most markups will shift.

Just for the record... there are 2 ways to control mining profession. And by that , meaning the global markup in mining...
1. By controlling the price on narc, niks and duru. And it looks like they do that.
2. By controlling the price on Zanderium and making all deep finders really expensive, so that deep ores become really rare.

First option affects the price of amps, so it impacts directly all volumes on the market. Second option can potentially make the mining skill based.

To be honest, I expected them to play with Zanderium, simply because is easier than changing the volume on so many markets at once.

There is another thing that will push niks/duru up in near future. And that is the treasure profession.

You got it all wrong... That BP is on market for many months now, as people already said so.
People will craft and use level 8's and markup on that amp will go up. A bit fewer people will use the amp, and more will use level 5. It will take a while for market to adjust. But if they keep things the way the are, we can expect to see level 8 at 140-150% in future, and that is how most markups will shift.

Just for the record... there are 2 ways to control mining profession. And by that , meaning the global markup in mining...
1. By controlling the price on narc, niks and duru. And it looks like they do that.
2. By controlling the price on Zanderium and making all deep finders really expensive, so that deep ores become really rare.

First option affects the price of amps, so it impacts directly all volumes on the market. Second option can potentially make the mining skill based.

To be honest, I expected them to play with Zanderium, simply because is easier than changing the volume on so many markets at once.

There is another thing that will push niks/duru up in near future. And that is the treasure profession.

I just wish they make ores more depth dependant, like with duru, instead of making it uber rare on calypso, just make it need decent depth finder. I found no more of it with vrx3k than with a f105, that doesnt make sense to me. As for zand easy to find with f106, the high end finders are just not needed anymore

Rgds

Ace

You said this can't happen and that is insane. It just did.*huge pic skipped*
And you can see now, that it was simple weekly spike.

And you can see now, that it was simple weekly spike.

More like 1 evening spike for a few hours when auction was empty (just a guess). I completely missed it and when I saw the pic, the prices were somewhere between 170% and 180%.

More like 1 evening spike for a few hours when auction was empty (just a guess). I completely missed it and when I saw the pic, the prices were somewhere between 170% and 180%.

It was a spike. I agree. But market is going up still. It crashed because all that wanted to sell fast started undercutting. It was expected. It willgo back up. Then back down again. Is a huge entropy until people accept the price of niks. Is a psychological problem.

Some still have in mind the 125% a while ago and they would sell for anything above that. The supply on market is as it would be 230% or so.

People sell and undercut each other being scared and not trusting the stability of the game - as they should.

I do not know that they WILL keep the supply as it is. But the signs are out saying that they will.

Niks will drop to 150% again and will go back up to around 200 or more. Until people don't feel the need to undercut by 10%, but they will do it for 1 ped. When that will happen, market can become stable.

Also, knowing how MA thinks, when that will happen, we will see a niks ATH. And deppending who gets it, it may or may not ruin the market. Is how EU works...

Agree, except this:

Also, knowing how MA thinks, when that will happen, we will see a niks ATH. And deppending who gets it, it may or may not ruin the market. Is how EU works...

No way there will be niks ATH at the current rate of niks supply/consume/lvl8s clickage, and selling rate of lvl8s and apises. Lvl8s already is 133%, so auditory for them is only complete id... gamblers.

Crafters tends to "seat" on some "safe" amount of niks to be able craft stuff instantly if there will be need in selling, or have stashes of crafted stuff - my pure speculation. All of them reading that (and similar) threads, but never-ever commenting. (smile.jpg) This is reducing amount of niks available in the "system" for miners.

Even IF ATH will happen (tho I don't know - what, MA pushing ATH buttons here? Cmon!) - no way market will be disturbed by 4k-6k daily supply.

I wish, tho, that MU of niks will settle at some point, but this is hardly achievable since of separate planet.

By the way, narc still going to the shit. Looks like AH-parasites jumped on anything what remains on Caly with relatively good turnover, avoiding of high-MU stuff.

Also, couple days ago, pirates catch a very "smart" miner with several Ks of niks, now those flies considering RTSS like pile of their favorite shit. They're not an issue, but an additional little factor.

So, MU going up, turnovers slowing down, hitrate is shit.

I drunk second day in a row, so hardly can find anything now (except my claims), but somewhere was stated, that after (?) Cyrene release - stuff will be rebalanced exactly to achieve this.

I'm kinda scary of that shit and curious same time.

May you live in interesting times!

*damn fckng lags double post*

Last edited:
Agree, except this:

No way there will be niks ATH at the current rate of niks supply/consume/lvl8s clickage, and selling rate of lvl8s and apises. Lvl8s already is 133%, so auditory for them is only complete id... gamblers.

Crafters tends to "seat" on some "safe" amount of niks to be able craft stuff instantly if there will be need in selling, or have stashes of crafted stuff - my pure speculation. All of them reading that (and similar) threads, but never-ever commenting. (smile.jpg) This is reducing amount of niks available in the "system" for miners.

Even IF ATH will happen (tho I don't know - what, MA pushing ATH buttons here? Cmon!) - no way market will be disturbed by 4k-6k daily supply.

I wish, tho, that MU of niks will settle at some point, but this is hardly achievable since of separate planet.

By the way, narc still going to the shit. Looks like AH-parasites jumped on anything what remains on Caly with relatively good turnover, avoiding of high-MU stuff.

Also, couple days ago, pirates catch a very "smart" miner with several Ks of niks, now those flies considering RTSS like pile of their favorite shit. They're not an issue, but an additional little factor.

So, MU going up, turnovers slowing down, hitrate is shit.

May you live in interesting times!

I don't feel sorry for that miner...Greed will catch you eventually

I don't feel sorry for that miner...Greed will catch you eventually
It's not greed. It was stupidity. VIP flight costs kinda 50 peds - it's nothing.Tbh, I really wouldn't mention him, - it can trigger unneeded shit for sure.

I've heard of another miners losing alot of peds worth of ores in space to a pker...There should be no complaining by pkers lol

I've heard of another miners losing alot of peds worth of ores in space to a pker...There should be no complaining by pkers lol
Listen, you intentionally trying to spin-off this shit? My mention about that miner and pirates was just 5% of that post, and in the light of "they camping now RTSS, thus have small influence at niks imported to Caly".

Pk has no influence on market, since there are MS and privateers that offer safe transport. You torn this into something is not.

Pk has no influence on market, since there are MS and privateers that offer safe transport. You torn this into something is not.
Err, you mean - me?

I like mining Niksarium and Durulium untaxed on Arkadia...Gives me a chance to get away from all the BS on other planets and the greedy grinders..Not to mention, getting to mine other high MU resources used in Arkadia BP's that are becomming popular as well..So I voted no I like the new redistribution of different resources throughout the solar system or galaxy or whatever you wanna call it...

Back